Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy
I loved this episode, best of the season for me. My favorite moments are when the gang is just hanging out at the bar and bullshitting, and this episode was basically that without the bar. Dennis doing the OY OY OY OY to bring Charlie to heel and then Charlie's reaction immediately after loving killed me. They do it a few more times throughout the episode for various other reasons too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice

FireWorksWell posted:

Is he still going to be on for Season 12 after that?

No, for season 12 the part of Frank will be played by Vin Diesel.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

Was anyone else hoping that they were going to spend the whole episode pointing out each others' flaws and making actual confessions?

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

InfiniteZero posted:

No, for season 12 the part of Frank will be played by Vin Diesel.

I'd rather see him played by Glenn Howerton.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.

criscodisco posted:

I thought she was just sitting in the back through "dinner" because she had just announced that she was done with the gang.

That's how I read it too. It was really perfect that she couldn't help but drag herself back into their game, and does so with the blender gag (which was really funny). Kaitlin plays the "tag-along sister" type really well, and that moment really fit her character nicely.

There's a moment in S02 (I think, don't remember the particular episode) where Dennis insists the gang has always been him, Mac, and Charlie. Dee protests that she's a part of the gang too, and Frank in a parental tone says "Dennis, let your sister be a part of the gang!" You really got the sense that Dee has desperately wanted to be included in their shenanigans, but has been shunned her whole life.

I've been a tag-along my whole life, so I really appreciate how well they play it in the show.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Yall got the order of events wrong. Dee declared she was done, but sidled back in for some racist impressions. Then cut to the dinner scene. They obviously threw her back out.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
You're absolutely right. I just popped out back up on my DVR, and she does quit the gang before she's dragged back in when people want to hear impressions.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
For what purpose would Dee have been dragged in? They nearly drowned due to her backsass and lack of grace.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

That might be my favorite episode of the season. Dee's Obama impression, the imaginary dinner, oyoyoy-ing at Charlie, fighting each other on their way out of the water, there was so much good stuff. While watching it & enjoying it, when they started doing that thing you see in sitcoms sometimes where somehow all the characters start playing soem really cool beat on a bunch of ordinary objects and I was kind of groaning since I've seen it before so many times. The gang immediately talking about how lame it was and how they'll never do it again was great.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
I loved that Charlie would be the one who has a problem with undercooked (imaginary) chicken.

And Mac is a terrible cook. He could make anything imaginable and what he comes up with is boiled chicken, brown rice, no butter, no sides and blue kool aid. But yeah, he's the guy who settled on eating kraft mac&cheese for a whole month.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Mar 10, 2016

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Their reaction to Frank's horrifying Chappaquiddick confession being the Gang getting pissed off that he's not tattling on one of them is so great.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

I love how Dennis has started carrying around onions so he can cry now after discovering he didn't ever feel anything.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

I love how Dennis has started carrying around onions so he can cry now after discovering he didn't ever feel anything.

Well he knows better than to use chili powder now

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
I'm surprised at how amazingly good that episode was. The whole season has been pretty good imo, but that was way up the list for the entire series.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
The gang going on a four hour derail about naval engine noises and afterwards congratulating themselves for their efficiency might be the most sunny thing ever.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

At least he cares enough to try and fake it?

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

At least he cares enough to try and fake it?

Well, they expect it. If he doesn't do it, how will he get what he wants out of them?

I can only imagine the horrifying scenarios he uses this crying trick for...

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
Looks like it has been removed from Amazon Prime.

unburied
Jun 8, 2015

Air is lava! posted:

And Mac is a terrible cook. He could make anything imaginable and what he comes up with is boiled chicken, brown rice, no butter, no sides and blue kool aid. But yeah, he's the guy who settled on eating kraft mac&cheese for a whole month.

Mass quantities of chicken with brown rice are staples of packing on lean mass. I enjoyed this joke because, as long as it is imaginary, Mac eats like a bodybuilder and imposes it on the rest of the gang. He would never eat that way for real though, as season 7 proved.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

unburied posted:

Mass quantities of chicken with brown rice are staples of packing on lean mass. I enjoyed this joke because, as long as it is imaginary, Mac eats like a bodybuilder and imposes it on the rest of the gang. He would never eat that way for real though, as season 7 proved.

He should have brought his garbage bag of chimichanga

Tokelau All Star
Feb 23, 2008

THE TAXES! THE FINGER THING MEANS THE TAXES!

Charlie had the best engine noise

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded

Tokelau All Star posted:

Charlie had the best engine noise

Nah, boats are mainly computerised nowadays so they barely make any noise at all, Dennis had it right.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

I lost my poo poo when Charlie had the flare gun and said something along the lines of "but I have the gun now so...the end!"

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

unburied posted:

Can we talk about creatine shits?

obliriovrons
Jul 18, 2009

WampaLord posted:

I lost my poo poo when Charlie had the flare gun and said something along the lines of "but I have the gun now so...the end!"

So good. Such a fantastic line delivery.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

WampaLord posted:

Which reminds me, pretty hosed up that Charlie tried to kill himself!

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

WampaLord posted:

I love how quickly the gang are willing to abuse any scrap of power they get their hands on. The flare gun was basically the punchline of 11 seasons of the gang pulling Machiavellian schemes on each other.

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

timp posted:

The whole episode was a pretty good riff on the Sartre play 'No Exit' (except for the lack of sexual tension).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_Exit

quote:

The play is a depiction of the afterlife in which three deceased characters are punished by being locked into a room together for eternity. It is the source of Sartre's especially famous and often misinterpreted quotation "L'enfer, c'est les autres" or "Hell is other people",[2] a reference to Sartre's ideas about the look and the perpetual ontological struggle of being caused to see oneself as an object in the world of another consciousness.

Now I haven't read it in a decade+ but I think I remember one of the characters trying to 'escape' by slitting their wrists, only to find they wake back up in the same room.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

timp posted:

To be fair that was only to prove he was already dead!!

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Charlie with the gun was the best part of the episode imo. Better than when it happened with Frank/Mac and the knife in the rum ham boat

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

WampaLord posted:

Sounded like Charlie had Gun Fever.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

The gang all doing their engine noises was hilarious and immediately made me think of Arrested Development. I wonder how good their chicken impressions are?

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

unburied posted:

Even Stereotypically Gay Mac has his limits.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3BPaDUlEsk

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

So yeah, they weighted down an old fat man and forced him to swim around in a giant water tank full of shifting metal.

This definitely should have been Danny DeVito's death scene...

unlawfulsoup
May 12, 2001

Welcome home boys!
Great episode. Dennis CCH pounder was great as well as when he was faking tears, I love how Charlie yells 'onion ONION'.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

PK loving SUBBAN posted:

The whole episode was a pretty good riff on the Sartre play 'No Exit' (except for the lack of sexual tension).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_Exit

quote:

Parodies

Talk Show From Hell, a modern parody by Jean-Noel Fenwick, was produced by the Open Fist Theatre in Los Angeles, CA, in 2000.[7]

On Doorway to Hell, a parody of anthology television shows that ran on Second City Television, host Lin Yee Tang Dave Thomas introduced a story called Man in a Box, only to ruin the story in his monologue by revealing that the box is in fact Hell itself.

In episode "Stewie B. Goode" from American television show Family Guy, Stewie Griffin gets sent to hell in what seems to be a dream after being knocked unconscious. This inspires him to change his attitude on life. In hell, he walks into a fancy hotel room, and questions if that is what hell is really like. This seems to be a reference to No Exit.

In Season 11 Episode 10 of It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia entitled "The Gang Goes To Hell: Part II", the gang is locked in the "boat jail" of a religious themed Christian cruise ship after committing various sins throughout the previous episode. The episode borrows directly from No Exit including when they all try to no speak to each other and when Charlie thinks they're already dead and shoots himself in the head with a flare gun. It should be clarified however that Dennis's thing wasn't rape.

:golfclap:

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different

I really really love it when companies geoblock promotional content, makes total sense :psyduck:

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Yeah I will never understand the geoblocking bullshit, it's so god drat fully retarded

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super Deuce
May 25, 2006
TOILETS
Oh, I like the smell of my own dumps.
It bothers me a lot more than it should that they don't hold onto the pipes instead of treading water.