Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

What

gently caress

noooooo

:negative:

Hayabusa is genuinely one of my all time favorite wrestlers, and my heart sank when I saw he had passed. Goddamn, this sucks. I'm glad he at least got to stand in the ring one last time, though. :unsmith:

DMorbid fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Mar 4, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Horrible news obviously, especially since he seemed to be doing pretty good in recent years.

According to @reaonjp Onita scheduled a press conference for tomorrow, wouldn't be shocked if it's some sort of FMW memorial show.

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo

mariooncrack posted:

Do you have a translated version?

I posted this when it happened last year but I don't know if everyone saw it. It's really emotional for anyone who was a Hayabusa fan:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edTwRh7DLnA

It's emotional even if you're not; I cried the first time I watched it, and I don't recall ever seeing a Hayabusa match.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I need to dig through my vhs collection and find my FMW tapes. I know I have the Hayabusa one somewhere.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

Thauros posted:

Horrible news obviously, especially since he seemed to be doing pretty good in recent years.

According to @reaonjp Onita scheduled a press conference for tomorrow, wouldn't be shocked if it's some sort of FMW memorial show.

Did this press conference happen?

Asteroid Alert
Oct 24, 2012

BINGO!

mariooncrack posted:

Did this press conference happen?

Onita announced that the main reason for the FMW revival was to have a ring for Hayabusa to return to. Their plans were to have a Kawasaki Stadium show in May 5th 2017 headlined by the return of Hayabusa.

With the death of Hayabusa, Onita announced that the future of the FMW revival promotion is in jeopardy and he will be having discussions with everyone involved about the future of the promotion.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Good scapegoat for close down another FMW revival no ones been going to see.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..

KungFu Grip posted:

they've been selling out every Korakuen? this is definitely just typical Onita grandstanding though.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
There was no way he could wrestle again, gently caress that scumbag Onita.

edit: okay I'll stick with "a scumbag other than this particular thing"

Ditch fucked around with this message at 15:47 on Mar 7, 2016

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Hayabusa wanted to wrestle too so Onita was more like an enabler than anything else. Doesn't mean he isn't a scumbag though, he did try and make an angle out of Bruiser Brody's death

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Jake Soo posted:

Onita announced that the main reason for the FMW revival was to have a ring for Hayabusa to return to. Their plans were to have a Kawasaki Stadium show in May 5th 2017 headlined by the return of Hayabusa.

With the death of Hayabusa, Onita announced that the future of the FMW revival promotion is in jeopardy and he will be having discussions with everyone involved about the future of the promotion.

Hayabusa was gonna fill a 30,000 seat stadium. Totally. That's the weirdest tribute yet.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
Hayabusa always talked about having one more match so it's not out of the realm of possibility. I don't think it could've been anything more than someone laying down and Hayabusa pinning them though.

KungFu Grip posted:

Has FMW or ECW had more revivals at this point?

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

coconono posted:

Hayabusa was gonna fill a 30,000 seat stadium. Totally. That's the weirdest tribute yet.

Not Kawasaki Stadium, it was renovated and downsized to ~4,000 seats total in 2002 or 03 according to Wikipedia. There's another 20,000+ seat stadium in Kawasaki if they were set on that, but yeah, doubtful FMW is pulling anywhere close to that in 2016.

Asteroid Alert
Oct 24, 2012

BINGO!

harperdc posted:

Not Kawasaki Stadium, it was renovated and downsized to ~4,000 seats total in 2002 or 03 according to Wikipedia. There's another 20,000+ seat stadium in Kawasaki if they were set on that, but yeah, doubtful FMW is pulling anywhere close to that in 2016.

I guess the plan was to run the parking lot area where the original FMW ran their 2001 Kawasaki show and the succeeding WEW/Fuyuki Army had shows.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Jake Soo posted:

I guess the plan was to run the parking lot area where the original FMW ran their 2001 Kawasaki show and the succeeding WEW/Fuyuki Army had shows.

was that the same parking lot BJW decided to have Zandig wrestle in a burning ring? If you haven't seen the match, its an impressive feat of stupidity.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger

coconono posted:

was that the same parking lot BJW decided to have Zandig wrestle in a burning ring? If you haven't seen the match, its an impressive feat of stupidity.
Trying to burn Zandig to death seems pretty smart to me OP

Asteroid Alert
Oct 24, 2012

BINGO!

coconono posted:

Ah, no. That was a smaller area next to the Akihabara station. If I understand correctly, that space is currently occupied by the Yodobashi Camera Megastore.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

coconono posted:

This?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJ7h-eoEAhA

Because man, there's a lot of stupid in that video.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

Is there a comprehensive list of stupid Big Japan deathmatch stipulations somewhere? I seem to remember there being a match featuring Mitsuhiro Matsunaga running away from a slightly bemused alligator.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Doc Morbid posted:

Is there a comprehensive list of stupid Big Japan deathmatch stipulations somewhere? I seem to remember there being a match featuring Mitsuhiro Matsunaga running away from a slightly bemused alligator.

I guess they figured out how to STOP MATSUNAGA.

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007
Son Of Northern Frostbitten Wintermoon

Other wildlife Matsunaga has tangled with: piranhas, scorpions, and I want to say tarantulas?

The man made dumb deathmatch gimmicks into an Olympic sport, bless his soul.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
Abdullah the Kobayashi fought an octopus once too.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Doc Morbid posted:

There's a comp out there called History of BJW that has a ton of their early stuff. Complete with a pro-USA heel Jun Kasai(with tail!)

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I love the "all or nothing" aspect to gimmick matches in Japan. Like its unheard of for there to be a triple threat match or a ladder match, but an exploding land mine barbed wire rope death match isn't out of the question.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

NienNunb posted:

I love the "all or nothing" aspect to gimmick matches in Japan. Like its unheard of for there to be a triple threat match or a ladder match, but an exploding land mine barbed wire rope death match isn't out of the question.

The exploding poo poo is all Jerry Lawler's fault. Onita saw him throw a fireball and decided it wasn't impressive enough.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
Super Sasadango Machine of DDT has a gimmick where he does Powerpoint presentations before matches. He's facing Kendo Kashin (of NJPW and Gracie-killing fame) in a match where the laptop he uses for Powerpoint is placed in a tiny barbed wire structure that will explode after 5 minutes if he can't reach it in time.

DDT: #1 and the best.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Ditch posted:

Super Sasadango Machine of DDT has a gimmick where he does Powerpoint presentations before matches. He's facing Kendo Kashin (of NJPW and Gracie-killing fame) in a match where the laptop he uses for Powerpoint is placed in a tiny barbed wire structure that will explode after 5 minutes if he can't reach it in time.

DDT: #1 and the best.

Please tell me this was taped

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
It's on tomorrow's Sumo Hall anniversary show.

Check out Dramatic DDT for a lengthy preview. MiSu! Ibushi's back! Dino vs 'Bono! World's Cutest Tag Team continue their rampage! It's gonna be rad.

quote:

DDT “JUDGEMENT 2016 ~DDT 19th ANNIVERSARY~”, 21/03/2016
Tokyo Ryogoku Kokugikan

0. King Of Dark Title: Seiya Morohashi (c) & Hoshitango Vs DJ Nira & Dai Suzuki
0. Tokyo Joshi Pro Offer Battle Royal: Miyu Yamashita Vs Syoko Nakajima Vs Yuka Sakazaki Vs Nonoko Vs Rika Tatsumi Vs Hyper Misao Vs Azusa Takigawa Vs Yuu Vs Nodoka-onesan Vs Marika Kobashi Vs Ai Shimizu Vs Poison Miura Vs KANNA
0. DNA Offer Match – Mao Inoue Comeback: Shunma Katsumata, Guanchulo & Mao Inoue Vs Kouki Iwasaki, Rainbow Kawamura & Nobuhiro Shimatani
0. Pro Wrestling BASARA Offer Match: Takumi Tsukamoto, Daichi Kazato & Ryu Gouma Vs FUMA, Yusuke Kubo & SAGAT
1. Ryogoku First Appearance! Next KO-D Openweight Title Challenger Decision And Right To Challenge Anytime, Anywhere Battle Royal: Toru Owashi Vs Kazuki Hirata Vs Masa Takanshi Vs Soma Takao Vs Tomomitsu Matsunaga Vs Kazusada Higuchi Vs Gorgeous Matsuno Vs Cherry Vs Ryuichi Sekine Vs Ryota Nakatsu Vs Yoshihiko Vs Ken Ohka
2. 3 Way Tag Match: Joey Ryan & Candice LeRae Vs Keisuke Ishii & Shigehiro Irie Vs Akito & Yasu Urano
3. Iron Man Heavymetalweight Title – Special 6-Man Tag Team Match: Saki Akai, Makoto Oishi & Lady Beard Vs LiLiCo (c), Kota Umeda & Mizuki Watase
4. Special Tag Match: Antonio Honda & Hiroshi Fukuda Vs Tatsumi Fujinami & LEONA
5. DDT Extreme Title – Ultimate Royal Barbed Wire PowerPoint No Power Blast PWF Rules: Kendo Kashin (c) Vs Super Sasadango Machine
6. Kota Ibushi Comeback & Ibushi Wrestling Institute 1st Leg – East & West Toward The Front Over The Entire Surface Falls Count Anywhere Weapon Treasure Hunt Match: Sanshiro Takagi & Jun Kasai Vs KENSO & Michael Nakazawa Vs Kota Ibushi & Gota Ihashi
7. Dramatic Dream Match: Yukio Sakaguchi Vs Minoru Suzuki
8. Dramatic Dream Match: Danshoku Dino Vs Akebono
9. KO-D Tag Team Titles – Uchicomi! Presents: Konosuke Takeshita & Tetsuya Endo (c) Vs Daisuke Sasaki & Shuji Ishikawa
10. KO-D Openweight Title – Good Com Asset Presents: Isami Kodaka (c) Vs HARASHIMA

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
my main man ken ohka is going to overcome the odds this time

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

quote:

East & West Toward The Front Over The Entire Surface Falls Count Anywhere Weapon Treasure Hunt Match

I think I have found my new favorite match name.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

DDT sounds like the greatest thing ever. Is it worth getting into?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
DDT feels like the platonic ideal of what Vince Russo would like wrestling to be. Utterly off the wall, but still capable of being super entertaining, and the occasional really good match.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?

NienNunb posted:

DDT sounds like the greatest thing ever. Is it worth getting into?
YES

The big Sumo Hall shows usually get online pretty quick, just check this one out and see if it's for you. Despite all the craziness this is a very well-run and booked company that puts a ton of emphasis on creating and maintaining a good relationship with their fans. They're also good at pushing young guys and giving everyone on the card something to do.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
DDT has a lot of hilarious content but also has serious awesome wrestling at the top of the card. If nothing else, pay attention to HARASHIMA. He had a fantastic series with Kota Ibushi over the belt last year.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
HARISHIMA, Kudo, Kota Ibushi, Kenny Omega, and Daisuke Sekimoto have all had some amazing matches in DDT. There was also a really great Antonio Honda vs Dick Togo match nobody expected because Honda is always a comedy wrestler, and every now and then Masa Takanashi who is basically Zack Ryder levels will have an amazing, serious match too.

DDT also has the "Anywhere" style matches. Imagine back the era of the WWF Hardcore title, but the matches are between half an hour and an hour long and they'll fight through entire campgrounds, amusement parks, apartments, malls, and construction sites.

There's also this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRHEvE4CW38

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

What are you looking for?

RealFoxy posted:

HARISHIMA, Kudo, Kota Ibushi, Kenny Omega, and Daisuke Sekimoto have all had some amazing matches in DDT. There was also a really great Antonio Honda vs Dick Togo match nobody expected because Honda is always a comedy wrestler, and every now and then Masa Takanashi who is basically Zack Ryder levels will have an amazing, serious match too.

DDT also has the "Anywhere" style matches. Imagine back the era of the WWF Hardcore title, but the matches are between half an hour and an hour long and they'll fight through entire campgrounds, amusement parks, apartments, malls, and construction sites.

There's also this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRHEvE4CW38

Was DDT the company that held a "King of Chop" tournament?

Fake Edit: Quick Google search shows me it was Dragon Gate.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Is their parody of The Wrestler with (I think?) Ohka as Randy The Ram still online somewhere? I can't remember which Dramatic Fantasia episode it was on.

Also if we're talking DDT wrestlers that don't do the hardcore or comedy stuff, Endo and Takeshita are good talents in their early 20s and, since DDT knows how to push young guys, are currently on their second tag title run. Expecting great things from them in the future.

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.
Isami Kodaka's current title reign has owned. Here's him vs Masa Takanashi from February.

http://rutube.ru/video/18854df88104...705a6bd4af076a/

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

Dick Togo's DDT title run from late 2010-early 2011 is loving awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Illinois Smith posted:

It's on tomorrow's Sumo Hall anniversary show.

Check out Dramatic DDT for a lengthy preview. MiSu! Ibushi's back! Dino vs 'Bono! World's Cutest Tag Team continue their rampage! It's gonna be rad.

This is actually being streamed live at http://taima.tv/r/puroresuondemand . I had never heard about that channel until someone on twitter informed me, but they apparently stream a bunch of stuff from Samurai.tv and GAORA that aren't legally available in the west.

I think it's a dick move to pirate stuff on NJPW World unless you're truly broke, but there's no reason why anyone outside of Japan should feel the slightest bit of guilt on this one. I'd buy it if it was on NIco.

7 AM EDT/11 AM GMT, so I don't even have to wake up that crazy early. Being off Mondays is nice.