Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Kanos posted:

A smashed console is significantly less immediately lethal than a smashed skull or shards of faceplate embedded in your eye sockets.

That said, the EA forehead bricks have no excuse for being so pointy. The rounder, smoother ZAFT helmet designs are much more sensible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Darth Walrus posted:

That said, the EA forehead bricks have no excuse for being so pointy. The rounder, smoother ZAFT helmet designs are much more sensible.

given how bloodthirsty EA soliders were, I'm sure the helmets were designed for stabbing enemy soldiers via headbutt.

Monaghan fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Mar 1, 2016

Caros
May 14, 2008

Monaghan posted:

given how bloodthirsty EA soliders were, I'm sure the helmets were designed for stabbing enemy soldiers via headbutt.

Truly the most dangerous of blue cosmos superweapons.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Monaghan posted:

Blue Cosmos and/or LOGOS would definitely be crazy enough to build a switchblade into a pilot's helmet for no real reason.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

AradoBalanga posted:

Blue Cosmos and/or LOGOS would definitely be crazy enough to build a switchblade into a pilot's helmet for no real reason.

Are you implying that a chance to kill more Coordinators, however small, is not adequate reason?

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

Festival with your real* little sister!

Darth Walrus posted:

Are you implying that a chance to kill more Coordinators, however small, is not adequate reason?

Gotta preserve that blue and pure earth somehow.

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

A free custom title is a free custom title

Lipstick Apathy
http://gundamguy.blogspot.it/2016/03/mobile-suit-gundam-gaiden-blue-destiny.html

Are they redoing a manga for Blue Destiny? I really liked Blue Destiny and I have that one manga book that came out ages ago but is this a new thing?

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Revitalized posted:

http://gundamguy.blogspot.it/2016/03/mobile-suit-gundam-gaiden-blue-destiny.html

Are they redoing a manga for Blue Destiny? I really liked Blue Destiny and I have that one manga book that came out ages ago but is this a new thing?
Kind of sounds more like a re-release rather than a remake. Then again, a few pictures with no words accompanying the blog post doesn't help much.

bij
Feb 24, 2007

Does anyone know what this image is from and what the MS in the front is? That's a nifty mono-eye.

Wales Grey
Jun 20, 2012

Potential BFF posted:

Does anyone know what this image is from and what the MS in the front is? That's a nifty mono-eye.

RIS makes me think the top one is probably a Zaku Mariner based on the mono-eye, shoulders, and the rope weapon. The bottom one looks like some sort of freakish Rick Dias/Dom hybrid, and the middle one looks like a Zaku with a supercharger and a dual antenna. Probably Mobile Suit Gundam ZZ.

e:The middle one looks like a Desert Zaku, what with the double fin and the shoulder shield. Maybe the bottom one is a Dwadge Reformation? It's the only ZZ suit that looks close enough with the cross-eye and the shoulder boosters.

Wales Grey fucked around with this message at 11:26 on Mar 7, 2016

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

AradoBalanga posted:

Kind of sounds more like a re-release rather than a remake. Then again, a few pictures with no words accompanying the blog post doesn't help much.

Looking it up, yeah, it looks like a re-release.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

Looking it up, yeah, it looks like a re-release.

Is there some other Blue Destiny thing going on? Seems odd to do a rerelease of the manga just out of the blue (heh)

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Droyer posted:

Is there some other Blue Destiny thing going on? Seems odd to do a rerelease of the manga just out of the blue (heh)

maybe a RG Blue Destiny Unit 1?

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
I know that designer Naoki guy did some Blue Destiny redesigns too, I'm not sure whether it's just to hype up the manga or whatever

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Droyer posted:

Not that I know of, but maybe they're prepping for something.

Honestly, I'm surprised we never got a Blue Destiny anime. I wonder if maybe they'll do a Thunderbolt thing with it after.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

Not that I know of, but maybe they're prepping for something.

Honestly, I'm surprised we never got a Blue Destiny anime. I wonder if maybe they'll do a Thunderbolt thing with it after.

Have any gundam video games gotten an anime?

edit: age doesn't count

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Droyer posted:

Have any gundam video games gotten an anime?

Nope, not beyond the animations in the game itself. Blue Destiny is the only one I'd think has a real shot and only because it's got multi-media adaptations and is generally kinda popular. Even then that's more of a "maybe sometime theoretically" then "I bet they're doing it right now" thing.

Droyer posted:

edit: age doesn't count

Don't we all wish.

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Mar 7, 2016

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Droyer posted:

age doesn't count

new thread title

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Nothing should be adapted before Glory of the Defeated Losers.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Zedd posted:

Nothing should be adapted before Glory of the Defeated Losers.

That's a funny way to spell Frozen Teardrop.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:

boom boom boom posted:

maybe a RG Blue Destiny Unit 1?

RG is turning out to be more depressing than PG at this point. It's a gallery of superstar gundams with the merciful inclusion of the Z'Gok.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

ImpAtom posted:

One can only hope any animated adaptations would make it even stupider somehow.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

From a business perspective, is frozen teardrop popular enough to warrant an anime?

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

ImpAtom posted:

Yup, especially cause I meant that. :v:

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

Ka0 posted:

RG is turning out to be more depressing than PG at this point. It's a gallery of superstar gundams with the merciful inclusion of the Z'Gok.

I dunno why you would've expected otherwise, they make much money with an RG of a super popular Gundam than they do making, say, a Leo. Not a fan of the Quanta being the newest one though, it's kind of a boring design.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

ninjewtsu posted:

From a business perspective, is frozen teardrop popular enough to warrant an anime?

Wing is basically the Gundam series that everyone in the West knows, and is reasonably popular in Japan, from what I gather (hence FT existing to begin with). If they're planning to do a Western push again, FT would be a no-brainer, but otherwise, I'm not really sure.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
With high expectations, fans eagerly await the release of a Frozen Teardrop animation. However, Bandai decides to support more popular series in the name of profits and money.

The year is Current Era Two Zero One Six.

bij
Feb 24, 2007

Wales Grey posted:

RIS makes me think the top one is probably a Zaku Mariner based on the mono-eye, shoulders, and the rope weapon. The bottom one looks like some sort of freakish Rick Dias/Dom hybrid, and the middle one looks like a Zaku with a supercharger and a dual antenna. Probably Mobile Suit Gundam ZZ.

e:The middle one looks like a Desert Zaku, what with the double fin and the shoulder shield. Maybe the bottom one is a Dwadge Reformation? It's the only ZZ suit that looks close enough with the cross-eye and the shoulder boosters.

The picture popped up in the Zaku Mariner GundamWiki entry that I was lazily clicking through. Thank you though, the one up front does look sort of like a Dwadge Reformation even if the official art/appearance are kind of disappointing. I always liked the Zeon OYW and 0083 style of suits, especially the fancier than average but still grunt stuff like the Rick Dom II and Gelgoog Marine.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Seriously, if they're really going for a new push in the West with IBO getting dubbed and Gunpla showing up in normal-people stores and whatnot, there's no way they won't animate FT at some point. More Wing, even as bonkers as FT is, is pretty much an instant-win button for making Gundam popular here again.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

LORD OF BUTT posted:

Seriously, if they're really going for a new push in the West with IBO getting dubbed and Gunpla showing up in normal-people stores and whatnot, there's no way they won't animate FT at some point. More Wing, even as bonkers as FT is, is pretty much an instant-win button for making Gundam popular here again.

There's a pretty huge difference between doing a dub and making a whole new series. A dub is a much, much, much smaller investment.

Plus, they tried making a Gundam series for America, remember? It uh, didn't do super great

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Gundam Wing is probably the Gundam with the most nostalgia in the US but I'm not sure how well that would translate to new popularity. Anyone with nostalgia for Gundam Wing is probably in their mid 20s to 30s and while that's a reliable market it isn't the same as the "all the kids were watching it" popularity-splosion that Wing had. It would depend on if Wing can attract a new younger audience which is kind of a coin flip and would depend a lot on marketing + some luck. Who knows what kids these days like with their minecrafts and their hoola-hoops.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

As someone who genuinely likes Wing, I'm torn on FT. On the one hand, it's really stupid. On the other hand, it's so stupid that I'm amazed.

About the only thing from it I legitimately like is Heero and Relena getting married because that at least makes sense.

I wouldn't mind a Glory of thee Losers anime, though. Maybe finally animate the Episode Zero stuff, too. But thatwon'tever happen unless FT does happen and is a super mega success.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Oh my god i just realized they changed to Mars Century in Frozen Teardrop just so it wouldn't contradict Endless Waltz's ending. That's hilarious.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

LORD OF BUTT posted:

I'm surprised a Build Fighters dub isn't on the table as well if they're really going to push Gunpla in the west.

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

So last night my drunken roommate decided he was tired of people who didn't understand Camille's character on another message board. He proceeded to write a small novel.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
That is a pretty entertaining Drunk Post. Nobody really wants to think about what Kamille is thinking the man is too real!

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

TheManSeries posted:

So last night my drunken roommate decided he was tired of people who didn't understand Camille's character on another message board. He proceeded to write a small novel.

Pretty sure Kamille does get to see Bright in the first episode before he goes off on Jerid. And that it's Kamille, not Camille. Which is a definitively feminine spelling.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

tsob posted:

Pretty sure Kamille does get to see Bright in the first episode before he goes off on Jerid. And that it's Kamille, not Camille. Which is a definitively feminine spelling.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

tsob posted:

not Camille. Which is a definitively feminine spelling.

If you're going that way, "Kamille" isn't a real name, and Camille is unisex. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

Festival with your real* little sister!
Don't talk to me about real names in Gundam.