Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

What is Age of Ultron's suit of armor around the world but a big, beautiful wall?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

Number 6 holds The Village record in Duck Hunt.

The first one to kill :laugh: wins.
Is Stark going to make the MCU great again?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

I have no idea where this came from but I love the Cavill bit

https://twitter.com/dceufacts/status/708085828984016896

:haw:

If this is accurate it's the best loving thing you've ever posted, but since you posted it, I'm going to assume it's not true.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

I have no idea where this came from but I love the Cavill bit

https://twitter.com/dceufacts/status/708085828984016896

:haw:

It came from this LATimes interview http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/herocomplex/la-ca-hc-batman-v-superman-20160313-story.html

It's a really good interview. I like this choice bit, because Nolan is totally right:

Zack Snyder posted:

It's interesting. When I had my initial meeting with Chris Nolan about doing "Man of Steel," he said to me, "'Watchmen' is a movie you made too early." Because that movie was written deep into comic-book culture, as a way of exploring the why of heroes within pop culture. "Deadpool" shows that audiences have now gotten to the point where they can understand the satire of the genre. Before that, audiences were like, "I'm not ready for that. I'm not there yet."

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010
To go back to Civil War a moment, since pretty much everything that's happened has been Stark's fault, him suddenly deciding to get behind registration (or the equivalent) is him going "Okay, I admit it, I'm an alcoholic. Starting monday, nobody is allowed to drink."

Kal-L
Jan 18, 2005

Heh... Spider-man... Web searches... That's funny. I should've trademarked that one. Could've made a mint.

Snowman_McK posted:

To go back to Civil War a moment, since pretty much everything that's happened has been Stark's fault, him suddenly deciding to get behind registration (or the equivalent) is him going "Okay, I admit it, I'm an alcoholic. Starting monday, nobody is allowed to drink."

But if that happens, only criminals will have delicious, delicious alcohol!:beerpal:

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

berserker posted:

Not so sure about Stark's motivation but at the very least I kind of understand where Thunderbolt Ross is coming from when he says "the people are frightened". Considering not that many people actually died in the grand scheme of things, I think Ross is essentially saying that something needs to be done because the people want something to be done, even if they're somewhat wrong about their reasoning and are letting emotions sway their judgement.

Thunderbolt Ross only cares because those loving Avengers are palling around with the goddamn Hulk. He's a menace, drat it. He must be hunted down where ever he is and the Registration act not only helps track him but puts superhumans at Ross' command.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

:allears:

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

I actually kind of like how Spider-man is a bit wonky on the landing. Also that suit looks better when you can actually see the details and it's not What If Spider-man Was In Color.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Deadpool making fun of Spider-Man for doing something that looks derivative strikes me as a little wrong.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

I kind of wish we'd been able to get the scene from the Deadpool script where he makes his first mask by turning a Spider-man mask inside out.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

TetsuoTW posted:

I kind of wish we'd been able to get the scene from the Deadpool script where he makes his first mask by turning a Spider-man mask inside out.

Same here. I loved that bit.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

wyoming posted:

Spider-man suit looks about as good as Green Lantern's did.

Honestly it looks worse. It really looks like garbage. How did that get approved at all?

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

Ramadu posted:

Honestly it looks worse. It really looks like garbage. How did that get approved at all?

Genuine question, what don't you like? Too busy? Wrong colouring?

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.
He looks like this:

Shiny and flat, full of helium.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
I wouldn't say full of helium but it really does look like it's just a solid thing of spandex someone pulled on. It seems almost out of place with how bright it is.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
I see it as he looks smooth and comicbook like, he looks muscley and padded. :shrug:

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
It's either bad CGI work or just the worst shot thing in existence, because the actual high depth shot shows the suit to be textured, not that bright, and fairly well fitting.

Electromax
May 6, 2007

Boogaleeboo posted:

the worst shot thing in existence

It's obviously this one.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
It's the closest thing I've ever seen to a live action version of the old Ralph Bakshi cartoons and that's awesome.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I think the suit design itself is great but the cg comes off as a little plastic with the lighting.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Phylodox posted:

It's the closest thing I've ever seen to a live action version of the old Ralph Bakshi cartoons and that's awesome.

Hehe, if you pause the video when he's flipping around he's even got the fat spider on his back

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep

net cafe scandal posted:

I noticed his tie was red in one scene - The Republican color. Can't have been a coincidence.

His armor has also been red for decades? It's kind of his color now. :lol:

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

HIJK posted:

His armor has also been red for decades? It's kind of his color now. :lol:

Seems like where there's smoke; there's fire.

Boob Marley
Nov 1, 2011

Flesh for Fantasy

Mean Bean Machine posted:

so the best comic book movies ever created that also made billions of dollars are DC movies? you sure owned them

I think you're still missing the joy in all of this.

DC made the three best drat comic movies of all time. Then they made Man of Steel. They had the opportunity to scrap their official cinematic universe right then and there, but they didn't! They have moronically stuck with it, even though they know they can do better!
I like DC comics and I want to see awesome DC comic movies... but they are absolutely running their own poo poo into the ground.

As much as I delight in seeing good movies, I'm also capable of enjoying the spectacle of ruination. And that's what we're getting right now from DC. The great place from whence the Nolanverse manifested is now imploding. And it is neat.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Dan Didio posted:

Seems like where there's smoke; there's fire.

Indeed.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Boob Marley posted:

DC made the three best drat comic movies of all time. Then they made Man of Steel. They had the opportunity to scrap their official cinematic universe right then and there, but they didn't! They have moronically stuck with it, even though they know they can do better!

what's moronic about basing their cinematic universe off of a movie that was a financial success?

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

"The instrument you know as a piano was once called a pianoforte, because it can play both loud and quiet notes."

Brother Entropy posted:

what's moronic about basing their cinematic universe off of a movie that was a financial success?

because their NINCOMPOOPS!!

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

:lol:

Running their poo poo into the ground?

Man of Steel is a huge success and is goddamn amazing. They wouldn't be moving forward if that movie was seen as a disaster.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Man of Steel made tons of money and had a high cinema score from people who saw it and was well reviewed. Your just a dumb poo poo nerd who can't handle a comic book movie with pathos.

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
Man of Steel was very polarizing but it's interesting to see if people will actually come back to see BvS since the latter is directly addressing some complaints of MoS.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Skwirl posted:

If we took Iron Man's boast about "privatizing world peace" as accurate in Iron Man 2, The Avengers are significantly less costly and more humane than real world America's interventionist strategies.

Away all Goats posted:

All 74 people must have been in this building when the space whale flies through it causing it to collapse.

Or maybe it was one of those empty buildings in Manhattan.

Maybe it's like the end of level score screen in the classic Neo Geo game King of the Monsters where the two to three digit number is an abbreviation of how many thousands of casualties.

Neo Rasa fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Mar 11, 2016

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

computer parts posted:

Man of Steel was very polarizing but it's interesting to see if people will actually come back to see BvS since the latter is directly addressing some complaints of MoS.

People love Batman.

Boob Marley
Nov 1, 2011

Flesh for Fantasy

Gyges posted:

My only question is why do you have Rotten in green and Good in red? This is running counter to everything I learned in childhood games and in driving. I'm just rolling with Certified Fresh being gold instead of yellow. If you're going to quantify feelings please do so with proper color schemes.

A rotten tomato is cartoonishly green and nasty. A fresh tomato is red. A CERTIFIED FRESH tomato is solid gold.

Brother Entropy posted:

It's moronic because time will make fools of the DC Cinematic Universe, not unlike Michael Bay's incredibly financially successful TMNT.
And as someone who enjoys DC, and knows that they can do better, I'm not exactly enthused about that.

If $$$ is the only thing DC is interested in, then they should by all means make creative decisions based on financial analyses to the exclusion of all else.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Boob Marley posted:

It's moronic because time will make fools of the DC Cinematic Universe, not unlike Michael Bay's TMNT.
And as someone who enjoys DC, and knows that they can do better, I'm not exactly enthused about that.

micheal bay is actually a pretty great example of what i'm getting at; internet nerds and critics keep talking about how poo poo his transformers movies are and yet they keep getting made because movie studios aren't gonna care about that unless it starts affecting their earnings

MoS was a success in their eyes so there's no reason for them not to use it as a starting point for their movie line

Boob Marley
Nov 1, 2011

Flesh for Fantasy

Brother Entropy posted:

micheal bay is actually a pretty great example of what i'm getting at; internet nerds and critics keep talking about how poo poo his transformers movies are and yet they keep getting made because movie studios aren't gonna care about that unless it starts affecting their earnings

MoS was a success in their eyes so there's no reason for them not to use it as a starting point for their movie line

I do not disagree with anything you have said here.

Smart from a financial stand-point, yes.
But awful from a creative, artistic stand-point. And therein lies spectacle of ruination that I'm fapping to right now.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Man of Steel has more art and creativity than the entire MCU.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
I'm still not exactly sure what your issues with the movie are, from a quality standpoint. Is it just that the Tomatometer is too low?

• Locked thread