Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

Possibly Chicken posted:

Chase had probably never thought for himself once in his life.

quote:

At 20...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

VikingSkull posted:

whatever distaste I had in my mouth for hearing celebrities talk about politics, it's more than made up for by watching morons twist in the wind about it

Wow, guy who bitches about "those loving liberals" supports trump, shocker.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Peanut President posted:

Wow, guy who bitches about "those loving liberals" supports trump, shocker.

I wouldn't care if he endorsed Hillary tbh

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I am calm.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
When is the start time for the SRA Xfinity debut? I am hoping late since it is out west some-wheres. I still am working Saturdays.

LASTCAR
Mar 25, 2010

I like the drivers
you never hear about
in the cars
you never see
who finish in the position
you never want

I came up with a new name for the Buschwhackers.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

MLB teams use AAA all the time to fine tune or rehabilitate MLB level players. They even use it as a substitute for spring training, if a player is injured and can't participate in it.

A/AA is where they slot players if they want to give them a chance to shine. AAA is just for polish and keeping people ready to be called up to the roster in case of injury.

The only reason that players aren't more freely exchanged between the major and minor leagues more freely is the CBA limiting it, not for any sort of identity preservation.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
anyone wanna name for me the minor league system that's national in scope

oh that's right, the minor leagues are regional series

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
"boy howdy, I sure do hate when France compares NASCAR to football"

"I hate Buschwhackers, allow me to compare them to baseball"

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
and for the triple combo, someone explain to me exactly who would be in those cars and wouldn't dominate?

no one ever says "ban Cup teams" just ban the drivers..... well Chase Elliot woulda moonwalked on everyone in the same car had the Cup guys been gone so what's the difference?

LASTCAR
Mar 25, 2010

I like the drivers
you never hear about
in the cars
you never see
you never want

VikingSkull posted:

no one ever says "ban Cup teams" just ban the drivers..... well Chase Elliot woulda moonwalked on everyone in the same car had the Cup guys been gone so what's the difference?

That's enough of a difference for me. Chase would've dominated, then ended up in Cup, and someone else leads instead.

I'm not against domination. I'm against Cup regular domination.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
It's still a guy leading flag to flag and you're stuck with the same issue.

e- to be fair it was kinda fun back in the day when a guy like David Green runs all over in Busch then gets his poo poo pushed in at the Cup level because he just wasn't that good, we need that again especially with the kind of investments teams make now

Seizure Meat fucked around with this message at 14:40 on Mar 11, 2016

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

VikingSkull posted:

and for the triple combo, someone explain to me exactly who would be in those cars and wouldn't dominate?

Elliott Sadler has driven for most of the major Buschwacking teams (RCR, JGR, Roush, HMS dba JRM) and has very little to show for it.

e- ^Except Penske^. To be fair, 2016/JRM's a small sample size so far and, thinking about it, getting one win a year at that level isn't awful these days. He was competitive with RCR and got a win with JGR, but not dominant.

VikingSkull posted:

e- to be fair it was kinda fun back in the day when a guy like David Green runs all over in Busch then gets his poo poo pushed in at the Cup level because he just wasn't that good, we need that again especially with the kind of investments teams make now

It really was interesting to see who got to Cup and made it without "having had to prove himself against Cup drivers in NXS, which makes it so great!". Jeff Gordon (Bill Davis), Matt Kenseth (independent team), Smoke, Kevin Harvick, Greg Biffle, Kyle Busch all turned out alright. Steve Park (DEI), Brian Vickers (HMS), Elliott Sadler (Diamond Ridge; in spite of the above), Martin Truex, Jr. (JRM), etc. didn't have/haven't had the flashiest Cup careers but were/are competitive at times/now.

I remember watching Kenseth punt Smoke at Rockingham in '98 to get a win in a blank Monte Carlo with a generic firesuit and thinking "Well, that's cool, but is he going to go anywhere without sponsorship?".

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Mar 11, 2016

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
it's almost as if Elliot Sadler isn't good

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

VikingSkull posted:

Please don't sign your posts.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
Also please stop having a meltdown, it's not good for your heart.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
presented without comment

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

CBJSprague24 posted:

[timg]
I remember watching Kenseth punt Smoke at Rockingham in '98 to get a win in a blank Monte Carlo with a generic firesuit and thinking "Well, that's cool, but is he going to go anywhere without sponsorship?".

He actually had a little unpaid Lycos decal on the back to thank them for sponsoring an earlier race.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

VikingSkull posted:

Short of Kurt Busch suffering a career-ending case of rear end in a top hat, you're not going to GET "good" ex-Cup drivers in NXS full-time. It's trending toward the way it was when I started watching: Cup washouts who were mediocre to decent at best (LaJoie, Todd Bodine then, Sadler, Vickers, Smith, Allgaier in more recent years (though Allgaier's really a placeholder this year)) and up-and-coming drivers (Park, Jr, Kenseth then, Suarez, Jones now). And I'm fine with that. Give me three different sets of drivers to watch each week. Don't ban Cup drivers completely, but limit how much they can do.

It'd be slightly more fun if the best of those drivers, even if they ran away with the title, didn't do it getting two wins a year at non-companion races and 4th place finishing their way the rest of the time to a championship because 1-2-3 are Busch-Logano-Harvick.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
historically we're at a low point of Cup driver involvement, that's why I don't get people raging about it

no one ever did until Kyle started winning everything, so something tells me that's the actual issue

HFX
Nov 29, 2004

Seeing those Hoosier tires makes me wish each team got to run whatever tire manufacturer they wanted.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Rumors are starting to pop up that Harvick is going to Hendrick Motorsports next season. He denies them, which means it's probably going to happen, isn't it?

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

CBJSprague24 posted:

Rumors are starting to pop up that Harvick is going to Hendrick Motorsports next season. He denies them, which means it's probably going to happen, isn't it?

Larson in the 4 is gonna be terrifying

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

VikingSkull posted:

Larson in the 4 is gonna be terrifying

God drat, I didn't even start to think about who his replacement might be. Smoke might get his boy after all. :aaaaa:

Here's the most detailed story I've seen about it: http://www.motorsport.com/nascar-cup/news/harvick-asserts-commitment-to-shr-despite-hendrick-rumors-678830/

quote:

On Friday, when Motorsport.com asked if we would see Harvick in a Ford next season, he didn’t offer a black and white ‘yes’ or ‘no’. However, he did explain why it would be in his best interest to stay with an organization that supported Harvick to his first Cup title.

“I don’t see any reason why that wouldn’t happen,” Harvick said of maintaining the status quo. “For me I’m in the best position that I’ve been in with my team. I feel like I have the best crew chief in the garage.

“It would be pretty tough to turn around and walk out on everybody who has been a part of building everything that we have built so far.”

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

2018 Indianapolis 500 Winner

CBJSprague24 posted:

Kahne is signed through 2018 so unless an agreement comes from that or Harvick does a Kahne/Bowyer of going to another team for a year then going to Hendrick then possibly.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Owns

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

It bothers me so much that they're using the Wood Brothers number. Why are they doing that.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

Because it's a cool rear end font.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

kidcoelacanth posted:

It bothers me so much that they're using the Wood Brothers number. Why are they doing that.

Because just like in black jack it pays 1.5 times.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

kidcoelacanth posted:

They're also using the old Turner-Scott font for their other teams.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

Spengler golophger is about to race in a car guys!

LASTCAR
Mar 25, 2010

I like the drivers
you never hear about
in the cars
you never see
you never want

Go Sphincter Gurgler! :getin:

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Watching on my smart phone thanks menards for paying for this.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

I'm keeping track of the running order on the NASCAR app. This is the same app which says Jeff Gordon is currently third in Cup points. Shows how much I've been paying attention.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
Kyle win #157 :boom:

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

Not allowed to have nice things

VikingSkull posted:

Kyle win #157 :boom:

Who cares?

Grats SRA on starting and finishing your first Kyle Busch League race.

Maybe make a rookie mistake next time when getting lapped.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Jimmiebot suffered a catastrophic steering wheel failure during qualifying and crashed:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nascar-from-the-marbles/johnson--steering-wheel--just-came-off-in-my-hands--in-qualifying-190157269.html

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

this better be a recurring theme, like with Dale's shifter last year

Harry J
Nov 8, 2004

LS-WHAT???!!!!????!!!!
Harvick, bitch :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Needs More Ditka
Dec 3, 2005

We are ruthless and ask no quarter from you. When our turn comes we shall not disguise our terrorism.
Kevin Harvick just won a race while playing bumper cars with Carl Edwards

• Locked thread