Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Bunk
Sep 15, 2007

Oh, I just don't know
where to begin.
Fun Shoe

Haha, that last guy's hoodie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

I love how the republican party of Florida has "knee-capped" the chances of Marco Rubio, who otherwise would be sailing to the nomination right now with his 2 primary wins.

I think this Ben Carson thing will be over soon ala Sarah Palin and Chris Christie. Like Palin, he brought Carson out for an extra Florida push and will toss him aside after next week. He knows he doesn't need Carson out there talking about grain silo's dragging him down the rest of the election season. Carson will be involved in a Trump presidency probably, but not as VP and probably in a position that gives him as little face-time with the media as possible.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

quote:

The RNC now stands for no principle and upholds no standard of conduct. It exists merely to win.

You don't say, WaPo. You don't say.

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin

CubsWoo posted:

In the entirely realistic world where Cruz somehow finds a way to win NY, NJ, and all the other New England states left
I think throughout the RCP history of the 2016 race, Ted Cruz has polled in double digits once in NJ and NY. Yeah, never gonna happen.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Peachstapler posted:

20th time this tweet series has been quoted on this page alone but shouldn't she have said "won't make a Clinton victory any less likely"?
She should have, but Jennifer Rubin has always been straight-up delusional, so I have no doubt that she meant what she said.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

The Bunk posted:

Thankfully it does cover the dude's preexisting mental illness. Thanks, Obama

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin

The Bunk posted:

If the character were a Big Dog™ that would've been unreal and I would've bought one.

Xenophon
Jun 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

The Nastier Nate posted:

I love how the republican party of Florida has "knee-capped" the chances of Marco Rubio, who otherwise would be sailing to the nomination right now with his 2 primary wins.

I think this Ben Carson thing will be over soon ala Sarah Palin and Chris Christie. Like Palin, he brought Carson out for an extra Florida push and will toss him aside after next week. He knows he doesn't need Carson out there talking about grain silo's dragging him down the rest of the election season. Carson will be involved in a Trump presidency probably, but not as VP and probably in a position that gives him as little face-time with the media as possible.

*ding* *ding* *ding*

It was also his post-debate media manipulation device in case things went bad last night. He's predictable as gently caress and the media eats it up anyway.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

the best world

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

i want so bad for Friend Ben to get it, but it's gonna go to Kasich and be boring :(

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich
In the Republican primary, you have a candidate who will do anything, say anything, attack anyone to advance his political chances, and then you have the frontrunner candidate Donald Trump.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Chaos Reigns

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
I agree with J Rubes, the GOP does need to be burned to the ground

except then the earth upon which it was grown needs to be irradiated and thoroughly salted

Stagger_Lee
Mar 25, 2009

My Imaginary GF posted:

You don't say, WaPo. You don't say.

I'm pretty sure that's still one more organizing principle than the DNC.

AllanGordon
Jan 26, 2010

by Shine

Montasque posted:

Breitbart: Yeah it prolly wasn't Lewandowski who manhandled our reporter
http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/03/11/trump-presser-ben-terris-misidentified/

that is enough for a libel lawsuit against terris right?

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
https://twitter.com/DLoesch/status/708325294910742529
https://twitter.com/LizMair/status/708326593672839170
https://twitter.com/EWErickson/status/708325306914963457

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin
https://twitter.com/ZekeJMiller/status/708327273477312512

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

https://twitter.com/JohnBerman/status/708327878211940352

Bernice Anders
Feb 26, 2016

by zen death robot

All of this establishment support is sure to help Ted Cruz in this election.

Astroclassicist
Aug 21, 2015

Do they really think this is going to help?

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

AllanGordon posted:

that is enough for a libel lawsuit against terris right?

1) no, because lewandowski is a public figure and they would have to prove "malicious disregard for the truth" against which "it was a confusing situation and I reported what I saw" would be a successful defense
2) it almost certainly was lewandowski and breitbart is rolling over out of cowardice, but since fields is pressing charges we'll find out!

Xenophon
Jun 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

Is Kasich going to say the same to his FL supporters, or...?

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

https://twitter.com/MichaelRWarren/status/708324496139284481

L-Boned
Sep 11, 2001

by FactsAreUseless

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

1) no, because lewandowski is a public figure and they would have to prove "malicious disregard for the truth" against which "it was a confusing situation and I reported what I saw" would be a successful defense
2) it almost certainly was lewandowski and breitbart is rolling over out of cowardice, but since fields is pressing charges we'll find out!

Apparently, you haven't seen the video.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

Xenophon posted:

Is Kasich going to say the same to his FL supporters, or...?

This is amazing. And lol like it would have any effect in Florida.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

what? All I can see is that hair. That hair, man.

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

wahhh the mean man grabbed my arm too hard and i cwied

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
This sounds like collusion to me idk.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Stagger_Lee posted:

I'm pretty sure that's still one more organizing principle than the DNC.

In the Democratic Party, we care more about winning the right way than we do winning.

In the GOP, they care more about winning than anything else.

L-Boned
Sep 11, 2001

by FactsAreUseless

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

I feel like all this does is push more support to Trump. It shows that none of the other campaigns feel they are legitimate.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

What's wrong with that?

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU

L-Boned posted:

I feel like all this does is push more support to Trump. It shows that none of the other campaigns feel they are legitimate.

"Don't vote FOR anything, vote to allow your betters to choose your candidate for you."

saints gambit
Apr 8, 2004
a donut with no holes is a danish
If the footage proves anything it's that Trump is oblivious to the entire thing. This is therefore a non-issue.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Am i supposed to feel bad for her? Because I really can't make myself and I tried really hard.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Good thing they aren't playing fantasy football

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax

Chantilly Say posted:

If your issue is that we don't talk about POC issues enough as a nation then I don't think you'll find a ton of complaints, and if your issue with trans activism is that it minimizes the role transpeople of color have historically played in the LGBT movement then it's certainly a complaint I've heard before, and it would be pretty far out of my sphere to think of it as a bad complaint.

I don't even speak your language. I know black people and white people. I don't know any "POCs".

TwinsensRevenge
Aug 13, 2013

what's more likely for an upset at this point? Illinois or NC?

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

The Deal is Made: Kasich to Ohio, Rubio to Florida, Cruz Out of Both.

quote:

Let’s review shall we.

Jeb Bush has a private meeting with Kasich, Cruz, and Rubio.

Cruz’s campaign, after a lot of bluster about going all in in Florida admits it was all a head fake. They had one event scheduled for today with Sean Hannity in Orlando that was previously scheduled and will be nationally focused, not Florida focused. Then Cruz is bailing on Florida. For the Rubio folks complaining, I’m told the campaign did try to make adjustments, but couldn’t for reasons not in the campaign’s control.

Cruz’s campaign takes down its Florida ads. The Cruz Super PACs follow suit.

Marco Rubio revs up his Florida presence and is nowhere to be found in Illinois, Missouri, and North Carolina.

The Cruz campaign redirects all its resources to those three states, with Cruz rallies, ad buys, GOTV etc.

Now Rubio’s spokesman goes on national television and says Rubio supporters should vote for John Kasich in Ohio.

Kasich is going all in in Ohio and ceding Illinois, Missouri, and North Carolina to Cruz. In fact, Kasich suddenly has no events in Illinois, and only one event in Pennsylvania after the Ohio primary.

In other words, Kasich is now only campaigning in Ohio; Rubio is only campaigning in Florida; and Cruz is avoiding events in Florida and Ohio.

There is clearly a plan to stop Trump.

Now National Review is coming out with an endorsement of Cruz.

E:

https://twitter.com/kronayne/status/708335515532140545

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU

Erickson can't bother hiding his glee that the same establishment he's been railing against for over a decade has now turned its guns on someone he also doesn't personally like

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TROIKA CURES GREEK
Jun 30, 2015

by R. Guyovich

a cop posted:

What's wrong with that?

It's completely pathetic for one

• Locked thread