Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

I wanted to find some more quotes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arthil
Feb 17, 2012

A Beard of Constant Sorrow
That wall of text was so quoted I didn't even hear the accent in my head I usually do when reading your posts.

Ffycchi
Jun 4, 2014

Sigh...challenge accepted...shitty photoshop incoming.

kalstrams posted:

As someone who came to this game with the promise of open world PvP and epic GvG wars and castle sieges I have been greatly mislead as to what this game has to offer. I suffered through the atrocious grind to 50 just to find that my style of game play is extremely hard to even do because of all the terrible development ideas. First off, the fact that you are unable to even flag and engage in player vs player combat until level 45 is probably the most idiotic thing I've come across in any game ever so far. Second after I finally got to 50 I am punished for flagging and engaging in end game PvP in the open world because of this karma system, which I admit is fine to have in game but needs to be adjusted so that you can kill more than 4 people before you become a bandit.

Another issue that needs addressed is the Mounts, yes I understand you can partake in mounted combat but unfortunately unless you're a witch you cant use all of you abilities while mounted which makes combat linear and not as fun in my opinion. Also you need to be able to knock people off of their mounts easier for example if you attack from the front force the horse to buck the player off, this will allow ambush combat in a GvG war to be more relevant because as is if an enemy is mounted and I am not he can simply just run away because there is really a low chance of doing enough damage to the horse to kill or knock him off before he is gone.

So far I think the combat system of the game is great but they have created such a Carebear atmosphere for the PvE players they make it feel as if they dont even want PvPers in their game. It just baffles me that you can create such a detailed game but leave out some of the simplest and most important aspects of an MMO which is Player vs Player combat. I urge you to make changes as soon as possible, and if the people who only wish to PvE are the reason there are so many restrictions on PvP give them a non PvP server to play on.

If you are going to make a sandbox game you need to give the sandbox opportunity to all play styles not just PvErs. There are many more problems and this might not be the most well written stance but I wrote it in a hurry and while I am partially upset because as someone who only PvPs I feel as if I'm being punished because I want skill based combat where you fight other players rather than afk fishing all day.

Please make some changes quick and if the Carebears dont like the PvP aspects give them a sever, if not that trust me the game will be better off with out them.

Most of the game is based more off of guild wars and sieges.

OWpvp for flaggers, is based that way simply because of the sheer difference in 3 levels, you cant HIT people more than that higher, and tehre is no miss notification. I can perma tank some level 50's right now just due to gear, just stand there and let them beat on me.

The karma system isnt nearly as bad as i suspected due to the fact that only the last hit really gets the karma loss, so if you run gank groups, you can trade off who gets the last hit, if you solo(being that the game is based around squad sized combat, and large group organization), expect to be a red player reasonably fast.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

You were right, Drythe, this is too easy.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
Re warrior animation cancelation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R179Zu_9vNM

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist
so I've been basically unable to play the game at all since 6pm, since their servers now decide to boot me anywhere between 30 secs to 5 mins after I log in. the lag has just escalated to outright kicking me out
hoping this maintenance fixes it, it since its a seemingly common issue

btw, cancelclass prime is ranger. five part series from a guy who doesn't understand volume

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEeCeP9Olbc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gB5NNzunUCw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQcomFJhqoM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilYWchLWDGc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTgezfIqevU

ohsosad
Feb 11, 2012

Why is every game i play unbalanced in the other guys favour?
570mb patch up.

SebastianK
Dec 4, 2011

Congratulations
Yo does anyone have the exact numbers for how quickly energy recharges on non-logged in alts? I've heard both one an hour and one every 30 mins but can't seem to find an actual answer.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

LOL RIP channel chat, nothing of value was lost

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

SebastianK posted:

Yo does anyone have the exact numbers for how quickly energy recharges on non-logged in alts? I've heard both one an hour and one every 30 mins but can't seem to find an actual answer.
Each offline character restores 2 energy per hour, in hourly increments, I believe.

BubbaGrace
Jul 14, 2006

Last night I was loving around in that swamp area with the flamingos and frog people (whatever they are called) before running in to this NPC I believe who was named "Mud Master". I am level 28 and got absolutely owned by it. Is he/she/it some kind of special boss spawn? I respawned at the nearest node and wanted to go back looking for it but I couldn't find it.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

kalstrams posted:

You were right, Drythe, this is too easy.

mmo hmo posters dumb

Its still fun after people learn because you get to share the brown sea with everyone

Wilekat
Sep 24, 2007

Is this game a trap?

I can't figure out if I'm having fun dicking about with traderoutes and production chains and wishing I had more energy and contribution points and planning out my industrial empire and maybe? killing some monsters or if it's just catering to that dark part of my soul that just needs to make the dots line up to satisfy something broken inside.

I climbed the mountain between Hidel and Veila and admired the view out North towards the sea and the big castle yesterday though and that was nice :unsmith:

ohsosad
Feb 11, 2012

Why is every game i play unbalanced in the other guys favour?
It's back up for you fishers.

Bede
Jun 2, 2006

I wasn't even around for the goblin baby vote

lewtt posted:

so I've been basically unable to play the game at all since 6pm, since their servers now decide to boot me anywhere between 30 secs to 5 mins after I log in. the lag has just escalated to outright kicking me out
hoping this maintenance fixes it, it since its a seemingly common issue

btw, cancelclass prime is ranger. five part series from a guy who doesn't understand volume

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEeCeP9Olbc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gB5NNzunUCw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQcomFJhqoM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilYWchLWDGc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTgezfIqevU

I had this same problem a week ago. Deleting/moving the bdo folder in my documents fixed it.

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

The Quake posted:

Someone made a handy lil map if you forgot where trees are

This is pretty great. Now I just need one for Ore locations.

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug

Felony posted:

Last night I was loving around in that swamp area with the flamingos and frog people (whatever they are called) before running in to this NPC I believe who was named "Mud Master". I am level 28 and got absolutely owned by it. Is he/she/it some kind of special boss spawn? I respawned at the nearest node and wanted to go back looking for it but I couldn't find it.

Can you give a more precise location on this mob? I wanna go gently caress it up.

JackDRipper
Feb 13, 2013

Its all about the Fishing.

Xavier434 posted:

This is pretty great. Now I just need one for Ore locations.

More importantly we need fishing locations.

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

JackDRipper posted:

More importantly we need fishing locations.

That too.

LegalPad
Oct 23, 2013

That's gunna be tough. Every fishing "region" must have a loot table of 10 or more fish minimum.

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

LegalPad posted:

That's gunna be tough. Every fishing "region" must have a loot table of 10 or more fish minimum.

If some sperglord is willing to write a 250+ page "guide" then I am sure something useful like this will appear eventually. Or at least I hope so.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Again, Sorceresses are fun as poo poo.

Claw people, jump away, kamehameha them, and then spirit bomb. If your black energy is max spirit bomb becomes Buu's planetary annihilation attack.

Gerdalti
May 24, 2003

SPOON!
Anyone have a "get a cart and get trading fast" guide?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Xavier434 posted:

If some sperglord is willing to write a 250+ page "guide" then I am sure something useful like this will appear eventually. Or at least I hope so.
Someone will have to give away their source of passive income.

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

kalstrams posted:

Someone will have to give away their source of passive income.

True, but if past MMOs are any indicator this is very likely to happen regardless. Perhaps even more so since fishing income isn't based on a traditional player controlled marketplace.

Drythe posted:

Claw people, jump away, kamehameha them, and then spirit bomb. If your black energy is max spirit bomb becomes Buu's planetary annihilation attack.

Gonna second this. Being a punch witch who is also Goku is loving rad.

Xavier434 fucked around with this message at 16:30 on Mar 11, 2016

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Xavier434 posted:

Perhaps even more so since fishing income isn't based on a traditional player controlled marketplace.
On the other hand, any other player in the same area does directly decrease one's own profit.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Sorcs could have just as easily been called Demon Monks.

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug

Stanley Pain posted:

Sorcs could have just as easily been called Demon Nuns.

ftfy

I love teleporting around and spirit bombing shitlords. Sorc is the class for me. My berserker alt is going to be under-used.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Wilekat posted:

Is this game a trap?

I can't figure out if I'm having fun dicking about with traderoutes and production chains and wishing I had more energy and contribution points and planning out my industrial empire and maybe? killing some monsters or if it's just catering to that dark part of my soul that just needs to make the dots line up to satisfy something broken inside.

I climbed the mountain between Hidel and Veila and admired the view out North towards the sea and the big castle yesterday though and that was nice :unsmith:

Yes to all of it

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

The patch notes that I posted previously have been updated with some new stuff.

http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/40807-updated-patch-notes-march-11th/

quote:

The following changes will be applied during this maintenance:

Event & System
  • Character limitation in the chat window will be expanded to 350
  • Removed the case sensitive limitation during marketplace search
  • Added whisper notice sound. You can switch it off in your game setting menu

Class
  • Berserker
    Raging Thunder move distance has been increased.

• Valkyrie
    Fixed the issue where Valkyrie was not holding a sword in character creation.

• Wizard/Witch
    Fixed the issue where using Magical Shield also protected enemies.

Items
  • Drop Rates for the following items from Field Boss Bundles has been increased.
  • Mark of Shadow from Giant Mudster
  • Tree Spirit Belt from Dim Tree Spirit
  • Tree Spirit Belt from Liverto Weapon Bundle
  • Liverto Weapon Bundle from Red Nose

Drop Rates from the following field boss has changed.
Giant Mudster

Before

Resplendent Ruby
Resplendent Topaz
Resplendent Emerald
Resplendent Diamond
Seal of the Hunter

After

Magic Crystal of Infinity - Swiftness
Magic Crystal of Infinity - Storm
Magic Crystal of Infinity - Valor
Magic Crystal of Infinity - Memory
Seal of the Hunter (with slightly increased numbers at random)

Monsters
  • Added additional <Violent> Calpheon Shrine Elite Warriors
  • Spawn times of the field bosses (Red Nose, Dim Tree Spirit, Giant Mudster) was lowered from 24-32 hr to 12-24 hour.
  • Spawn time for <Violent> Green Orc Skeleton Warrior, <Sturdy> Calpheon Shadow Guard, <Violent> Calpheon Shrine Elite Warrior was decreased.
  • EXP amount gained from Fat Catfishman, Rhutum Elite Brawler, Green Orc Skeleton Warrior, Calpheon Shrine Elite Warrior, Calpheon Shadow Guard was lowered.
  • Item drop rate for <Violent> Green Orc Skeleton Warrior, <Sturdy> Calpheon Shadow Guard, <Violente> Calpheon Shrine Elite Warrior was adjusted to lower the drop rate of boss summon scrolls and accessories.
  • Mask Owl has had its level decreased from 40 to 39.
  • The following monsters are now immune to attack/movement slowing debuffs.
  • Scarecrow Ghost
  • Cultist Warrior
  • Big Horn Triangle Head Salamander
  • Patrol
  • Swamp Fogan Warrior
  • Strong Altar Imp Trainer
  • Mine Imp
  • Altar Imp Fighter
  • Khuruto Fighter
  • Waragon
  • Contaminated Butcher
  • Ruins Golem
  • Giant Possessed by Black Spirit
  • Ruins Monster
  • Petrifying Foreman
  • Orc Test Subject
  • Saunil Commander
  • Giant Combatant
  • Fat Catfishman
  • Rhutum Elite Brawler
  • Green Orc Skeleton Warrior
  • Calpheon Shrine Elite Warrior
  • Calpheon Shadow Guard

The Liverto Staff (Wizard/Witch) was missing, because it was part of the Mediah Update in KR service. It has now been added to the drop of "Hexe Marie" (Boss Scroll)

UI
  • Fixed the issue where the enhancement level was being displayed on the wrong spot when a Marketplace registration notification comes up.
  • You can open the knowledge window anytime now
  • Issue with the crop information window has been fixed (You could not open it before)

Quests
  • Navigation added for the quest "Reyas's Request."
  • Navigation added for the quest "Margaret's Test #2."
  • Order for certain quests has been changed to smooth leveling.
    "Mask Owl Rumor"
    "Big Muscle, Big Brain"
  • The quest "A Walking Bird?" was removed.

Issues/Bugs
  • Fixed the issues that did not save changes made for Custom Quickslots
  • Fixed missing battle music
  • Fixed the issue where typhoons were not seen.
  • Fixed an issue with monsters not properly respawning

Ongoing Issues
  • Serendia Issue from 1st day of head start; compensation is still being worked on. All effected players will be receiving a tier 5 horse as part of the compensation.
  • Pet Breeding is disabled as the system is being revamped, once complete it will be enabled.

Due to the increased "goldseller" population, we are beginning to put systems in place to suppress their market.

Players were able to abuse an exploit that allowed trading any amount of silver it through Potions.
Payer A could purchase potions, trade them with Player B and B could sell them back to the NPC to gain silver out of it. (or other items)

• Items traded 1:1 will become character bound and can not be sold anymore to the NPC, nor used for professions such as crafting/alchemy/cooking anymore (character bound)

After maintenance we will also offer the coupon to NA players who played on the 28th February between 08:00 UTC (opening) and 18:00 UTC (fixing the Serendia Issue) to submit a request for a "Character Name Swap between 2 existing characters" (Coupon can be found in the ACCOUNT tab on the website)
  • You may register your request on that page for swapping the names of two existing characters within the same region.
  • You must have two existing characters within the same region to be able to register a 'name swap'.
  • Registration will open latest by end of 11th March and close March 23rd at 08:00 UTC.
  • Name Swap will be applied on March 30th during the maintenance.
  • If a character, for which a 'name swap' has been registered is deleted within this process time, your request will fail and your coupon will be consumed.
  • Only one 'name swap' will be provided. A failed coupon will not be reimbursed.
  • Only your character's names will be swapped. This doesn't affect your character's progression.
  • Note: Please make sure the chosen names are correct. After your confirmation this process is irreversible!

Best regards

BDO Team

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

quote:

EXP amount gained from Fat Catfishman, Rhutum Elite Brawler, Green Orc Skeleton Warrior, Calpheon Shrine Elite Warrior, Calpheon Shadow Guard was lowered.
Item drop rate for <Violent> Green Orc Skeleton Warrior, <Sturdy> Calpheon Shadow Guard, <Violente> Calpheon Shrine Elite Warrior was adjusted to lower the drop rate of boss summon scrolls and accessories.
Naturally not liking this, but otherwise alright patch at large, in my opinion.

RedTonic posted:

Can you give a more precise location on this mob? I wanna go gently caress it up.
That's a level 50 or 55 raidboss I believe.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Drythe posted:

I'm only a level 36 tamer so I still don't really understand how the black energy thing works? Do I still need to unlock something to get these "ultimate" abilities or am I a dumb?

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!
Can you succeed at the economy part of this game without touching pve? Because I like the idea of being a slave owning millionaire, but I'm not crazy about having to play another mmorpg to get there.

Taran
Nov 2, 2002

What? I don't get to yell "I'LL FINISH THIS" anymore?

Grimey Drawer

Donnerberg posted:

Can you succeed at the economy part of this game without touching pve? Because I like the idea of being a slave owning millionaire, but I'm not crazy about having to play another mmorpg to get there.

Node activation in certain locations will be hilarious if you don't level up your character, as some of the nodes around higher-level cities are surrounded by monsters that will destroy you. Beyond that, I don't think there are any real limitations in terms of crafting, trading, gathering, or fishing that care about your combat level.

EDIT: Yeah, Kimsemus is right, I somehow totally forgot about contribution points/energy. You can get some of those from gathering/crafting quests, but if you're not questing much you won't easily get enough to build your network.

Taran fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Mar 11, 2016

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Gerdalti posted:

Anyone have a "get a cart and get trading fast" guide?

Yep. It won't take you long to get the 180k silver to buy a farm cat from the stable master, do that ASAP. The donkey is worthless.

You have to be obsessive about doing side quests. The trick to trading is twofold:

1) Having the longest direct connection from a city to the farthest city possible (Ideally you want above 20% distance bonus)

2) Producing your own packs, which is where the real money is.

The reason you need to quest is that reasonably, you're going to need about 150 Contribution Points to do this properly because you're going to need multiple workshops, housing for your workers, supporting beer production, and access to the various raw material nodes. You can scale up or down to a degree but to me, if you're going to do something, do it all the way.

There isn't a right or wrong pack to produce, some people do sunflowers and other produce, some do logs, some do minerals. You are just going to want sufficient laborers set up in your "home" city to produce said packs efficiently, then assemble them as far away from your desto as possible then move them yourself via the wagon. Once you have this kind of operation cranking you'll be making millions of silver a day.

In turn, try to invest this silver into getting a rank 1 house, then converting the profits into more materials for your business, then mass gold bars, which you then use your rank 1 house access to invest at the various banks. It really depends on how involved you want to be, I spend more time doing this than anything else, my goal is to be able to buy as much as I can thus mitigating my need for physically grinding items.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

Taran posted:

Node activation in certain locations will be hilarious if you don't level up your character, as some of the nodes around higher-level cities are surrounded by monsters that will destroy you. Beyond that, I don't think there are any real limitations in terms of crafting, trading, gathering, or fishing that care about your combat level.

Huh, that sounds kind of not impossible then.

Markkei
Aug 11, 2010

Scored this guy for 90k. Off to the Trace of Earth farm you go!

Rivv
Jul 13, 2005
Everything I do is motivated by stupidity

quote:

Serendia Issue from 1st day of head start; compensation is still being worked on. All effected players will be receiving a tier 5 horse as part of the compensation

That's pretty cool, at least

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Rivv posted:

That's pretty cool, at least

I look forward to enslaving said free horse on my wagon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crazystray
Aug 7, 2005
Grow or die.
Here's a list of lots of BDO 'tips'. There's a ton of them, lots of basic info and some surprising things as well. I bothered to read through the whole list and definitely learned some things:

http://orcz.com/Black_Desert_Online:_Game_Tips

crazystray fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Mar 11, 2016