Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)

Mierenneuker posted:

Does it say "error 45: なに, バカ 外人" ?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Okay I actually like this champion now.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

11 wins in a row in ranked. 10 Morgana and 1 Lux when Morg got picked from under me. I can't believe I've been so lucky.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Arrgytehpirate posted:

11 wins in a row in ranked. 10 Morgana and 1 Lux when Morg got picked from under me. I can't believe I've been so lucky.

morgana is the anti-contested pick. rarely does anyone care that a morgana has been picked or banned unless she is somehow the best support (she's not). it's the same for lux, who has the highest mid winrate, for some goddamn reason, probably because they aren't mobile or super flashy.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

This is amazing.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

How Rude posted:

morgana is the anti-contested pick. rarely does anyone care that a morgana has been picked or banned unless she is somehow the best support (she's not). it's the same for lux, who has the highest mid winrate, for some goddamn reason, probably because they aren't mobile or super flashy.

I meant lucky in that I've been winning. I checked out some of the challenger supports and Morgana is hardly played, yet she just feels so strong. An early Q can get first blood, W with Spellthief/frostfang/FCS is insane, the shield is a direct counter to tons of poo poo. Like, her entire kit is just amazing.

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Kreygasm

Japanese server too fun

No ragers, no afk, people pick normal comps and don't troll in champ select

Matter of fact, they don't talk at all

Emery
Feb 8, 2012
Sometimes you just gotta carry from support

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

Aspd Lulu?

stump collector
May 28, 2007
No one built a frozen heart against 3 auto attackers, nice

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Flipswitch posted:

played first game in 5 months and man Mf still hella rad, that walk is the A game let me tell ya.

Is there a write up at all on the ADC items now? I kinda just built the ones that looked cool and did well. Normally I'd follow probuilds or something but I wouldn't mind figuring out why things are good from someone elses perspective.

Champs who go IE first are buying BF sword then building their Zeal item and then finishing IE. I guess you could technically do this with Essence Reaver, but that item typically just gets built first and then the Zeal item comes next.

RFC has been nerfed to the point that there's almost no reason to take it over Statik Shiv or Phantom Dancer except in rare and extremely specific cases. I'd probably just not worry about ever building RFC now because the times it's right are so niche that you'll probably never really be "wrong" buying Shiv or PD instead. PD tells you how many times it has saved your life now, which is fun.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Emery posted:

Sometimes you just gotta carry from support

Except you're clearly not a support?????

stump collector
May 28, 2007
I build pd every game because I'm an idiot and I need all the damage reduction i can get

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich

exethan posted:

No one built a frozen heart against 3 auto attackers, nice

Only one who could get it was Malph, who already got Sunfire GA and ZZrot, and Yi wouldn't be attacking him anyways. He'd have been better off getting more MR.

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Kashuno posted:

Except you're clearly not a support?????

He bought sightstone, he is supporting

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

exethan posted:

I build pd every game because I'm an idiot and I need all the damage reduction i can get

I almost always build it too for the exact same reason + to avoid the creep block, altho shiv does more damage especially on heavier crit based builds but w/e I really like PD.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
apparently you need a japanese ip to play in the japan server?? racist

Emery
Feb 8, 2012
http://plays.tv/video/56e2fb2b1cef36ff2a

Featuring:
-me KSing everything in sight
-my terrible taste in music
-my awful voice

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Tired Moritz posted:

sorry man, glorious nippon doesn't need your dirty gaijin blood

stump collector
May 28, 2007

AHH FUGH posted:

Only one who could get it was Malph, who already got Sunfire GA and ZZrot, and Yi wouldn't be attacking him anyways. He'd have been better off getting more MR.

i think it'd be pretty good on nocturne and possibly would have prevented several of his deaths. even bard would have benefited his team more with FH than trying to build a loving lich bane

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Emery posted:

http://plays.tv/video/56e2fb2b1cef36ff2a

Featuring:
-me KSing everything in sight
-my terrible taste in music
-my awful voice

honestly Karma stealing kills isn't that bad because she can do crazy damage with her enhanced Q

And if people ever complain that they can't carry from support and their laner always loses, just remember, while you're losing , the enemy support is saying"man, supports CAN carry! my lane is so good!"

BigLeafyTree
Oct 21, 2010

Flipswitch posted:

played first game in 5 months and man Mf still hella rad, that walk is the A game let me tell ya.

Is there a write up at all on the ADC items now? I kinda just built the ones that looked cool and did well. Normally I'd follow probuilds or something but I wouldn't mind figuring out why things are good from someone elses perspective.

The Triforce carriers, Vayne, Kalista, and Kog have different needs, for the rest it goes like this I think:

Your first goal is probably to hit IE/ER, your Zeal item of choice, and upgraded boots.
-IE vs ER is basically a question of raw damage vs utility (plus ER has a more forgiving build up). Both items are kinda meh alone so I find sitting on a BF Sword and finishing the Zeal item feels better.
-Your first Zeal item is very much 'it depends'. PD helps you duel and kite champs that need to run at you like Olaf or whatever (especially if you also get Furor enchant). RFC gives you some freedom to poke, and is best I think on long range champs (eg. Caitlyn), fast ones (eg. MF), or ones that can do a lot in a single attack (eg. Draven). Shiv is probably the most generically good one if you don't know what you want, waveclear and a little burst is never wrong. Hurricane is good depending on the champion, especially if they have multiple melee or you benefit from the extra attacks. The stats on all the Zeal items are roughly the same so you're really comparing the passives.

I'll edit in some more in a bit, but you can't go far wrong copying stuff from probuilds and disclaimer I'm bad.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
Which of the zeal line gives the most movespeed? I ask because RFC seems to be the premier thing for Jhin but if it's been hit again I'd imagine PD would be the next best thing

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

AHH FUGH posted:

On the other hand, building more than a single offensive item on Nocturne is really dumb.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Servaetes posted:

Which of the zeal line gives the most movespeed? I ask because RFC seems to be the premier thing for Jhin but if it's been hit again I'd imagine PD would be the next best thing

Hurricane gives the most, PD gives you 39 flat movement speed when you can see another champ. I think RFC is probably best for Jhin because of his ammo mechanic and being able to get that crit attack off a little easier.

One thing I didn't mention earlier wrt Zeal items is that while I really like PD, it has the worst build path of the RFC/Shiv/PD trio because it doesn't have Kirchei's Shard in it, which is actually a really good and cheap item.

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich

The Shortest Path posted:

On the other hand, building more than a single offensive item on Nocturne is really dumb.

Randuin's/Dead Man's Plater is still better due to the slow helping him stick to the carries however :3:

Noc is just in a lovely place right now

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

AHH FUGH posted:

sorry man, glorious nippon doesn't need your dirty gaijin blood

I don't want to go back to Oceania

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Servaetes posted:

RFC is overrated on Jhin

Buying Shiv, RFC, or PD is completely based on the game and situation, and anyone who thinks you need to build RFC every game 2nd item is probably A Bad

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

AHH FUGH posted:

RFC is overrated on Jhin

Buying Shiv, RFC, or PD is completely based on the game and situation, and anyone who thinks you need to build RFC every game 2nd item is probably A Bad

stop getting off to your own dick

frc is not overrated on him, it's a very good item for a champion with 0 mobility and a focus on single target damage.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
It's good on jhin, just like shiv and pd are

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Wait don't most people get off to their own dicks

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

AHH FUGH posted:

Wait don't most people get off to their own dicks

Only about 3% of the country really

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
let he who never said "l'm gay" cast the first stone

BigLeafyTree
Oct 21, 2010

More words.

Hurricane has strong synergy with Fervor so if you're taking that keystone (which almost everybody is?) that's another point for it.

Last Whisper and LDR are both fine items, but LW now only penetrates bonus armor, so unless the people you need to kill have finished an armor item all you're doing is paying a lot to be able to penetrate their armor from runes. The Giant Killer passive is good, but if you don't already have your damage/attack speed/crit, it's not a great deal. (I think, haven't run the numbers to get an exact idea of where the break points for value are)

Your lifesteal options are a choice of BoRK, Bloodthirster, and Mercurial. Bloodthirster is the best for banging it out toe-to-toe since it offers the most lifesteal and the shield. BoRK is anti-tank, and the active is pretty good for fighting bruisers (or anyone, but especially bruisers). Mercurial is legit as hell now, combining the speed boost with cleanse with lifesteal and some damage. They also offer different spreads of stats so make an informed decision. It's fine to sit on a Vamp Scepter for a while if you have higher priorities too.

You can do a 100% crit build by going IE, ER, Zeal-item x2. It definitely hits hard if your only concern is pounding nerds into paste, but it leaves you with very little room for other items and LDR is already probably one of them unless their team has no tankiness. You've played ADC in the past so you know when you need a defensive item and so on and what would be generally useful.

Ghostblade is just okay right now maybe? I've stopped building it for no particular reason, it just never feels like the right choice. Maw and Sterak's are legit defensive options if you'd really rather not be dead. ZZRot isn't ideal on ADCs but I like the item so much and it's so good right now that I still build it sometimes if I'm not desperately in need of something else, the +20% movespeed near turrets is really really nice. Boots are interesting right now with Zerker's being kind of optional right now for once. Zerker's are still very efficient DPS-wise, Lucidity boots can bump you from 30% CDR (from ER) to 40% if you don't have another source for that final 10% (Triforce, runes, Ghostblade, w/e), and Swifties are really nice as they've had their movespeed bumped up so they're noticeably a step quicker than the others and many of the threats you'll be running from like Swifties right now too so it's helpful to not be straight up slower than them.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

AHH FUGH posted:

let he who never said "l'm gay" cast the first stone

Im gay

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Tired Moritz posted:

Mierenneuker posted:

Does it say "error 45: なに, バカ 外人"

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

AHH FUGH posted:

RFC is overrated on Jhin

Sneaky, the only guy to play him professionally that I've seen, recommends RFC and is better than us combined but yeah. I figured whatever has the most movespeed is going to be to his benefit to buy the most. Wasn't sure between the three which had the most because hurricane isn't something anyone should consider

stump collector
May 28, 2007
Rekkless from fnatic has played jihn at IEM and this week at LCS and took shiv the two games I saw. Each item is good but RFC allows for safer burst and shiv allows for a larger burst. So, like any game, choose based on the threats you're facing and what you think looks coolest

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

Totally fair, I haven't seen pro league in the past three or so weeks. Shiv just seems odd on him given the whole perk is waveclear? I swore shiv did pretty low damage to champs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Jhin has been picked 10 times in competitive. 6 of those games were by Rekkles, who goes Shiv 2nd every game. Pray, S1mLz, Sneaky and Ssol each played 1 game each of Jhin. Pray/S1mLz went Shiv 2nd, Ssol and Sneaky went RFC.

But more importantly:

quote:

Whimsy (W) AP ratio reduced to 5% per 100 AP from 10% per 100 AP.
Wild Growth (R) bonus health lowered to 200/350/500 from 300/450/600
gently caress YOU TOO RIOT :mad:
Nerfing her utility while leaving her waveclear is the exact wrong way to nerf her imo

E: As I write this post Rekkles locks in Jhin again, lol

• Locked thread