Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
doesn't the grand prix start tomorrow

it's just side events/last chance gpts (do they still do those) today

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

Zoness posted:

doesn't the grand prix start tomorrow

it's just side events/last chance gpts (do they still do those) today

Well, it wont' be streamed this weekend regardless. People have been crying about this on reddit for weeks.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
I am all for them skipping boring GPs if that means a better job on the ones they do stream. Not sure that's happening yet but I'm hopeful.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

MiddleEastBeast posted:

Delirium being the only apparent payoff for self-mill is kind of unexciting (for limited), given that we're going back to the plane that had flashback last time.

I mean, we only have like 40 cards spoiled, so its kind of weird to say that Delirium either isn't exciting or is the only payoff. Not to mention that some of the Delirium payoffs are really good, e.g. Topplegeist.

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All
http://imgur.com/gallery/KAx5C

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009
ASK ME ABOUT HOW NOT BEING A FUCKING ASSHOLE ON THE ROAD IS JUST LIKE BEING A JEW AT A NAZI GATHERING BECAUSE I CAN NOT UNDERSTAND HOW TO NOT BE A FUCKING ASSHOLE AND WHEN PEOPLE TREAT ME LIKE I'M A FUCKING ASSHOLE THAT IS JUST LIKE GENOCIDE

Sickening posted:

Well, it wont' be streamed this weekend regardless. People have been crying about this on reddit for weeks.

They did an extra poo poo job last time they covered a team event, like 30 min of dead airtime between games poo poo. They probably want to fix this and accidentally figured out it's going to take more than $50K and five minutes so the coverage team in charge is probably rolling around on the ground covered in BBQ sauce or some dumb poo poo.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

sol ring at uncommon is an obvious fake, other stupid things notwithstanding

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

That stasis reprint better be the original art. :colbert:

Yeah and damnation at rare?... I don't really have much faith in that. That is something that makes sense and totally not something WOTC would ever do even for a small print run thing.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
Having the normal retinue of backup matches to cut dead time in normal coverage is a great upscale in the number of cameras/tables they'd need to bring. I'm not sure if wotc would send their own team or have scg live do it but either way I don't think they'd bring the level of equipment they used for the world magic cup to a GP.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

Finally I can play Sea Stompy!

Also lol at mythic Ichorid and uncommon Sol Ring. Totally believable.

En Fuego
Oct 8, 2004

The Reverend

Zoness posted:

sol ring at uncommon is an obvious fake, other stupid things notwithstanding

Yeah, this list seems a little wonky and doesn't even look like there is any sealed/draft synergy.

I would love to see Serendib come back, however.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
Oh yeah also Ivory Tower at common :laffo:

This would definitely allow for playable limited.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Zoness posted:

Oh yeah also Ivory Tower at common :laffo:

This would definitely allow for playable limited.

holy poo poo that's fuckin

wow

does that card serve any purpose at all

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

Bolt at U, Chain Lightning at R, seems legit.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
"Let's put Mana Crypt at Mythic and Sol Ring at Uncommon."

Seems legit.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Literally The Worst posted:

holy poo poo that's fuckin

wow

does that card serve any purpose at all

I mean did you look at what the low cost creatures in the list do.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Zoness posted:

I mean did you look at what the low cost creatures in the list do.

no because autocard doesn't register on images

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
It at least has more rhyme or reason than the last one. And the shittiness of Green's list kind of matches early Magic (I thought I was the only person who remembered Crush of Wurms :psyduck:) But I'll believe it when I see it.

E: Just noticed all the UG Madness cards in there, God that would be so sweet to draft.

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Mar 11, 2016

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
Oldschool sliver subset with Overlord would be my jam if it was real

Thisuck
Apr 29, 2012

Spoilers
Pillbug
Savannah Lions at Uncommon, clearly fake.

Edit: Can't force dredge, no bridge from below :(

Thisuck fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Mar 11, 2016

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

C-Euro posted:

(I thought I was the only person who remembered Crush of Wurms :psyduck:)

That was the foil I opened in a pack of judgement, not cabal therapy.

Alaan
May 24, 2005

I'd be shocked at any list with Sol ring in it at all. It's so game breakingly powerful in limited it probably couldn't be at less than mythic(Which Vintage Masters agrees with). But they've printed it 4 years in a row or whatever at "uncommon" in Commander so it would be a pretty terrible rarity bump. If commander decks had never been printed and this was the first run since the ol' days maaaaybe. But as is I don't see it being a good card to put in the set.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

Nothing says Eternal Masters like Mage Ring Bully

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Fish Of Doom posted:

Nothing says Eternal Masters like Mage Ring Bully

Yeah aside from that one card this looks pretty convincing.

Mage-Ring Bully is baffling.

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

Channel kaervek's torch just sounds wrong.

Thisuck
Apr 29, 2012

Spoilers
Pillbug

Cactrot posted:

Channel kaervek's torch just sounds wrongamazing.

ftfy :getin:

just rust
Oct 23, 2012

Chainer's Edict at uncommon would be very disappointing cuz it's a staple pauper card on MODO that has never been common in paper.

If they aren't going to print duals the only usefulness of this set is to help introduce paper players to the best format, Pauper, and they should take every opportunity to harmonize the online and paper rarities.

Also reprint big money common Oubliette, thanks. And while you're at it reprint Cuombajj Witches because they are surely next on the mad money pauper investment hitlist.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Elvish Archer and Serendib Efreet at rare? lol

Even ignoring some of the hella dumb poo poo like Sol Ring and Channel that's just so goddamn obviously fake it isn't even funny.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

C-Euro posted:

(I thought I was the only person who remembered Crush of Wurms :psyduck:)
I remember back in Scourge I ran a draft with prizes being a pick out of my trade binder, and first place decided to pull a foil Crush of Wurms. :psyduck: Like okay, I sure don't mind you passing by my BoP or Exalted Angel or any of the other actual value cards of the time for a 50c foil. Second and third did the same thing, pulling Vampiric Dragon and Braids.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
To anyone saying it's fake because of baffling design decisions, lol have you ever looked at the previous masters sets?

Emerson Cod
Apr 14, 2004

by Pragmatica
Loving the painlands at uncommon. Hope this list is real.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Another unbelievably fake setlist.

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe

Yawgmoth posted:

I remember back in Scourge I ran a draft with prizes being a pick out of my trade binder, and first place decided to pull a foil Crush of Wurms. :psyduck: Like okay, I sure don't mind you passing by my BoP or Exalted Angel or any of the other actual value cards of the time for a 50c foil. Second and third did the same thing, pulling Vampiric Dragon and Braids.

Back in the day crush was my favorite ramp payoff spell. I started loving Wurms with arrogant wurm and roar of the wurm in u/g madness. What's better than 1 wurm? 3 Wurms at the same time!

Someone mail me a foil Crush of Wurms

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

little munchkin posted:

To anyone saying it's fake because of baffling design decisions, lol have you ever looked at the previous masters sets?

There's bad design decisions and then there's french vanilla rares and cards that are banned in all eternal formats.

Terrible Horse
Apr 27, 2004
:I

just rust posted:

Chainer's Edict at uncommon would be very disappointing cuz it's a staple pauper card on MODO that has never been common in paper.

If they aren't going to print duals the only usefulness of this set is to help introduce paper players to the best format, Pauper, and they should take every opportunity to harmonize the online and paper rarities.

Also reprint big money common Oubliette, thanks. And while you're at it reprint Cuombajj Witches because they are surely next on the mad money pauper investment hitlist.

Pretty sure that you can use uncommon printings as long as the card was at one point printed at common in mtgo pauper.

edit: sorry, I misread you.

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe

Terrible Horse posted:

Pretty sure that you can use uncommon printings as long as the card was at one point printed at common in mtgo pauper.

edit: sorry, I misread you.

I think this is normally correct but also unclear. Last paper pauper event I went to followed paper-only commons, so no cards like tangle or chainers edict. Something like eternal masters would be a great no-effort way to clear up the few differences between paper and modo for pauper.

PhyrexianLibrarian
Feb 21, 2004

Compleat silence, please
Story chat!

I don't understand why there's so much mystery around what happened between Nahiri and Sorin, as it seems really obvious:

- Sorin (the ancient vampire) convinces Nahiri (the newly-sparked Kor) to bind the Eldrazi to her home plane.
- Vampires (gee I wonder where they could have come from) help weaken the Eldrazi prison, Nahiri leaves to find out what the deal is.
- The Eldrazi are accidentally freed by a bunch of other planeswalkers.
- As far as Nahiri has seen, these planeswalkers just show up at her home, ruin everything, then bail and leave her to clean up the mess.
- Nahiri is super-pissed and is luring Emrakul to Sorin's plane, just as Sorin lured Emrakul to Nahiri's plane.

Why do they need to have had some kind of falling out? I feel like "while you and your buddies traipse around the multiverse loving things up I'm stuck here protecting my home from a mess you helped cause, how about I show you what that feels like?" is a good enough reason.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Thisuck posted:

What if the moon is actually just Emrakul, but looking from the top, so the weird jellyfish head thing looks round, then we can have Tammy going "That's no moon!" on Emrakul 2.0's flavor text.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

oh my god I remember this episode

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

PhyrexianLibrarian posted:

Why do they need to have had some kind of falling out? I feel like "while you and your buddies traipse around the multiverse loving things up I'm stuck here protecting my home from a mess you helped cause, how about I show you what that feels like?" is a good enough reason.

They never explicitly state Sorin caused vampires to happen on Zendikar (and hope springs eternal that Creative is... creative enough to introduce the plot twist that it wasn't Sorin's doing), also in your version of events there's no reason for Sorin to be dodgy to Ugin about the whereabouts of Nahiri.

• Locked thread