Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Snak posted:

In a show full of terrible characters "Fish Mooney" is easily the worst and nothing she does matters at all and all her stories are dumb and pointless.

Fortunately there are 2 great characters and like 3 okay characters to help balance out the lovely ones.

I don't miss watching that show at all though.

When I won a DVD set of Mike Tyson Mysteries on Facebook, the name on the email that sent a request for my mailing address was Fish Mooney, so I'm just going to assume it's canon that she went legit and went on to work for Warner Bros. social media.

muscles like this? posted:

Time for another round of Good News/Bad News!

Good News:
Amazon is bringing back The Tick!

Bad News:
Pretty much nobody who was involved with the older version will be back, no Patrick Warburton.

They haven't actually cast the new Tick yet.

The live action Tick was hot garbage anyway, wake me up when they're reviving the animated series.

raditts fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Mar 11, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
Colony is way better than it has any right to be. More and more it feels like a sci-fi version of The Americans.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
Was watching Season 4 of House of CoDs and spotted this:

Do people from the UK really orient phones this way? With the lens in the bottom right?

raditts posted:

The live action Tick was hot garbage anyway, wake me up when they're reviving the animated series.

Said the exact same thing when I spotted it on FB.

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 07:21 on Mar 11, 2016

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I don't really understand the question. I guess my answer is "yes, when shooting landscape video".

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

Snak posted:

Yeah, so maybe if I was a writer on the show I would stop trying to push a storyline that literally can't go anywhere.

He should succeed, and then DIE and it turns out it was a different Jim Gordon all along. :master:

edit: Donal Logue changes his name to Jim Gordon to honor his memory and then hooks up with Barbara.
In all fairness season 2 is much better because they introduce a straight shooter who is even more straight about the law than Gordon in the form of Vic Mackey. And Gordon basically now is descending into his own pit of hell where he's justifying his means because literally the show has more or less shed off any pretense that Gotham is run by the mob families anymore and they're basically always facing off against insane criminals who take poo poo way too far and constantly puts Gordon in a state of wondering if the law is worth upholding for supervillains. Literally the first half of the season was subtitled "Rise of the Villains" and the second half is "Wrath of the Villains" which says a lot about where the show is now.

Before it was about a bunch of mob families vying for power and having the police in their pocket while some Batman-named characters maneuver around it. This season literally starts with a dude who kidnaps the mayor so he can become mayor so he can take revenge on Bruce Wayne because their ancestors got in a slap fight generations ago.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Escobarbarian posted:

I don't really understand the question. I guess my answer is "yes, when shooting landscape video".

I figured most people oriented the lens (on an asymmetric camera) so it was on the top half (shooter's upper left).

I'm left-handed and even I don't orient my phone like the image.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Mister Macys posted:

I figured most people oriented the lens (on an asymmetric camera) so it was on the top half (shooter's upper left).

I'm in the UK and I don't care how I orient my phone cause my camera is in the middle because that's sensible.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Mister Macys posted:

Personally I always end up doing it that way without realising. I am extremely left-handed so maybe that's why?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

I orient it so that I can press the shutter button. Do iPhones not have one?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
They have one but you can press it either way - with the index finger of your right hand in the way shown in the pic from HoC, or with your left thumb the other way.

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.

bobkatt013 posted:

Rome was like that from the very beginning. Titus was the cause of the civil war and found all the gold. Caesar himself said that the gods were looking out for them

Yeah, but when they started playing fast and loose with the timeline (it's ten years later! Everybody looks the same except for Octavian! Let's jump another five years!) it went from being charming to distracting.

But honestly it was always forgivable solely on the back of how charming Vorenus and Pullo were as characters. Gotham came close to getting there with Gordon and Donal Logue but couldn't quite close the deal IMO.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

smg77 posted:

Forged in Fire is one of my guilty pleasures but the judges are so cringeworthy. The show would be so much better if they cut out most of the dumb stress test/simulated combat crap and focused more on the blacksmiths.

:cripes:

I was sold so hard on this show in episode 2 when a dude fucks up his knife and his solution is to start from scratch and make a loving battleaxe.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Sober posted:

In all fairness season 2 is much better because they introduce a straight shooter who is even more straight about the law than Gordon in the form of Vic Mackey. And Gordon basically now is descending into his own pit of hell where he's justifying his means because literally the show has more or less shed off any pretense that Gotham is run by the mob families anymore and they're basically always facing off against insane criminals who take poo poo way too far and constantly puts Gordon in a state of wondering if the law is worth upholding for supervillains. Literally the first half of the season was subtitled "Rise of the Villains" and the second half is "Wrath of the Villains" which says a lot about where the show is now.
Yeah that part was kind of cool, but

quote:

Before it was about a bunch of mob families vying for power and having the police in their pocket while some Batman-named characters maneuver around it. This season literally starts with a dude who kidnaps the mayor so he can become mayor so he can take revenge on Bruce Wayne because their ancestors got in a slap fight generations ago.
This character and his associated storyline was at least as bad as Fish's. The little flashback bits were kind of cool, but all the other scenes were just boring and/or stupid.

There's a basic pattern at work here: characters who are developed as people and for whom we understand personal motivations are good, whereas characters who we are told are powerful, and have arbitrary abilities to steer the plot, are lovely.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Escobarbarian posted:

They have one but you can press it either way - with the index finger of your right hand in the way shown in the pic from HoC, or with your left thumb the other way.
Pressing a button always screws up my pics so I always use the touchscreen shutter.

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

Might have missed it already but CDubs is renewing literally everything.

Here we go season 12 of Supernatural, longest running spooky show!

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

cool kids inc. posted:

Yesssssssss Crazy Ex Girlfriend and Jane the Virgin

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

I can't tell if Cuckoo is really dope or if Andy Samberg has melted my brain.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

cool kids inc. posted:

The best drat news!

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING

cool kids inc. posted:

I'm literally crying with joy over Crazy Ex-Girlfriend getting a second season. This is the bestest news.
and iZombie, too! YEAH. I need to catch up on it, haven't seen any episodes aired this year.

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

Oh, and Luke Cage premiers September 30th on Netflix. (at 2:10 from Mike Colter himself)

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

You let me be...inside you

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Spatula City posted:

I'm literally crying with joy over Crazy Ex-Girlfriend getting a second season.

You should see a doctor.

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

Toxxupation posted:

You let me be...inside you

I was waiting for you :3:

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
recommended subtitle for luke cage: Black Man, White Knight

no i don't actually think that way

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

less laughter posted:

You should see a doctor.

That's an entirely reasonable action. And if you would see (more of) the show you would agree. :colbert:

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Luke Cage doesn't seem very interesting from what I've seen of him in Jessica Jones. At least Jones and Daredevil are vulnerable and get hurt.

My prediction about Luke Cage is the big baddie for the season is an even stronger guy.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Air is lava! posted:

That's an entirely reasonable action. And if you would see (more of) the show you would agree. :colbert:

Crying over a TV show getting renewed is clinically insane.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

less laughter posted:

I don't know. Imagine you really like a show and it feels like it really resonates with you. But you can't convince anyone to watch it and it keeps on getting less then a million views eventually you made peace with the fact that it will certainly be canceled, putting all those people who are doing such a great job out of work.
Seing such a sort of thing can be an exhilerating surprise.

And people cry over TV relationships. Is that more sane than crying over the show itself?

And for all I know that was the figurative literally not the literal literally. (The English language is dump sometimes.)

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Mar 12, 2016

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Do you like superheroes? Check out my CYOA Mutants: Uprising

How about weird historical fiction? Try Vampires of the Caribbean

Some people cry when emotionally manipulative commercials come on. No one I know, of course. I just heard that sometimes that happens. To other people.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Kristen Bell cries when she sees sloths.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Mu Zeta posted:

Kristen Bell cries when she sees sloths.

everybody does

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
The entire point of consuming media is to allow yourself to be manipulated, if someone having an emotional response to a television show is something you find worthy of mocking then I really don't understand why you'd consume TV at all other than to smirk down on it from afar.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Yeah but why would you cry about a show being renewed. Faaaaake.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
itt goons go loving insane over hyperbole

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I love CXG but man do I hope it doesn't actually seriously resonate with anybody

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

less laughter posted:

"Literally" has changed to colloquially mean "figuratively" in the youths' vocabulary. hth.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

less laughter posted:

I think you might literally be a robot.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

With Seal as Pontius Pilate

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Escobarbarian posted:

I love CXG but man do I hope it doesn't actually seriously resonate with anybody

As a show it has taught me that its okay to both be bisexual and still love 80's pop-rock

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Mu Zeta posted:

Luke Cage doesn't seem very interesting from what I've seen of him in Jessica Jones. At least Jones and Daredevil are vulnerable and get hurt.

My prediction about Luke Cage is the big baddie for the season is an even stronger guy.

It's not

• Locked thread