Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Malachite_Dragon posted:

If his socking Iron Man through the ceiling for calling him not a king is any indication, I'm gonna go with no.

And if the answer is still yes than yes, Tony is a complete and utter idiot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

I love it when they illustrate just how motherfucking strong spider-man is.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

flosofl posted:

I love it when they illustrate just how motherfucking strong spider-man is.

:allears:

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

You ever do the chicken dance at a wake? That really bothers people.
What about those Punisher panels where Peter just full on tanks Frank's punches and beats the crap out of him?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

There's a Spider-man/Wolverine mini-series (I think) (pretty sure it's not the one where they time travel) where Spidey lifts an entire loving car off the ground with a web and it is pretty great.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

This page is now about badass Spider-Man moments.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
I've posted 'em before, and I'll post 'em again.

:spidey:

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Wasn't that X-men fight all in his head tho?

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

The conclusion to Superior Spider-Man is pretty loving badass. (Superior Spider-Man 30 & 31)

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

CharlestheHammer posted:

Wasn't that X-men fight all in his head tho?

No, it really happened, but then it was removed from his head :(

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I might be thinking of a similar scene in Ultimate X-men

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Malachite_Dragon posted:

This page is now about badass Spider-Man moments.

From What If Spider-Man's Clone Had Lived? Yeah, I know, I know...

In this version, the clone (I'll just call him Ben) punches out the real Spider-Man and puts him in stasis. Ben believes he's the real Peter and tries to live his life only things don't make sense. Betty is no longer into him, Aunt May has moved, he apparently dated Gwen Stacy and she's dead, some fat guy named the Kingpin wants to pick a fight with him and so on. He doesn't remember any of this. When he realizes his last memory is giving Dr. Warren a blood sample, he comes to terms with the truth and revives Peter. Spider-Man goes to fight Kingpin and it's agreed that Ben will sit it out so as not to raise questions on why there are two Spider-Men.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I like how Spidey evolve from having his quips being something interesting and cathartic to read while he beat on somebody, to having his quips be a legit part of his fighting style to taunt, confuse, irritate and throw off balance his opponents

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Back in the day every superhero made bad jokes and puns while they smacked gangsters around. Spidey just elevated it into pun-fu, that's why he's still doing it today.

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

I AM NOT BEING PAID TO CORRECT OTHER PEOPLE'S POSTS! DONKEY!!

Calaveron posted:

I like how Spidey evolve from having his quips being something interesting and cathartic to read while he beat on somebody, to having his quips be a legit part of his fighting style to taunt, confuse, irritate and throw off balance his opponents

Also, realize that his quips are being fueled by his precognitive abilities (i.e., the spider-sense). He doesn't just improv these on the spur of the moment, he improvs them before the spur of the moment.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Travis343 posted:

Back in the day every superhero made bad jokes and puns while they smacked gangsters around.

True that.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

I was reading an old Batman and Robin was off on a case with the teen titans, so Batman's beating up some dudes by himself, and he's having an internal monolog imagining the jokes Robin would be making if he was there.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

This page is just beautiful

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
A man who is badass enough to teach a god important things

Secret Wars II issue #2

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Funny as hell and ballsy to the point of stupidity

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
The silent beat followed by "It's you." with the closeup gets me every loving time

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Malachite_Dragon posted:

I don't know the issue, just been told it's from the Thor solo series post-Civl War. Thor is pissed that Tony cloned him. Also, Tony threatened to invade Asgard.

I'd love to post the whole thing :allears: and while some would say a one-sided beatdown isn't badass, I just love seeing Civil War Tony get his just deserts for some of the assholery he pulled.

It's Thor volume 3, issue 3. It's a great run, I'd check it out!

10 Beers fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Mar 11, 2016

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas

WickedHate posted:

True that.

There's a panel in an old golden age Starman strip where he's punching a guy in the throat and saying "looks like I've turned your Adam's apple... into apple-sauce!" which is probably the most horrifying thing I've ever read.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Rigged Death Trap posted:

This page is just beautiful

It's been a while since I read it, was this GG Norman?

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Nevvy Z posted:

It's been a while since I read it, was this GG Norman?

Yes. And that's what makes it work so well.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Archyduke posted:

There's a panel in an old golden age Starman strip where he's punching a guy in the throat and saying "looks like I've turned your Adam's apple... into apple-sauce!" which is probably the most horrifying thing I've ever read.

Nah, he didn't do that.

He kicked a chair into his throat.

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop
Does anyone have scans of when Spidey tried holding off the pheonix five or whatever by himself in AvX? I seem to remember that being a great 'Spidey vs the impossible' scene as well, not exactly sure though.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

So what then, did heel Iron Man just run around doing the job for A-listers?

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Unlucky7 posted:

Nah, he didn't do that.

He kicked a chair into his throat.

found it lmao

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

Does anyone have scans of when Spidey tried holding off the pheonix five or whatever by himself in AvX? I seem to remember that being a great 'Spidey vs the impossible' scene as well, not exactly sure though.

Avengers vs. X-Men #9

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

So what then, did heel Iron Man just run around doing the job for A-listers?

He ran around jobbing to A-Listers you mean.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

My favorite SM fighting the impossible is him V Morlun, granted he lost but that made it more interesting to me.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

He ran around jobbing to A-Listers you mean.

That's literally what he said. 'jobbing' is a wrestling term, from the notion of losing to someone as 'doing the job'.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

As I recall the main problem with Civil War-era Iron Man was that his character became a mustache-twirling villain and didn't make much sense. Now I am reading panels where he is mouthing off in front of gods and demigods and clearly has no concept of his own power level in relation.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Gaz-L posted:

That's literally what he said. 'jobbing' is a wrestling term, from the notion of losing to someone as 'doing the job'.

Well, I learned something today! I thought he meant "was Iron man the guy who went to arrest A-Listers."

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
Amazing :spidey: #33

It's better if you read the whole thing, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Here's my badass Spider-man panel.

Wait, poo poo.