Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

I wouldn't blame Lowtax for not remembering, all that spittle ejecting from between Boll's craggy rear end teeth has got to be a huge distraction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

med_tech
Mar 10, 2016

by Lowtax
ur movies r trash and ur p faggy for fighting lowtax imo

give pat darren and my brother some metal baseball bats see how u do tuff guy

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes

SIR FAT JONY IVES posted:

The most baffling thing about this post is equating Kickstarter with accountability.

Zero is still 'some level of accountability'

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

The most baffling thing about this post is equating Kickstarter with accountability.
Im glad someone else caught that I thought I was going mad

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Oberleutnant posted:

I dont have a son

well okay then.

nothing holding us back from this then.

Fruits of the sea
Dec 1, 2010

Schmorky

Radium

Who's next on the naughty list?

Huge Lady Pleaser
Jun 17, 2005

hello how r u doing im just looking for ppl 2 chill wit relax go out n have funn if ur looking for da same thing hit me up
Nap Ghost

I know there are people that don't follow through once they've completed their fundraiser. I was trying to refer to the fact that if the initial fundraising goal isn't reached then the donors' money will be returned.

I understand why some of you guys think the idea is silly. Its not like I think its a perfect idea either.

Even if it were done through the SA itself, people love watching bars fill up. Instead of throwing your money into a hole of unknown depth for a project, its nice to know how much is needed and how close you are to achieving a goal. I believe this makes a difference to many people, as silly as it may be to goons. (Just like Lowtax asking radium for ETAs, etc!).

For instance if Lowtax were to just post an announcement saying he needed money to hire an additional programmer for the forums, without citing how much money would be needed for the hire's salary as well as funding equipment or operating costs, yes, some people would give money.

But, if he says "We need $XX,XXX for this project" and posts a little graph at the top of the page showing how much was raised, people may be more apt to donate. Something displaying progression is necessary because it can encourage donations by giving the appearance of a worthy cause. There are people that won't donate to things unless they see others are too.

Schweinhund posted:

you care way too much about lowtax making money

I've posted here for 10 years. I just like reading these forums and I don't like the alternatives very much. I don't care about lowtax himself making money.

Puppy Galaxy posted:

You are logged in so you can donate

Actually I still had to put in my username and password, the latter being 1000 characters long because of radium.

[And now i'm done talking about kickstarter, i didn't mean to derail the thread.]

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
no no lets talk more about kickstarter some more

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

ZDR when you mentioned mobile site you mean it's a whole new site or it's just a responsive stylesheet?

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

Huge Lady Pleaser posted:

Even if it were done through the SA itself, people love watching bars fill up. Instead of throwing your money into a hole of unknown depth for a project, its nice to know how much is needed and how close you are to achieving a goal.

Just so we are all on the same page, redoing the forums is the definition of an hole of unknown depth.

If we didn't achieve the set goal, Lowtax would get no monies. I'd rather him get some of an unknown value than none of a known value.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Just so we are all on the same page, redoing the forums is the definition of an hole of unknown depth.

Does that make ZDR the goon in the well?

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

Angela Christine posted:

Does that make ZDR the goon in the well?

Yes, but he has no choice but too keep digging and home when the water comes he can swim.

Schurik
Sep 13, 2008

Fruits of the sea posted:

Schmorky

Radium

Someone link the Schmorky drama I only got the aftermath

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

Fruits of the sea posted:

Schmorky

Radium

Next thread:
Garbage day is so polite and full of love that he makes me look bad

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

HardDisk posted:

ZDR when you mentioned mobile site you mean it's a whole new site or it's just a responsive stylesheet?
From the sounds of things, it's an alternative stylesheet for when a mobile useragent is detected.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

StabbinHobo posted:

If it makes you feel any better lowtax, reading those chatlogs was like a flashback to dealing with half the web developers I've ever had to work with. Its always a ground up rewrite. In a new language. With a custom framework. Its always impossible to put scopes or timelines on anything.

Just be happy you only paid for one. My last job I watched a core crew of 5 of them act like a feedback loop on each other and blow well over $10M and two years on a total failure of a project that never had to be even 10% as hard as they made it.

You sound like you need your PMP and are a bad scrum master.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

zen death robot posted:

It's a bit more complex than just a stylesheet, there's different templates for the mobile site vs desktop but I can't say for sure how extensive it is because I'm not personally working on that

So this agile dev right? When's the first whatever.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

zen death robot posted:

I'm not personally working on that

So the yospos nerds have been recruited? Looking forward to hitting a [NICE] button and having a cat pic pop up!

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.
ZDR, were you a goon before Lowtax hired you? Just curious about how incestuous the place really is

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Sagebrush posted:

ZDR, were you a goon before Lowtax hired you? Just curious about how incestuous the place really is

ZDR spontaneously coalesced as a mystical karmic reaction to the existence of radium

Musket
Mar 19, 2008
kitchenremodel.txt

putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

BOY DO I SURE ENJOY TRASH. THERE'S NOTHING MORE I LOVE THAN TO SIT DOWN IN FRONT OF THE BIG SCREEN AND EAT A BIIIIG STEAMY BOWL OF SHIT. WARNER BROS CAN COME OVER TO MY HOUSE AND ASSFUCK MY MOM WHILE I WATCH AND I WOULD CERTIFY IT FRESH, NO QUESTION

The Kins posted:

From the sounds of things, it's an alternative stylesheet for when a mobile useragent is detected.

oh jesus christ

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
Yo ZDR can you make the user experience more.... *blows out cheeks, spreads hands apart*

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Next thread:
Garbage day is so polite and full of love that he makes me look bad

He seemed really nice the one time I emailed him wondering if a Ralp ban was legit. Wouldn't have minded re-regging, but he looked into it and overturned it no problem.

Every ban after that I totes deserved, so thankfully I've never bothered him again.

putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

BOY DO I SURE ENJOY TRASH. THERE'S NOTHING MORE I LOVE THAN TO SIT DOWN IN FRONT OF THE BIG SCREEN AND EAT A BIIIIG STEAMY BOWL OF SHIT. WARNER BROS CAN COME OVER TO MY HOUSE AND ASSFUCK MY MOM WHILE I WATCH AND I WOULD CERTIFY IT FRESH, NO QUESTION

Oberleutnant posted:

Yo ZDR can you make the user experience more.... *blows out cheeks, spreads hands apart*

id also like to see this web 5p oint oh feature thanks

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Oberleutnant posted:

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.
dear richard,

the forums loving suck today. everything is laggy. can you fix whatever's going on?

thanks.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
i keep getting my credt cards denied when i try to buy a new username so if u got 5+ Denys yesterday that was me.

idgi i got mad scrilla and i can spend it on other sites w/no problem but every times try to buy baby lowtax some lil feety pajamas i cant:(

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Sagebrush posted:

dear richard,

the forums loving suck today. everything is laggy. can you fix whatever's going on?

thanks.

They're pretty responsive on my end.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

they're working better now.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

It's true, goons will turn on you. We are a capricious bunch.

Twerkteam Pizza
Sep 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer
WHERE THE gently caress ARE MY TREES

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Twerkteam Pizza posted:

WHERE THE gently caress ARE MY TREES

I'll find my trees
Who took my trees
Who found my trees

Fuck da Mods
Jun 27, 2013

fina get poz'd? :cabot: :gizz: :baby:

:vince:

(simpler times)

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Gina McCarthy made us gay,
but we would not have met
had Biden not dropped his cones
:gaysper::frogbon:
To this day, there is no :lobsterhugs: - which is no loss, that emoticon money would be better spent on :radium:.

LadyAmbien
Oct 22, 2015

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

i keep getting my credt cards denied when i try to buy a new username so if u got 5+ Denys yesterday that was me.

idgi i got mad scrilla and i can spend it on other sites w/no problem but every times try to buy baby lowtax some lil feety pajamas i cant:(

I'm sorry! He's dealing with a new credit card fraud detection thingy right now because of that dipshit who keeps re-regging and crapping up GBS with like 35 garbage posts an hour, he should have the bugs worked out by tonight. Throw him a DM and maybe he can help you out!

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

LadyAmbien posted:

I'm sorry! He's dealing with a new credit card fraud detection thingy right now because of that dipshit who keeps re-regging and crapping up GBS with like 35 garbage posts an hour, he should have the bugs worked out by tonight. Throw him a DM and maybe he can help you out!

ZDR told me it was because i am an idiot that doesnt know my own address and that was true!

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

bring back old gbs posted:

ZDR told me it was because i am an idiot that doesnt know my own address and that was true!

This is the only site where I have to use my old address.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

LadyAmbien posted:

wait is that nutter using a stolen credit card or something?

because that would hilarious

• Locked thread