Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

So who wants to bet that Chronos guy is actually one of the crew from a different point in time?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!

Kammat posted:

THREE WEEKS?!

Guess they're syncing it up with the breaks for Arrow and Flash?

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand

muscles like this? posted:

So who wants to bet that Chronos guy is actually one of the crew from a different point in time?
I hope it's Mick!

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

I hope it's Hawkman and he's super pissed that Kendra is being hit on by Jax and Ray.

"Guys, we have to be careful of Savage. He's one guy. God forbid all of us jump him and then Kendra stabs him with the dagger. Let's send her alone instead."

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Thanks commercial for spoiling how long they're trapped in the past.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Lol Stein and Jax and Sarah. This show has some great characters. Too bad the plot is kinda iffy but the charm makes up for it.

FOR DAYS.

Edit: This normal Savage reminds me of the No Longer Insane Vandal Savage from 30,000 years in the future in Justice League. Oh wait nope still Crazy Cave Man.

Its Rinaldo fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Mar 11, 2016

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

muscles like this? posted:

Thanks commercial for spoiling how long they're trapped in the past.

Otoh, Looks like Sara visits Ra's and Kendra's getting training while Ray has to teach at a level far below what he's used to. At least the Time Lesbian won't be lonely.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Well, that was painfully racist. Par for the course, though.

E: I mean the time period, not the show.

Titan
Jan 14, 2002
Calling it now Rory is totally Chronos

I like that this show is more about how the characters act with each other but god drat they are incompetent. Just rush Savage and have Kendra stab him in the face.

Then again that could prevent us from having a sweet 1980s themed episode...

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

Bruceski posted:

Surprisingly I thought it looked less racist than it actually was at the time. I mean, they let Jackson sit at the counter next to a white girl.

Good episode though.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, they had to push it a little farther than was typically permitted just to let the characters be out and about (Ray and Kendra's cover was very much not a good idea), but they dealt with consequences so it works in a broad way.

Apparently tonight's episode was directed by Joe Dante.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I would watch the gently caress out of a show about Sara Lance travelling through time liberating/seducing women

The show really needs to quit with the random Chronos attacks. It's like Benny Hill.

Cute n Popular
Oct 12, 2012
*Trained by the league of assassins*
*gets caught off guard by a random nurse*

I'd watch a spin-off of Sara bumbling through the league's training and Nyssa begging headmaster Ras to pass her.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Can we for once have Savage survive due to something else than the teams incompetence?

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

Bruceski posted:

Yeah interactions between police and black men are so much better now.

I really like this show but we're 8 episodes into 16 episode season and there has been absolutely zero progress in their battle against Savage - in fact they've gone backwards and have actually helped him. Because now he's known about Rip's crew chasing him, and their powers/technology since 1958.

Or maybe that's the show's central time paradox - the Legends of Tomorrow are the reason Savage decided to, and was able to rule the world.

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"
This episode had a fun reference to Smallville: Savage's fake name, "Curtis Knox" was the name of the character played by Dean Cain on Smallville who was an immortal doctor guy that was basically Vandal Savage. The Smallville writers originally intended for Cain to play Savage himself, but for one reason or another (since apparently DC was planning on using Savage in a movie at the time that eventually fell through or something) DC nixed it so Smallville instead had Cain play a virtually identical immortal original character named "Curtis Knox."

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche
So technically Hawkgirl and Hawkman are Thanagarians, neat.

Good thing not-Bobba Fett had his death rifle set to stun at the end there!

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
The term serial killer didn't exist until the 70s

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

FELD1 posted:

Sara Lance: Time Lesbian

Want this show.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

It'd make a nice crossover with The 100.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

FELD1 posted:

Sara Lance: Time Lesbian

In a predestination paradox, Sara traveled to ancient Greece and invented lesbianism.

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005
It kills me that this show has a higher rating than iZombie.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Dead Snoopy posted:

It kills me that this show has a higher rating than iZombie.

This show is (or at least should be) schlocky fun

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.

computer parts posted:

It'd make a nice crossover with The 100.

Just don't tell Tumblr that there's a bisexual character on this show too. It didn't go well with 'The 100'

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

FELD1 posted:

Just don't tell Tumblr that there's a bisexual character on this show too. It didn't go well with 'The 100'

Being into guys was just a phase for her.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
She switched back to Ollie pretty quick after being fed from the league

Stayne Falls
Aug 11, 2007
Everything was beautiful
I am enjoying 80% of this show, but I think the problem is that the scripts must have only gone through one or a couple passes at most.

When Jax got pulled over the by cop, I literally said to myself, "Don't do that. You're a black guy, with a young white girl in your car, bleeding. You're going to die." That's basically what Jax said two seconds later. My surface-level reaction shouldn't have been something the lead in the scene had to verbalize, especially not without adding an extra layer to it.

It just wouldn't have been that hard to have a script doc go over them a few more times to punch it up, is all I'm sayin'.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche
We're getting a season 2! :woop:

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

Sweet, here's hoping they switch the cast up (keeping a few).

Mortanis
Dec 28, 2005

It's your father's lightsaber. This is the weapon of a Jedi Knight.
College Slice
Come on, Constantine! I want Matt Ryan and Arthur Darvill out-Englishing each other every episode.

I hope they don't change up the cast too much. I like pretty much everyone now.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

FELD1 posted:

So where was the outrage when they killed Sarah off?

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Oh my god they still didn't transform into Firestorm even with Chronos blowing up the ship! At this point it has to be a recurring joke by the writers, or Victor Garber has the world's best agent making sure he is not relegated to doing voice overs most of the episode.

Burning_Monk posted:

Sweet, here's hoping they switch the cast up (keeping a few).

I'm torn between wanting to see Snart every week and wanting him to appear on Flash more next season.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

FELD1 posted:

But enough about Constantine next season.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

Lol if you think there are so many bisexual characters out there that Tumblr couldn't keep track of them on one hand

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Season two will be terrible without Snart since he's doing another show. He's the only thing worth watching on this one.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

Rhyno posted:

So where was the outrage when they killed Sarah off?

Which time?

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

X-O posted:

Season two will be terrible without Snart since he's doing another show. He's the only thing worth watching on this one.
From my understanding, both Wentworth and Dominic (who plays Heatwave) will be going straight into shooting Prison Break after Legends of Tomorrow wraps up. So while there's no feasible way for them to be in the beginning of the season (or on Flash for that matter) there may be a chance later on since PB is only doing 10 episodes.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

X-O posted:

Sarah's been pretty awesome since the first episode, I wouldn't mind her staying. Same goes for Stein, really. I... I think I even like Ray at this point, too. But not Kendra, she can go. Then they'll need to find more female superheroes to even things out.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

I think sometimes there can be too much of a good thing, ie too much Snart. We haven't reached that point yet of course, but if he keeps working with the team he's inevitably going to get nicer and nicer, and we can't have him being that nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man
I would much rather have Snart go back to being a recurring villain on The Flash than stay on for LoT season 2. He can get replaced by Matt Ryan's Constantine.

• Locked thread