Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Geektox posted:

Priyanka Chopra is 33 years old and her first western film is going to be Baywatch with The Rock, so she definitely hasn't played "young Indian woman" in anything?

You know, I thought she was someone else. Oops.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

milward
Nov 5, 2009

I picked up Downtown Showdown and it was a fun litte game so far. I am only lvl 13 and have only expanded twice so far but I like that building afect each other, reminds me of that pyramid game.

I need some friends if anyone is still playing: 171-212-2514

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

9 hour flight with my fiancé coming up on Friday this week. What games are there that 1.) have hotseat pass-and-play multiplayer and 2.) don't require an internet connection?

I imagine there are a couple board/card games that fulfill this requirement but I don't know of any for certain.

Coldbird
Jul 17, 2001

be spiritless

milward posted:

I picked up Downtown Showdown and it was a fun litte game so far. I am only lvl 13 and have only expanded twice so far but I like that building afect each other, reminds me of that pyramid game.

I need some friends if anyone is still playing: 171-212-2514

I'm 216-111-8975, added you. I don't think we'll start a goon clan any time soon, but I don't see a real need to be in clans thus far.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Drone posted:

9 hour flight with my fiancé coming up on Friday this week. What games are there that 1.) have hotseat pass-and-play multiplayer and 2.) don't require an internet connection?

I imagine there are a couple board/card games that fulfill this requirement but I don't know of any for certain.

Galaxy trucker. Pass and play ship building. Watch the screen together as the game happens.

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

Drone posted:

Carcasonne should work for you guys. Its very fun but also accessible if your fiancé is not a hardcore gamer.

Star Realms has hotseat, too, I believe. I havent played it, though, so i cant recommend or steer you away.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."

Drone posted:

I think Worms 2 and 3 have hotseat multiplayer (but not Worms 4 for some reason).

mrkillboy fucked around with this message at 14:32 on Mar 8, 2016

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Bombadilillo posted:

Galaxy trucker. Pass and play ship building. Watch the screen together as the game happens.

This worked well for me on a recent flight, but you're going to want more than one game for something longer than 2 or 3 hours.

80 days was a lot of fun to play together, especially if you make sure to take different routes each time.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

SeaTard posted:

This worked well for me on a recent flight, but you're going to want more than one game for something longer than 2 or 3 hours.

80 days was a lot of fun to play together, especially if you make sure to take different routes each time.

I definitely recommend 80 Days. So good.

Antifreeze Head
Jun 6, 2005

It begins
Pillbug

Drone posted:

Pandemic also fits. It is co-op where you play against the board and has a solid tutorial. There's also enough randomization that each game will be significantly different from the one previous.

Carcassonne is fun, and I clearly like it, but I'm not sure nine hours of it would be a good thing. And once you know the optimal play style, it becomes kinda samey. Plays fast though, you should be able to crack off a match in the vanilla game in less than 10 minutes.

EDIT: Oh, and PataNoir if you feel like solving a hard boiled text adventure together.

Antifreeze Head fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Mar 8, 2016

Dancer
May 23, 2011

Drone posted:

Most board game adaptations will work great specifically for this. Galaxy Trucker was already mentioned and it's amazing. Carcasonne is nice, and can be varied enough if you turn expansions on and off. Ticket to Ride I personally find a bit boring but it's fairly popular (and trains are great). There's Neuroshima Hex if you're both into tactical gameplay (and the not-board tactical games Outwitters and Greed Corp). Condado is free I believe, and is an adaptation of San Juan

In the vein of 80 days, you may also be interested in the Sorcery games.

Finally, this is not hotseat, it's real time, Slingshot Racing can be lots of fun in short bursts.

Rapner
May 7, 2013

Shwqa posted:

Dude if you aren't friends with the rock on Facebook, I don't know what you are doing with you life.

Coincidentally this is actually a good way to keep up with what The Rock is cooking.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Rapner posted:

Coincidentally this is actually a good way to keep up with what The Rock is cooking.

That is answer is mostly tilapia.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Hoping to grab a taste of that sweet Hearthstone/Clash Royale pie, EA have put out Plants vs Zombies Heroes, a card-based lane defense game. Currently it's in soft launch only in New Zealand, with a wider release expected later on.

Rovio have also got a new game in soft launch, a boat-based MOBA called Battle Bay which has nothing to do with Angry Birds. It actually looks kind of cool.

mrkillboy fucked around with this message at 07:26 on Mar 11, 2016

Dr. Video Games 0050
Nov 28, 2007
Tried Battle Bay for a few minutes and I like it. Doesn't seem to be cross device play which sucks.

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!
And as always: Kill Hitler.

mrkillboy posted:

Wizards and Wagons is a new fantasy trading game with tower defence elements which looks quite interesting. Its gotten a couple of good reviews on iOS.

Alright, I got $5 from going to Chili's and driving by Home Depot so I'm going to give this a shot.

Blight Runner
May 3, 2009
Hitman GO is 99 cents today. Just picked it up this morning. Hitman Sniper is 99 cents as well.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Blight Runner posted:

Hitman GO is 99 cents today. Just picked it up this morning. Hitman Sniper is 99 cents as well.

I bought Go with the last remaining balance from my Google Wallet.... and THEN they show that Sniper is on sale, which I would have gotten instead, having already played some of Go on iOS. Then again, I haven't beaten Go, so maybe I did the right thing anyway.

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!
And as always: Kill Hitler.

Malek posted:

Alright, I got $5 from going to Chili's and driving by Home Depot so I'm going to give this a shot.

Woof, this wasn't for me. I'm out.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.
How come you guys never told me about agar.io?

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

vulturesrow posted:

Oh, did they bring that to Android? I didn't know.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

vulturesrow posted:

Why aren't you telling us about it? I have no clue what the gently caress that is.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

Trastion posted:

Why aren't you telling us about it? I have no clue what the gently caress that is.

It's the game that house of cards was shilling this season.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

uPen posted:

It's the game that house of cards was shilling this season.

Nice parallel between the player 'character' and Frank, though.

thehoodie
Feb 8, 2011

"Eat something made with love and joy - and be forgiven"

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Nice parallel between the player 'character' and Frank, though.

Yeah it was one of the better uses of product placement that I've seen. Better than that stupid princess game or whatever he was playing in Season 3.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

thehoodie posted:

Yeah it was one of the better uses of product placement that I've seen. Better than that stupid princess game or whatever he was playing in Season 3.

Weird, I don't remember that one, just CoD.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

uPen posted:

... house of cards ...

Well that explains why I don't know what it is but I still don't know what it is other than a game which I already figured since he was posting in the game thread.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Trastion posted:

Well that explains why I don't know what it is but I still don't know what it is other than a game which I already figured since he was posting in the game thread.

It's a small game where you're a circle, you consume smaller circles and can be consumed by larger circles, and every circle you see is another real player. It was out waaaay before House of Cards mentioned it.

Easily google-able, not just due to its unique name, but it's pretty popular.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
Same but Osmos

thehoodie
Feb 8, 2011

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Weird, I don't remember that one, just CoD.

Oh it's Monument Valley, which I have never played so it might be good but who knows.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

thehoodie posted:

Oh it's Monument Valley, which I have never played so it might be good but who knows.

Monument Valley is very good. A bit short but still very much worth the money. Including the expansion.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Monument Valley is very good. A bit short but still very much worth the money. Including the expansion.

Seconding this recommendation.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

thehoodie posted:

It was alright, I think it suffered from a problem in a lot of mobile puzzle games, where you just mash around the screen until it does what you want.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!

SIR FAT JONY IVES posted:

It was alright, I think it suffered from a problem in a lot of mobile puzzle games, where you just mash around the screen until it does what you want.

Maybe if you're a toddler. Controls seemed perfectly smooth to me.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Monument Valley is a good looking game, and a good timewaster, but it's kind of a bad puzzle game. It's kind of like an old adventure game, except instead of figuring out which item combination you need or guessing the verb to type in Monument Valley you just need to figure out which part of the stage you need to interact with. It's rather straightforward that way, even into the expansion. I do still recommend it as it is beautiful and some of the stages unfold in really novel and entertaining ways.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

Potsticker posted:

Monument Valley is a good looking game, and a good timewaster, but it's kind of a bad puzzle game. It's kind of like an old adventure game, except instead of figuring out which item combination you need or guessing the verb to type in Monument Valley you just need to figure out which part of the stage you need to interact with. It's rather straightforward that way, even into the expansion. I do still recommend it as it is beautiful and some of the stages unfold in really novel and entertaining ways.

This exacty. Once you find the piece that moves you just spin it a bunch until it all works out. It never gets challenging. Just like the old Lucasart pixel hunting games, which I liked, but mostly just boiled down to trying to figure out how to use the flashlight on the donkey to get the car keys to open the shower lock etc.

sethsez
Jul 14, 2006

He's soooo dreamy...

Monument Valley is a puzzle game where the puzzles are neither difficult nor interesting. If the aesthetic is your thing then it certainly has that going for it, but otherwise I don't really get the appeal.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat
Anyone in Space Grunts figure out what the secret door that the alien artifact opens looks like? I have one, and my detector is saying a secret room is nearby, but the artifact doesn't do anything.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority
Everybody please get Spaceteam (it's free), make your IRL friends/family get Spaceteam, and play Spaceteam with them. I just played a round with my girlfriend and it was a loving blast.

It's local co-op only. Basically, you're on a spaceship that is falling apart and you're trying to fix it before you get sucked into a black hole. Everybody has a bunch of nonsensical ship systems on their screen, and the game will display instructions like "Set flipwasher to stun" and whoever has the flipwasher controls has to do that. But that person usually won't get the instruction on their screen, so whoever does get it has to tell them to do it. It starts out easy enough, but in the later rounds the instructions come rapid-fire along with events like asteroids and wormholes that need everybody to shake or flip their device (or both), and your controls will get hosed up by aliens or ship damage or whatever, so before long it turns into a room of people frantically screaming at each other.

Basically, imagine the Enterprise being operated by the cast of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia.

Here'a a video of some random people playing it:
https://youtu.be/FD_SbJCQovU?t=1m38s

It's free, and supports cross-platform Android/iOS play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thehoodie
Feb 8, 2011

Looks pretty cool but it says it doesn't work on my device? I have a Galaxy S6 so I don't see why it shouldn't. Unless they only want big screens or something