Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

Mr. Nice! posted:

Check the lodestone site about account creation restrictions and attempt to make a character at the times listed. There will be open windows but they are small. I got in at 5 EST on a Saturday for my roommates character. It's possible you just need to believe.

I got my character made, had to refresh the "allowed" list a couple times

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer

ChickenWing posted:

Welcome to Excalibur! Join goons, have fun.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

ChickenWing posted:

Congrats!

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
I think it's inevitable that every time I run a dungeon for the first time, usually as a tank because fast queues and most forgiving in terms of mechanics, all the MNK gear drops. It's like the game is trying to hint at something.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It means that many monks have passed through there and died, and the dungeon residents have been carrying their gear around as a trophy.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

Tortolia posted:

Welcome to Excalibur! Join goons, have fun.

That's step 3. Step 2 is getting ahold of my fiancee so that I can make her character too :v:

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

ChickenWing posted:

That's step 3. Step 2 is getting ahold of my fiancee so that I can make her character too :v:

What's your name in game?

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

Tokyo Sexwhale posted:

What's your name in game?

Matheusz Alamyr

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

ApplesandOranges posted:

I think it's inevitable that every time I run a dungeon for the first time, usually as a tank because fast queues and most forgiving in terms of mechanics, all the MNK gear drops. It's like the game is trying to hint at something.

I had a run of Vault while leveling Paladin where I swear the entire goddamn Monk set dropped.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

ApplesandOranges posted:

This happened to me as MCH. Half of the drops were WHM/SCH or MNK.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Just tried to tank Library with a SMN in my group who only spammed Ruin III til he ran out of mana. No dots. Any time we tried to explain what he was doing wrong he just said 'lol shut up'.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

It's his $15, he's playing the game the way he wants to play it. What are you, an elitist?

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

ChickenWing posted:

Welcome to hell nerd.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Verranicus posted:

Just tried to tank Library with a SMN in my group who only spammed Ruin III til he ran out of mana. No dots. Any time we tried to explain what he was doing wrong he just said 'lol shut up'.
After the second time I would have votekicked him for Harassment, since he's telling you to shut up the GMs won't take action because he clearly is harassing you :v:

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Aphrodite posted:

It means that many monks have passed through there and died, and the dungeon residents have been carrying their gear around as a trophy.

:agreed:

About 70% of the drops I've seen in Antitower and Lost City HM has been DRG gear.

Talmonis
Jun 24, 2012
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

Digital_Jesus posted:

Welcome to hell nerd.

Hell? Some of the best time is spent playing with the wife....Ithankyou. :rimshot:

jellycat
Nov 5, 2012

it's a nice day
I ran Void Ark about 12 or so times over the course of a few weeks and the tank helmet didn't drop once. Then 3.2 hit, I was swimming in Esos, got the DRK helmet, and guess what dropped the next time I ran Void Ark!

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

Digital_Jesus posted:

Welcome to hell nerd.

yeah missed the boat on this one. Hyperion is full AF already I guess. Looks like no catgirling until tomorrow when I inevitably wake up at stupid in the morning.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

ApplesandOranges posted:

I had a full set of Plague Doctor and Plague Bringer gear through sheer greeding the last EXDR. I didn't even have a caster at 60 and I had a full set of swank gear waiting for them!

Antitower and Lost City HM are kind of doing the same thing, only I'm winning greeds less.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
Is Shiva EX notoriously difficult? The party wiped like 10 times. DPS was low during the add phase which is weird, because it was me, a Dragoon, and two Black Mages.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
At least you won't run out of Ventures anytime soon!

Honestly, if it wasn't for the beast tribe materia free money train, EXDR greeding would be my best source of income.

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

SonicRulez posted:

Is Shiva EX notoriously difficult? The party wiped like 10 times. DPS was low during the add phase which is weird, because it was me, a Dragoon, and two Black Mages.

shiva ex is one of the easiest, if not THE easiest ex primal

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Velthice posted:

By far the hardest mechanic is getting an emote to freeze at the right time.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Velthice posted:

Must've just been a weird party then. drat the Duty Finder. Is Ifrit not the easier EX primal? I don't exactly remember him, Garuda, and Titan, but I know Titan was a bitch.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Titan Normal popped for LDR today and it was amazing how much... easier it was. I didn't even remember that they'd toned down the mechanics for Normal that much.

I mean it's still unforgiving in lag or if people have no idea how the fight works, but people going in with the mindset of 'oh hey, don't stand in glowy zones and kill new targets first' won't find it that bad.

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

SonicRulez posted:

Must've just been a weird party then. drat the Duty Finder. Is Ifrit not the easier EX primal? I don't exactly remember him, Garuda, and Titan, but I know Titan was a bitch.

Ifrit will happily wipe stupid df groups all day long for pushing him over into his enrage, and he gives you several opportunities to let this happen. Same thing can also happen in levi ex. Shiva is literally, hit her until she dies with the only fail=wipe check being the adds.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

I dunno, Garuda EX melts pretty hilariously fast these days. But I guess technically speaking she has more deadly mechanics than Shiva does.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer
Shiva EX is completely trivial if the tank knows how to properly position her, else it goes south quickly and repeatedly.

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
One time the tank in our shiva ex party that my dumb fc leader roped into doing endless loving runs for her weapon had enough and started turning the sword stance on the party :v: or stave. The one you're not meant to split damage on. Its been a while.

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

Ignimbrite posted:

One time the tank in our shiva ex party that my dumb fc leader roped into doing endless loving runs for her weapon had enough and started turning the sword stance on the party :v: or stave. The one you're not meant to split damage on. Its been a while.

Bow will completely murder anyone it hits. It was probably that. Sword is split damage, staff is just a bunch of aoes

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

The third fracture I would do away with...I can't, sorry.

F R A C T U R E
When I want solid information on 2 year old primal fights I make the SA thread my top priority.

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Sword has a split damage attack right at the beginning, and then a number of other attacks that should either hit only the tank or nobody at all. (And I guess the knockback too but it barely tickles.)

And yes, Shiva was probably the easiest ex primal at her time of relevance. She's the only one for whom I've seen PF farm groups (and even DF groups) have a reasonably good success rate with. I guess they were all right with Garuda and Leviathan too in their respective days.

NB that for all level 50 ex primals, you will have a much less aggravating time if you put yourself in party finder for an unsync run and advertise newbie bonus poetics, as opposed to trying to clear it at level 50 via duty finder.

In some cases, like Leviathan and Ramuh, you'll have an easier time mechanically if you furthermore only look for 4-5 people total instead of 8. (This cuts down on chaotic Leviathan phase pushing from too much DPS, and makes Ramuh zapping much easier to coordinate.)

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

Vil posted:

Leviathan

hahahahahahaha

Edit: pretend I have a .gif here of three people and two corpses sliding off the stage during the first arena tilt after the barricades go down. THAT was the Leviathan PF experience during its heyday.

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

Quote =/= edit

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

fount of knowledge posted:

hahahahahahaha

Edit: pretend I have a .gif here of three people and two corpses sliding off the stage during the first arena tilt after the barricades go down. THAT was the Leviathan PF experience during its heyday.

Turns out that is still the Levi EX experience when mentor roulette is feeling saucy and dumps you onto the Whorleater.

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

I farmed the poo poo out of Leviathan in its heyday. PF was definitely a bit hit or miss, but people in farm parties were still largely competent at staying on the boat (or they slid off every single time and got replaced after a few rounds).

It may be that Balmung players were just better than Excalibur players at looking around to know their surroundings, out of practice from not getting caught ERPing. :v:

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

Vil posted:

It may be that Balmung players were just better than Excalibur players at looking around to know their surroundings, out of practice from not getting caught ERPing. :v:

Everything I've heard about Balmung players implies that they don't care if they get caught ERPing because they just do it in the adventurer's guild in Ul'dah where everyone can see

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Meiteron posted:

Vortexer is like the easiest of the four to execute. As long as you have a breakdown of how the mechanics work the fight is literally just putting your three way marks in their appropriate places and then individually telling your members "you stand HERE and then you stand HERE and then you stand HERE". The biggest sticking point my group ever had was getting the positioning for ice pools down pat because it's actually pretty tight.

If anything I'd say A6S has exactly the kind of difficulty I would expect from a hard progression raid because it conforms to the Dark Souls style of difficulty that was most of coil - while learning to execute mechanics, it's chaotic and blows up easily. Once you know it, nothing ever really changes, and flawless performance becomes easy. I saw that pattern on every single robot as we were running through it.

The biggest bitch in that fight is front-loaded with loving Blaster and his loving charging mirage fuckers. gently caress. Profanity. At least if a DPS or two gets caught out in the first charge it actually doesn't affect the run as a whole too badly.

So, Bugdad Ex again, you say? :v:

bleuraindrops posted:

It's super easy to stance dance as WAR. Like Fister said, tank stance for trash pulls, dps stance on bosses after you have hate. And no, no group is going to yell at you for not stance dancing unless you're in tank stance as OT that's awful.

If you really want to endear healers to you, pop a cooldown while you're in Deliverance to at least keep yourself roughly as tanky.

Xenoveritas
May 9, 2010
Dinosaur Gum

Thundarr posted:

Turns out that is still the Levi EX experience when mentor roulette is feeling saucy and dumps you onto the Whorleater.

Nah, that's just the game not so subtly telling you that you shouldn't bother running Mentor Roulette since apparently the lousy reward for doing it wasn't enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

Ifrit EX is the easiest fight. Just bring a MCH.

• Locked thread