Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

TheWhiteNightmare posted:

What kind of fancy feast buying mother fucker spends over $100 a month on a cat

groceries from whole foods are just healthier

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Pets are expensive as gently caress.

Food
Litter
Vaccinations
Flea/tick poo poo
Registration fees/taxes (some places, you will get fined hard as gently caress if you don't register them and sent to criminal rather than civil court if you don't pay)

$100/mo is probably under reporting by a significant amount.

Note: I don't own pets personally. Far more hassle than they are worth and it really sucks when they die.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Not getting a pet because you don't want to be sad when it dies is about as millennial as it gets, dude

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Yeah it's not like I stopped having kids just because they die every few years. It might be a short experience but it's well worth it.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

radiatinglines posted:

Not getting a pet because you don't want to be sad when it dies is about as millennial as it gets, dude
That's not why I don't have one though. I just don't see why I'd get one in the first place when it's guaranteed to take up time/money and doesn't do anything positive for me. I can't even relate to why other people get pets even though I kind of understand why they do.

If I had a significant other or kids who wanted pets I'd get them. Like I don't mind pets, I don't neglect them, and I give them attention because it'd be a dick move not to for a living being that relies on you. There's just nothing pushing me toward getting one. It just seems like a bad choice all around.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Mar 11, 2016

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Khorne posted:

Pets are expensive as gently caress.

Food
Litter
Vaccinations
Flea/tick poo poo
Registration fees/taxes (some places, you will get fined hard as gently caress if you don't register them and sent to criminal rather than civil court if you don't pay)

$100/mo is probably under reporting by a significant amount.

Note: I don't own pets personally. Far more hassle than they are worth and it really sucks when they die.

Maybe if you did have a cat you'd realize that a bag of decent dry food and a thing of litter is like $30 a month and shots last 3 years+ and only cost like $60 anyway

Registering a cat in my city is $40 for a lifetime

Tbh the number would make sense if it was including a pet rent fee

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

My local pet store sells these refrigerated food pouches for dogs, like the hamburger that you can get in a tube except it has veggies in it and costs five bucks. That, twice a day, for a month, is a lot of drat money for a dog.

People will pay crazy amts for their pets

thoughts and prayers
Apr 22, 2013

Love heals all wounds. We hope you continually carry love in your heart. Today and always, may loving memories bring you peace, comfort, and strength. We sympathize with the family of (Name). We shall never forget you in our prayers and thoughts. I am at a loss for words during this sorrowful time.

Khorne posted:

That's not why I don't have one though. I just don't see why I'd get one in the first place when it's guaranteed to take up time/money and doesn't do anything positive for me. I can't even relate to why other people get pets even though I kind of understand why they do.

That's not millennial, that's spergy.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I've trained my dogs to go into the woods at night and hunt for prey on their own, it is totally free and now I can spend the extra cash on anime instead

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
I have a pet rock

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Maybe if you did have a cat you'd realize that a bag of decent dry food and a thing of litter is like $30 a month and shots last 3 years+ and only cost like $60 anyway

Registering a cat in my city is $40 for a lifetime

Tbh the number would make sense if it was including a pet rent fee
you're forgetting items such as toys, vet appointments, and in some cases, property damage because young pets are usually assholes

ColoradoCleric
Dec 26, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Is $200 an ounce of weed a month too much?

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I spend 300 dollars a month on traincrafting and sword mastery

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

ColoradoCleric posted:

Is $200 an ounce of weed a month too much?

that's some pretty lovely weed, m'man

HoboNews
Oct 11, 2012

Don't rattle me bones
I build a new gaming PC every year, and throw the old one out. That's how I stay at the peak of gaming technology

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

symbolic posted:

you're forgetting items such as toys, vet appointments, and in some cases, property damage because young pets are usually assholes

No, I'm not

mrking
May 27, 2006

There's No Limit To What We Can't Accomplish

Khorne posted:

Far more hassle than they are worth and it really sucks when they die.

I don't eat apples because eventually they become a core and wtf do you do with that? can't throw it out the window cause thats littering

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

It's easy to laugh at broke millennials' spending habits, but young people just watched the global economy tank and are still having trouble finding good jobs. If that unemployed girl wants to eat fancy takeout and get her hair done then great I'm glad she's enjoying her life.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
Pets are cool and good.

They make expensive pet food for idiots with too much money. Normal people buy the normal priced pet food.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
you want a normal pet you poor bitch??

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

lol buying that normal rear end dog food your dog is gonna need doggy therapy too bad you're too poor to afford it lmfao

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

i hired a live in chef for my shih tzpoo, lol, sometimes i get Maria (that's her name) to make my mom some food too, she lives upstairs in my old bedroom because she has MS

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Fitzy Fitz posted:

It's easy to laugh at broke millennials' spending habits, but young people just watched the global economy tank and are still having trouble finding good jobs. If that unemployed girl wants to eat fancy takeout and get her hair done then great I'm glad she's enjoying her life.

The average non-mortgage household debt in :canada: is around $20k or something. As much as I like taking the piss out of millennials this isn't a problem specific to them. There's plenty of people out there that figure that they're entitled to something whether or not they have the cash to pay for it.

thathonkey posted:

Pets are cool and good.

They make expensive pet food for idiots with too much money. Normal people buy the normal priced pet food.

I just buy some cheap dry food. I've got an aunt that loving bakes her dogs poo poo like turkey or lamb. One is hilariously overweight for its size and the other is the same age as my dog but has lost all his front teeth. People need to realize that these things are animals and don't give a poo poo if you give it a leg of lamb or dry kibble.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

nomadologique posted:

lol buying that normal rear end dog food your dog is gonna need doggy therapy too bad you're too poor to afford it lmfao

lol if your dog food bag doesn't have a wolf glowering at you

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

1500quidporsche posted:

People need to realize that these things are animals and don't give a poo poo if you give it a leg of lamb or dry kibble.

you need to realize it's not about the pet, it's about the owner

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Decrepus posted:

lol if your dog food bag doesn't have a wolf glowering at you

Everybody secretly wishes to be killed and eaten by their pet

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I am inclined to laugh at those people until I realize how much I have in common with them. Except the girl who makes 130,000 a year and blows 3/4 of it on god knows what. She can marry me if she wants tho.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Anyone that gives their pets delicately flavored food has never tried one of the treats that they go crazy for. They're utterly flavorless.

Yes I have tried dog food, Beggin' Strips smell so drat good in my defense.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Anyone that gives their pets delicately flavored food has never tried one of the treats that they go crazy for. They're utterly flavorless.

Yes I have tried dog food, Beggin' Strips smell so drat good in my defense.
what is it with 2013 regs and eating like pigs

first i heard about Clochette's floor pizza the other day, now this

3 A.M. Radio
Nov 5, 2003

Workin' too hard can give me
A heart attACK-ACK-ACK-ACK-ACK-ACK!
You oughtta' know by now...

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

I read a couple online articles on it, apparently the kids really liked it and the parents were confused but thought it was ok, I did see some pictures of kids running around wearing masks the furries lent them. Oh and anybody dressed as a griffin got mobbed due to it being a popular monster in Syria and many other Islamic countries. One furry did apologize for trying to crawl through a window with some forties that was housing a family, because the day before it had been a party room.

From what I've seen, this is generally the attitude most people have that don't know what a furry is. There's a kid that would walk around my home town, dressed up in his suit. Around Halloween last year I was taking my nephews trick or treating, and I found the kid standing on a street corner, waving at everybody. All the kids were crowding around him, and the parents thought it was a cute costume.

I was the jerk adult, and I made my nephews keep walking. They'll thank me when they're older.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

symbolic posted:

what is it with 2013 regs and eating like pigs

first i heard about Clochette's floor pizza the other day, now this

Yes it is because I'm gobbling down the B-stripz (as we call them) on the reg and not because I had dogs

Rod Munch
Jul 17, 2001

I don't have many millennial anecdotes, but one that worked at the same company as me spent like $4K on two cats. So probably that person.

polio king
Jun 19, 2004

thathonkey posted:

lol at that shoddy rear end chop stick usage

clearly she's no native

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Yes it is because I'm gobbling down the B-stripz (as we call them) on the reg and not because I had dogs
you still ate dog food for no reason other than "it smelled good"

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Officer Farva posted:

From what I've seen, this is generally the attitude most people have that don't know what a furry is. There's a kid that would walk around my home town, dressed up in his suit. Around Halloween last year I was taking my nephews trick or treating, and I found the kid standing on a street corner, waving at everybody. All the kids were crowding around him, and the parents thought it was a cute costume.

I was the jerk adult, and I made my nephews keep walking. They'll thank me when they're older.
I assume most people, especially those who don't speak english, would think it's some tradeshow for people who dress up in costumes at theme parks/for whatever reason.

How wrong they are.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

symbolic posted:

you still ate dog food for no reason other than "it smelled good"

There was an entire GBS thread dedicated to people youtubing themeselves eating pet food. I think it was to get some shill banned but for fucks sake.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

i don't wanna get the cheapest cat food, i bet its all lovely cartilage and stuff. I get slightly more expensive stuff so my cat gets all her nutrition and lives a long healthy life. you can't just feed an animal dry food, thats hosed up

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

my cats were unwanted gifts so ive been feeding them only dry iams in a gravity feeder for close to 16 years and they're just fine

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
all the pets ive ever had have eaten dry food and theyve lived long healthy lives sry if you convinced yourself you need to buy expensive food to provide a dog or car with that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

My poo poo pf a cat, I punch frequently. She is a oval office.

• Locked thread