Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Firebert posted:

e: the solution is as easy as 'glitterlance does reduced damage to minions' but they are too stupid to do it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xyretire
May 22, 2003
Lickin' the Gun.

Servaetes posted:

Totally fair, I haven't seen pro league in the past three or so weeks. Shiv just seems odd on him given the whole perk is waveclear? I swore shiv did pretty low damage to champs.

Shiv damage can crit and is pretty good since they buffed it a patch or two ago. To compare, Shiv is 50-120 compared to Firecannon's 50-160. With IE + Shiv your bonus damage from the Shiv will crit 40% of the time for 125-300 damage to champions. With any decent amount of crit it seems like Shiv's expected damage output to champions is actually higher now.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Xyretire posted:

With IE + Shiv your bonus damage from the Shiv will crit 40% of the time

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Shiv also seems really good on Jhin because it sets up his canister for quick wave clear.

Xyretire
May 22, 2003
Lickin' the Gun.

Oops, but yeah that actually just pushes the Shiv's expected damage higher than the Firecannon's more than before.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Yeah and another thing to realize is that rfc's bonus range is percentage based on your attack range, meaning that lower range ad carries get less out of it

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler

PICK A DIMENSION, BARD, YOU'RE CONFUSING THEM

Xyretire
May 22, 2003
Lickin' the Gun.

henkman posted:

Yeah and another thing to realize is that rfc's bonus range is percentage based on your attack range, meaning that lower range ad carries get less out of it

This only barely affects Graves, Urgot and low level mini-Gnar for ranged auto attackers. Everyone else with a ranged AA has at least 430 range to get the maximum +150 range bonus. Graves and Urgot are sitting at 425 range and get +148.75 bonus range from the proc.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Does face of the mountain active proc windspeaker's blessing?

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
This is how I feel about league right now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45lB-fyB87Y

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

don't

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler
im in a promo series for i think silver IV

got here after about a week of barding

already won one, time to try to carry my teams kicking and screaming to victory from support

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Sperglord Firecock posted:

im in a promo series for i think silver IV

got here after about a week of barding

already won one, time to try to carry my teams kicking and screaming to victory from support

godspeed bard main

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Killed By Death posted:

Jhin has been picked 10 times in competitive. 6 of those games were by Rekkles, who goes Shiv 2nd every game. Pray, S1mLz, Sneaky and Ssol each played 1 game each of Jhin. Pray/S1mLz went Shiv 2nd, Ssol and Sneaky went RFC.

But more importantly:
gently caress YOU TOO RIOT :mad:
Nerfing her utility while leaving her waveclear is the exact wrong way to nerf her imo

E: As I write this post Rekkles locks in Jhin again, lol

I thought people hate Lulu because she is literally unkillable

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Servaetes posted:

Totally fair, I haven't seen pro league in the past three or so weeks. Shiv just seems odd on him given the whole perk is waveclear? I swore shiv did pretty low damage to champs.

Shiv isn't only the "wave clear" item. I feel like that's a common misconception since the item has been introduced. It's good on many ADCs who already have excellent wave clear. It gives you an up-front first shot burst that is solid, that damage is magic so it creates problems for people who don't have mixed defensive itemization, and that damage can crit which can really surprise people on openers. It's competitive with all of the other choices, and the extra help with wave clear is a nice bonus on top of that other really good stuff, not the primary driver for buying it.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Servaetes posted:

Which of the zeal line gives the most movespeed? I ask because RFC seems to be the premier thing for Jhin but if it's been hit again I'd imagine PD would be the next best thing

ghostblade

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Did the Jarvan and Vi buffs actually do anything to make them good again? I've taken a break during the reign of boring tanky right click junglers (ie Udyr, Shyv, and Voli being like 40% of all junglers played and all having gross winrates) and I'm hoping something finally breaks it.

E: Aurelion Sol is the sassiest mofo ever and I love it.

Magres fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Mar 11, 2016

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy
speaking of gays here's a quote from one of my favourite books on the hiv/aids epidemic

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Thanks for the posts on adc items all. Super helpful and informative stuff which has been super clear. I'm go ogling about at the new masteries, christ this game has changed.

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler
i would love to figure out how i am supposed to jhin efficiently

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Hope the enemy assassins never notice that you actually exist and keep your support shackled within a 5 teemo distance at all time.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Stay back far as gently caress, pick with your ult, use your w to let your team follow up. If you get into the range of the real fight. , play carefully.

You can also watch the ROX vs SBE game for really good next level jhin poo poo https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BoOxwPmIjKM&t=6m12s

BigLeafyTree
Oct 21, 2010

Flipswitch posted:

Thanks for the posts on adc items all. Super helpful and informative stuff which has been super clear. I'm go ogling about at the new masteries, christ this game has changed.

Imo, ADC masteries are basically:
-Fervor is good to great on everyone, even better if you're getting a Hurricane, and stupid good on Kog.
-Deathfire whatever is good on Jhin and nobody else.
-Thunderlord's is a lane dominator mastery
-The one that makes you run fast after doing 30% damage or whatever is possibly good? Nobody's picking it though I think
-Some people have experimented with tank masteries on Graves for example with Strength of Ages. 300 HP (and more from the tree) is a solid chunk of beef for a role that buys minimal defenses and is prone to getting popped. Could be interesting but sounds niche as gently caress.
-The new lifesteal on low hp one sounds okay or something?

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

BigLeafyTree posted:

-Some people have experimented with tank masteries on Graves for example with Strength of Ages. 300 HP (and more from the tree) is a solid chunk of beef for a role that buys minimal defenses and is prone to getting popped. Could be interesting but sounds niche as gently caress.

Jungle Graves, presumably? SoA seems to be the new default for nearly every jungler, except for sustained attackers who want Fervor or the few burst assassins that still want Thunderlord's.

John Murdoch fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Mar 12, 2016

The Crusher
Aug 13, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT HOW MUCH I LOVE NEKOMIMI CLIFFYB
Can someone explain to me why Deathfire is Jhin's go-to? I'm sure there's a good reason I just don't know enough about either to get it.

Flappy Bert
Dec 11, 2011

I have seen the light, and it is a string

The Crusher posted:

Can someone explain to me why Deathfire is Jhin's go-to? I'm sure there's a good reason I just don't know enough about either to get it.

Deathfire damage scales off AD and Jihn gets crazy amounts of AD from his scaling.

BigLeafyTree
Oct 21, 2010

John Murdoch posted:

Jungle Graves, presumably? SoA seems to be the new default for nearly every jungler, except for sustained attackers who want Fervor or the few burst assassins that still want Thunderlord's.

Nah it was lane Graves.

http://youtu.be/6TtBigMAY1U

Tyty
Feb 20, 2012

Night-vision Goggles Equipped!

The Crusher posted:

They made it so his W and his ult, despite hitting multiple minions, count as single target on champions (since they can only hit one). That makes the deathfire burn more powerful on them.

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

BigLeafyTree posted:

Your lifesteal options are a choice of BoRK, Bloodthirster, and Mercurial. Bloodthirster is the best for banging it out toe-to-toe since it offers the most lifesteal and the shield. BoRK is anti-tank, and the active is pretty good for fighting bruisers (or anyone, but especially bruisers). Mercurial is legit as hell now, combining the speed boost with cleanse with lifesteal and some damage. They also offer different spreads of stats so make an informed decision. It's fine to sit on a Vamp Scepter for a while if you have higher priorities too.

I really like Deaths Dance on MF. IE+ER+Deaths Dance = max CDR, and you get physical damage vamp so you heal from R's and Q's. The burst damage reduction also helps against assassins, allowing you time to get your murder on, and other squishes really underestimate how much extra damage you can poop out in those extra seconds as MF. Don't know if it would seem so good on ADC's who don't want CDR or stack AD over AS.

Xyretire
May 22, 2003
Lickin' the Gun.

Tyty posted:

They made it so his W and his ult, despite hitting multiple minions, count as single target on champions (since they can only hit one). That makes the deathfire burn more powerful on them.

He also gets at least a full second of burn out of each auto attack, even if he's AA'ing the same champion over and over. So at least an extra 15% bonus AD scaling per auto on enemy champions.

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Xyretire posted:

He also gets at least a full second of burn out of each auto attack, even if he's AA'ing the same champion over and over. So at least an extra 15% bonus AD scaling per auto on enemy champions.
DFT does not trigger from autos.

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

TheAnomaly posted:

I really like Deaths Dance on MF. IE+ER+Deaths Dance = max CDR, and you get physical damage vamp so you heal from R's and Q's. The burst damage reduction also helps against assassins, allowing you time to get your murder on, and other squishes really underestimate how much extra damage you can poop out in those extra seconds as MF. Don't know if it would seem so good on ADC's who don't want CDR or stack AD over AS.

would that build work on lucian then?

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
Someone tell me that Liandry's is bad on bard and why because I really like it if you get ahead and need to add some punch to your stuff + they have tanks

Xyretire
May 22, 2003
Lickin' the Gun.

Killed By Death posted:

DFT does not trigger from autos.

Huh. I could have sworn it did but I'm reading it again and it doesn't. And looking at the patch history it doesn't look like it ever did. I guess it's still good on Jhin because there's not really anything else that has better synergy with his kit?

Tyty
Feb 20, 2012

Night-vision Goggles Equipped!

He liked thunderlords before they nerfed precision. I'd imagine that'd still work on him, but the offense tree is better for him now.

Due to his lack of attack speed fervor isn't very good on him. Warlords is probably workable, but from his kit you want the damage more than sustain.

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot
Jhin liked a mastery that got nerfed half a month before he was released? Riot playtester spotted.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Darth Windu posted:

Someone tell me that Liandry's is bad on bard and why because I really like it if you get ahead and need to add some punch to your stuff + they have tanks

Because making a support do more damage to tanks is worse than using CC more often, or moving faster, or having an aura, or pushing waves

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Oh, interesting. I suppose it mostly plays to Graves' weird pseudo-fighter role (and him not needing the extra damage so much) and basically nobody else.

Though I'm bad at math and just kinda assumed that SoA was too slow to stack to really be worth it in lane.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

kingcobweb posted:

Because making a support do more damage to tanks is worse than using CC more often, or moving faster, or having an aura, or pushing waves

What's a good item to do more damage as bard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
Whoa I just went poo and i came back and my queue was nearing 10m for bot/top O_O

• Locked thread