Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Washout
Jun 27, 2003

"Your toy soldiers are not pigmented to my scrupulous standards. As a result, you are not worthy of my time. Good day sir"
You literally can't escape the cheating anymore. I used to be able to play early in the day/afternoon and there would be few to no people murdering me with gauss vomit in 2 alphas, but the last two times I've tried to play I just run directly into someone aimbotting within 3 matches.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stringbean
Aug 6, 2010
I believe you when it comes to the original iterations of battletech. They do look like they could be some form of future ordinance a military would come up with. Which is neat.

But then there are loving mechs that literally look like birds, bears, and a god drat Horse. So a Gorilla would be crazy, right? :v:

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

Stringbean posted:

I believe you when it comes to the original iterations of battletech. They do look like they could be some form of future ordinance a military would come up with. Which is neat.

Well you also have to realize that new mech designs were intended to sell miniatures for the table-top game.

And they couldn't be boring generic most-efficient designs (see: Hellstar) because then there'd be no reason to use (and by extension, buy) those mechs.

If TT designs were based on being efficient, we'd have a lovely MWO-type situation there. :v:

Orv
May 4, 2011

A.o.D. posted:

Canon battletech mechs are designed with the philosophy of "Imagine modern day military-industrial procurement methods extrapolated 1000 years into the future, and build war machines based on their track record".

Given that design scheme, a great many battlemechs make a hell of a lot of sense... and which is why the Hellstar has no business existing.

That makes an uncomfortable amount of sense.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

Orv posted:

That makes an uncomfortable amount of sense.

The TRO fluff for the Hollander is almost literally "this was the cheapest way we could make a Gauss Rifle with legs"

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

WarLocke posted:

The TRO fluff for the Hollander is almost literally "this was the cheapest way we could make a Gauss Rifle with legs"

I really wish they'd put the Hollander in game. Such a fun mech in MechCommander.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule
http://mwomercs.com/forums/topic/224061-psa-paul-says-the-quirks-on-the-archer-release-were-prematurely-released-and-undergoing-revision/

MWO forums posted:

On Tina Benoit's devdrop live stream, Paul just addressed the Archer quirks, and as the title say, stated they were posted before being finalized, and are now going through revision and possible changes.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Idiots.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

"poo poo, the peons are complaining what do we do?"
"Let them eat 10% LRM range quirks."

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
Patch notes

http://mwomercs.com/news/2016/03/1498-patch-notes-1458-15mar2016

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

I like the news about the customizable pilot even though it's totally inconsequential, but I want a classic model that is just shorts and a coolant vest for maximum authenticity

Stringbean
Aug 6, 2010

MWO Patchnotes posted:

Fixed an issue where Warhorns would not play.

Again.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
the part about moving the spawns away from candy mountain on Alpine is interesting. it looks like they want combat to happen in the other part of the map entirely

The Repo Man
Jul 31, 2013

I Remember...
This one's for you, AoD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUoLJQ6xWaM

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

they found the true root cause of the issue for this. It was pretty esoteric and hard to debug but they have it now.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Oh man, the MW2 soundtrack. :fap:

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

MWO Patch Notes posted:

Fixed an issue where Crit Chance percentages would decrease at each level of Targeting Computer, instead of increase.
:pgi:

A Curvy Goonette
Jul 3, 2007

"Anyone who enjoys MWO is a shitty player. You have to hate it in order to be pro like me."

I'm actually just very good at curb stomping randoms on a team. :ssh:

Everyone should immediately go to the team kill penalty section.

quote:

• Example: During Match 1, 'Player A' racks up an amount of Team Damage that doubles the Penalty threshold for Team Damage. They also perpetrate 1 Team Kill. As a result of these three actions, 'Player A' will be hit with a 5 minute delay for their next matchmaking search.

• Example: During Match 1, 'Player B' racks up an amount of Team Damage that triples the Penalty threshold for Team Damage. They also perpetrate 2 Team Kills. As a result of these five actions, 'Player B' will be hit with a 20 minute delay for their next matchmaking search. After waiting 20 minutes 'Player B' drops into Match 2 and perpetrates just 1 Team Kill; they do not hit the penalty threshold for Team Damage. As they are already at the Fifth Penalty strike from their previous match, and the four-hour Penalty reset has not yet occurred, they are hit with another 20 minute delay to their next matchmaking search.

The breakdown of the current penalty levels follow the same structure as the existing Disconnect Penalty system:

• First Penalty: 10 second delay for next matchmaking search.
• Second Penalty: 2 minute delay for next matchmaking search.
• Third Penalty: 5 minute delay for next matchmaking search.
• Fourth Penalty: 10 minute delay for next matchmaking search.

• Fifth Penalty: 20 minute delay for next matchmaking search.

there is no way this can be abused by the playerbase. *parks self in front of lrm boat on team, refuses to move*

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

So all of their missiles bounce off you harmlessly while they're unable to retaliate because as a Support Robot they didn't bring any backup weapons? :confused:

Dr. Snuggles
Dec 3, 2012

Tbh some of us (Pick) use this website more than others and I feel that I am unfairly subsidizing picks posting. Unless some kind of fee by post usage is enabled were basically instituting a forced welfare state of posting.
I run a max engine crab 20 with 5 medium pulse lasers.

Running around the map at 120~ in a somewhat tanky medium mech with a decent amount of firepower is so silly. I can out-duel most light mechs and I have enough speed to core heavies/assaults. However this is at trash tier 4. Anything works.

I hate dying and seeing my team is left with an armless arctic cheetah and two LRM boats out of ammo.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Best WTF mech to spectate is anything with just a single gauss rifle and all the ammo in the world.

TeeMerk
Jun 9, 2013

Great Beer posted:

So all of their missiles bounce off you harmlessly while they're unable to retaliate because as a Support Robot they didn't bring any backup weapons? :confused:

Nah, take the small er laser trial cheetah and keep poking the assault in front of you with 1-2 lasers. He gets pissed and alphas you resulting in a TK.

Troll successful.

Sharks Dont Sleep
Mar 4, 2009

In pairing luxury automobiles with large predatory felines we have achieved reality ahead of schedule.
I know 19 said the Archer quirks aren't finalized and I'd like to stress that like 5% quirks and 10% quirks are what should be baseline general quirks. Energy, Missiles, Ballistics - And you should always have baseline quirk before introducing a weapon specific one.

BirdOfPlay
Feb 19, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Is 200K C-Bills per match a good baseline or should I be earning more?

Also, I play using my Urbie to farm wins and kills.

Stringbean
Aug 6, 2010

BirdOfPlay posted:

Is 200K C-Bills per match a good baseline or should I be earning more?

Also, I play using my Urbie to farm wins and kills.

It's fine, and if you're getting that with an urbie then you're doing well enough.

Surprise Giraffe
Apr 30, 2007
1 Lunar Road
Moon crater
The Moon

Tempted to try this with Commoner's gimmic kcrab

EDIT: Seems terrible. Oh well

Surprise Giraffe fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Mar 12, 2016

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Commoner's builds are only intended for use by Commoner's

Olesh
Aug 4, 2008

Why did the circus close?

A long, chilling list of animal rights violations.

Bolow posted:

Unless everybody's doing a gimmick night, in which case go hog wild.

I still wish you could access the mechlab in private matches; configuring mechs for gimmick matches is a pain in the rear end when people have to leave and get re-invited manually to rejoin.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Washout posted:

You literally can't escape the cheating anymore. I used to be able to play early in the day/afternoon and there would be few to no people murdering me with gauss vomit in 2 alphas, but the last two times I've tried to play I just run directly into someone aimbotting within 3 matches.

Have you ever considered they are better than you and you aren't as good as you may think?

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Sometimes you reach a stalemate. Sometimes you get magic horses.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNo3zmhXE9Y

http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=236&l=80a890e40a6482c4ee9e069b4337b8db131eb4ea

Commoners fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Mar 12, 2016

Stringbean
Aug 6, 2010
What the gently caress did you just loving say about me, you pubbie scum? I'll have you know I graduated top of my tutorial in Training Grounds, and I've been involved in numerous CW drops, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in Torso Twisting and I'm the top sniper in my entire Faction. You are nothing to me but another target. I will wipe you the gently caress out with precision the likes of which have never before been seen in the Inner Sphere, marking my loving words. You think you can get away with saying that poo poo to me over Something Awful? Think again, scrub. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of neckbearded hackers across the Outer Sphere and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the Urbanmech Storm, bitch. The storm that wipes out that thing you call a life. You're loving dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that's just with small lasers. Not only am I trained in brawling, but I have access to the entire Clan Arsenal and I will use it to its fullest extent to wipe your miserable rear end off the face of Butte Hold, you little poo poo. If only you could have known the unholy retribution your "clever" comment was about to bring down on you, maybe you would have held your loving tongue. But you didn't, you couldn't, and now you're paying the price you goddamn idiot. I will poo poo LRMs all over you and you will drown in it. You're loving dead, kiddo.

Or he does need to just "git gud"

Surprise Giraffe
Apr 30, 2007
1 Lunar Road
Moon crater
The Moon

Bolow posted:

The one with large pulses and standard heat sinks is great fun

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

"Your toy soldiers are not pigmented to my scrupulous standards. As a result, you are not worthy of my time. Good day sir"

Drythe posted:

Have you ever considered they are better than you and you aren't as good as you may think?

There are situations where you can tell it's luck, there are situations where you can tell the other person is good, and then there are situations where you can tell they are aimbotting because they never miss the component they are aiming at no matter how you twist, and face you the entire time. And since the aimbot comes with a built in wallhack they also always get the drop on you when you peek.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

Drythe posted:

Don't bring logic into this you loving autist.

Stringbean
Aug 6, 2010

Washout posted:

There are situations where you can tell it's luck, there are situations where you can tell the other person is good, and then there are situations where you can tell they are aimbotting because they never miss the component they are aiming at no matter how you twist, and face you the entire time. And since the aimbot comes with a built in wallhack they also always get the drop on you when you peek.

I had one moment on Frozen City in my HGN-IIC. I get that I'm not fast even with the biggest XL engine in it. My cockpit isn't the tiniest. But the dude dual gauss my cockpit from near their spawn, while I was moving between buildings near the cliff.

Maybe, just maybe there was a tiny remote chance that he timed his shot just right... But maybe...

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I think I've inflicted one cockpit kill ever since I started playing. Rarer than hen's teeth.

Supraluminal
Feb 17, 2012
I would be okay with them removing the head component as a hittable location altogether. Headshots don't make this game more fun, aimbots or no. That's the whole reason they made the head hitboxes so miniscule in the first place. Just go all the way and get rid of it.

Bubbacub
Apr 17, 2001

I've had 3 out of 512 kills.

darthzeta88
May 31, 2013

by Pragmatica
Do colors ever go on sale and when? I want a couple colors but would like them discounted at least. To bad they do not have single shot colors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teepo
Oct 14, 2004

yospos

Supraluminal posted:

I would be okay with them removing the head component as a hittable location altogether. Headshots don't make this game more fun, aimbots or no. That's the whole reason they made the head hitboxes so miniscule in the first place. Just go all the way and get rid of it.

joke post?

• Locked thread