Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Added a new page to the Stardew Valley spreadsheet for Crop Artisan Goods. It's pretty straightforward. Use the Keg for all fruits (because none are worth less than 50g), and the Preserve Jar for vegetables worth 200g or less. Rest of the vegetables can go into the Keg. Hops and Wheat are the exceptions to this rule because they're value isn't based on these formulas.

(Red) Wine = 3x Fruit Value
(Blue) Juice = 2.25x Vegetable Value
(Green) Pickled = 50 + 2x

x is crop value, y is artisan value.

Zesty fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Mar 11, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fishvilla
Apr 11, 2011

THE SHAGMISTRESS

Mr. Pumroy posted:

oh god it's 1:40 am i'm on floor 119 where are the stairs to 120 gently caress where are the staaaaaairs
why won't it rain i need it to rain i can't catch this fish without rain
gently caress you abigail i will DESTROY you at next year's egg festival i swear it
the glacierfish is basically sodomizing me with my own fishing pole
gently caress it's 3:30 i'm never going to get these geodes to clint
i paid 500 gold to go to the desert so i'm not leaving until i can at least make that back
stand still so i can milk you you dumb goddamn cow why do i do this every morning
there's a train coming but i want to go to the beach and scavenge some shells oh wait didn't i need to buy some seeds poo poo i'm already in town i don't remember how many i need oh wait it's wednesday pierre's probably crying about joja mart to his wife or something gently caress i forgot the train oh well hey the notice board says the wizard wants me to kill 4 fire slimes i can dip into the mines real quick oh wait i still have an inventory full of crops why did i even do that better drop these in the bin first oh poo poo didn't i need that apricot for the community center gently caress it's kinda late now guess i'll just go to bed and hit the mines tomorrow no wait i was going to go to the beach aaaaaa

2016's most relaxing game of the year

Add to OP.

I also got stressed when the game time and real life sync'd up as I rushed to get to bed.

At 1:50am.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
With regards to Rune Factory, the first game is criminally easy. You can fully automate your farm with relative ease, and the dungeoning bits are pretty easy too.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
Now I want a Factorio/Stardew hybrid. Turn an entire planet into a farm.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

I lost the engagement item after getting knocked out in the skull cavern and the dude won't sell me a new one so I guess my character is officially an incel. Good thing I acquired a fedora somewhere along the way.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

quadrophrenic posted:

what's the best cooking item in terms of turning a profit?

Good question. I've added a tab to the Spreadsheet for it.

Alligator Pie
Apr 26, 2008

Give away the green grass, Give away the sky
I got into skull cavern by bombing the chest at level 120 and then frantically ran for my life after something almost kicked my butt. I ended up in the desert and was freaking out because I haven't fixed the bus yet.

Apparently, it magically works and Pam will drive you home if you're a dumbass who gets teleported to the desert and need to get back home before Spirit's Eve starts.

Not sure if this is a bug or intentionally in there so dopes like me don't get stuck forever and have to restart. :ssh:

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Germstore posted:

Clint hates copper ore. It is very odd especially because he likes copper bars. I guess he thinks you're being cheap.

He's hated every basic mineral I've given him.

JerikTelorian
Jan 19, 2007

Met posted:

Added a new page to the Stardew Valley spreadsheet for Crop Artisan Goods. It's pretty straightforward. Use the Keg for all fruits (because none are worth less than 50g), and the Preserve Jar for vegetables worth 200g or less. Rest of the vegetables can go into the Keg. Hops and Wheat are the exceptions to this rule because they're value isn't based on these formulas.

(Red) Wine = 3x Fruit Value
(Blue) Juice = 2.25x Vegetable Value
(Green) Pickled = 50 + 2x

x is crop value, y is artisan value.

Au contraire.

Salmonberries are preserves jar food for me. Boosts those buggers up to 90g in value (with the perk).

Fishvilla
Apr 11, 2011

THE SHAGMISTRESS

Anybody else watching a lot of Stardew Valley streamers lately? I've been watching CohhCarnage and JonBams, and I'm really enjoying them. Laid back game with laid back streamers is p chill for work.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

JerikTelorian posted:

Au contraire.

Salmonberries are preserves jar food for me. Boosts those buggers up to 90g in value (with the perk).

Huh. I was missing a few foraged fruits. Added those in.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

The Moon Monster posted:

I lost the engagement item after getting knocked out in the skull cavern and the dude won't sell me a new one so I guess my character is officially an incel. Good thing I acquired a fedora somewhere along the way.

Anyone know if there's a trainer or something I can use to add a mermaid pendant to my inventory?

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord

Fishvilla posted:

Anybody else watching a lot of Stardew Valley streamers lately? I've been watching CohhCarnage and JonBams, and I'm really enjoying them. Laid back game with laid back streamers is p chill for work.

I tried to watch Markiplier's episode on SV, but he was too intense.

Then again I also just don't like Markiplier.

damnfan
Jun 1, 2012
If any of you have a majority of the cooking recipes unlocked, could you post a save file?

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

Germstore posted:

SimFarmtorio would be an excellent game.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Hello thread someone should change the thread title because it's slightly misleading and also it should be:

Stardew Valley: Crops Rule Everything Around Me

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Maybe if someone comes up with a better pun.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

That's probably not going to be possible

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
All Day I Dream about Stardew

alternatively, All Day I Dream about Starfruit.
(I don't actually think either is better but its what popped into my mind)

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

The Moon Monster posted:

Anyone know if there's a trainer or something I can use to add a mermaid pendant to my inventory?

From CA's twitter:

"only by editing your save file... find it in %appdata%/StardewValley/Saves find a folder with ur character's name
inside that folder there's a file with same name. Open that in notepad, ctrl+f search for "specialItems" and delete the
<int>460</int> you find there. Now the old mariner should sell you the pendant again"

(figured it wasn't worth embedding 3 tweets when I can just copy and paste)

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

The Moon Monster posted:

Has anyone managed to catch any of the legendary fish without the trap bobber? It seems like it would be almost impossible.

I caught the crimsonfish on stream with the iridium rod, basic bait, and no bobber at all.

I think I lucked into a gentler pattern though. Seriously I got that bastard something like six or seven times in a row when I was just trying to catch pufferfish and tuna :argh:

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Kyrosiris posted:

From CA's twitter:

"only by editing your save file... find it in %appdata%/StardewValley/Saves find a folder with ur character's name
inside that folder there's a file with same name. Open that in notepad, ctrl+f search for "specialItems" and delete the
<int>460</int> you find there. Now the old mariner should sell you the pendant again"

(figured it wasn't worth embedding 3 tweets when I can just copy and paste)

Thanks!

PoptartsNinja posted:

I caught the crimsonfish on stream with the iridium rod, basic bait, and no bobber at all.

I think I lucked into a gentler pattern though. Seriously I got that bastard something like six or seven times in a row when I was just trying to catch pufferfish and tuna :argh:

Yeah, I just caught legend and it took me a few tries. Even with the trap bobber I had to wait for him to do an easy pattern. I wasn't using the +3 fishing food, though. The rare fish from the desert and level 100 of the mine are almost as tough as the legendaries.

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

Awesome interview.

http://www.gamerevolution.com/features/interview-stardew-valley-creator-on-surprise-success-and-favorite-game-elements

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009
So can someone help me figure out why I've never caught a mussel? I've had crab pots out for more or less a year now in fresh and salt water, and despite catching dozens of crabs and lobsters I've never caught a mussel.

e: of course the day after I post this I catch one. I had found plenty washed up, but those don't count in your collection log.

Steelion fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Mar 11, 2016

Fishvilla
Apr 11, 2011

THE SHAGMISTRESS

Steelion posted:

So can someone help me figure out why I've never caught a mussel? I've had crab pots out for more or less a year now in fresh and salt water, and despite catching dozens of crabs and lobsters I've never caught a mussel.

Check the beach on lucky days. I didn't catch a mussel in my ~4 ocean pots in a long time. Eventually one washed up on a lucky foraging day.

They're a 35% Trap chance from the ocean, so you should get one over the course of a month.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Steelion posted:

Just bad luck I guess? I seem to find them on the beach semi-often.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

A less truncated version of an interview for those that like to read more words: http://www.pcgamer.com/stardew-valley-interview/

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Germstore posted:

Not the first time, nor the last time, this idea's been suggested. Really, Factorio just needs a proper commerce mod and the rest can take care of itself.

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)
So someone on the Chucklefish forums made a mod to white-wash Demetrius.

http://community.playstarbound.com/threads/demetrius-white-skin.109186/

IT MAYBE GOT SOME PEOPLE UPSET.

They have responded accordingly.

http://community.playstarbound.com/threads/dewmetrius-valley-ca-notice-us-senpai.109303

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

armoredgorilla posted:

http://community.playstarbound.com/threads/dewmetrius-valley-ca-notice-us-senpai.109303

But where's the mod that lets me marry Pametrius?

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

armoredgorilla posted:

Nah man the best part about this mod is this post:

quote:

Objectively speaking, the mod needs work. His facial features are still predominantly Negroid (scientific terminology for the bone structure and other morphological traits predominant in the sub-Saharan population; as opposed to Caucasoid or Mongoloid). This results in an Eumelanin-deficient black man, rather than a white man. For instance, the nose bridge needs to be slimmer. So do the lips. His hair is also clearly Afro-textured, so it would be best to switch it over to either a softly curled or regular straight hair.

Looking forward to the polished version.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Chucklefish mods are the worst. They're too afraid to lay down the law on bullshit.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
If anyone wants the achievement for cooking all the dishes, I included a list of all the required ingredients on the spreadsheet.

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

armoredgorilla posted:

This mod would be great if it secretly made everyone else turn black gradually over the course of two in game weeks.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

nutranurse posted:

Nah man the best part about this mod is this post:

quote:

Objectively speaking, the mod needs work. His facial features are still predominantly Negroid (scientific terminology for the bone structure and other morphological traits predominant in the sub-Saharan population; as opposed to Caucasoid or Mongoloid). This results in an Eumelanin-deficient black man, rather than a white man. For instance, the nose bridge needs to be slimmer. So do the lips. His hair is also clearly Afro-textured, so it would be best to switch it over to either a softly curled or regular straight hair.

Looking forward to the polished version.

Had to check and yes of course they have an anime avatar

Mountaineer
Aug 29, 2008

Imagine a rod breaking on a robot face - forever
Somebody make a mod that turns Maru and Demetrius white, but everyone else becomes black.

literally this big
Jan 10, 2007

Here comes
the Squirtle Squad!
Oh man, I have such fond memories of Harvest Moon, and Stardew Valley is really delivering for me.

What should I be doing, day 1? My HM experience is telling me to upgrade my rucksack ASAP, but how do I get some kind of storage container for all this stuff I keep finding?

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Build a chest with wood and yes buy the backpack upgrade

JuHoZ
May 13, 2009
Bah wrong thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brasseye
Feb 13, 2009
Is there a faster way to get clay than digging up the beach? Trying to build some kegs for winter but I keep running out of clay