Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
RIP dudes who kill Eileen early for her blades and miss out on her ace as hell stamina rune which pairs nicely with the blades.

I mean. If you're doing it you don't need it but. It's nice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

HolePisser1982 posted:

Yup! She drops the crow hunter badge, just dont gently caress up and get killed by henryk before you can pick it up

Oh right you still have to farm up the souls to buy it ;/ I thought she would like literally drop the blades for some reason

beep by grandpa posted:

You can get it even earlier than that, I've seen a guy get it literally 4 minutes after starting the game cause he just runs up on her from her starting point, viscerals her like twice to aggro then kites her off the ledge into the rat sewers and she fuckin dies.

I know about this method but I tried it once on a new save and it didn't work for me. The Henryk stuff seems a bit easier because you basically just wait and then pick it up

Can you seriously get from the start to Eileen in 4 minutes lol I remember my first playthrough taking like 2 hours for that. I still get so lost in Yharnam.

Also my main character is Strength with some Arcane but I still use her armor, crow face and cape is the best

I kind of want to make a Bloodtinge character just for Simon's Bowblade but the thought of killing Maria with a bloodtinge character...

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Yeah if you run past every enemy you could get to Eileen in a few minutes. The opening area is pretty confusing at first but it's got a lot of open space so it's really easy to just zip past everything

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Yea, spawn in the clinic, run to the first lantern, run past everything to the great bridge and hang a left, drop down where the dogs/old lady are, go down the stairs, roll through the barrels to the right and punch Eileen- probably takes 3 minutes if you don't die.

Edit: I should try it and record it when I get home. I need to think of something for character name besides DIRTY EILEEN KILLER

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Scarecrow

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

beep by grandpa posted:

Yea, spawn in the clinic, run to the first lantern, run past everything to the great bridge and hang a left, drop down where the dogs/old lady are, go down the stairs, roll through the barrels to the right and punch Eileen- probably takes 3 minutes if you don't die.

Edit: I should try it and record it when I get home. I need to think of something for character name besides DIRTY EILEEN KILLER

Turdsworth

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
A HUNTER IS A HUNTER, EVEN IN A DREAM

on my first playthrough I didn't realize that Eileen could die in her first fight so I just stood by and got the blades by accident. She has the coolest armor in the game anyway so I didn't really regret it.

Also the Crow of Cainhurst is a real jerk

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

oh, that reminds me, i've never had eileen replace the crow of cainhurst in the grand cathedral. i'll remember to do that next time i start a freshie

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Where I'm from a freshie is a haircut

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

A hoonter hoonts, leave the hoonting of hoonters to me

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Oh right you still have to farm up the souls to buy it ;/ I thought she would like literally drop the blades for some reason

you can sell the doll set if youre not planning on wearing it

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

I know about this method but I tried it once on a new save and it didn't work for me. The Henryk stuff seems a bit easier because you basically just wait and then pick it up

Can you seriously get from the start to Eileen in 4 minutes lol I remember my first playthrough taking like 2 hours for that. I still get so lost in Yharnam.

Also my main character is Strength with some Arcane but I still use her armor, crow face and cape is the best

I kind of want to make a Bloodtinge character just for Simon's Bowblade but the thought of killing Maria with a bloodtinge character...

maria is the most easily parried boss in the game, even more so than gascoigne

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Okay dogg check it out, I hosed up real bad because of how awful the throwing mechanics are when not locked on but it took me exactly 4 minutes. Trigger warning: burn victims
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZzTiwxONqo
I didn't notice till rewatching but at around 3:30 she hits me dead in the dome with a knife and it's sticking out of my char's head for a while...grr bitch...lol

What was possibly the most stressed I have ever been playing this game was the 2 hours of farming it took to get to 40k souls in the starting area to buy the drat things. One might ask what was the point of killing her so soon since I was broke but I say if you're a real man you do what you feel is right and drat the consequences... In the future I would prob just hold off killing her until the Henryk fight. I took a lot of unnecessary risks (fought many enemies I definitely should not have since I never levelled and the only blood echoes I ever spent were on the blades) and almost lost all of it on this fucker:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_B-J-Vncjs

Don't do what I did, ever. All in all it took clearing every single enemy in all of central yharnam, killing gascoigne twice and clearing up to djura. I did die a couple times but I never lost everything. If I did it again I'd prob just rush to oedon chapel, spend 10k echoes on the key and kill that one special dog by the grand cathedral over and over that drops like 700-900 echoes for some reason

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

haha I've had all my echos trapped inside that church giant so many times. That guy's such a fucker, I love it

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

you should have probably just rushed the BSB and then sold the doll set for 35k, but i admire your way more stressful soliution

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

beep by grandpa posted:

Don't do what I did, ever. All in all it took clearing every single enemy in all of central yharnam, killing gascoigne twice and clearing up to djura. I did die a couple times but I never lost everything. If I did it again I'd prob just rush to oedon chapel, spend 10k echoes on the key and kill that one special dog by the grand cathedral over and over that drops like 700-900 echoes for some reason

thats ounds insanely tedious nd not worth it a tall whn you could just kill lke one boss and get enough echoes

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

HolePisser1982 posted:

sold the doll set for 35k

:wth:

Now that I know that I kind of want to start over now cause I bet I could kill eileen, gascoine, bsb in prob 30 minutes. Usually that giant never kills me cause I'll use big 2h on it but I didn't level up my char or any weapons so he took like 10+ charge attacks to kill :(

Fungah! posted:

thats ounds insanely tedious nd not worth it a tall whn you could just kill lke one boss and get enough echoes
I wanted to keep as many bosses up as I could so they could feel the sting of my blades...

edit: both times gascoignfe went down he only gave up a couple thousand. In retrospect I should've skipped central yharnam completely and spent more of my time in old yharnam/oden chapel. I kinda winged it all.

beep by grandpa fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Mar 11, 2016

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Do you guys think it's faster to obtain 10k echoes from all the enemies up to and including Gascoigne or do BSB to open the backdoor

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

BSB imo, gascoigne onl y drops like 2k echos and youd have to farm a shitload of guys in yharnam to mke up the difference

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

actlly if you can kill cleric beast nd gascoigne without losing echos that's like 6k right there, yyou could probably get the rest from guys in the cathedral ward

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

If you rushed straight from the starting location it'd def be faster to kill bsb but when I went through and cleared everything I had way more than 10k and there were only a handful of enemies I killed more than once up to that point.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Kiling everything up to there without levelling is very very stressful tho, don't do it unless you have a strong & determined heart like me.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

hosed up imo that claric beast gives twice as many echoes as gascoigne

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I think cleric beast is way harder than Gascoigne because you can't parry him and the arena is tiny for how big he is...makes some sense to me

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

yeahh fair. ive always had a lot mmore troub le with gascoigne but thats because i cant parry worth a poo poo. its cool th hat the first boss fight in the game for a lot of people was the action ggame boss fight wjere the guy's got all your moves though, ffeels real good whn you beat him

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Fun fact: during the network test you could clip into an area where gascoine appeared and if he killed you he said "Umbasa.."

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Benny D posted:

Fun fact: during the network test you could clip into an area where gascoine appeared and if he killed you he said "Umbasa.."

*frantically begins producing 40 minute lore video*

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

I unironically subscribe to like 4 souls/bloodborne lore channels idgaf

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

that's cool. I've never really gotten into the story element of these games myself. I listened to Bonfireside chat of dark souls and learned a lot about all the different characters and stuff but for me, at the end of the day, I really just want to swing my big sword

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

In Training posted:

that's cool. I've never really gotten into the story element of these games myself. I listened to Bonfireside chat of dark souls and learned a lot about all the different characters and stuff but for me, at the end of the day, I really just want to swing my big sword

one of my big driving forces for playing demons souls is to be able to listen to that season of bonfireside chat. lol

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
the very act of playing bloodborne is ambrosia.......sometimes I just zone out and practice cool moves in the hunters dream

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

TFw you forget to unplug the Ethernet after Netflix & load up some demons souls & the server destroys all of your world tendencies QQ

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A BLURAY INTO THE SLOT. ITS BLOODBORNE AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE WITH THE GOOD HUNTER. I DO EVERY MOVE AND I DO EVERY MOVE HARD. MAKIN WHOOSHING SOUNDS WHEN I SLAM DOWN SOME WEREWOLF OR EVEN WHEN I MESS UP TECHNIQUE. NOT MANY CAN SAY THEY ESCAPED THE HUNTERS NIGHTMARE. I CAN. I SAY IT AND I SAY IT OUTLOUD EVERYDAY TO PEOPLE IN MY COLLEGE CLASS AND ALL THEY DO IS PROVE PEOPLE IN COLLEGE CLASS CAN STILL BE IMMATURE JEKRS. AND IVE LEARNED ALL THE LINES AND IVE LEARNED HOW TO MAKE MYSELF INTO AN INFANT GREAT ONE. 2 HOURS INCLUDING WIND DOWN EVERY MORNIng

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

feelin super proud of the cookie monster I made in the character creator, haha spinning the camera around admiring in the hunters dream

Vulich the Subtle
Nov 25, 2012

Paul is unimpressed by the glories of the Host.

HolePisser1982 posted:

one of my big driving forces for playing demons souls is to be able to listen to that season of bonfireside chat. lol
those guys are huge dorks but i enjoy listening to them a whole lot anyway.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i just saw something i've never seen before in 100s of hours of playing: the witches with the skulls who throw pyromancy apparently have some sort of move where they stand up on their insanely long legs. i was at the first part of the defiled chalice, and the one down the hall from the oil pit nailed me with two fireballs, killing me. i looked my camera over and she was standing up on spidery legs, moving around, like baba yaga or something.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

sector_corrector posted:

i just saw something i've never seen before in 100s of hours of playing: the witches with the skulls who throw pyromancy apparently have some sort of move where they stand up on their insanely long legs. i was at the first part of the defiled chalice, and the one down the hall from the oil pit nailed me with two fireballs, killing me. i looked my camera over and she was standing up on spidery legs, moving around, like baba yaga or something.

they travel in packs

whatis
Jun 6, 2012

In Training posted:

bloodborne's story is pretty straightforward, dark souls is a lot more mysterious. both are very cool. even cooler still is that the story can be ignored outright and it doesn't diminish how cool it is to gently caress up gross looking monsters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flying Squirrel
Oct 24, 2007
Thanks, Zombie Lincoln

apropos to nothing posted:

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A BLURAY INTO THE SLOT. ITS BLOODBORNE AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE WITH THE GOOD HUNTER. I DO EVERY MOVE AND I DO EVERY MOVE HARD. MAKIN WHOOSHING SOUNDS WHEN I SLAM DOWN SOME WEREWOLF OR EVEN WHEN I MESS UP TECHNIQUE. NOT MANY CAN SAY THEY ESCAPED THE HUNTERS NIGHTMARE. I CAN. I SAY IT AND I SAY IT OUTLOUD EVERYDAY TO PEOPLE IN MY COLLEGE CLASS AND ALL THEY DO IS PROVE PEOPLE IN COLLEGE CLASS CAN STILL BE IMMATURE JEKRS. AND IVE LEARNED ALL THE LINES AND IVE LEARNED HOW TO MAKE MYSELF INTO AN INFANT GREAT ONE. 2 HOURS INCLUDING WIND DOWN EVERY MORNIng