Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

T300 or TX ferrari 458 edition?
Both are the same price and look similar
No clue how I'd mount either on my big boy wheel stand so now I'd need to grab one of those too.. budgets are for jerks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

tater_salad posted:

T300 or TX ferrari 458 edition?
Both are the same price and look similar
No clue how I'd mount either on my big boy wheel stand so now I'd need to grab one of those too.. budgets are for jerks.

I think they're both the same wheel just one's for PS4 and ones for Xbox.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

The t300 has 1080 rotation. Tx has 900. t300 works on PS4, TX on Xbone.

That's the only real difference.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

T300 comes with metal backed wheel, TX has plastic with Moar buttans.
Both are 300 on amazon and have pedals that look like they suck worse than my dfgt pedals.

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008

tater_salad posted:

Both are 300 on amazon and have pedals that look like they suck worse than my dfgt pedals.

im 100% sure the thrustmaster pedals are trash and i have never used them, but i feel qualified.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

tater_salad posted:

T300 comes with metal backed wheel, TX has plastic with Moar buttans.

The pedals that came with my TX were poo poo, yes.

General RAARGH
Jan 24, 2003

armchair general
The t300 wheel is nice quality (I have the ferrari gte version). There are plenty of youtube videos comparing them all but I think the TX is a little more plasticky.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

I bought the GT 599 wheel for my TX. A few less buttons than the wheel it came with, but feels so much better.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Eyud posted:

I still like to chill and race with a controller sometimes. Maybe when I have a dedicated cockpit I can just jump into it'll be different but I think they'll end up adding wheel support to Forza Apex at some point too.

Yeah I hope so, I'm just wary as a person who bought the 360 wheel partly because of their promise to make it work on PCs, which they never did.

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
Is there any possible way to host an automobilista server and be able to join it from the same computer? I cannot figure this out and I am getting way too ragey over something stupid.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
isn't automobilista hosting currently broken? it was at least when it initially came out; it might have been fixed recently

if you manage to figure it out then I'm totally up for some stadium truck fun although i'm probably end up spinning every other corner if it goes like every other time i've tried to drive the car. i'll put up an Assetto Corsa thing anyway: I was originally thinking of doing some silly rainbow road Lotus fun thing but if I'm not going to be there then putting up something that I really want to do seems pointless

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
im currently yelling at the sky

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008

OhsH posted:

im currently yelling at the sky

seriously just staring straight up and yelling as loud as i loving can oh my god

OK so literally all you do is go to multiplayer, create game, czech and make sure it shows up in the server browser, have your friends who are joining get server info,click the big plus button so you can manually add the ip at the multiplayer server browser, and join.

i kept trying to do poo poo via the dedicated because i just kept reading "multiplayer browser in game broken" and didn't even think that the create game button would work. it does.

OhsH fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Mar 5, 2016

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT
Best way to play Automobilista is to do all tracks and cars, do a truck stadium or rally cross track, and slap down some F3s, Formula Vees, Karts, and some V8s and just blast around track to see how long you can go before a car gives up.

EDIT: Here's why -

Ringo Star Get fucked around with this message at 05:45 on Mar 6, 2016

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Does anyone have good controller setup advice for racing Sims right now it's way too twitchy with a xb360 Controller.

Also impossible trucks are hard and fun

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
eh, automobilista karts today est loving 3 PM GGOD drat IT pm show up or not i dont care its really short notice WHATEVER.

server will be called goons and password will be lljk WHATEVRE

OhsH fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Mar 6, 2016

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Stream it plz kthx.

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
SERVER is up "goons" password "lljk" if you have issues for the love of god get into the irc or the mumblr

#racinggoons on synirc or mumble.goonrathi.com 64738 password mellon go to DICKTONA channel

http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/how-to-connect-to-multiplayer-servers-in-automobilista.118374/ <---- HOW To connect to multiplayer servers in automobilsita

JOIN IN THE GX390 RACE karts thanks

OhsH fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Mar 6, 2016

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Um my T500 pedals are quite nice, thanks.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Tony Montana posted:

Um my T500 pedals are quite nice, thanks.

The base TX I got didn't come with the same pedal set you have. They were garbage.

My times in pretty much everything improved after upgrading to clubsport v3 pedals.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Yeah I'm pretty sure the T500 comes with the T3PA-Pro pedals, not the 2-pedal set the T150, T300 and TX come with.

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5

OhsH posted:

eh, automobilista karts today est loving 3 PM GGOD drat IT pm show up or not i dont care its really short notice WHATEVER.

server will be called goons and password will be lljk WHATEVRE

WHAT ARE WE DOING THIS WEEK? CAN IT BE ROLLING STARTS AGAIN?

kthx.

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
I had a look and njskora is right.

That is them, in both of the modes.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Yeah those are good pedals. Mine were 100 percent plastic with no clutch.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
The T300 Alcantara comes with the T3PA (not pro) pedals. I think the only major difference is that you can't adjust the pedal position like on the pros.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Besides pedals what's the difference between t300 and 500?

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Something like 500 bucks. Go look at pics and you'll see. It's bigger and badder

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Price of 300rs with real pedals is going to be 400-450.
500 comes with good pedals and can be had used for 450 or new for 500

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Aren't the 300 at TX a bit faster than the T500?

The Science Goy
Mar 27, 2007

Where did you learn to drive?
T500 is an old model. It has slightly stronger force feedback, but supposedly it doesn't have as much detail in the force feedback. The T300 is something like the TX v1.1 - very similar overall. The two new wheels come with cheaper pedals, and have slightly more nuanced force feedback.

Fanatec needs to get off their rear end and release the rest of the new lineup for the CSL stuff.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

What's the to recommendation for racing game for couch and Controller. I was using nfs shift but 1 I can't drift and 2 it ate my save after like 8hrs of game play so lost the will to play

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

I've been playing Grid Autosport while my wheel is being repaired and it's pretty fun.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

I really like the Grid games for that, played the hell out of Grid 1. They're on sale on Steam right now as well if you have a Steam Link.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

tater_salad posted:

What's the to recommendation for racing game for couch and Controller. I was using nfs shift but 1 I can't drift and 2 it ate my save after like 8hrs of game play so lost the will to play

Pcars or grid autosport

Go for pcars

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Yeah you really can't beat Codemasters for couch and controller.

Only go for Pcars if you're willing to spend half an hour making the controller settings not garbage.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
F1 2016 is super fun too

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

I'm not opposed to making the controller not garbage, I have automobolista and even carts are hard as hell with an XB360 controller.
What are the general things to tweak..
I have grid1 which is kind of fun, I looked into autosport but some of the reviews said you need to grind a lot to get stuff..
Also I love how the sale has all the DLC for around $15 but the season pass is $29, and the complete pack is $70

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

tater_salad posted:

I looked into autosport but some of the reviews said you need to grind a lot to get stuff..

The issue with autosport is that while it gives you a bunch of different disciplines to play with, the career requires that you progress a certain minimum for each discipline before you can advance. So being required to complete endurance races can seem grindy as hell.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

tater_salad posted:

I'm not opposed to making the controller not garbage, I have automobolista and even carts are hard as hell with an XB360 controller.
What are the general things to tweak..
I have grid1 which is kind of fun, I looked into autosport but some of the reviews said you need to grind a lot to get stuff..
Also I love how the sale has all the DLC for around $15 but the season pass is $29, and the complete pack is $70

I'll post my pcars settings tomorrow. One thing about pcars is that the default tunes are mostly awful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

holocaust bloopers posted:

I'll post my pcars settings tomorrow. One thing about pcars is that the default tunes are mostly awful.

Mostly is an understatement.

Game does feel great when the get your settings dialed in. That can take a while...