Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Wouldn't an atypical wwe writer be good? gently caress sake rovert

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
NXT has definitely felt like treading water to get to the next special for a while now. Even with that it's still a good show, but I can see why people would think otherwise.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I think most people just put down any relative dip in perceived quality to the larger-than-usual break between specials.

e) anyway, if this means SmackDown keeps up its good form, I'm fine with it. NXT seems difficult to seriously gently caress up outside of hiring Russo. It's just a very conservatively booked show.

Feels Villeneuve fucked around with this message at 11:44 on Mar 11, 2016

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Alain Post posted:

I'm fine with it. NXT seems difficult to seriously gently caress up outside of hiring Russo. It's just a very conservatively booked show.

Again there isn't much character development going on, no one is really emerging, there's no neat touches that reward you for paying attention. Too early to cast any real judgement though as I said.

Genericide
Jan 20, 2004

Jerusalem posted:

There's even a single person on this planet who thinks Pele was overrated? :psyduck:

Pele was Shite :)

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Pele was an outstanding talent but even now he willingly admits he couldn't keep it up in later life.

Normal Not Odd
Nov 5, 2003

what a t e r r i b l e world

what a b e a u t i f u l world
I will pay a lot of money to see The Bówler vs. Eliza Swanson.

Rand McNally
May 20, 2007
I love Bryan and Vinny and their reactions to girls writing on Granny's FB wall.

Normal Not Odd
Nov 5, 2003

Rand McNally posted:

I love Bryan and Vinny and their reactions to girls writing on Granny's FB wall.

It's cause of Granny endlessly complaining about needing more GIRLS posting while simultaneously not friending any more people.

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo

Mormon Juggernaut posted:

It's cause of Granny endlessly complaining about needing more GIRLS posting while simultaneously not friending any more people.

They at least helped with it by setting up a page where she doesn't have to friend anyone.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

rovert posted:

Again there isn't much character development going on, no one is really emerging, there's no neat touches that reward you for paying attention. Too early to cast any real judgement though as I said.

I know I have been bored with nxt for a while, havent even been finishing episodes even though it is an hour.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

big fan of terry funk just off in the distance on WOR today

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.

Rand McNally posted:

The one named Aubrey is a friend of mine and is also, in fact, a dude.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Karmine posted:

The one named Aubrey is a friend of mine and is also, in fact, a dude.

Are you friends with Drake

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Will they ever just buy granny a loving smartphone and decent headset

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

St Evan Echoes posted:

Make it in the shape of an expensive microphone and Bryan will be all over it.

Normal Not Odd
Nov 5, 2003

I am legit concerned Granny is going deaf

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

St Evan Echoes posted:

i think she has an iphone? im at least fairly certain its been mentioned in the past

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool

Cardboard Box posted:

i think she has an iphone? im at least fairly certain its been mentioned in the past

She does because Bryan was betting when she would get tired of it and start hating it a little while after she got it. Also I am wondering who Bryan might be implying has given their notice in WWE. Wondering if it is legit or just rumors and hearsay.

81sidewinder
Sep 8, 2014

Buying stocks on the day of the crash

Good Listener posted:

She does because Bryan was betting when she would get tired of it and start hating it a little while after she got it. Also I am wondering who Bryan might be implying has given their notice in WWE. Wondering if it is legit or just rumors and hearsay.

suttlebutt on twitter suggests Sandow

JOSEPH SAMOAN
Jun 13, 2010

Mormon Juggernaut posted:

I am legit concerned Granny is going deaf

I'm concerned in general. Ever since her fall Granny has seemed more and more off to me. She's never really been sharp and attentive, but its gotten noticeably worse.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Good Listener posted:

https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/708400876445040641

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
Bryan's scoops are always wrong

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

oatgan posted:

big fan of terry funk just off in the distance on WOR today

I somehow missed this show on the Observer frontpage, listening now and that Terry run-in is amazing.

"Would you like to say hi to Bryan and Dave?"
"Hi Dave!"

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Spermgod posted:

Bryan's scoops are always wrong

Except the secret plan.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool

MassRafTer posted:

Except the secret plan.

This'll be the year. It's still a few weeks til Mania for Shawn to get involved.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

MassRafTer posted:

Except the secret plan.

It's called the political hit now.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
Surprised that the thread skipped over Manflurry being nominated for Empire President. He didn't make the final two, though. gently caress Democracy.

dsriggs fucked around with this message at 11:11 on Mar 12, 2016

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

Alain Post posted:

It's called the political hit now.

The time has come. Execute Order 66.

Electric Lady
Mar 21, 2010

To be victorious
you must find glory
in the little things

dsriggs posted:

Surprised that the thread skipped over Manflurry being nominated for Empire President. He didn't make the final two, though. gently caress Democracy.

Strenuous Manflurry is the 3rd party candidate of my heart.

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...
https://vimeo.com/158484274

Pretty solid Botchamania intro by Dave.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

cronox2 posted:

https://vimeo.com/158484274

Pretty solid Botchamania intro by Dave.

Not long enough... Should have been talking well into the first botches

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
The Great Sasuke was in San Jose the other day

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

Not sure if anyone has mentioned it but Cody and Xavier on TIJ this week was great

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

It was pretty drat hilarious.

Jericho sounded like he couldn't stop laughing at every new detail

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I loved how each guy kept spluttering in shock at the other guy's side of the story.

dsriggs posted:

The Great Sasuke was in San Jose the other day

Dave talking about him on the latest Observer Radio was fun.

"So there's this guy walking around in a mask constantly and nobody is flocking to him or anything because he's been doing it so long that they're all just,"Oh hey it's just the Great Sasuke doing his thing v:shobon:v"

Dr. Lariat
Jul 1, 2004

by Lowtax
Did anyone else notice Missy Hyatt was talking about Brent Kremen at the start of the last Art of Wrestling? That was strange.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."

ch3cooh posted:

Not sure if anyone has mentioned it but Cody and Xavier on TIJ this week was great

PUNKS DIET SODA posted:

It was pretty drat hilarious.

Jericho sounded like he couldn't stop laughing at every new detail

Seriously, this is fantastic! :haw: He's a link for convenience:

http://podcastone.com/program?action=viewProgram&programID=593

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Dr. Lariat posted:

Did anyone else notice Missy Hyatt was talking about Brent Kremen at the start of the last Art of Wrestling? That was strange.

They drunk dial Missy on one of the B&V Christmas shows with Brent in the studio. It's really awkward.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I assume the Sasuke thing is related to the documentary about him that's being made (or is finished and making the rounds now).

• Locked thread