Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hughlander
May 11, 2005

lotus circle posted:

From my understanding, both Wentworth and Dominic (who plays Heatwave) will be going straight into shooting Prison Break after Legends of Tomorrow wraps up. So while there's no feasible way for them to be in the beginning of the season (or on Flash for that matter) there may be a chance later on since PB is only doing 10 episodes.

If legends is a 2017 mid year show like it is in 2016 they can still do both.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
Yeah hopefully it keeps the smaller episode count, which I imagine is also based in budget needs.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

BrianWilly posted:

I think sometimes there can be too much of a good thing, ie too much Snart. We haven't reached that point yet of course, but if he keeps working with the team he's inevitably going to get nicer and nicer, and we can't have him being that nice.

Remember when we were all "Can't get enough Barrowman!!!"

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

Bad Moon posted:

Remember when we were all "Can't get enough Barrowman!!!"

This hasn't changed though.

The writing my get lovely, but Barrowman chews that loving scenery magnificently.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

boom boom boom posted:

The term serial killer didn't exist until the 70s

Also Loving v. Virginia wasn't decided until 1967, though Oregon had voluntarily repealed its anti-miscegenation law in 1951.

Maxwell Lord posted:

Yeah, they had to push it a little farther than was typically permitted just to let the characters be out and about (Ray and Kendra's cover was very much not a good idea), but they dealt with consequences so it works in a broad way.

Apparently tonight's episode was directed by Joe Dante.

But a cursory look at Oregon's history of racial segregation shows that it should have been much worse. :stare:

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

X-O posted:

Season two will be terrible without Snart since he's doing another show. He's the only thing worth watching on this one.

Nah, Caity Lotz is great too.

But yeah, Wentworth Miller is the best part of this show and of Flash when he shows up there.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Garber, Miller, Lotz and Routh make this show worth watching.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche
We won't miss Cold as much once they introduce the Blue and Gold. :smug:

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man
What horrible mistake will be responsible for Legends of Tomorrow's second season slump? Will they add Vixen to the lineup?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Krad posted:

We won't miss Cold as much once they introduce the Blue and Gold. :smug:

Don't you loving tease me like that.

shades of eternity
Nov 9, 2013

Where kitties raise dragons in the world's largest mall.
can we officially call this series doctor red power vs blue ranger firefly who?

Because somehow it has managed to blend them all together and make it the greatest cheese ever made. :p.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Proposition Joe posted:

I would much rather have Snart go back to being a recurring villain on The Flash than stay on for LoT season 2. He can get replaced by Matt Ryan's Constantine.

Well that's not gonna happen. The producers said they were given permission to use him with the understanding it was a one time deal.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

WarLocke posted:

This hasn't changed though.

The writing my get lovely, but Barrowman chews that loving scenery magnificently.

What did you expect

HE'S RA'S AL GHUL :byodood:

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

X-O posted:

Well that's not gonna happen. The producers said they were given permission to use him with the understanding it was a one time deal.
My only hope is that this will change, as NBC clearly as no plans to renew Constantine in the near future. They're already moving on to a sitcom office-style show set in the DC Universe.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Warmachine posted:

Also Loving v. Virginia wasn't decided until 1967, though Oregon had voluntarily repealed its anti-miscegenation law in 1951.

Between this episode and Stein calling 1986 "the height of the cold war", this show really needs better researchers.

TEAH SYAG
Oct 2, 2009

by Lowtax

boom boom boom posted:

Between this episode and Stein calling 1986 "the height of the cold war", this show really needs better researchers.

They have the finest progressive agenda researchers on the planet at the CW bro. They get the facts wrong, but they feel it's right.

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib
Fun episode. No real weight to it. Enjoyable fluff

Slandible
Apr 30, 2008

I figured they left Mick's exit a bit vague to bring him back, but now I don't know whats going on with him and if he is going to return with rumors of a new team for next season. If he's not Chronos, I'm going to really disappointed.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche
Mick wasn't trying to kill the crew as Chronos, he was just trying to stop them from leaving him behind. :ohdear:

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
I think it'd be interesting if that was the route it took. Snart froze Mick with his gun, then the Time Masters find him in the future, unfreeze him, and make him into their loyal bounty hunter with the promise of revenge.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
My money is on Snart running a long con and managed to talk sense into Mick by finally explaining it.

I can't imagine they'd kill Mick offscreen without setting something up later. This is CW, they want maximum drama at all times and would've agonized over Cold's decision all episode until he collapses weeping over Mickcicle.

Mark my words, this is going to be the greatest heist in history. Literally.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?

shades of eternity posted:

can we officially call this series doctor red power vs blue ranger firefly who?

Because somehow it has managed to blend them all together and make it the greatest cheese ever made. :p.

Spin-Off Sentai Tomorronger

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Brandon Routh let slip in some DC promotional video that one of the crew isn't who we think they are. Whatever that means.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

X-O posted:

Brandon Routh let slip in some DC promotional video that one of the crew isn't who we think they are. Whatever that means.
Hawkgirl is actually Hawkman.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

X-O posted:

He might have meant the whole Chronos thing because the commercial for the next episode definitely made it look like there's some kind of reveal coming there.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

X-O posted:

Maybe it means that Ronnie is hiding in the Firestorm matrix and we can leave the annoying little poo poo back in 2015.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

X-O posted:

We know Rip Hunter isn't his real name, so maybe he's Booster Gold.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Out of all the things that bother me on this show I think number one is "Why is Captain Cold's gun now just a blue laser beam with no apparent cold properties?

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

"Ice effects are expensive to animate."

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Buy some bags of ice to throw on a guy between takes, paint someone a little blue, anything, really.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

greatn posted:

Out of all the things that bother me on this show I think number one is "Why is Captain Cold's gun now just a blue laser beam with no apparent cold properties?

He changed the setting from "Absolute Zero" to "Lampshade."

X-O posted:

Maybe Snart peace-outed with Mick when he left and they got Mayor Snart-2 to take their place.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

greatn posted:

Remember in the last episode when Rip shot a guy point-blank with his little laser pistol, and it not only didn't kill him, it just knocked him down and he immediately got back up and shot Rip?

In fact, we haven't seen a gun actually kill somebody in a long time. They've all been set to knock-down mode.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

FactsAreUseless posted:

Remember in the last episode when Rip shot a guy point-blank with his little laser pistol, and it not only didn't kill him, it just knocked him down and he immediately got back up and shot Rip?

In fact, we haven't seen a gun actually kill somebody in a long time. They've all been set to knock-down mode.

Only Barry is allowed to kill people now.

Balon
May 23, 2010

...my greatest work yet.
They can't kill anyone but Savage or damage the timeline, so they've all been coached to be non lethal. Unfortunately that also means they can't kill Savage.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

They actually all died in the first episode, and the reason they're so ineffectual is that they can't influence the outside world anymore.

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

Balon posted:

They can't kill anyone but Savage or damage the timeline, so they've all been coached to be non lethal. Unfortunately that also means they can't kill Savage.

Chronos is actually Schrödinger's Wildcat.

Kegslayer fucked around with this message at 12:40 on Mar 14, 2016

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

FactsAreUseless posted:

They actually all died in the first episode, and the reason they're so ineffectual is that they can't influence the outside world anymore.

Chronos confronts them in the last episode and removes his helmet to reveal that he is played by Terry O'Quinn and says, "We're still on the island, Jack!"

Then Rip Hunter wakes up and he was Matthew Fox all along.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Reality itself is threatened when the Atom realizes that the plot makes no sense, leading the characters to a self-awareness of their fictional status that could unmake the world.

B-plot: Hawkgirl has an existential crisis upon understanding that her actions have no motivation.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

X-O posted:

Stein has been pretty hesitant to go into Firestorm mode....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
^^ He did lots of Firestorm poo poo when in Russia.

X-O posted:

He is Superman

• Locked thread