Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Joementum posted:

Actually she's just mad about trade policy and he's a BernieBro mansplaining NAFTA to her.

Knowing Berniebros he was probably manspreading.

(because they are virgins get it)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
Famed National Review editor and Trump Hater/Loser Rich Lowry came out to say this...

quote:

A Trump rally in Chicago was cancelled tonight amid chaotic protests and clashes between the protestors and Trump supporters in the venue. The first thing to say about this is that it is wrong to disrupt and shut down a political rally, period, full stop. This was a mob action, and it was disgusting. Of course, Trump thrives on polarization and has sought to turn up the temperature of his rallies with his notorious suggestions that protestors should get roughed up. The spectacle tonight will probably only help him: It means that Trump will–if that’s possible–get even more media coverage over the weekend and it will make him a purported martyr to free speech (even though he wants more latitude to punish his critics in the press through loosened libel laws and his campaign manager just manhandled a reporter). If it’s enough to stoke his turnout even slightly or turn some more voters his way on Tuesday, it potentially could be a decisive event in the race.

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/432720/donald-trump-rally-shut-down-will-it-help-him

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

https://twitter.com/AamerISmad/status/708489742304858112

That lady is also in this picture so I really want to know what's up with her

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Baloogan posted:

I actually p rarely post because i thought posts on SA had a minimum requirement

lol i wuz wrong

i like yr posting, it reminds me of old times

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Swagger Dagger posted:

so is stuff still ongoing or has it been broken up?

Tercio
Jan 30, 2003

Montasque posted:

Famed National Review editor and Trump Hater/Loser Rich Lowry came out to say this...

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/432720/donald-trump-rally-shut-down-will-it-help-him

https://twitter.com/BAKKOOONN/status/708478184472195072

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Al! posted:

i like yr posting, it reminds me of old times

ty

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Swagger Dagger posted:

What do you think that button of Bush and Cheney says?

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Mods post autobans?

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

I'm really really happy that certain cities have essentially rejected Trump this early in the campaign. drat it feels good to be a nazi

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Prorat posted:

What do you think that button of Bush and Cheney says?

not much, id wager its mostly tin, maybe aluminum.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Swagger Dagger posted:

Rubio and Cruz explained it at the debate. She has concerns about US trade policy and the Federal Reserve's handling of interest rates. There's really no other explanation.

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

shiksa posted:

not much, id wager its mostly tin, maybe aluminum.

Douche.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

as much as my feeling is that this looks really good for trump especially with MoveOn involved I will admit I am Stumped and awaiting Tuesday's verdict

Bernice Anders
Feb 26, 2016

by zen death robot

lol he can't deal with trump being president

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
I have no idea who MoveOn even is. Is this the Acorn for 2016 or something?

stephenfry
Nov 3, 2009

I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
Does chicago have a reichstag? Has anyone checked if it is on fire? :ohdear:

SNAKES N CAKES
Sep 6, 2005

DAVID GAIDER
Lead Writer

Dapper_Swindler posted:

so is stuff still ongoing or has it been broken up?

Still ongoing, Fox News is live reporting. Very pro-Trump reporting, lots of foul mouthed Sanders supporters revealing their poor manners. The reporter's take: "their goal was to suppress Trump's right to free speech, and they've certainly accomplished that tonight."

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

SNAKES N CAKES posted:

"their goal was to suppress Trump's right to free speech, and they've certainly accomplished that tonight."

hell yeah!!!

SNAKES N CAKES
Sep 6, 2005

DAVID GAIDER
Lead Writer
Ben Carson live interview on Fox News: "It's very sad that so many, particularly of the younger generation, are being taught that, if you meet someone who disagrees with you, it's alright to interfere with their freedom of speech."

"The media should teach their viewers more about freedom of speech."

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
I would say 90% of Americans don't understand or have even read the 1st Amendment.

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp
my free speech!

*immediately appears on every 24 hour cable news network*

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Swagger Dagger posted:

You know that picture of American Nazis calmly hanging out in the front row of a Nation of Islam rally?

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.

Philthy posted:

I have no idea who MoveOn even is. Is this the Acorn for 2016 or something?

for 2004

http://www.foxnews.com/story/2004/01/06/ad-comparing-bush-to-hitler-gets-heat.html

I haven't heard of anybody really caring what they think since then.

stephenfry
Nov 3, 2009

I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.

SNAKES N CAKES posted:

Ben Carson live interview on Fox News: "It's very sad that so many, particularly of the younger generation, are being taught that, if you meet someone who disagrees with you, it's alright to interfere with their freedom of speech."

"The media should teach their viewers more about freedom of speech."
can we hire a lawyer to sit down with Carson and just explain reality to him

SNAKES N CAKES
Sep 6, 2005

DAVID GAIDER
Lead Writer
Carson thinks Trump should react to this protest by reaching out to Hillary and Bernie and jointly explaining the 1st amendment to America.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

SNAKES N CAKES posted:

Carson thinks Trump should react to this protest by reaching out to Hillary and Bernie and jointly explaining the 1st amendment to America.

I like the idea of Bernie telling Carson his March on Washington story

mightygerm
Jun 29, 2002

Irony is dead.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

spoon0042 posted:

my free speech!

*immediately appears on every 24 hour cable news network*

Huh, there seem to be words here about assembling to petition for a redress of grievances. Wonder what that might mean. :iiam:

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

stephenfry posted:

Does chicago have a reichstag? Has anyone checked if it is on fire? :ohdear:

I'm in downtown Chicago a few miles from the Trump rally and a few blocks from the Cruz thing.

Everything is quiet and looks perfectly normal, but everyone pretend I made a really funny joke about the city being on fire again, okay?

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
lol at the idea that a bunch of pissed off college students and moveon.org newsletter subscribers somehow "silenced" the man who could get the press to turn out to cover him taking a poo poo at a gas station

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

He's talking to me.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

SNAKES N CAKES posted:

and maybe cut out all those pesky references to religion and assembly while we're at it. and the press, they're scum.

stephenfry
Nov 3, 2009

I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.

mightygerm posted:

Irony is dead.

it died when dubya was elected and now a bank of butane torches is being run over the sterilized earth of the looted sepulchre where its corpse lay

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

america hates trump. I knew it intellectually but tonight I know it emotionally.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
Ahh yes,

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

Prorat posted:

I would say 90% of Americans don't understand or have even read the 1st Amendment.

lol

about the same as understand any amendments including the second, 13th, 14th, and 15th and whichever one was income tax

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Joementum posted:

Huh, there seem to be words here about assembling to petition for a redress of grievances. Wonder what that might mean. :iiam:

thats weird i just see the words "chilling effect" repeated five thousand times in increasingly hysterical handwriting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

National Review: I Have Very Important Questions About The Free Speech Of Television Personalities And Millionaire Presidential Candidates

• Locked thread