Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Super Librarian
Jan 4, 2005

Darth Windu posted:

What's a good item to do more damage as bard

rapid fire cannon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tyty
Feb 20, 2012

Night-vision Goggles Equipped!

K8.0 posted:

Jhin liked a mastery that got nerfed half a month before he was released? Riot playtester spotted.

Oh whoops.

Did thunderlords get nerfed then? I know at release people were using that but then something changed beyond just the w and ult change

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.

I am totally getting him after his first week price drop. He is too much of a dismissively smug rear end in a top hat for me not too.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
Is Bard really good because he feels super good, like he was fun before but now he's even more fun??

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler

The Crusher posted:

Can someone explain to me why Deathfire is Jhin's go-to? I'm sure there's a good reason I just don't know enough about either to get it.

also nothing else really fits, he can't stack fervor stacks, and warlord's bloodlust requires you to be at low health, which is a very bad place for a jhin to be at

an argument COULD be made for thunderlords, maybe???

Darth Windu posted:

Someone tell me that Liandry's is bad on bard and why because I really like it if you get ahead and need to add some punch to your stuff + they have tanks

it's not bad, it's usually my last item that i build because i don't trust my loving team to have tanks or any sort of useful tank whittling ability

Darth Windu posted:

Is Bard really good because he feels super good, like he was fun before but now he's even more fun??

he's pretty much been left alone for the past like 10 patches, he's always been really neat and fun to play, just most players have never played against him and don't expect the amount of burst he brings to a lane at level 1, and for whatever reason have a silly compulsion to chase after him in his portals, which makes it silly easy to set up a stun

couple that with some pretty substantial burst and ignite, and you can conceivably kill ADCs, midlaners, or assassins that chase you through the portal

fishception fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Mar 12, 2016

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I tried tank akali and the other team just wanted none of that poo poo. Lane swapped and camped hard by jungle/mid under tower. Meanwhile we had an ezreal "support" telling me I was so stupid for not building AP Akali after being camped all game and having a support player's budget.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
to be fair, you deserved that because you tried to play tank akali

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Verviticus posted:

to be fair, you deserved that because you tried to play akali

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler

Verviticus posted:

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Thunderlord has a static 25 second cooldown whereas DFT has none and Precision sucks compared to what it used to be, which is one reason people took Thunderlord in the first place. DFT helps finish people off when you're out of tools for sniping and can't go any further.

Peakay
Jun 29, 2013

Stealthy Simian of Trickery

Verviticus posted:

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

Verviticus posted:

Super Librarian
Jan 4, 2005

Verviticus posted:

Mottie
Mar 30, 2011

Darth Windu posted:

What's a good item to do more damage as bard

(yes I know if I flashed an inch to the right I would've gotten the stun I am bad)
Also despite what people say , bard has fairly strong waveclear mid and late due to the nature of his chimes.
Take Abyssal over Liandry's though since it does more for your team and gives you MR.
If you're playing mid/adc bard, a void staff is also good.
Don't be me and build damage Bard if you actually want to Seriously Win.

(I don't give a gently caress I just slaughter people with Bard for fun)

Mottie fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Mar 12, 2016

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer

I had a game the other day where I was jungling and our top nautilus went like 0/5 against a top Kalista and I wanted to tell him "well I mean you picked naut tho man so you kinda deserve it"

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Lots of akali hate itt and I greatly appreciate this

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler

Luna Was Here posted:

Lots of akali hate itt and I greatly appreciate this

akali is the only champion i legitimately loathe, her kit is just effective enough to let her snowball and dominate, but easily countered enough to make her pointless against anyone that can stop her

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

Stefan Prodan posted:

I had a game the other day where I was jungling and our top nautilus went like 0/5 against a top Kalista and I wanted to tell him "well I mean you picked naut tho man so you kinda deserve it"

I mean, today I had a guy who went double nashors lichbane Bard, and it sucked to lose but on the other hand people building like that and winning is positive reinforcement which should be avoided at all costs.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
I just mean if you pick top nautilus you're a terrible person

Mottie
Mar 30, 2011

El Estrago Bonito posted:

I mean, today I had a guy who went double nashors lichbane Bard, and it sucked to lose but on the other hand people building like that and winning is positive reinforcement which should be avoided at all costs.

Nashor's isnt even that good on Damage Bard, since you only have at best 4 autos that actually do damage unless if you build an ADC build. Build Lichbane and/or Ludens instead.

Mottie fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Mar 12, 2016

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

Verviticus posted:

Daemonlasher
Dec 31, 2012

SOULS?

Sperglord Firecock posted:

akali is the only champion i legitimately loathe, her kit is just effective enough to let her snowball and dominate, but easily countered enough to make her pointless against anyone that can stop her

I dunno, enemies have picked lee/shen to counter me a lot, but there's a lot of out play potential with her kit if you're using stacks of your ult wisely and abusing the move speed buff from dancing in and out of your W

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/2122040113/34336434

by the way devourer jarvan is legit as gently caress because if you land the 2 man ult on squishes you auto Q titanic hydra and insta gib whatever's in there

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Try devourer darius sometime, it seemed really stupid when i played against it once

KicksYouInHalf
Aug 6, 2007

National tragedy.

Stefan Prodan posted:

I just mean if you pick top nautilus you're a terrible person

say that to my face pussy you won't

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Verviticus posted:

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:

Sperglord Firecock posted:

he's pretty much been left alone for the past like 10 patches, he's always been really neat and fun to play, just most players have never played against him and don't expect the amount of burst he brings to a lane at level 1, and for whatever reason have a silly compulsion to chase after him in his portals, which makes it silly easy to set up a stun

couple that with some pretty substantial burst and ignite, and you can conceivably kill ADCs, midlaners, or assassins that chase you through the portal

Yeah, after the last round of buffs a while back he's pretty much been the best generalist support, and has seen a lot of pro play because of it.

RE: items, I personally think that if you want damage on Bard RFC is an especially good choice, because it gives you increased dps but also gives you a lot more pick potential with the increased range auto + meep slow, which is a lot of utility.

I generally favor more of an AS approach to building damage on Bard, especially because imo getting off more autos during a stun or in a fight to get off more meep empowered hits seems preferable to using his AP ratios and whatnot, but I could see an argument for something else.

Whatever you go though, keep in mind that there are hugely diminished returns on stacking slows iirc, so stuff like Rylais or Iceborn Gauntlet aren't actually particularly good on him, although the latter seems to be popular.

When I get to 6 items versus heavy tank teams I've gone BotRK a few times, which is definitely wrong but also very satisfying.

The caveat to all this dps talk, of course, is that Bard has really good base damage, and wants CDR and tank stats in most situations, so I think it's very, very rarely the right choice to build damage on Bard if you want an optimal build. But it is the fun choice, so who's to say that it's truly wrong, and when you're snowballing it's really fun.

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

I am strongly considering trying DFT on Pantheon in Q-heavy matchups, someone smarter than me please tell me why this is stupid

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
the thunderlords and flat pen from precision are really good for him

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

...I'm sorry. I can't seem to remember any of the rest.
you need a shitload of AD for DFT to be stronger than thunderlords too

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Hashtag Yoloswag posted:

you need a shitload of AD for DFT to be stronger than thunderlords too

On Pantheon Q

TD: 10 (+10 per level) and 30% bonus AD
Cooldown every 25 seconds

DFT: 8 (+60% bonus AD)
No cooldown

Not really "a shitload" considering how you can proc it permanently, if you do it twice in 25 seconds, you've probably already outdamaged TD.

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

...I'm sorry. I can't seem to remember any of the rest.

AHH FUGH posted:

On Pantheon Q

TD: 10 (+10 per level) and 30% bonus AD
Cooldown every 25 seconds

DFT: 8 (+60% bonus AD)
No cooldown

Not really "a shitload" considering how you can proc it permanently, if you do it twice in 25 seconds, you've probably already outdamaged TD.

ah yeah good point, i'm guessing the % armor mastery is also better pretty much as soon as the enemy top buys an armor item?

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

nobody talks to jax :(

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Thunderlords does aoe damage and I once got a triple kill as sona with it so I love it forever

Mierenneuker posted:

なに, バカ 外人"

I got low ping when I tried it using a proxy. It hurts.

Also they are still using the Ashe thornmail tutorial.

Tired Moritz fucked around with this message at 11:29 on Mar 12, 2016

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
I'm pretty sure it's not AoE damage

It can proc off AoE but it doesn't do damage to targets around it

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

AHH FUGH posted:

I'm pretty sure it's not AoE damage

It can proc off AoE but it doesn't do damage to targets around it

You are wrong

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich

henkman posted:

You are wrong

The wiki says nothing about AoE, only targets

http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Thunderlord%27s_Decree_(Season_2016_Mastery)

Not thinking of Bard's passive change or something?

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Hover over the mastery in the tree on that page, or in the tree in game, or in the tree here http://gameinfo.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/game-info/summoners/masteries/

Does damage in an area around the target

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Well I'll be damned

What's the radius? Tiny?

• Locked thread