Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

LadyAmbien posted:

I'm sorry! He's dealing with a new credit card fraud detection thingy right now because of that dipshit who keeps re-regging and crapping up GBS with like 35 garbage posts an hour, he should have the bugs worked out by tonight. Throw him a DM and maybe he can help you out!

ZDR told me it was because i am an idiot that doesnt know my own address and that was true!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

bring back old gbs posted:

ZDR told me it was because i am an idiot that doesnt know my own address and that was true!

This is the only site where I have to use my old address.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

LadyAmbien posted:

I'm sorry! He's dealing with a new credit card fraud detection thingy right now because of that dipshit who keeps re-regging and crapping up GBS with like 35 garbage posts an hour, he should have the bugs worked out by tonight. Throw him a DM and maybe he can help you out!

wait is that nutter using a stolen credit card or something?

because that would hilarious

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
we attract so many crazy people :allears:

hmmm, was kyoon only banned because of credit card fraud? I hope not I think pretty much anyone would have been willing to front him a legitimate account cert :buddy:

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

ANIME IS BLOOD posted:

we attract so many crazy people :allears:

hmmm, was kyoon only banned because of credit card fraud? I hope not I think pretty much anyone would have been willing to front him a legitimate account cert :buddy:

I hope kyoon was legit and not cc fraud because that would suck

who's the moron reregging to do cc fraud poo poo?

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
if kyoon asks, i will buy him an account and i will protect him from being banned

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
I launder stolen cc money by buying accounts and doing some great posts then flipping them on ebay for hu dreds of dollars

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
every post i make is a scam

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
In high school my friend made 15,000 dollars selling kingdom of loathing meat on ebay

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I wonder if ZDR's commit log for the forums has a bunch of normal poo poo and then just angry ranting and swearing when he finds something particularly dumb Radium did.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Cowman posted:

I hope kyoon was legit and not cc fraud because that would suck

Which one I remember at least 5 guys who were permad and reregged at least 30x each

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Cowman posted:

I'm guessing this guy because he was permabanned with the reason "gently caress off with your credit card fraud." I've been wrong before, though...

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

The Kins posted:

I'm guessing this guy because he was permabanned with the reason "gently caress off with your credit card fraud." I've been wrong before, though...

No, well I mean there might be a plot twist or something but that's not the one re-regging 50 times a day and being a schizo in threads. DARE is that guy. Or at least the one I've seen, who knows if we've had another person throw a tantrum.
Tactical Urban Homo was a long term poster who got into lots of slap fights and got constant new titles/AVs from folks who hated him.
He was permabanned for fighting a war of :10bux: and pointing out he'd always win since he as chargebacking all of his purchases.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Serious question for zdr: Can you make it so that you don't lose account upgrades if you get banned? Or is this not a technical issue and it's intentionally to make bans worse? I wouldn't mind the rereg fee, but I don't want to buy archives/plat if they just go away.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
archives actually persists through bans expressly because of some strange radium-related technical issue, as it turns out

the issue is probably fixed by now but I think archives has been left to work how it does because of precedent

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

I took part in a ban-me thread a while back to give lowtax :10bux:, and didn't lose plat or archive access.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

poisonpill posted:

Serious question for zdr: Can you make it so that you don't lose account upgrades if you get banned? Or is this not a technical issue and it's intentionally to make bans worse? I wouldn't mind the rereg fee, but I don't want to buy archives/plat if they just go away.

Please don't change a thing ZDR. Thanks for all the great work!

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

zen death robot posted:

yeah pretty much

post the git log

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
I think its very much intentional.

Losing av and plat makes you a bit more careful about things. If i could just pay $10 and get everything back id be tempted to post more obscenely.

Also 10 dollars in 2001 terms could buy a speedboat. Inflation has made a ban hardly a punishment at all.

Isaac fucked around with this message at 07:31 on Mar 12, 2016

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Isaac posted:

Also 10 dollars in 2001 terms could buy a speedboat. Inflation has made a ban hardly a punishment at all.

Yeah but my wages for the last decade have all been in platinum so they haven't kept up with inflation at all.

PopeCrunch
Feb 13, 2004

internets

The commit logs for semi popular goon game space station 13 are loving hysterical, they alternate between gouts of barely coherent profanity and outright suicide notes. One of them was just the word gently caress, in all caps, 157 times. So yeah I'm guessing the commit logs for the forums are a treasure.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

PopeCrunch posted:

The commit logs for semi popular goon game space station 13 are loving hysterical, they alternate between gouts of barely coherent profanity and outright suicide notes. One of them was just the word gently caress, in all caps, 157 times. So yeah I'm guessing the commit logs for the forums are a treasure.

My main regret about moving to the countey is i cant play ss13 anymore cause the internet sucks.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Before i was a gbs poster i wad a lljk ss13 player

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Isaac posted:

Before i was a gbs poster i wad a lljk ss13 player

im going to start drinking in t minus 30 minutes

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

Orkin Mang posted:

I been moonshinin so ive had liquor on my ol lips for about 6 hours now

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Isaac posted:

Losing av and plat makes you a bit more careful about things. If i could just pay $10 and get everything back id be tempted to post more obscenely.

ya if you want to be a $10 shitposter thats on you, but if you're a av+plat+archives ~$37 man i'd expect a bit of decorum

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Orkin Mang posted:

ey norm do a new podcast with jim norton

Bad Titty Puker
Nov 3, 2007
Soiled Meat

Isaac posted:

I was *just* crunching the numbers with the boys and inflation has been much lower in the last 15 years than I thought

Only registered members can see post attachments!

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Isaac posted:

But should those who buy platinum get punished more for breaking the forum rules than some random idiot? I think not.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Bad Titty Puker posted:

I was *just* crunching the numbers with the boys and inflation has been much lower in the last 15 years than I thought

well there's the proof. an account back then is worth an account AND half a name change today. we're gettin screwed here.

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

ey norm do a new podcast with jim norton

no anthony no show

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Orkin Mang posted:

no anthony no show
true nuff

rip patrice

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

true nuff

rip patrice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CybGo6hALVo

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
Hey ZDR can you make it so that when somebody makes a bad post a little gif of lowtax shaking his head pops up on screen and maybe going "shhhhhhh" like a librarian? Still brainstorming on this one open to suggs.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

a starwar betamax posted:

Hey ZDR can you make it so that when somebody makes a bad post a little gif of lowtax shaking his head pops up on screen and maybe going "shhhhhhh" like a librarian? Still brainstorming on this one open to suggs.

This but like with the Jurassic Park guy

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

PopeCrunch posted:

Didn't they once have a bugfix for turning invisible also rendering you deaf, because sounds could no longer see you?

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

a starwar betamax posted:

Can the little Lowtax head pop out and yell "Toasty!" any time there's a really sick burn?

tomatoes and shit
Sep 17, 2015

ANIME IS BLOOD posted:

archives actually persists through bans expressly because of some strange radium-related technical issue, as it turns out

the issue is probably fixed by now but I think archives has been left to work how it does because of precedent

Untrue

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Blurry Gray Thing posted:

Can the little Lowtax head pop out and yell "Toasty!" any time there's a really sick burn?

When two people are fighting in a thread, can Mortal Kombat pop up and they are forced to fight it out and whoever loses dies in real life(if it ends in a fatality)?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PopeCrunch
Feb 13, 2004

internets

The Kins posted:

Didn't they once have a bugfix for turning invisible also rendering you deaf, because sounds could no longer see you?

Yyyyyyyup!

• Locked thread