Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe
Dead Star kinda reminds me of Subspace: Continuum. Could be fun?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

I bought some Star Trek avatar because I had 3 bucks and change in my PSN wallet and it looks like he's busting a nut

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

The game did crash a few times for me and I could never get it to save the facial structure changes I made to my Boss so that was a pain, but it's an alright port otherwise.

barren_sky
May 6, 2004

Montalvo posted:

I liked the beta. The combat and ship classes reminded me a bit of the old Star Control II game. It's kinda hopeless playing it with silent randoms, because it does require teamwork. If you can put a team together and talk your way through a match, you're going to be destroying opponents left and right.

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe
Well, maybe once (if?) it comes out as a PS+ game we can get some goons together and get some games going. My regular RL friends seem to hate PS+ games with a passion, for some reason, and keep wanting to play GTA. :(

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

I want to say Saints Row 4 gave me about the same level of technical frustration on PS4 as on PS3 which, for me, translates to "not enough to ruin some of the most fun I've had in an open world game." I also like SR4 maybe a little too much so keep that in mind.

E: plus the dlc is great and besides the new stories you can turn the dubstep gun into a swingtime gun

Billy Elliot
Jul 7, 2011

Space Pirate

Montalvo posted:

I played the beta and it was a nice twin stick shooter in spaaaaaaaace. Didn't get too far in it, but I'm glad it's next month's PS+ title.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Everybody grab this now before it's gone, deal of the year on PSN credit. You need a paypal account for the deal to work. Cross posting from the video game deal thread:

Dr. Eldarion posted:

This will probably die quickly.

2 x $50 PlayStation Network Card for $80 after coupon code CMADNESS10

No tax and shipping is free. Always nice to get discounted PSN credit. :D

Whoever was asking for discounted PS+, here's your chance, use it to renew.

Cartoon Man fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Mar 11, 2016

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Cartoon Man posted:

Everybody grab this now before it's gone, deal of the year on PSN credit. You need a paypal account for the deal to work. Cross posting from the video game deal thread:

the link says 50 bucks for 1 card did i miss something?

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Put that in your cart, change it to x2, then select PayPal as payment, finnaly enter in the discount code, you should see the savings before you checkout.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Oh hey, here's another version of the code that can be used on a second order: CMADNESS20

:shepspends:

Also, the codes are good for any order at eBay (not just PSN credit) that's a minimum of $100 and expires at 7PM Pacific, so buy buy buy!

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

Should I be buying Assassin's Creed Vita for $6.75 or is that a bad idea?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

its not good but thats also not that much money

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:

Cartoon Man posted:

Does it ship digitally or physically?

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

mycot posted:

I just replaced the default PS4 theme with the Transistor one and between that and the Potemkin system voice for Guilty Gear I feel slick as hell.

Transistor is good all around, good times.

Go buy Transistor guys.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Mithaldu posted:

Does it ship digitally or physically?

If it's anything like other psn cards I've bought they come in the mail.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Aw, ok, no overseas buying then.

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

Begin the operations of the gas chambers, gas schools, gas universities, gas libraries, gas museums, gas dance halls, and gas threads, etcetera.
I DEMAND IT
So I bought a Hitman code from Amazon, and when I try to redeem it I get an error code WC 40371-5? I'm redeeming on a US account.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Awesome! posted:

its not good but thats also not that much money

The Gamers Gamble

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

zenintrude posted:

Should I be buying Assassin's Creed Vita for $6.75 or is that a bad idea?

It's got a lot of the same problems as 3, exacerbated by being on a portable console where fine control can be a problem. There's also a mechanic where changing your clothes both changes your notoriety and the way you move. It's neat in theory, but is kinda bad in execution.

While I didn't end up playing through the whole thing basically because of those two problems, Aveline is a much more likable and entertaining character than Connor, and I wish she had gotten a full console game instead of him.

Has anybody played the HD version for consoles? Does it make anything any better?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Cartoon Man posted:

That was me, and thanks! I'll grab that up.

mrEkli
Feb 9, 2004
I was there.

SpacePig posted:

It's got a lot of the same problems as 3, exacerbated by being on a portable console where fine control can be a problem. There's also a mechanic where changing your clothes both changes your notoriety and the way you move. It's neat in theory, but is kinda bad in execution.

While I didn't end up playing through the whole thing basically because of those two problems, Aveline is a much more likable and entertaining character than Connor, and I wish she had gotten a full console game instead of him.

Has anybody played the HD version for consoles? Does it make anything any better?

The HD version still has performance issues and subpar sound. But overall I enjoyed the original game and due to that, I enjoy the HD version. It takes the simplified combat of 3 and fun exploration of 2/Bro I felt. The Mexico levels were some of the best and the Bayou is a fun open world area.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

RBA Starblade posted:

That was me, and thanks! I'll grab that up.

You may need to use the CMADNESS20 code as the other one expired last night.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

illBilliam posted:

Whoa! That theme is right up my alley and I will be installing it as soon as I get back home. Thanks!

I have this thread to thank for letting me know it exists, since there's no "themes that don't suck" filter on the store. It really is nice, it's one of the most appropriate tie-ins ever.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

I was watching someone play some super bizarre Japanese game on Live on PlayStation last night; had the trappings of a musou game, clearly developed by Koei Tecmo/Omega Force, where you fly around on wires and cut up the appendages of giant naked zombie-like people.

Just when I was thinking this kind of poo poo would never even get considered for a US release, I realized it was the new Attack on Titan game, and now I can't wait for this ridiculous poo poo to get ported. I don't know anything about Attack on Titan but it was SO WEIRD.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

The way there making the game, it's actually going t faithfully retell the story so you won't have to watch the anime

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Here's some Vita gameplay of it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWlFfA10ZIo&t=407s

And here's the first bit of combat against an actual titan:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3j7UmH4dMaM&t=645s

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
Just finished Life Is Strange and I gotta say that that was the most depressing thing I've ever played. Every time I thought I was as down as I could get, the game kicked me in the balls again. I don't think I could play it again.

Edit: I did save Kate, though, so there was at least one uplifting thing, I guess. :unsmith:

...! fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Mar 13, 2016

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

enojy posted:

I was watching someone play some super bizarre Japanese game on Live on PlayStation last night; had the trappings of a musou game, clearly developed by Koei Tecmo/Omega Force, where you fly around on wires and cut up the appendages of giant naked zombie-like people.

Just when I was thinking this kind of poo poo would never even get considered for a US release, I realized it was the new Attack on Titan game, and now I can't wait for this ridiculous poo poo to get ported. I don't know anything about Attack on Titan but it was SO WEIRD.

its just an adaptation of a boring shonen series dude

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

PSA: you can buy US PSN $50 cards for $43 officially from ebay. Additionally, it seems if you spend $100 you can use the code C20FLASH to take out a whooping $20 of the total. Some reports are saying the code doesn't work anymore, though.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Saoshyant posted:

PSA: you can buy US PSN $50 cards for $43 officially from ebay. Additionally, it seems if you spend $100 you can use the code C20FLASH to take out a whooping $20 of the total. Some reports are saying the code doesn't work anymore, though.

150 bucks in cards for 109 hell yea.

I literally bought about 350 worth of gift cards for games for 269 bucks this week. Literally 81 bucks for free just for spending it in advance.

Apathetic Artist
Dec 23, 2010

...! posted:

Just finished Life Is Strange and I gotta say that that was the most depressing thing I've ever played. Every time I thought I was as down as I could get, the game kicked me in the balls again. I don't think I could play it again.

Edit: I did save Kate, though, so there was at least one uplifting thing, I guess. :unsmith:

I'm in exactly the same boat. I'm not usually in to this genre, but it was incredibly well told story and the time mechanic made for some interesting gameplay.

Very glad I decided to play it, but I don't know that I can handle the emotional roller coast again.

Zoph
Sep 12, 2005

Saoshyant posted:

Couldn't resist this. SFV season pass and Enter the Gungeon were on the shopping list anyway, so hooray.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
Why do these loving codes work for some people and not others :argh:.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

katkillad2 posted:

Why do these loving codes work for some people and not others :argh:.

You have to specifically check out with PayPal. Try that if you haven't.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Saoshyant posted:

does this expire or is it a new arrangement between paypal and sony?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Ineffiable posted:

You have to specifically check out with PayPal. Try that if you haven't.

I tried and no go. If I try to order 2 it says We can't apply this coupon until you reach the minimum order total. and if I try to order 3 it says We can't apply this coupon to your order.

barren_sky
May 6, 2004

...! posted:

Life is Strange is tough, no doubt. If you feel like playing something that's the exact emotional opposite, you have to give Tales from the Borderlands a go. I've only just finished the second chapter, but so far it is just so fun and so funny. Top-notch stuff.

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Saoshyant posted:

what a loving deal, jesus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
I would have been happy with the $100 for $80 deal from a few days ago but that code didn't work for me and I was trying this deal/code before anyone posted about it and it wouldn't accept the code. I was using paypal checkout, because eventually the store bugged out and paypal locked my account. I can't get past the proceed to checkout screen at this point.

• Locked thread