Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Ravenfood posted:

Its probably just my own personal over-exposure, but I feel like there's a huge uptick in TV ads that feature really creepily overprotective fathers as if its a virtue, too.

I can't remember when it wasn't a thing honestly, a staple of sitcoms for decades has been the overprotective father who interrogates any boy her daughter brings home.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Lol at a father who takes any interest in his daughters life

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Maybe it's because I just woke up but I can't really tell if this is pro- or anti-Trump. :confused:

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Picnic Princess posted:

Why do so many people hate fun things? He must have the shittiest life, and hopefully no actual friends because he would ruin everything for everyone all the time.

Fun is a good thing to have. That stupid-rear end post inspired me to post a fun picture of my angry cat. I regret nothing because fun is good and worth sharing with the world.

gently caress fun-haters.

I was trying to screencap that exact post, but I want to quote the kitty because :kimchi:

I find that people who are chronically angry about a) fun and b) being left out of the loop, culturally speaking, always bring up Kim Kardashian like she's some kind of special amulet you can bust out to prove how not-shallow you are.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Maybe it's because I just woke up but I can't really tell if this is pro- or anti-Trump. :confused:

They're calling the protests debauchery so they're pro trump. It does read like a person trying to get angry while they're on painkillers though

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!

Aesop Poprock posted:

Not being able to understand why human beings enjoy these types of stories and images also don't speak very well for their intelligence, unless they're autistic or have a similar condition. It's the funny story rant version of those weirdos who hold up Queen as some pinnacle of song writing/crafting/independence against types of music that are just supposed to be fun. Not only do they have no idea what they're talking about in the first place but they're angry at a thing for no reason other than to be mad at it

I think there's a reason for these people getting mad, but it doesn't have to do with the thing itself. These are people that feel out of place and uncomfortable with their peers, so they seize on superficial differences like the things others like they don't, and turn those differences into reasons they themselves are actually superior to everyone else rather than just different. And this is only ever expressed online because if they ever had actual conversations with people, they'd see how much it doesn't loving matter.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

I've heard it was the pro-Trump group that was getting violent so lol. But I guess we'll see how the media portrays it

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Aesop Poprock posted:

They're calling the protests debauchery so they're pro trump. It does read like a person trying to get angry while they're on painkillers though

Kit Walker posted:

I've heard it was the pro-Trump group that was getting violent so lol. But I guess we'll see how the media portrays it

:sigh:

Here's some more from the same guy, because he turned 30 a few months ago and so his KIDS THESE DAYS rants on my feed are making me a tiny bit crazy.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!
Puzzlegender.

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!
God drat it do I hate people who in all seriousness think turning 30 is old, and is an excuse to be grumpy at those darn kids with their beepbop music.

Minchin Dupree
Oct 23, 2008

...I'll smash them.
some light heartedness to start off with:

Jerry the literal mouse: has a dirty mind.

This just reeks of bitterness and :argh:

:psyduck:

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Aesop Poprock posted:

It'd be so ridiculously easy to make a list like that for the Bible without even having to exaggerate

"But, when we do it it's okay, 'cause we have the Truthtm !"

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

I'm the corded controller in TYOOL 2016.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Is that supposed to be Shaggy and Velma

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Thelma puts on a couple pounds and Shaggy won't even throw her a scooby snack no more. :smith:

E: Goddamnit Goose Fleet.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Dreddout posted:

maybe the battery ran out so they had to plug it in

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Obviously, there's a lot of things that contribute to accessing healthy food and *fart noise* but I love the false dichotomy between "teeny, expensive salad" and "incredibly large, calorie-heavy burrito". Like, those are the two foods that you can eat. Nothing else.

Minchin Dupree posted:

This just reeks of bitterness and :argh:

I understand all these words individually, but together they make no sense. Little pricks what?

Also, pet peeve: "You can't say poo poo about [banal activity] unless you have kids!" Like, I can't be tired or busy or hate grocery shopping because kids. Like, yes, having kids does make poo poo harder. It'd also be harder if I have diabetes or I cut my own hands off.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

Dreddout posted:

goose fleet posted:

Is that supposed to be Shaggy and Velma

Otisburg posted:

Thelma puts on a couple pounds and Shaggy won't even throw her a scooby snack no more. :smith:

FlyinPingu posted:

maybe the battery ran out so they had to plug it in

Guys... I think we might be overthinking this image.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

cash crab posted:

I understand all these words individually, but together they make no sense. Little pricks what?

It's a British phrase meaning they are pampered or have life particularly easy.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

cash crab posted:

Obviously, there's a lot of things that contribute to accessing healthy food and *fart noise* but I love the false dichotomy between "teeny, expensive salad" and "incredibly large, calorie-heavy burrito". Like, those are the two foods that you can eat. Nothing else.

Have you ever seen a chef's salad? Nothing about them is "teeny." They are meant to be a whole meal.

Edit: they also contain every ingredient you can fathom and take a bit of work to make so that probably factors into the price tag too.

Mak0rz has a new favorite as of 20:53 on Mar 12, 2016

TheDon01
Mar 8, 2009

cash crab posted:

Or ya know, don't eat the whole burrito.

Degenerate Star
Oct 27, 2005
unlikely
Be fair. The salad leaves him "half-dead inside". You wouldn't want to be half-dead, would you? Obviously he can only survive on cheap Mexcan food.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

Mak0rz posted:

Have you ever seen a chef's salad? Nothing about them is "teeny." They are meant to be a whole meal.

Edit: they also contain every ingredient you can fathom and take a bit of work to make so that probably factors into the price tag too.

For some reason, I was thinking Caesar salad. You're right, that makes less sense. It has two types of meat and several eggs. Who's hungry after that?

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!
This is a person who once read the term "chef's salad" on a menu before skipping to the burgers. He believes all salads to be the couple leaves of romaine and some cherry tomatoes that he ignores while waiting for his steak to arrive.

Guilty Spork
Feb 26, 2011

Thunder rolled. It rolled a six.
See, I'd be more on board with this if the father then handed his daughter a bulletproof vest, because otherwise it just makes it look like the guy has no idea what a screen protector is actually for. But then if your concern is that people are going to devalue your iPad by having sex with it... I guess that makes more sense than the same thing happening to a woman, actually.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Otisburg posted:

E: Goddamnit Goose Fleet.

I think snacks were the problem here.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

cash crab posted:

For some reason, I was thinking Caesar salad. You're right, that makes less sense. It has two types of meat and several eggs. Who's hungry after that?

Americans. :911:

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Guilty Spork posted:

See, I'd be more on board with this if the father then handed his daughter a bulletproof vest, because otherwise it just makes it look like the guy has no idea what a screen protector is actually for. But then if your concern is that people are going to devalue your iPad by having sex with it... I guess that makes more sense than the same thing happening to a woman, actually.

Wait, i thought we invented touchscreens so someone could use a device with their dick?

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
I smell a new marketing strategy for Windows 10.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Some dummy posted a long screed about how Ellen Paige is ruining America (under a Daily Show article about her new program), then pimped his comic page as what's going to save the country:

https://www.facebook.com/chepoteam?hc_location=ufi

How does this page have 100,000 likes?

Also:

change my name has a new favorite as of 04:20 on Mar 13, 2016

ASIC v Danny Bro
May 1, 2012

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
CAPTAIN KILL

Just HEAPS of dead Palestinnos for brekkie, mate!

"I know lifters, lifters love me, I lift great weights."

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Really make$ you think :eyepop:

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
None of you guys who think it's bad to want your daughter to dress modestly are parents, right?

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!

Ein cooler Typ posted:

None of you guys who think it's bad to want your daughter to dress modestly are parents, right?

Please defend the dumb macro where a made up dad shames his made up daughter by comparing her body to an iPad for us.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Ein cooler Typ posted:

ipad screen stickers are transparent so the dad is bein super weird there.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Ein cooler Typ posted:

What that post was about was basically this:

Which says "If men can see your skin or figure you are now a spoiled possession". Equating a woman's body to a phone screen that is permanently damaged with exposure is gross, in the same way as that awful "vaginas are locks and penises are keys" analogy. It's nothing to do with modesty and everything to do with her value as an attainable object.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Ein cooler Typ posted:

How dense are you?

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Ein cooler Typ posted:

Buddhism is the original Red Pill.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Lottery of Babylon posted:

Profound.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

Lottery of Babylon posted: