Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Karnivool
May 28, 2009

Phobophilia posted:

Gear and passives

Working on finishing out Templar area (I prioritised Shadow earlier because I needed dex on gear).

Looks like your profile is set to private

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
Could I get a guild invite for Bogsnatch please, thanks.

West007
Apr 21, 2013

How do guilds work? Do the gateways matter in any way?

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

The only things I'm aware of that guild membership changes are the guild chat channel, access to guild stash, and having the glorious PANTS IN EXILE text float over your head

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

West007 posted:

How do guilds work? Do the gateways matter in any way?

Guilds are account-based; gateway, league, and character don't matter.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Flesh Forge posted:

The only things I'm aware of that guild membership changes are the guild chat channel, access to guild stash, and having the glorious PANTS IN EXILE text float over your head

Don't forget "GOATSE" in front of your name.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
I legitimately hate to do this, but I have two rare jewels that I THINK are worth a lot that I just cannot sell. Does any Goon have interest in them? Or does anyone know what kinda price I should be asking for? I've listed them on poe.trade, but I've had absolutely no nibbles. :(

Rarity: Rare
Brood Hope
Viridian Jewel
--------
Item Level: 40
--------
6% increased Attack Speed with Swords
+13% to Melee Critical Strike Multiplier
7% increased maximum Life
--------
Place into an allocated Jewel Socket on the Passive Skill Tree. Right click to remove from the Socket.

Rarity: Rare
Armageddon Wound
Crimson Jewel
--------
Item Level: 36
--------
10% increased Damage
14% increased Physical Weapon Damage while Dual Wielding
+15% to Critical Strike Multiplier while Dual Wielding
2% increased Attack and Cast Speed
--------
Place into an allocated Jewel Socket on the Passive Skill Tree. Right click to remove from the Socket.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
those don't seem that good? like try to look at what high priced jewels actually have?

in addition this league's economy is super weird, you may have just lovely luck, too

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Phobophilia posted:

Gear and passives

Working on finishing out Templar area (I prioritised Shadow earlier because I needed dex on gear).

This may be a dumb question, but isn't it a bad idea to go for power charges and crit when your using controlled destruction reducing your crit chance by 100%? or does it just not matter?

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

This may be a dumb question, but isn't it a bad idea to go for power charges and crit when your using controlled destruction reducing your crit chance by 100%? or does it just not matter?

Controlled destruction is worth using with no crit nodes, or a high crit chance. There's a decently sized range where it's not worth using, but pretty much any mapping crit-based character should have enough. An easy way to tell is by looking at your character sheet DPS for your skill, if it goes up by more than like 10-15% when you slot in controlled destruction, it's worth using.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Hm, this actually seems like a hard choice, Cruel bandit rewards for blade vortex necromancer tank, skill point, 5% cast speed or 16% physical damage?

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
What's a good level to do cruel lab on? I really need those two ascendancy points to finish my build, but I've heard scary things about the place.

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

Broken Cog posted:

What's a good level to do cruel lab on? I really need those two ascendancy points to finish my build, but I've heard scary things about the place.

If you want to have an easy time I'd do it at lvl 60+ or even 65 depending on build. Izaro just hits pretty hard relative to when you can do it.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

I just did the normal labyrinth at 65. It was fairly easy :v:

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
Reason number 200 why I don't play hardcore anymore. Lmao.

https://www.twitch.tv/mannercookie/v/54093464

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Holyshoot posted:

Yeah, gently caress hc. I quit playing HC in these things when a brownout killed me on one of the goon D2ES realms years ago.

Shinino Kage
Sep 5, 2008
Admittedly, if he had alt-F4'd immediately rather than went, "Oh, what should I do? Should I sit here? Should I log out? Should I stick my thumb up my rear end? I don't know? Did I die? I don't know! Oh, I'll...maybe, I'll hit Alt-F4. No, I'll click here instead. Oh it says it isn't responding..." and so on.

gently caress, as soon as I see that blue circle, I'm in Task Manager and quitting that poo poo.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't
I love this league/game.

Magus42 fucked around with this message at 09:12 on Mar 13, 2016

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009

Holyshoot posted:

While that sucks, he had a kinda annoying voice and actually sits through windows' "Checking for solution" instead of hitting cancel to instaclose that poo poo, so i feel less bad.

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!
Yea, people with annoying voices deserve to die.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
Yep, literally exactly what i said.

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

RosaParksOfDip posted:

While that sucks, he had a kinda annoying voice and actually sits through windows' "Checking for solution" instead of hitting cancel to instaclose that poo poo, so i feel less bad.

Mannercookie is also a pretentious loving wank who was banned from Diablo 3 for showing an exploit on his stream and then posted a big shpiel on their forums about how he was a martyr who only did it to "force Blizzard's hand" when they didn't fix the bug quickly enough and they repaid him by banning him blah blah blah. He's a giant baby, basically. Any sane person would alt-f4 as soon as the loading screen froze. I play SC and I do it just to save time.

Rurutia
Jun 11, 2009
He wouldn't be dead if he ran max block, wicked ward and xirgils crank instead of scion. Shits broken.

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.
If you play hardcore and a zone takes way longer to load than usual don't even wait for the crash just alt+f4. That's how you save yourself from literally becoming cybrix "AH DA???!?"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSyOcf9H3Ik&t=22s

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
Oh ya I'm also glad he died as he's a giant douche bag but I wasn't sure if goons felt the same way.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

I don't have an opinion about the dude because frankly I "don't get" streaming video games or why people watch that poo poo, them but there is something wrong with that particular map, that kind of thing has happened to me too many times with that one.

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

"yes James. Remove that from my presence. It... Offends me" *sips overpriced wine*

Flesh Forge posted:

I don't have an opinion about the dude because frankly I "don't get" streaming video games or why people watch that poo poo, them but there is something wrong with that particular map, that kind of thing has happened to me too many times with that one.

Sometimes you just want to kick back and watch someone play a game that you don't really feel like playing.

This unfortunately led to the rise of stream "personalities" and hosed up the whole ecosystem.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
Yeah personally I can't stand watching arpgs but if it's some kind of team-based game with decent commentary, it's not half bad. The only time I watch poe streamers is build videos and then I try and go for ones laid out in a thread instead.

devoir
Nov 16, 2007
Someone asked for my profile link so they could look at my earthquake char - https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/devoir/ - erfquerk is the char name in Perandus.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Public service announcement to remind you to visit your neighborhood vendors often, Hargan in cruel had a 6 link for me.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

devoir posted:

Someone asked for my profile link so they could look at my earthquake char - https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/devoir/ - erfquerk is the char name in Perandus.

why the devotos that makes no sense I mean look at the stats, wouldn't you use whirling blades for mov... oh dear, oh my god

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

devoir posted:

I want to see how this plays

resting bort face
Jun 2, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
I've been trying to find an archetype I really like. The basic lightning arrow skill/build was all right, but I'm surprised by how much I'm loving this Templar I've got now with two fire totems, plus molten orb. I found a Flammability gem, along with a Vaal Ice Nova to keep crowds under control.

What do I need to know about the passive that gives me an extra totem but makes me do zero damage?

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Mortimer posted:

Worse then a normal eq build I'd imagine.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

resting bort face posted:

What do I need to know about the passive that gives me an extra totem but makes me do zero damage?

Pretty much exactly what it sounds like.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

resting bort face posted:

Searing Bond doesn't count towards the totem limit, traps and mines don't count as you causing the damage so can happily be used alongside totems.

Ada
Apr 22, 2014

Practice proper gun's safety.
Just found 2 exalts in a level 4 Zana daily, what are some fun things I can buy?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

anyone have a cool spectral throw build? got a skin for it out of one of the gambling boxes. a little required gear is ok. cadiro is my bro and sold me an ex for 999 coins.

devoir
Nov 16, 2007

The Real Foogla posted:

why the devotos that makes no sense I mean look at the stats, wouldn't you use whirling blades for mov... oh dear, oh my god

I bought the helmet. I use whirling blades for movement as you can see from the gems in my sockets. I don't have any resist gaps and until I can farm the enchant onto another helmet, it really doesn't matter. I have over 5.4k health.

Holyshoot posted:

Worse then a normal eq build I'd imagine.

Why do you think that?

I have whirling blades for movement, the use of a one hander means I have a significant survivability boost. I have 100% aftershock proc rate due to the reduced and less duration, so I can take my 35k tooltip (when just setup for fast clear, without conc effect, etc that I'd use for Izaro or Atziri) and add 177% to that - 96k effective tooltip.

Mortimer posted:

I whirl to a pack, proc fortify from the whirl. Enduring Cry if I want endurance charges. Earthquake - anything that's not an extra life blue pack, rare or boss will generally die in the single earthquake or aftershock. Whirl away. If I take damage, Immortal Call and Molten Shell proc. Immortal Call consumes the endurance charges, and after it fades Molten Shell is still there for a significant armour boost.

Most map bosses up to tier 7 (so far) die in 4-5 earthquake/aftershock combos with an attack time of 0.45 seconds - so generally 3-4 seconds.

Awesome! posted:

anyone have a cool spectral throw build? got a skin for it out of one of the gambling boxes. a little required gear is ok. cadiro is my bro and sold me an ex for 999 coins.

Ele crit spectral throw is what I started the league as. Wrath + Herald of Thunder for auras. Fast foil with flat ele and increased attack speed (2.0 attacks per second is target).

devoir fucked around with this message at 10:03 on Mar 14, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

"yes James. Remove that from my presence. It... Offends me" *sips overpriced wine*

Ada posted:

Just found 2 exalts in a level 4 Zana daily, what are some fun things I can buy?

A good marohi and an astramentis. and then donate them to my poor rear end

• Locked thread