Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Don't know exactly but yeah it's not huge

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I think it's shroom size.

Lerius
Mar 9, 2013
I don't know/understand how half of the interactions in this game work. Very little is explained plainly in game. Or you get things with different explanations on different screens (website vs. tooltip vs. client)

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Hashtag Yoloswag posted:

ah yeah good point, i'm guessing the % armor mastery is also better pretty much as soon as the enemy top buys an armor item?

the % pen is the worst part of the offense tree

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Nah it's still better than the AP/AD per level mastery.

Most people still take armor yellows especially in top lane. You get some value out of it no matter what, especially going into mid-late where most people will have bought at least one armor item.

stump collector
May 28, 2007

The Shortest Path posted:

Nah it's still better than the AP/AD per level mastery.

Most people still take armor yellows especially in top lane. You get some value out of it no matter what, especially going into mid-late where most people will have bought at least one armor item.

oh right, i always take the spellvamp one. i just meant having to choose between low percentage armor pen and magic pen values sucks rear end

GET INTO DA CHOPPA
Nov 22, 2007
D:
Aurelion Sol is so sassy, he's more drag queen than dragon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0-pxxx6qOw

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

exethan posted:

oh right, i always take the spellvamp one. i just meant having to choose between low percentage armor pen and magic pen values sucks rear end

2% vamp is also pretty mediocre but yeah you're right. I wish they combined the two %pen masteries and added another to that tier. There are very few champions who benefit from both that don't want flat pen and thunderlords anyway. Kog'Maw, maybe, and he just got dumpstered.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016

Flipswitch posted:

played first game in 5 months and man Mf still hella rad, that walk is the A game let me tell ya.

Is there a write up at all on the ADC items now? I kinda just built the ones that looked cool and did well. Normally I'd follow probuilds or something but I wouldn't mind figuring out why things are good from someone elses perspective.

Ability spamming adcs go Essence Reaver first like Lucian, MF. Usually Rapid Fire Cannon second, Infinity Edge, Blood Thirster, boots (swifties are really good right now) and Lord Dominik's.

You can also go to https://github.com/dustinblackman/Championify and download itemsets for every champion based off of champion.gg builds. Really helpful.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Weirdly there are still Kog truthers insisting his new dumpstered win rate isn't accurate because he was disabled due to a bug that almost definitely did nothing to his win rate.

I am so loving baffled about why there is this huge contingent of people defending his rework.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
They should just roll back all of the changes to Kog but leave the execute on his ult because I think it's hilarious

Safety Scissors
Feb 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
They should just keep all the changes to kog and make a publicly available file of quotes asking for the changes to be reverted.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

rabidsquid posted:

Weirdly there are still Kog truthers insisting his new dumpstered win rate isn't accurate because he was disabled due to a bug that almost definitely did nothing to his win rate.

I am so loving baffled about why there is this huge contingent of people defending his rework.

Doesn't he end up having a better lategame because AS scaling is better on him now or something?

itsjustdrew
May 13, 2014
The more you quote me, the worse I post :smug:
ASK ME ABOUT HOW I DON'T NEED TO READ TO PLAY LEAGUE OF LEGENDS

Doesn't he end up having a better lategame because AS scaling is better on him now or something?

If I remember right they've dumpstered the AS growth on W, but if you ma W first you get 25 MagDmg @ lvl9. which is roughly a 900G buff by that level. it used to be the case that it was 15 damage at all levels where now I'd imagine it's 5/10/15/20/25. so + 10 damage on maxed W but - the AS growth %

(not sure if these figures are exact but i know the cause is something on these lines.)

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
No one can ever be sure how good Kog'Maw is at any point in the game. You either dumpster dive him with CC and kill him all game, or you miss one engagement on him and then wipes your whole team single-handedly with 8000 hybrid damage.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
He's probably the biggest example of feast of famine in this game right now. I've seen Kog'Maw with a good peel comp shred through the other team, and I've seen Kog'Maw just get camped and be nothing but pitiful passive damage.

ROX Tigers had some great Kog'Maw comps and then just poo poo-stomped with them.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016

itsjustdrew posted:

If I remember right they've dumpstered the AS growth on W, but if you ma W first you get 25 MagDmg @ lvl9. which is roughly a 900G buff by that level. it used to be the case that it was 15 damage at all levels where now I'd imagine it's 5/10/15/20/25. so + 10 damage on maxed W but - the AS growth %

(not sure if these figures are exact but i know the cause is something on these lines.)

Yeah they got rid of the +%AS but made his AS growth per level about 3.6 from 1.something. He should still be scary mid-late game so you have to shut him down early.

Xyretire
May 22, 2003
Lickin' the Gun.

He gets more AS/level now. But that just means he hits the same attack speed at level 18 that he did at 9 (when the AS was on W) or 13/18 (when it was on Q if you leveled Q 2nd or last).

itsjustdrew posted:

He used to have a 15 damage minimum on his W. That only ever really came into effect if your target had less than 750 max health, so probably levels 1-5? I think the loss of the early attack speed is hurting him a lot more than the damage buff.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

So does that make AS% from items give him more or is that not how AS growth works?

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot
Attack speed growth is bonus attack speed. It's unlike any other stat. Bases attack speed is the most important thing on an autoattacker.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016

So does that make AS% from items give him more or is that not how AS growth works?

He just gets more AS every level up than he used to, but he doesn't get the bonus %AS from his W anymore.

BigLeafyTree
Oct 21, 2010

Base attack speed is what changes the value/effect of attack speed on champs. AS growth is identical to AS from items. So if you had two champs with hugely varying base attack speeds, let's say 1 atk/s and 2 atk/s, the one with a greater base attack speed benefits 'more' because their base is so much better. For example if both champs had +100% AS the 1 atk/s would go to 2, and the 2 atk/s would go to 4.

That's basically how Kog works actually, along with raising his attack speed cap.

BigLeafyTree fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Mar 12, 2016

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Okay so base AS and AS growth works differently from how base AD works. Thanks.

RIP Kogmaw's early-midgame.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
[9:56PM] Ez Been Real: come play with these pubs with me
they're like silvers
[10:24PM] Caster Minion: why are you making me beat up toddlers
[10:25PM] Ez Been Real: you act like you dont enjoy it

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
Crazycracka32: 9x syndra thx
XHappYFaceS: this syndra bans my udyr
XHappYFaceS: and then
Crazycracka32 left the room.
Gladiator Nukka left the room.
XHappYFaceS: feeds her *** off in mid

lol twice in a row they dog piled their own mid laner for losing lane.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Vi is amazing to play

Their Draven won lane really badly and started talking a ton of poo poo so I spent the rest of the game screwing him over

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

He couldn't have won lane that hard if he died to the jungler!

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

rabidsquid posted:

He couldn't have won lane that hard if he died to the jungler!

Just because you win lane doesnt mean you're good. It just means the other person is worse.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

lucifirius posted:

Ability spamming adcs go Essence Reaver first like Lucian, MF. Usually Rapid Fire Cannon second, Infinity Edge, Blood Thirster, boots (swifties are really good right now) and Lord Dominik's.

You can also go to https://github.com/dustinblackman/Championify and download itemsets for every champion based off of champion.gg builds. Really helpful.
oh sweet, cheers dude will check this out.

thanks for replies on masteries too thread but judging by response nobody is entirely sure either haha. I'll just pick stuff and figure it out as i play again. Gonna do my promos tomorrow and see if I get back into the dizzying heights of Gold I again.

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Look who I ran into

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

AHH FUGH posted:

Look who I ran into

i re-listened to the destiny / xj9 series the other day and wondered what he was up to all these years later. the most powerful autism in recorded history

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

other than releasing pics of his girlfriend(?) for playing lee sin* and being a brony fucker thats all i know about him

that is pretty massively autistic

* - playing lee sin outside of support is pretty unforgivable though.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Flipswitch posted:

other than releasing pics of his girlfriend(?) for playing lee sin* and being a brony fucker thats all i know about him

The only good Lee sin is an ad assassin one

Tanky Lee sin can gently caress off forever

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

I went from Rammus' Commandos (radical) to Akali's Demolishers (lame) though

SaberToothedPie
Dec 24, 2012

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frolf:

he knows...
when i got to plat friday i went from cass's executioners to olaf's defiants :(

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Flipswitch posted:

Enjoy
https://youtu.be/bc7ZMDRbF2s

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Flipswitch posted:

xj9 was one of the best junglers in the world and if he was not xj9 he would be the most beloved streamer of all time. unfortunately he was also a mentally ill brony who made like 6000 accounts on the forums to pimp out his stream which was already popular(5k-10k viewers) anyway because he was probably the best vi player in addition to all of the other stuff you know

BigLeafyTree
Oct 21, 2010

Is it just me or is Sivir really good right now? Ricochet crits mean that targets that were only getting tickled by you before in teamfights are now taking big chunks and her waveclear is even stronger.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stump collector
May 28, 2007

BigLeafyTree posted:

Is it just me or is Sivir really good right now? Ricochet crits mean that targets that were only getting tickled by you before in teamfights are now taking big chunks and her waveclear is even stronger.

yes, sivir is insane and will be nerfed within 1 or 2 patches

• Locked thread