Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Speaking of coin dungeons I don't think it was mentioned in the thread, but there a bunch of collab dungeons in the coin rotation right now (when it comes back up)!

Groove Coaster (Has skill ups for Ares, Artemis and I&I)
Super Gunma
Taiko no Tatsujin
Takoaka City
and another one I can't remember maybe?

And they're all 2x drops for the even! Pretty sweet if any of those have skill ups for cards you wanted. Speaking of Groove Coaster, I'm halfway tempted to try and whale this godfest to get Linka because she's so darn cute. Not particularly great even to my terrible judgement, though her active seems kinda cool to put on a team with a bunch of time extends.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cirus
Apr 5, 2011
Soloed Ultimate Devil Rush with Saria/Thor. I tried Ra a few times but there's no buffer for bad boards with everything hitting so hard. I'm probably going to alternate this and Z8.

Missing Fox
Apr 19, 2015
I had a bunch of stamina that was going to go waste, so I figured I'd get some practice running Zaerog for the first time... and won! Was pretty easy running with A.Bastet/GValk/Perseus/Kaede/A.Meimei/A.Bastet, mostly skilled but no +'s except on friend Bastet. The dungeon gives quite a few opportunities to stall if you want. Tried it a few more times, I've got a ~40% clear rate now.

Tried it with Ra as well, but not as familiar running dungeons with him. Is there some secret to not getting color screwed all the time?

SaffronKit posted:

Taiko no Tatsujin

If you're new-ish, this collab (now in coin dungeons) is a fairly easy dungeon and great place to get a poison skill and Solar Lazer/true damage skill if you need them.

Question Time
Sep 12, 2010

Missing Fox posted:

Tried it with Ra as well, but not as familiar running dungeons with him. Is there some secret to not getting color screwed all the time?

Multiple max skilled Kalis. There's a reason you see them on every Ra team running tough dungeons.

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE

Missing Fox posted:

If you're new-ish, this collab (now in coin dungeons) is a fairly easy dungeon and great place to get a poison skill and Solar Lazer/true damage skill if you need them.

Great, where are coin dungeons? :v:

Jokes aside, the collab coin dungeons were super cheap at 50k coins per hour when I looked at them before they were disabled. If you're new and need a bit of cash, run the 10 stam challenge dungeon for an easy 500k, or pull on the Enhance machine and sell any Gold Dragons that pop out. It's also the weekend and the weekend dungeon has lots of cash, plus it's tricolor so it's easy to get big combo counts for your harder leads.

Xenochrist
Sep 11, 2006

LuciferMorningstar posted:

NepDra (max-skill, 2 skill-delay resists, but <50 +eggs)/Hermes/Gabriel/AKarin/AIsis

Everyone is max-skilled, max-awoken, Hermes is +297

If you get orb-trolled on R1, you either burn an active or you're hosed. Generally, though, 5 water orbs or a row of dark orbs will clear that. You just have to hoard water orbs and not use more than you need to kill a particular enemy. NepDra once you hit Z8. On his next form, I stall a turn to bait the bind, use Isis, and then use an active (almost always Hermes) to get 36X damage.

Yeah I needed more orb changers. I also said gently caress it yet again and bought 2x skill delay latents for my neptuna, and actually after teaming up with blonias, i've had 100% success with tuna/andro/karin/hatsume/i&i/blonia, only using i&i over isis bc i&i is maxed and has better awakenings. Having blonia as an extra orb changers really helps bc you dont really need 2x poisons, as opposed to mythical plus...

Xenochrist fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Mar 12, 2016

bengy81
May 8, 2010
So I'm thinking about buying skill bond resists for my RA team.

Currently running RA/L.kali/L.Kali/A.yomi/A.Isis.
RA has a few fingers, one of the light Kali's has 5 fingers. I'm thinking I put 2 fingers on RA, but at least for farming Z8 I feel like it would be worth having fingers on a Kali as well. I could also throw Indra, D Iza or Raph for damage mitigation if I needed to.

Thoughts?

Plorkyeran
Mar 22, 2007

To Escape The Shackles Of The Old Forums, We Must Reject The Tribal Negativity He Endorsed
loving Tengu. Even after dumping 150 +eggs on GYP and sinking a bunch of XP into some subs it still took me a few tries because there's a fucker with a red bind on floor two and with only 1.5k rcv it turns out that it's possible to get heart trolled long enough to burn through 60k HP even when doing 5+ combos per turn.

H.P. Grenade
Oct 21, 2003

Smooth.
Pulling three times on the Director's Choice last time gave me a DValk, GValk, and Ares, so of course this time two pulls gives me a Woodbahn and a Water Dragon Swordsman.

They seriously need a better way of chasing valkeries.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

bengy81 posted:

So I'm thinking about buying skill bond resists for my RA team.

Currently running RA/L.kali/L.Kali/A.yomi/A.Isis.
RA has a few fingers, one of the light Kali's has 5 fingers. I'm thinking I put 2 fingers on RA, but at least for farming Z8 I feel like it would be worth having fingers on a Kali as well. I could also throw Indra, D Iza or Raph for damage mitigation if I needed to.

Thoughts?

First, you already have 4.5+ seconds of extra time with that team. If with that kind of time you're having trouble then spending 200k points to buy an extra second is not going to help you much, don't waste your points on more fingers (2 fingers are .1 seconds). Second: why would you need damage mitigation with a glass cannon team (that should not have trouble doing six combos)? To make it a less effective paper pistol team?

If you are so scared about the six combo thing just team with a Ra with a skill delay prevention latent.

trucutru fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Mar 13, 2016

bengy81
May 8, 2010

trucutru posted:

First, you already have 4.5+ seconds of extra time with that team. If with that kind of time you're having trouble then spending 200k points to buy an extra second is not going to help you much, don't waste your points on more fingers (2 fingers are .1 seconds). Second: why would you need damage mitigation with a glass cannon team (that should not have trouble doing six combos)? To make it a less effective paper pistol team?

If you are so scared about the six combo thing just team with a Ra with a skill delay prevention latent.

Sorry, I meant that I wanted to spend some MP on skill deley resists, tapped that out on my phone when I was taking a break from a remodel project. I definitely think I have enough time extends. I can solo both levels of Zaerog, but I do fail more than I would like to.
I am basically just looking to make my team a little more brainless for farming.
Also, nobody ever has RA up anymore on my friends list anymore, much less one with resists.

Slappy Pappy
Oct 15, 2003

Mighty, mighty eagle soaring free
Defender of our homes and liberty
Bravery, humility, and honesty...
Mighty, mighty eagle, rescue me!
Dinosaur Gum
No shame dragons and 220k MP. Should I buy Linka or not as a leader? Other light cards I have include 2xApollo, Ilm, Saria, Ars Nova, Thouzer, Ariel, LIza, LMeta, Hathor, chibiSakuya, Fuu, Baal, Fat Chocobo, Dragon Rider Arthur.

If it helps, I'm bad at this game and not great with rainbow teams yet.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Spamtron7000 posted:

No shame dragons and 220k MP. Should I buy Linka or not as a leader? Other light cards I have include 2xApollo, Ilm, Saria, Ars Nova, Thouzer, Ariel, LIza, LMeta, Hathor, chibiSakuya, Fuu, Baal, Fat Chocobo, Dragon Rider Arthur.

If it helps, I'm bad at this game and not great with rainbow teams yet.

Linka is complete poo poo. 1/36/1 is ok but not amazing these days, her stats are complete garbage, and she lacks any skill boosts or skill bind resists. Avoid her at all costs.

You already have way better light leaders in Ilm and Saria.

Paul Zuvella fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Mar 13, 2016

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Linka looks like she could be a decent sub for someone but ehhhhh, 200k MP? For those awakenings?

Meanwhile, 0/15 on Scarlet. Yeah. Great. Maybe time to do something else for a while.
Mythic Plus is actually not real hard but there's a lot less room to mess around due to the higher damage from DQ plus having to have Rodin around wasting space.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

Linka looks like she could be a decent sub for someone but ehhhhh, 200k MP? For those awakenings?

Meanwhile, 0/15 on Scarlet. Yeah. Great. Maybe time to do something else for a while.
Mythic Plus is actually not real hard but there's a lot less room to mess around due to the higher damage from DQ plus having to have Rodin around wasting space.

Out of curiosity what is your Raoh team? I want to try mine out just because hes rare and cool, also I still need to do Scarlet.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

For the regular difficulty I use: Raoh/Leilan/Chiyome/Belial/Urd/Raoh
As you'd expect the most important thing is to have max skill levels, and as many +eggs as you can get. Really you just pop whatever's most convenient each floor and avoid take any hits, you can tank the hit from DQ and then heal a little with Urd (or Rozuel if you want to use her instead) to tank 1 hit from Scarlet and that's it. With R/R teams, you generally do better the more you just go ham with active skills due to all the haste you're bringing. You can do it with a bunch of different variations as long as you've got the HP to tank DQ + Scarlet.

For Mythic Plus I used: Raoh/Leilan/Belial/Urd/Rodin/Raoh
Same idea but you've got one less active to work with.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

bengy81 posted:

Sorry, I meant that I wanted to spend some MP on skill deley resists, tapped that out on my phone when I was taking a break from a remodel project. I definitely think I have enough time extends. I can solo both levels of Zaerog, but I do fail more than I would like to.
I am basically just looking to make my team a little more brainless for farming.
Also, nobody ever has RA up anymore on my friends list anymore, much less one with resists.

Ah, then go ahead, one skill delay is really freaking convenient in that place.

Hobojim
Oct 31, 2011

Paul Zuvella posted:

Linka is complete poo poo. 1/36/1 is ok but not amazing these days, her stats are complete garbage, and she lacks any skill boosts or skill bind resists. Avoid her at all costs.

You already have way better light leaders in Ilm and Saria.

This is probably a stupid question, but can somebody explain this XX/YY/ZZ thing everybody does? I thought it was multipliers for HP, ATK and RCV respectively, but I guess I'm wrong? Linka has 3x Atk for combos and 2x Atk for five + enhanced orbs, so 6x Atk total, right? What am I missing?

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

That's ... exactly it? It's 36x because 6x6 because you bring a friend.

Hobojim
Oct 31, 2011

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

That's ... exactly it? It's 36x because 6x6 because you bring a friend.

....Oh. Right.

I'm dumb. Thanks.

Nosre
Apr 16, 2002

Loving these 3 floor challenges. Yomi blew through 9, just bring a Shadow Dragon Knight (or other bind clearer) for floor 3 and enough boosts to use an orb changer each floor.

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

bengy81 posted:

Should I leave mine up my my BFF slot when I'm not actually using Tsubaki on my alt? Mine's got 2 skill delays and is max skilled but minimal pluses. I'm not planning to +297 him anytime soon since I don't enjoy playing him as much as Yomi.

bengy81
May 8, 2010

GoodBee posted:

Should I leave mine up my my BFF slot when I'm not actually using Tsubaki on my alt? Mine's got 2 skill delays and is max skilled but minimal pluses. I'm not planning to +297 him anytime soon since I don't enjoy playing him as much as Yomi.

I do use yours when it's up, sonic you have nothing better to run in that slot I would appreciate it. Plus eggs are nice, but my RA team is pretty burly without my friend lead being plussed. I only really miss the pluses on 7x6 boards.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

GoodBee posted:

If you do get some spare +eggs then plus the sucker, because he's usually the to-go monster to deal with those loving predras.

BTW, I finally found a (rainbow) team that can clear the hard version of Scarlet consistently, and of course it has the giraffe!

Sakuya/L.Kali/Susanoo/Orochi/Ra/Sakuya

Instead of giving you guys a floor by floor guide I'll instead tell you why each monsters is in there and what can it help with. Maybe you guys have a decent replacement. (For instance, I have also run Ra/Durga(!)/L.Kali/Diza/Susanoo/Ra with decent clear rates)

Sakuya: Clears the kraken bind and her gravities help you deal with monsters if you think that you're not going to deal enough damage. I often use one in floor 2 to soften the devils (You need a solid 7-combo with a prong to kill them).

L.Kali: Dealer of prong damage and remover of bad boards.

Susanoo: You need a defense up for DQ Hera, and he also deals good damage and doesn't care about the kraken bind. Can be replaced with other dudes with a shield.

Ra: Deals with the predras and Scarlet's time debuff. If you're running the easier version of the dungeon just bring something else.

Orochi: MVP. Basically you use him against the first form of scarlet to both kill her and to recharge your skills (mainly L.Kali's). Waste a few turns against her setting up a nice board. He also hits like a truck against red mons as long as you do prongs.

Finally, don't be afraid of Armadel and her stupid green orb skill. Like, she has lots of life and takes half damage from light so unless you do a 10 combo with a prong plus an extra light match you'll probably won't be able to 1-shot her, or maybe Sakuya's random-rear end damage will bring her below half when you don't expect so. In any case her green cascades mean longer combos so it can help you quite a bit and you do have a Kali to deal with bad boards, so it's should be ok.

Federal Preserves
Jun 30, 2011

Or is it right?
I'm gonna tackle that stupid cost-restricted Tengu dungeon with Gilgamesh/GYP/Echidna/Gigas/Ogre, and I desperately need another GYP or Gilgamesh lead to join me.

ign: Left[SA], 334,082,288

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

So I have 300k MP. I also have 2 Ryunes, 2 Moris, Andromeda, Gabriel, Hermes, 2 Famiels, Muse, Karin, Sarasvati, Nut, Isis, Amon, and I&I.

NepDra time?

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

Takeminakata for a Tsubaki team? I'm thinking a 7 turn R/L orb enhance might be something nice to have in the tool box.

I might never use him though since I'm mostly looking to bring an orb enhance to eventually go along with a Gadius full board change and both of those have pretty hefty team cost.

Right now I'm running Tsubaki / RValk / Xmas Liu Bei / NY Yamato / Shotel.

Shotel has actually been pretty nice with 2 skill boosts, 2 prongs for sustained damage and a x1.5 attacker bonus. She often doesn't get to use her own attacker bonus though since I often don't have the green orbs for her. I can replace her Gadius now but he's not leveled or max skilled yet. Gadius eats all my team cost so I can't replace anything else with anything more expensive.

RValk is too good to switch out and her enhanced hearts give me enhanced red when I use her or Liu Bei.

Yamato will eventually be max skilled.

I'm thinking about using red piis on Liu Bei.

Shotel looks like a pain in the rear end to skill up but she skills up to a 3 turn timer, which seems pretty sweet. She's also getting a multi-boost awakening eventually.

Gadius and Tsubaki share a bunch of rotating skill up monsters so they've got a couple skill ups already. I've got a second Gadius too.

Xmas Echidna is there if I need a delay.

The only other REM red thing I've got is an Ame. She's evo'd but not skilled or max level yet.

Then I've got some farmable stuff that's not evo'd yet. Hera-Ur would work instead of Takeminakata but she's harder to skill up, not any cheaper and more mat intensive to evo. Homura and Gigas probably aren't worth it since I've got RValk max evo'd / skilled / leveled. I've got enough dragons/physical to run Goemon.

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013
They added Motonari skillups to Water Carnival the day after I maxed him with pys and now they mock me by dropping all the time when I just want my last Nut skillup

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.
Been farming Z8 myth for the hell of it with Nepdra. My clear rate is going up, but most of my fails are due to bad orb management. It's fun.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Max skilled z8 in 39 feeds :toot:

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

UHD posted:

Max skilled z8 in 39 feeds :toot:

I'm one skill-up away from max-skilling mine. And that loving dungeon has still failed to drop a red pirate dragon.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I've yet to skill anything this event.

The Hebug
May 24, 2004
I am a bug...

Today's count: 29 water dogs, 15 light dogs. At least I've gone 3/15 on Raphael so far so it could be much worse.

pankus
Jul 30, 2003

It's finally done.

Now to work on elia/grisar.

Plorkyeran
Mar 22, 2007

To Escape The Shackles Of The Old Forums, We Must Reject The Tribal Negativity He Endorsed
Turns out that there actually is a maximum mailbox size:

I was at 110 unread and probably greater than 200 total.

Nosre
Apr 16, 2002

Left posted:

I'm gonna tackle that stupid cost-restricted Tengu dungeon with Gilgamesh/GYP/Echidna/Gigas/Ogre, and I desperately need another GYP or Gilgamesh lead to join me.

ign: Left[SA], 334,082,288

Mine is still up till tomorrow, with +282 eggs, if we're not friends already. 393 086 284

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.

Plorkyeran posted:

All you people with unread mail weird me out.

Plorkyeran
Mar 22, 2007

It's 20 stones of box space for free.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Plorkyeran posted:

There's a limit? Yikes, I'm at 196 :ohdear:

UchihaHirou posted:

All you people with unread mail weird me out.

Beats having all those Orbs/Piis/Tamas clogging up my Monster Box.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

I open all my mail on my main because I'm trying to use all that poo poo. I've got a handful unopened on an Alt because I don't have much box space or really any use for orbs or the couple of gift piis we've gotten recently.

• Locked thread