Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Decrepus posted:

I don't know how to react to this post.

Sincere posting is often difficult to deal with.

Strategic Tea posted:

Complex healing gameplay sounds interesting, as does tanking based around avoiding injury rather than having a big red bar.

Shame it's so absurdly complex it'll never be implemented.

Yeah. :smith:

Facebook Aunt fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Feb 28, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

9foxtails
Jan 13, 2016
The first aide mechanics and such sound great in theory, but I don't believe anyone will be able to cooperate any more than others have in "Alterec Valley".

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
God I hope this thing comes to term so all these incredibly unfun ideas can actually see a game together.

Rap Three Times
Aug 2, 2013

Thrice, not twice, nay not four times either.
Grimey Drawer
So has anyone actually backed this yet? bought a hovel or something?

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Rap Three Times posted:

So has anyone actually backed this yet? bought a hovel or something?

There is literally no reason to do so yet. All you can do is stand around in house, or go into decorate mode and rearrange the furniture. In the $36-$90 places that is a single room of shabby furniture. Why bother? The fancier $200-$400 places have multiple rooms and much higher quality furniture so rearranging the furniture might be more fun, but they are mostly already sold out on the gold servers. Plus hundreds of dollars on an unproven game is quite a gamble. Illfonic claims they are self-funding the game, so you don't even have the Star Citizen dream of being essential to helping make the game a reality.

I've been looking into the abyss for awhile now, and I can't see any reason to buy in before Stage 3. In stage 3 the game goes online, you can create your character then and interact to some degree with other characters and NPCs. It will still be very limited, for example combat and death don't exist until stage 5, but there will be some things to do. At least you'll be able to leave your house and go look around.

Rap Three Times
Aug 2, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I haven't read all teh website but will there be a way to play completely free? Earn a hut through in game stuff?

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Rap Three Times posted:

I haven't read all teh website but will there be a way to play completely free? Earn a hut through in game stuff?

Once the game launches the 7 standard ftp servers will require no subscription, and 3 gold servers will have a $10/month subscription to pay for the live storytelling team on those servers. You don't need to own a home at all. The devs claim they expect 10% of players will choose to be home owners. You can't buy a home for in game gold, but you can rent a room at an inn or private home, or pitch a tent, or stay with a friend. Maybe even rent a tenement of your own, if some whales decide to buy up a bunch of cheap tenements and rent them out for an easy in game passive income source (totally not pay to win) but that depends on player action. There are supposed to be mechanics to make it easy to rent out space that way.

That said, on the 3 subscription servers there may be a way to earn a home. There is a plan that you can take your tents and set up a permanent camp somewhere. If the camp prospers and grows, it can start attracting NPCs to the area, travelling merchants and such. Eventually it can grow into a permanent settlement with NPC residents. Of course it could also attract harmful NPCs like bandits and whatnot, so your group will have to be strong enough to protect it or the place can get wrecked and you'll need to start all over from scratch. If it survives and thrives long enough it can become an actual town with buildings and houses, and the people who contributed get 'free' homes in the process. https://www.revivalgame.com/forum#/discussion/763/and-now-for-something-completely-different-an-old-design-document

Oh, almost forgot, you can also use a ship as a home (once ships exist). You will be able to buy a ship in the cash shop, but it will also be possible for players to build ships. This won't be fast, you have to master the carpentry skill to unlock the shipwright skill, and it takes several shipwrights working together to actually build a ship. But still, possible.

Reclaimer
Sep 3, 2011

Pierced through the heart
but never killed

Angela Christine posted:

Oh, almost forgot, you can also use a ship as a home (once ships exist).

:black101:

oTHi
Feb 28, 2011

This post is brought to you by Molten Boron.
Nobody doesn't like Molten Boron!.
Lipstick Apathy
Enjoy sleeping in your rat-infested, bilgewater-filled hellhole. Oh wait, that's basically the same as the houses that arent $1000 mansions.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

oTHi posted:

Enjoy sleeping in your rat-infested, bilgewater-filled hellhole. Oh wait, that's basically the same as the houses that arent $1000 mansions.

On the plus side, all the pretty princesses are also having to reconcile themselves to living there. Your RL sucks so you use escapism to pretend your life is cool? Too bad. No matter how rich your character is, or how fancy her clothes, if you are poor IRL she's living in a crapshack.

Buying yourself a fancy manse isn't all gravy either, because the towns have property taxes paid with in-game gold, and nicer houses have higher taxes.
    Upkeep costs (per real-time month):
  • Tenement: 10 gp*
  • Cottage: 22 gp*
  • House: 47 gp*
  • Manse: 87 gp*
  • Estate: 448 gp*
A manse owner will need to spend almost 9x as much time as a crapshack owner making money just to pay off his property taxes every month. If they both have equal in-game income streams, the tenement owner will in effect have 77 gold greater discretionary income each month. Being rich makes you poor. If you don't pay your in game taxes for about a year, you can lose the house. The house you bought with RL money.

I really wish this game existed exactly the way they promise.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

oTHi posted:

That's not bilgewater that's what's left of my watersports buff.

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

gonna create my character and play this game

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Nurel posted:

gonna create my character and play this game

Okay. See you in 2018.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

This week's update is boring. No funny bits to highlight. https://www.revivalgame.com/blog/72-weekly-blog-update-69-a-day-in-the-life-of-a-chameleon Maybe I was just disappointed because it doesn't feature an actual chameleon.

Anyway, here is something linked in the update instead.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

I haven't made fun of the players yet, that just seems mean spirited, but this week the discussion of medicine took a dark turn. It is spring after all, and in spring a young man's fancy turns to . . . torture.

quote:

So if you could immobilize a character and torture them properly and take sufficient time you have a chance to scar them in a specific location or manner? That character could carry the marks of a serial killer for the rest of that character's life. This could also be used in ritual initiation into certain religions or secret societies. Once your marked your in for life for good or ill and there is no turning back.

This could have some very interesting uses and applications as well as some very disturbing ones as well. I wonder if you could scar your self? Also could you get scars from attacks that you actually live through? A claw/ blade swipe to the face, across the chest, or across a limb? Scrapinal from an explosion? Loss of a limb? Scarification for personal reasons like tattoos.
:stonk: Nooo, stop, don't go there.

quote:

I know we're talking about detailed game mechanics; but ... "torture"

I think forces/VDM within game will be programmed to prevent such over abusive actions ... it's a game for fun after all not a torture simulation.
Someone tries to be the voice of reason, but it is already too late.

quote:

I'll be honest... I don't really think you can have a game as immersive and full of possibilities as Revival, and avoid some of the darker aspects of an immersive environment. The reason immersion is so craved is for how close it is to real-life interactions within the setting.

I've seen it mentioned by the developers, time and time again, that they want to prevent interruptions of player control as much as feasible. However, to what extent do you prevent such an outcome? Do you punish players for following the darker aspects of an immersive environment? Or do you punish the character, if they're found out? What are the odds of finding it out if as proper as possible steps are taken?

I don't imagine the VDM is designed to intervene in an instance of your character being tortured by another, and I don't see a reason for it to do so
. Why should someone be overly concerned that another player doesn't like your character for its actions? If those actions, committed by your character, are in line with their modus operandi then carry on.
Why would people be mad at me for playing a sick gently caress? As long as I do it well everyone should politely applaud!

quote:

Ah, torture. an entertaining method of information extraction, which can also be used as a way of sending a message to rival gangs, rivals, and a bunch of people whom i have no idea. although it may be an unsavourey habit, torture is a good way for revenge and information extraction.
Wait, how would torturing another character force their player to give up secrets. That doesn't even make sense.

quote:

Interrogation in general is a lot more complex than "hurt person; get info." Torture in its standard definition, the direct application of pain or terror, is usually an extremely ineffective means of obtaining information because the subject 1) cannot think straight and 2) will tell you anything to make it stop. That's where psychology steps in, really.

Now, if torture is just what gets your rocks off, well, that's another matter entirely.]
Ouch. And things were going so well there for a minute.

At this point discussion turns to how you torture someone if they won't consent to sit still and be tortured.

quote:

I suppose we could lock someone in a vault or crypt upgraded room, but mostly you have it right -- extortion and blackmail will be the most common methods for coercing others.

quote:

wonder what the mechanic will be for physically moving a character? Will we be able to grasp their arms and pull them around? Pick them up and carry them? A lot of MMOs have only allowed pushing, and that with no particular animation.

Finally a dev steps in, but doesn't tell everyone to stop being horrible.

A revival dev posted:

If the character is unconscious you can carry or drag them depending on your strength (each has their own movement concerns, so one can be better than the other depending on other factors). You can't really push or pull a living character under normal circumstances, though you can "push through" a crowd or, assuming we can handle the animation load required with our production resources, grapple with them in unarmed combat.

We've been talking about "ensnaring" an opponent for capture, but we're really hesitant about taking control away from an ensnared player and so we're pretty iffy on the whole idea, honestly.
Well, at least they don't seem to be in favor of imprisoning and torturing other players.

quote:

A few months back you described a seven-second limit on removing player control (absent some 'compelling reason'). Torturing answers out of someone would probably take a lot longer than that. If we have a character under control, can we tie them up or put them in irons? Can we push them into a room and lock the door on them?
No, really devs, I want a torture chamber. For roleplay. Can you make that happen?

a revival dev posted:

That's still under debate. It is the inevitable outcome of allowing people to capture other characters, and honestly, we're not sure we like that. In truth, we kind of don't like it, in fact, but it keeps coming up, all the same. That said, the last scenario you mentioned, pushing someone into a room and locking the door, you can probably do right now even with just the push-through mechanic, though it would take some painstaking setup, so it's not really practical, I suppose.
translation: pls stop being horrible

quote:

I like where this is going. To make moving a conscious character believable would require some pretty complex animations. And pushing just isn't effective IRL for moving a person any significant length in a particular direction. It may even cause the person to fall, and a person sitting or lying on the ground is hard to push even if the pusher is crouching or on hands and knees. I believe the game can be immersive even if it's not possible to grab a conscious character and drag them through the streets, just like I think it can be immersive even if there's no animation for picking one's nose. Actually, IRL I've witnessed the latter far more than the former!

quote:

Bonus question: What happens if we coax someone into a room, lock the door, and leave them in there for a looooong time? They aren't dead. The game doesn't require that they eat or drink to survive. Last I heard, there is no '/suicide' option. What's the limit on this? (Hope there IS a limit).
Okay, if I can't torture people, can I at least have a zoo of captured enemies? I sure hope not!

Remember, this is in a thread about medicine. Players just gotta grimdark everything up.

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011
You really think they won't offer to sell this guy a manse with a torture chamber for $10,000?

Rap Three Times
Aug 2, 2013

Grimey Drawer
At least the devs are nipping it in the bud.

Please let them nip it in the bud :wth:

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Finally technology has created a way to slake my unslakable thirst for torture without having to commit my entire basement to it.

Kramjacks
Jul 5, 2007

You can already traps Sims in a room with no doors or toilet, so it's not like Revival is breaking any new ground here.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Are you ready to DevBlog? *crowd goes wild*

https://www.revivalgame.com/blog/73-weekly-blog-update-70-building-the-virtual-storyteller-our-vdm

quote:

Weekly Blog Update #70: Building the Virtual StoryTeller, our vDM
Snipehunter: about 3 hours ago

I've been working on what we call the "vDM" a lot recently. I've been thinking about the way a real dungeon master/game master/storyteller works, especially in pen and paper games, and I've been comparing that to what we're having the vDM do. It's sort of an obsession, and I honestly don't even know how it started, but I have this, I swear it's almost a compulsion, to create a machine that can do the same job. Revival's virtual DM, the vDM, isn't even my first attempt.

It's a really interesting problem, you see, because most of what a live DM does isn't actually about doing the calculations or enforcing the rules of the system, it's about creating content. In essence, part of why a live DM is so valuable is that what they do isn't algorithmic. There's often no real process at all; many of the best DMs I've played with did it all almost intuitively. You could have a role playing experience with them without dice, character sheets or rolls and you'd never notice there were no rules thanks to the compelling creative story they were weaving with your help.

So how do you get a robot to approach something like that? Especially if you're not, say, an expert in artificial intelligence or machine learning. Do you see what I mean when I say it's an interesting problem; where do you even start?

What I learned in one of my many attempts at this technology, is that you cheat. You cheat like your life depends on it, because at the end of the day, it doesn't matter if you did really pull it off - it just has to feel like you did. It's like a magic trick; we all know there's no way what we saw unfold in the hands of that magician is what it seemed, but we're willing to accept that it is, because that's what makes it amazing, and that's what makes it fun.

So, if you want to make an artificial DM, the first thing you do is set out not to make an artificial DM, got it? Good.

That takes you down the path of content selection, if you think about it. If your robot will never be as good at creating content as a human will be, then don't let it create content. Instead focus on its ability to use the content humans have made. That makes sense right? It even seems efficient, doesn't it? You have a team of designers creating events, little packages of gameplay that then go into a pool of events which are used and reused by your robot, selecting them for use and putting them into the world. It's like a little factory, a sort of idealized production pipeline made real.

If you do it right, it can be something interesting. It's a HoT idea, one you can build an MMO on even... but it's also kind of a trap, because it stifles creativity. It's like when you put your media player on shuffle and repeat, and it isn't a cool enough media player to keep a list of what it's already played, so you end seeing a few of the same songs over and over, and you get tired of it. A real DJ wouldn't have done that, right? And you know why? Because content selection is still a creative act and pretty much all algorithms, all "procedural content schemes," suck at that. Just like a good media player that doesn't repeat until it has to, you technically can make better or worse algorithms, but if all they do is pick content, sooner or later the logic behind those choices is going to be obvious and the magic, the appearance of creativity, dies when that happens.

Which means, if you want to make an artificial DM, the second thing you do is make it use human generated content, but make sure it's not a content selector. Still with me?

So, in the past I'd built systems that took designer-built gameplay scripts and then put them into a pool the system could draw from when it wanted to put new content in the world, but that's kind of small potatoes. That's no DM. It's not, as I pointed out, necessarily even a good DJ. To be able to approach what a real DM does, you need to be able to not just roll out random encounters, but to actually build a world as well. And now, our simple content selector has to enter the world of simulation, right? Because, we can call it what we want, but what we're really talking about now are sandbox mechanics.

OK, OK, I'm leaping to the end in a way, but let me unpack part of that real quick to show you I'm right: For a system to use prepacked gameplay like that, it has to know when it's the "best time" to use the packages it has, and that means it has to pay attention to the state of the world. That, in turn, means the state of the world needs to change or the system will just keep picking the same content... and an MMO that changes is a sandbox, right?

So, if you want to make a virtual DM, you need to build it a sandbox so it has something to react to.

From there, it starts to become obvious how you make it work, how you build a world with a robot that can approach what good DMs can do in their heads. At the abstract, it's even elegant:

The vDM looks at its inputs, measures their values, then uses the results of those measurements to pick content to put into the world.

Everything else is about how much complexity you will allow your system to have, though admittedly that's where the actual magic trick happens. The more inputs the vDM can react to, the less obvious the robotic nature of its choices. You can even impart "particular flavor" by clever grouping and control of the inputs feeding into the vDM.

For example, on Revival, the vDM works at several levels of abstraction, looking at a different set of inputs at each level in order to create a world that at least feels like a world with complex politics, economics and intrigue. At a high level, we have the agendas of the gods, which I have mentioned before. These are packaged gameplay just as in my very first attempts at a virtualDM, but they're hyper-specific to one topic: The whims of the gods of Theleston. These packages direct NPCs in the world to want particular things, or attempt to accomplish certain goals, which in turn changes the state of the world and the inputs our vDM uses at other levels of abstraction (e.g. at the level of nation-states, guilds, monsters, cults, etc.). Imagine a massive blackboard, a scoreboard keeping tally of thousands of different scores. All the vDM really does is look at collections of these scores on the board and decide what thing to spin up next.

The vDM "just" makes lots of little choices about what content to run at each level of abstraction and the resulting actions, based on what players and NPCs do in response, feed back into the vDM inspiring it to make new decisions, on and on forever. And because each of these levels of abstraction is focused on particular types of content, but they all feed back into the inputs our robotic DM uses to makes it decisions, you can perform what seem like miracles by having seemingly related things spin out of the world state.

OK, to be fair there's a little more to it than that - for example, one epiphany I had over the years was about the prepackaged content your designers make. You need to templatize it so that when your virtual DM wants to generate content, what it does is take a template and modify it as needed to match conditions in the world. This way, even when the vDM does need to reuse content, it can make changes that help it fit easily into the current world, making it harder to spot and less likely to inspire boredom.

But that's the sort of thing I mean when I say everything is just about how complex you allow the vDM to be. Even with that sort of customization, it's still a robot, it has no true awareness. It has instead the insights and rules we've given it based on our own experience. You can simulate cause and effect without the vDM ever even knowing what the choices it's made actually mean, because when we wrote the rules we knew what those states would imply.

And with that comes context - things seem to flow naturally from what is happening in the world and now the simple content selections of the system can mean that nations can react to big events or small economic fluctuations, gods can pursue their agendas and cults & crooks can plot their schemes and all of it can change the world.

That's a pretty good magic trick for a uncreative, robotic DJ, standing in the sand, don't you think?

Not very funny, but kind of interesting. This system will be the sole GM on the free to play servers, and be supplemented by paid storytellers on the subscription servers.

Rap Three Times
Aug 2, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I'm kinda hazy on whate vents are supposed to happen. Are we talking plagues/natural disasters/invasions or is it mission building and personalised quests?

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

Rap Three Times posted:

I'm kinda hazy on whate vents are supposed to happen. Are we talking plagues/natural disasters/invasions or is it mission building and personalised quests?

Have you ever visited zombo.com?

Rap Three Times
Aug 2, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Decrepus posted:

Have you ever visited zombo.com?

Just did! I didn't laugh out loud but I did smile. Thanks!

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Holy gently caress

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
The internet is where hosed up people convince each other that they are normal

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy
i will be the Gay Bee killer. my calling card will be a jar of bees and "im gay" carved into the body of each victim. at last

e: lol the word filter

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Four Score posted:

i will be the Gay Bee killer. my calling card will be a jar of bees and "im gay" carved into the body of each victim. at last

e: lol the word filter

Joke's on you, they buffed gay butt stuff so it's the new meta, look at this guy having straight sex like we're still in 1.03

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Rap Three Times posted:

Yes. All of that.

Quests. There are no automatically repeatable quests. Instead there will be jobs and opportunities. Crafting jobs, resource acquisition jobs, sneaky theft jobs, guard/escort jobs, and so on. NPCs will post jobs to the bulletin boards in town. If you or your guild are particularly known for something, an NPC may contact you directly about a particular job you are well suited to.

What they are saying is that the vDM will look at the state of the world when deciding what quests to trigger. So might detect that there is a shortage of iron ingots in the market of a city, and so have one of the NPC blacksmiths post a quest offering a good reward for a quantity of iron ingots, or for mercenaries to guard a shipment of iron ingots from another city to make sure it arrives safely. You can try to fill the request by mining iron ore yourself, stealing iron from someone else, or finding cheap iron elsewhere in the world and importing it yourself. Those quests will never trigger when the local market is completely glutted with iron ingots.

If the vDM detects that lots of people have invested in the Archaeology skill, it may trigger archeology quest lines more often. An old book that talks about a lost civilization turning up in the marketplace. A long lost rusty dagger engraved with strange symbols being seeded in the forest. In a storm a lightning bolt hits a tree, revealing [thing]! It would be up to PCs to find that first link in the chain, and try to follow it. If no PC buys the book or finds the dagger, then after a while an NPC might 'find' it and contact appropriate PCs directly. Maybe the PC who finds the rusty dagger doesn't care about archeology, and instead melts it down to make more iron ingots, and that quest line ends there.

It can also trigger bigger events, like plagues, storms, droughts, bandits, or Cthulhu rising from the deep and eating your face.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
That was not as crazy as I'd hoped. Still not something anyone has done successfully as far as I know.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Mar 13, 2016

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
Will there be graphic sex quests? Asking for a friend.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Sindai posted:

That was not as crazy as I'd hoped. Still not something anyone has done successfully as far as I know.

It is incredibly ambitious and may be impossible.

Small team. Small budget. Ambitious passion project. I wouldn't go running off to buy a $400 house just yet.

Rhymenoserous posted:

I don't know. Hmm. Theoretically sex is a skill, and prostitute is a valid profession just like blacksmith, so there ought to be quests for sex workers and high skill sexers. I haven't read anything about it though.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

Rhymenoserous posted:

They are just like real life where the pain triples every second.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Angela Christine posted:

It is incredibly ambitious and may be impossible.

Small team. Small budget. Ambitious passion project. I wouldn't go running off to buy a $400 house just yet.
You sound suspiciously like you think they are actually making a game.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Ghostlight posted:

You sound suspiciously like you think they are actually making a game.

I hope they are making a game. I try not to, but the hope keeps creeping up on me. Sure, it has taken them over a year just to do the interiors for like 30 house designs, but maybe designing houses is just way harder than everything else you need to do to make a game, and things will pick up soon.

:smith:

Orv
May 4, 2011
Your slow slide from mocking to actually being interested has been kind of depressing.

InShaneee
Aug 11, 2006

Cleanse them. Cleanse the world of their ignorance and sin. Bathe them in the crimson of ... am I on speakerphone?
Fun Shoe
I've been really enjoying watching the birth of a new Star Citizen backer happen in real time.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I sincerely hope this game gets made and becomes successful as long as they keep the sex buff system. Don't let your dream stay a dream, sex buff designer.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Orv posted:

Your slow slide from mocking to actually being interested has been kind of depressing.

I have brought shame on my people. :seppuku:

In the unlikely event the game is finished and is exactly as described, that would be pretty cool and hilarious. In the (still pretty unlikely) event the game is finished but is a total clusterfuck, that would be even more hilarious and probably make for a fun few months. The least fun but most likely option is that the company implodes in a wet fart and the game never exists at all.

Honestly my hopes of the game ever being finished were higher 6 months ago. Back then I thought there might be something playable by 2017, but t the rate they've been going I can't see it being ready before 2020, if ever. According to the weekly updates they've been working almost exclusively on the 5 estate designs for the last 6 months. They've been working on it since at least 2013 and it still has less gameplay than a phone game.

Unless their zombie game is a runaway hit or something, I don't see how they'll ever finish without outside funding. And outside funding would probably come with a lot compromises that would turn it into just another failed WOW clone.

So, uh, I'd appreciate it if you'd all go buy the zombie game. http://steamcommunity.com/id/Drunkalien/recommended/334670/ Thx.

Brumaldo
Jun 29, 2013

'Unlikely' still implies some chance of this thing ever existing in any sort meaningful way.
At least Star Citizen is a funny clusterfuck, this is just dumb and awful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I think you're being a bit reductive there Brumaldo. I mean, this is literally a company that walked away from their time at CIG, having reportedly produced more in actual game than CIG ever will, and learnt all of the best lessons - immediately opening up their dream warehouse selling a game that will be everything to everyone and the most indepth ever all you need to do is spend hundreds of real life dollars at the ground floor in case you miss out on the limited not-poo poo player housing. They left having learnt all the wrong lessons and to boot took a copy of the 4th Stimpire for Dummies with them.

The scale of cash money isn't there so it doesn't have hangers-on producing thousands of hours of video not to watch, but it's going to implode all the much faster for the fact that it's still trying to build a game backwards from frills to function while selling timeshares in nothing. Also the roleplay updates are a nice spin.

• Locked thread