Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Watched this thing for about ten minutes and I've concluded that Ping Pong Did Nothing Wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
If the card effects actually worked half the time online.

The guy playing Phantom Knights seems to be missing a few of his cards key effects.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

He's made some really dumb misplays, but at the same time he's getting fairly bad draws and mills.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
And he got wiped out by a massive Pendulum summon and the time running out.

I'd feel bad for him, but his deck was padded with too many situational traps.

free basket of chips
Sep 7, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Round 2 is starting. Monarchs v Monarchs

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Red Suit posted:

Round 2 is starting. Monarchs v Monarchs

Expect OTK/ Fog King/Fiend central.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

PowerBeard posted:

Turns out that half the time in real life card games is spend having to explain effects and reading card effects.

I just play the android game (because its a CCG phone game with a reasonable f2p setup, premium cards is dildos though). I can't imagine the tedium playing an inzektor deck IRL would be, let alone spell counters.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Neurolimal posted:

I just play the android game (because its a CCG phone game with a reasonable f2p setup, premium cards is dildos though). I can't imagine the tedium playing an inzektor deck IRL would be, let alone spell counters.

Inzector's not tedious.

Unless you are doing the convoluted 2 card FTK that has 100 steps to memorize.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

PowerBeard posted:

Turns out that half the time in real life card games is spend having to explain effects and reading card effects.

So it's just like the anime

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
How to FTK with Inzektors in 93 Simple Steps

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Julias posted:

Inzector's not tedious.

Unless you are doing the convoluted 2 card OTK that has literally over 100 steps to memorize.

Idk, skimming through the deck every time you use centipede/dragonfly to pick up your axes and hornets seems like it could get pretty old

I'm not some yugioh card pro up to date on all strats tho. For all I know "meta" strats poo poo all over the whole "get dragonfly, hornet, and a centipede, end up with 3 card kills and 4200 worth of damage and guaranteed free card kill with every living inzekt" cheesing

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Inzektor is (unfairly) hit right now and is incredibly inconsistent. They really need to un-limit the cards that are on the banlist.

But even ignoring that, you're right. The meta shits all over anything that Inzektors can and could ever do.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
How are the Madolche cards? Because I really hate them and have made bo progress against Tea's second deck. gently caress you, anime desserts.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Out of date is how they are

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Neurolimal posted:

How are the Madolche cards? Because I really hate them and have made bo progress against Tea's second deck. gently caress you, anime desserts.

A combo oriented deck with some sweet plays, and one of the best boss monsters in the game (Tiaramisu). With that said , the deck suffers from inconsistency and bricking. Also, if you stop tiaramisu, they are usually done. I love them!

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
Super Quantum cards looks ridiculous and Rad as heck.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

I would just like Venom and Venom counters to be a thing. Vennominaga is such a cool card to actually make work and the theme of slowly eroding your enemy until you summon your goddess is really cool.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Its kind of a missed oppurtunity for Graydles to not be Reptile type.
That would make Aliens and Venoms viable again.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

Aliens got some new support with the Blue-Eyes field spell which lets them send normal monsters to the grave and gives them a free Ammonite summon. They also benefit from being paired with pendulum archetypes due to having more face-up spells to return to the hand, and the performapal engine makes rank 4s like King of Feral Imps while netting free draws/searches off of Guiturtle and Monkeyboard every turn you bounce your scales. You could easily make them work. Venoms don't have anything special going for them, though.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Its kind of a missed oppurtunity for Graydles to not be Reptile type.
That would make Aliens and Venoms viable again.

Why would an extraterrestrial slime be Reptile?

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Dexie posted:

Why would an extraterrestrial slime be Reptile?

Same way a Worm is.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Well technically speaking the Starve Venom Fusion Dragon works for all the Venom rules, he's immune to Venom Swamp and let's you use the spells/traps that need a 'Venom' monster on the field.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.

Dexie posted:

(unfairly)

Between this and you thinking that Emergency Teleport is healthy for the game, I really don't understand what you think would be a good game state for the game.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Slur posted:

Between this and you thinking that Emergency Teleport is healthy for the game, I really don't understand what you think would be a good game state for the game.

I didn't say E-Tele was healthy for the game. I just said I'm going to be upset when it's banned. Don't put words into my mouth, please.

And yes, in the current state of the game, there's no reason for Inzektors to be hit. They're off the banlist in OCG and not doing anything, so they should do the same over here in TCG land.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
A limit to Emergency Teleport maybe, but I don't see it getting outright banned.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

PowerBeard posted:

A limit to Emergency Teleport maybe, but I don't see it getting outright banned.

It's probably going to go to one.

When that happens, you'll find me curled up in the corner, clutching a handful of Psychic monsters to my chest, weeping in sorrow at the death of all my favorite decks.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

Take all the Inzector and Wind-Up cards off the banlist. 2012 decks haven't been remotely threatening for a few formats now.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Eh, don't agree with the Wind-Up cards, because they can still loop and force you to discard your entire hand.

Ban Wind-Up Hunter and take everything else off the list and we'll be good.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

Synchrons can do a hand-destroying loop too with Trishula/De-Synchro and triple Omega on the first turn. I think just because a strategy exists doesn't mean people will seriously play it, but I wouldn't object to a Hunter ban either.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Have you seen the horrors of the wind-up meta first hand?

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Hjalmar posted:

Synchrons can do a hand-destroying loop too with Trishula/De-Synchro and triple Omega on the first turn. I think just because a strategy exists doesn't mean people will seriously play it, but I wouldn't object to a Hunter ban either.

Full power Wind-Ups are a lot more consistent than Trish shenanigans. If you've never experienced the deck before, look up videos on it and how it functions. It's not something that ever needs to return to the game.

Ban Hunter, bring everything else in the archetype back to 3, and things will be fine.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
Day 2 of the Las Vegas Series is on Twitch now.

Kosmos vs Performapals - Kosmos searches the deck is ends up victorious.

Atlanteans vs Performapals

Phantom Knight / Burning Abyss vs Performapals

PowerBeard fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Mar 13, 2016

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
I wish I realized that all the Destiny HERO were references to british heroes before I got the Inzektor pack in Duel Generation (my only experience with them beforehand was winning on the second turn on the first try against Anime Man)

Well, at least I can allieve my poor choices in cash shop cards with the fact that I didn't need to get one until I ended up against Zone (his gimmick of throwing away all his cards and then summoning 3 4000 damage assholes beat my "put as many direct damage cards and monsters in one deck as humanly possible" gimmick).

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

So, I keep going on about Shiranui Shaddolls, but that's because the deck is [i]really really[i] fun you guys. It's capable of making some stupid plays when it gets the chance.

If you want to see it in action, here's a short replay against a (admittedly not very good) Agent deck. https://www.dropbox.com/s/ikqko14wfgm277q/Shiradolls%20versus%20Blackwings.yrp?dl=0 (Ignore the filename, I misnamed the replay file). Just look at that field I construct, and I could have kept going if he didn't surrender.

Shiranui Sage is the most wonderfully stupid monster and I love it. :allears:

Neurolimal posted:

I wish I realized that all the Destiny HERO were references to british heroes before I got the Inzektor pack in Duel Generation (my only experience with them beforehand was winning on the second turn on the first try against Anime Man)

I still have no clue what Disk Commander is meant to reference.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Only in the TCG. In Japanese, they are just "edgey sounding name" guy. Like Malicious is Diabolic Guy and Captain Tenacious is Die Hard Guy. Disk Commander is Disk Guy. If I had to guess, it's just a reference to British music in general (Think the Beatles).

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Julias posted:

Only in the TCG. In Japanese, they are just "edgey sounding name" guy. Like Malicious is Diabolic Guy and Captain Tenacious is Die Hard Guy. Disk Commander is Disk Guy. If I had to guess, it's just a reference to British music in general (Think the Beatles).

No their designs are still influenced by British Superheroes. Elemental Heroes are influenced by American Superheroes and Masked Heroes are influenced by Japanese Super Heroes

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Yeah, it's pretty hard to deny things like Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde ( http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Destiny_HERO_-_Double_Dude ), Big Ben ( http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Clock_Tower_Prison ), and British tea time ( http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/D_-_Time ), among other things.

Disk Commander is still completely out of place though!

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
I actually only meant with the names, but yeah, you guys are right about them being British references. Still gonna guess Disk Commander is just a reference to all the music that came out of England.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

V-Jump is out this week.

Expect to see more cards from The Dark Illusion, and most likely Duelist of Radiance and the upcoming movie pack. We'll probably see some info about Kite, Alexis, and Aster in Arc-V, too.

EDIT: Wrong thread, dammit. :argh: Can we merge the two threads back together? I still don't see why we split them in the first place.

Vandar fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Mar 15, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.

Dexie posted:

V-Jump is out this week.

Expect to see more cards from The Dark Illusion, and most likely Duelist of Radiance and the upcoming movie pack. We'll probably see some info about Kite, Alexis, and Aster in Arc-V, too.

EDIT: Wrong thread, dammit. :argh: Can we merge the two threads back together? I still don't see why we split them in the first place.

Post in QCS.