Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
style / art gimmick combo you want to see next
This poll is closed.
Commodore 64 hi fi 16 colors Drawing goons drooling over anime (or muscle men) 35 20.71%
Everything in MSPaint Black and White and Undertale Characters 22 13.02%
CGA in CYMK tones and rising stars of gaming like Hololens and Star Citizen 36 21.30%
Only Purple and Waluigi and Kirby ship fiction 76 44.97%
Total: 169 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

FirstAidKite posted:

my cat is lying on my back right now, not preventing me from gaming

My rats are sitting on my shoulder, which doesn't prevent me from gaming but does make me feel kind of guilty whenever I play an RPG or the Mad Max game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

Lady Naga posted:

I mean Goat Sim was a giant tutorial level, it depends on if they're Blood Money tutorial or uh...Some other game that has a really good tutorial I can't think of right now.

My computer can't run goat sim either, so I didn't know. :(

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

FirstAidKite posted:

yay

make sure to turn network stuff on in the settings so that you can do network link stuff

Turned on all that stuff. I'm stoked.

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?

corn in the bible posted:

3d dot game heroes is... good

agreed. love that game

I totally played through the entire game as the Grimace too and it was a magical adventure

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Ravane posted:

My computer can't run goat sim either, so I didn't know. :(

Dude. Do you even game?

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I've never played a Hitman game so are we talking like (to reverse things a little) a third person Dishonored, a more down to earth AC, or what

ed Guess I could go watch videos when I get back home to see what HItman games are like but shrug

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Mar 13, 2016

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
It's not really like either of those things. I guess I might be similar to Dishonered in that you have a large variety of options at your disposal.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It's Dishonored if the levels were huge and open plan rather than three long corridors strung together

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

I remember being highly entertained by Goat Simulator

And then five minutes passed.

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

codenameFANGIO posted:

Dude. Do you even game?

i like watching. :shrug:

I haven't played in a month really, but last month I was playing FIFA with my friends. :)

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Ravane posted:

i like watching. :shrug:

I haven't played in a month really, but last month I was playing FIFA with my friends. :)
So basically you got run out of TVIV and decided to poo poo up Games?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I just played Digimon Cyber Sleuth for eight hours in a row :/

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
i hope you had fun with digmon cyber sleuth, a game that i have heard is good, but i will never play

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Mak0rz posted:

I remember being highly entertained by Goat Simulator

And then five minutes passed.

Goat Simulator and I Am Bread were both amazing games to play during a party with everyone passing around the controller.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It's cool but don't play on Normal if you want any kind of challenge

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

FactsAreUseless posted:

So basically you got run out of TVIV and decided to poo poo up Games?

No, I'm still in TVIV, I just came to Games to make fun of Star Citizen. Also I like talking about games. I beat dark souls at a solid 10 fps.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Ravane posted:

No, I'm still in TVIV, I just came to Games to make fun of Star Citizen.
Yeah, that makes sense.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Skeezy posted:

Hyrule Warriors and Dragon Quest Heroes are better than any Dynasty Warriors game imo.

That's not a controversial opinion, unless you have that disease some japanese creators seem to have where they think the romance of the three kingdoms setting is interesting in any way.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Sleeveless posted:

My rats are sitting on my shoulder, which doesn't prevent me from gaming but does make me feel kind of guilty whenever I play an RPG or the Mad Max game.

Play Vermintide.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Lady Naga posted:

Play Vermintide.

It would be a much different game if it was true to life and they just wanted to give you tonguebaths and sleep in hammocks.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Lurdiak posted:

That's not a controversial opinion, unless you have that disease some japanese creators seem to have where they think the romance of the three kingdoms setting is interesting in any way.

Voice acting is way too good nowadays for Dynasty Warriors to capture the magic that made it great on the PS2

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Ravane posted:

No, I'm still in TVIV, I just came to Games to make fun of Star Citizen. Also I like talking about games. I beat dark souls at a solid 10 fps.

stop posting forever

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
The Anime Rat Pack has spoken.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Ciaphas posted:

I've never played a Hitman game so are we talking like (to reverse things a little) a third person Dishonored, a more down to earth AC, or what

ed Guess I could go watch videos when I get back home to see what HItman games are like but shrug

Basically Hitman is a stealth game with two big selling points: first, rather than semi-linear "get from point A to point B doing X" it drops you off in a series of sandboxy levels with a list of objectives (usually murdering dudes); second, most of the sneaking is accomplished by stealing disguises to slip past guards rather than staying out of sight.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Ravane posted:

Yeah, but two of them are tutorial levels apparently. My computer can't run the game, but I wouldn't pay for what is just 66% tutorial
They're technically tutorial levels but after you clear the first one once, you have free reign to do whatever you like in them and they're both decently big areas. So they're essentially normal missions on their own.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Also since I can't play Hitman I've been playing World in Conflict and it owns

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

Accordion Man posted:

They're technically tutorial levels but after you clear the first one once, you have free reign to do whatever you like in them and they're both decently big areas. So they're essentially normal missions on their own.

Interesting. I've only ever played Hitman 2 and I couldn't get out of the beginning church area, so I don't know much about it frankly. If it has enough content as you say it does, I guess it is worth buying. The purchase model strikes me as odd, but if people are fine with it I guess :shrug:

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

StashAugustine posted:

Also since I can't play Hitman I've been playing World in Conflict and it owns

Is it on steam? Because yeah it owns. I played it a bitback when it came out, but that was on a friend's machine.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

I love seeing all the rupees pop up in HW

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Am I getting the right impression thinking this is not the 'right' way to play a Hitman game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ALtx4QkO4A

Looks like fun though, feel like I've missed out not trying a Hitman game before now

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
There is no such thing as a wrong way to play Hitman provided you don't hit a failstate, that's why it's A Good Series.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

If stealth is possible in a game I hate not being stealthy, even though I am a lot better at just stabbing people in the face

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Ciaphas posted:

Am I getting the right impression thinking this is not the 'right' way to play a Hitman game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ALtx4QkO4A

Looks like fun though, feel like I've missed out not trying a Hitman game before now
You only play wrong if you leave any witnesses.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Sakurazuka posted:

If stealth is possible in a game I hate not being stealthy, even though I am a lot better at just stabbing people in the face

Hitman has really interesting stealth options though. Both line of sight and disguises and alternate routes are all generally available in some form. Diversionary tactics also. For example, in the White House level of Blood Money, you can place a remote mine in a tourist's suitcase, and when she goes through the metal detector, all the guards swarm her. You can then detonate the mine, walk into the room full of corpses, and put on one of their uniforms before reinforcements show up. Or you can walk through the metal detector yourself with no weapons and strangle a guard in the bathroom. Or you can walk in with an m16 and 6 100 round magazines and just terminator the place up like you don't give a gently caress. Or you can- the list goes on.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The last Hitman game I played was 2 and I hated it lol. I got to some level in the snow filled with snipers that spotted me from miles away and just gave up.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNOscCyQ6rw

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Sakurazuka posted:

The last Hitman game I played was 2 and I hated it lol. I got to some level in the snow filled with snipers that spotted me from miles away and just gave up.

Just play Blood Money. I'm sure it's cheap now and it's really good. I've probably played every level a dozen times.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
The first two Hitmans are bad but they remade the only good level from 1 in Contracts anyway so

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpJI4X4P4JA

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Snak posted:

Just play Blood Money. I'm sure it's cheap now and it's really good. I've probably played every level a dozen times.

Yeah,the entire series (minus the new game) regularly is in bundles / goes on sale.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Lady Naga posted:

The first two Hitmans are bad but they remade the only good level from 1 in Contracts anyway so

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpJI4X4P4JA

Mr. Franz FOOOOOKS

• Locked thread