Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gold Dust Gasoline
Jul 11, 2006

just be yourself and you'll be fine
Pillbug
Thanks to whoever mentioned to use a trainer to get your colors.

Scamming my way into all the pretty colors and fight money feels nice. At least till they delete my account...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reznor
Jan 15, 2006

Hot dinosnail action.
I am so tempted to trainer it, but I'd I have it beat that part of the game what is left for me to do?

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Watching replays with inputs on is hilarious sometimes. I can't tell what is going on with Nuki's inputs in this replay, he connected with lightning legs and now there is a string of the following:
1 MP HP
1 LP
1 HP
1 MP HP
1 LP
1 MP HP
1 LP
1 HP
1 MP

Looks like he's pianoing or something? Why would he be mashing punches while in the active frames of a legs?

E: also he always seems to input three throw inputs in a row, and three on a lot of his normals

E: vvv maybe I will make front page of eventhubs with this :pray:

fozzy fosbourne fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Mar 13, 2016

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
drat nuki cheating with macros get em fozzy

metricchip
Jul 16, 2014

fozzy fosbourne posted:

Watching replays with inputs on is hilarious sometimes. I can't tell what is going on with Nuki's inputs in this replay, he connected with lightning legs and now there is a string of the following:
1 MP HP
1 LP
1 HP
1 MP HP
1 LP
1 MP HP
1 LP
1 HP
1 MP

Looks like he's pianoing or something? Why would he be mashing punches while in the active frames of a legs?

E: also he always seems to input three throw inputs in a row, and three on a lot of his normals

I just realized you can see the inputs on every match. My shameful button spamming is on display for the entire world to see :suicide:

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

nogic
Jul 6, 2002
^^^ that part is awesome

Some people are just really twitchy/spammy with extra inputs when they play. I've seen a guy who would piano HP-MP-LP twice real quick every time he broke a throw in 3S, which is like a <1 second animation or something.

Reznor
Jan 15, 2006

Hot dinosnail action.
I just heard that this game did better over here than Japan is that true?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I mean yeah, console sales are poo poo in Japan and have been since last console generation. I mean even when SF4 did like 3 million or something, most of that was from western countries and it sold like 80k on PS3 there.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

nogic posted:

^^^ that part is awesome

Some people are just really twitchy/spammy with extra inputs when they play. I've seen a guy who would piano HP-MP-LP twice real quick every time he broke a throw in 3S, which is like a <1 second animation or something.

I mash a lot of buttons when I get hit out of Melty habit, I can tell you that.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Gold Dust Gasoline posted:

Thanks to whoever mentioned to use a trainer to get your colors.

Scamming my way into all the pretty colors and fight money feels nice. At least till they delete my account...

Literally no way they can tell besides maybe you completed hard mode / hell? Or by looking at your times. I staggered all my times by just going afk for the last 10 matches and letting it time out. You win draws automatically as long as you have infinite health on

E: This Gen's consoles frankly have been awful as far as whats out for them so its not a surprise in Japan where they don't really have a PC market either.

Microwaves Mom fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Mar 13, 2016

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

It's unlikely they even look at the scores, they aren't synched with your account the way fight money and unlocks are. If you reinstall the game none of your survival stats records will be there.

croutonZA
Jan 5, 2011
I don't think completion times and high scores are saved on their servers. If you delete your save game for example, your unlocked colours will still be there but your completion times and high scores will be gone.

Gold Dust Gasoline
Jul 11, 2006

Pillbug
They know I'm unlocking colors impossibly fast (using infinite damage so each match is a second).

But they are probably busy finishing the game so I will fly under the table.

Gold Dust Gasoline
Jul 11, 2006

Pillbug
One thing you could do is cheat the survivals and then delete your save and do it again and again for infinite fight money I guess.

ShortThug
Dec 26, 2004

Yay!
Game doesn't give you FM again even if you delete your save. At least it doesn't for story mode.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
Why does necali not have a skeleton? I noticed when he gets shocked there isn't one there.

Is he some kind of mud / slime monster like Ted Cruz?

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Microwaves Mom posted:

Why does necali not have a skeleton? I noticed when he gets shocked there isn't one there.

What would Ted Cruz do for his V-Trigger?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Agoat posted:

look even sadder all the time

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Agoat posted:

Either eat boogers to restore his health or fling them at you as some kind of sticky that makes it so you can't move for a few seconds. (still can block, just not jump move forward or back)

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Agoat posted:

Kill all the gays

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I would be ok with them just gradually turning this game into a Jojo's game. Maybe when Guile finally comes out he'll be a cyborg

When is the new dumb update that finishes the game coming out already

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
Here comes a new challenger!

T. Cruz
HP: 850 V-Stock: 900

V-Skill: Republican Booger Fling
Cruz flings right-leaning nose debris at his opponent. If it hits, they are left stationary for two seconds.

V-Trigger: Smile of the 1%
Cruz frowns at the opponent. This depletes the opponent's Super meter, adding it to his own.

Critical Art: Shin Tatsumaki Senpukyaku
Cruz creates a maelstrom of chaos, destroying the battlefield. This also KO's Cruz, because he is a fossil and can not handle the power of the Satsui no Hado.

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009

Microwaves Mom posted:

Well his 'story' mode seems to indicate he's some kinda animated statue/demon thing rather than a person. How that fits in with his regular look I've no idea.

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I would be ok with them just gradually turning this game into a Jojo's game. Maybe when Guile finally comes out he'll be a cyborg

When is the new dumb update that finishes the game coming out already

Its cool how jojo guile is straight up a nazi and hes a good guy anyway even though hes a Literal Nazi Officer

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
Our group had a discussion that boiled down to one question: how much would you pay for pants DLC for Cammy?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Why

my girlfriend is Legos
Apr 24, 2013
Have we discussed how Birdie apparently ran on foot from Thailand (I'm assuming that's where the Shadaloo base is) to India (as seen in R. Mika's prologue), then all the way through China and then, I guess, swam to Japan? No wonder he's hungry IMO

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Corbeau posted:

Our group had a discussion that boiled down to one question: how much would you pay for pants DLC for Cammy?

$10, assuming it also gave Laura a top and patched the holes in Mika's suit.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Corbeau posted:

About the same I did for her hipster outfit in SF4. So $5?

Reznor
Jan 15, 2006

Hot dinosnail action.
I think Capcom learned it needs to make a female gaze skin pack. Look at sexy ryu. If I could by skins that objectify the men and empowered the women I'd by a season pass.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

Lemon-Lime posted:

$10, assuming it also gave Laura a top and patched the holes in Mika's suit.

Also remove Chun-Li's stupid bounce. I'm pretty sure an Interpol agent can afford a bra.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Reznor posted:

I think Capcom learned it needs to make a female gaze skin pack. Look at sexy ryu. If I could by skins that objectify the men and empowered the women I'd by a season pass.

I too would like a gstring set for all the men.
That or like just pillar men all of them.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood

Reznor posted:

I'd buy sexy vega and sexy rashid costumes.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.
Vega's outfit isn't already sexy? Those pants couldn't get much tighter.

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

http://youtu.be/KqeDeZw_f1o

Unrelated, but I want a Homer Birdie costume

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood

A.o.D. posted:

Vega's outfit isn't already sexy? Those pants couldn't get much tighter.

male stripper shorts, no shirt, treasure trail, use your imagination

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Corbeau posted:

Does this count

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Renoistic posted:

Also remove Chun-Li's stupid bounce. I'm pretty sure an Interpol agent can afford a bra.

Her bounce is not intentional. It's part of a larger bug where physics meshes on the 2p side don't work properly causing stuff like hair and boobs to flop around and clip everywhere. It's been there since closed beta and was reportedly fixed in the internal build months ago but the fix didn't make it into the retail version because lol Capcom

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
It's honestly really funny that the catsuit is the most reasonable outfit for a real person to wear that she's ever had