Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Greatbacon
Apr 9, 2012

by Pragmatica

stinkles1112 posted:

That's what I would've said too, until my state voted for him.

I still can't believe Oklahoma voted for Bernie

Well, Oklahoma democrats voted for Bernie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
In the Trumplord Holy Land
That's good enough for me.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Lol CNN is garbage.

quote:

Among those targeted by the protesters' cries were the Toates family: father Phillip, his wife and their three children, including a 10-year-old son.

"How do they know I even attended the rally? They say Trump's all about hate, but we have not been about hate and that's the way we got treated when we came out," said Phillip Toates, who said he is leaning toward supporting Trump but is still undecided.

"It's not the way I expected to be treated coming out of a rally," he said.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July
Matt Drudge is now trying to draw allusions between these Trump protests and how Reagan put down the Berkeley protest in the 1960s.

So there's that.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Think about this. He's going to have more rallies. We still have 3 more months of this. Like he's not just going to drop out on Tuesday if he suffers a bad loss. He's not going to just disappear after the election. This is going to drag on.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Hollismason posted:

Think about this. He's going to have more rallies. We still have 3 more months of this. Like he's not just going to drop out on Tuesday if he suffers a bad loss. He's not going to just disappear after the election. This is going to drag on.

It will only get worse for him. You can tell from just looking at him on stage that he's on edge. He can barely contain himself, the hateful things he says are just his rage leaking out. He's going to continue to get more aggravated and more stressed out until he eventually just melts down on stage. I truly believe that he is literally mentally incapable of handling the next few months. A couple months ago he was enjoying this, he was having fun. He isn't having fun anymore. And if he even makes it far enough Hillary is going to push all his buttons in the debates.

Shimrra Jamaane fucked around with this message at 06:06 on Mar 13, 2016

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
Not really concerned about Trump. More concerned that the poo poo he's stirring up is going to hurt people and that the cat is out of the bag

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

It will only get worse for him. You can tell from just looking at him on stage that he's on edge. He can barely contain himself, the hateful things he says are just his rage leaking out. He's going to continue to get more aggravated and more stressed out until he eventually just melts down on stage. I truly believe that he is literally mentally incapable of handling the next few months. And if he even makes it far enough Hillary is going to push all his buttons in the debates.

No, I think he'll be able to keep it together. Every speech I've seen he's pretty much looked the same.

Boon posted:

Not really concerned about Trump. More concerned that the poo poo he's stirring up is going to hurt people and that the cat is out of the bag

This is what worries me.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

And if he even makes it far enough Hillary is going to push all his buttons in the debates.

It may be hard for some posters to remember but Hillary started crashing and burning spectacularly on friday afternoon.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

McDowell posted:

It may be hard for some posters to remember but Hillary started crashing and burning spectacularly on friday afternoon.

Speaking of which, Hillary released an essay-length apology for the Reagan/AIDS comment:

https://medium.com/@HillaryClinton/...6ed8#.b6ao6lds8

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
I wouldn't say she started crashing and burning but it most certainly didn't help her. She made a calculated error in order to espound her work on Hiv/Aids crisis ( which was good work).

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

McDowell posted:

The AIDS comment? Are you serious? That's stupid, especially because it's been completely buried in the news because of the Trump rally stuff. What, you think the Republicans will use it in an attack ad? That would literally involve trashing Saint Reagan.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Hollismason posted:

I wouldn't say she started crashing and burning but it most certainly didn't help her.

It was followed up by that heart melting mess of a press release about the Trump protest.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

And if he even makes it far enough Hillary is going to push all his buttons in the debates.

I just had a terrible thought: Assuming Trump does actually make it to being the GOP nom, what if he took a swing at Hilary during one of the Presidential Debates? Could she push his buttons enough to get him to that point?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

McDowell posted:

It was followed up by that heart melting mess of a press release about the Trump protest.

That's also been all but forgotten AND she recovered a bit today with her rally speech.

http://www.nytimes.com/politics/first-draft/2016/03/12/hillary-clinton-on-trump-rallies-thats-political-arson/?_r=0

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Where she said Bernie was no where to be found when she was fighting for UHC in 93/94 (he was behind her)

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
And... Then followed by a great speech trashing Trump which got a lot of play all day and literally no one remembers the release. You're grasping at straws

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Hillary is inevitable - why vote?

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
Are you okay?

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Everyone is loving melting down. poo poo's loving crazy.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Boon posted:

Are you okay?

Are you?

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
i kind of want this election cycle to be done, its not really fun in the same way the 2012 one was

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

McDowell posted:

Where she said Bernie was no where to be found when she was fighting for UHC in 93/94 (he was behind her)

Bernie will use it against her I guess. Lol if it will matter against the Republicans. Like seriously, what the gently caress are you even saying?

Crain posted:

I just had a terrible thought: Assuming Trump does actually make it to being the GOP nom, what if he took a swing at Hilary during one of the Presidential Debates? Could she push his buttons enough to get him to that point?

Nah but I give even odds on him calling her a bitch or a bimbo. And I guarantee you she will easily goad him into being condescending as hell. The optics of a male politician attempting to talk down to a woman politician is always awful. And Hillary always comes out of those situations looking good.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Bernie will use it against her I guess. Lol if it will matter against the Republicans. Like seriously, what the gently caress are you even saying?

Nah but I give even odds on him calling her a bitch or a bimbo. And I guarantee you she will easily goad him into being condescending as hell. Which will not go over well with women voters.

Luckily Trump's negative favorability with women provides him plenty of cushion

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

what the gently caress are you even saying?

Hillary Clinton is unelectable.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Fun fact, since 1984 women voters have outnumbered men by at least 4% in every general election. 2012 was by 6%.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

McDowell posted:

He stood behind her at an event and then he did not support her plan. Instead he introduced his own plan that went nowhere, something Bernie Sanders loves to do

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

blue squares posted:

He stood behind her at an event and then he did not support her plan. Instead he introduced his own plan that went nowhere, something Bernie Sanders loves to do

Just like his campaign! It's almost like he enjoys being the one who's morally right and martyred!!

(Bernie Sanders is just like any other politician)

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Hollismason posted:

No, I think he'll be able to keep it together. Every speech I've seen he's pretty much looked the same.

Really? Because stuff like the White House Dinner where Obama ripped into him, him giving Comedy Central "off limit" jokes for a roast. And the tiny hands thing shows he's a piece of poo poo that can't handle things when he's un able to attack back/be the center of attention.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

PhazonLink posted:

Really? Because stuff like the White House Dinner where Obama ripped into him, him giving Comedy Central "off limit" jokes for a roast. And the tiny hands thing shows he's a piece of poo poo that can't handle things when he's un able to attack back/be the center of attention.

Yep. He likes to give the appearance that he's in control of every situation but he really isn't. The increasing protests are driving him batty. Like he can't wrap the concept around his mind. "How DARE they protest ME. Who do they thing they ARE?" The fact that he instantly defaults to "they must be ISIS they are with ISIS" even though I highly doubt he's stupid enough to actually believe it is telling.

Shimrra Jamaane fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Mar 13, 2016

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Hollismason posted:

(Bernie Sanders is just like any other politician)

McDowell posted:

why vote?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Stay home then. No one's stopping you.

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

Tiler Kiwi posted:

i kind of want this election cycle to be done, its not really fun in the same way the 2012 one was

We've got a long way to go and it doesn't look like Trump is going anywhere. :smith:

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Tiler Kiwi posted:

It's still fun to me dammit.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Stay home then. No one's stopping you.

Given the choice of two Reaganists I'll go third party.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Deified Data posted:

It's still fun to me dammit.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tj9M34DzAKo

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

McDowell posted:

What's your opinion on magic healing crystals?

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

What's your opinion on magic crystals?

Hillary's foreign policy will be a betrayal of Barack Obama's legacy.

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

For me the most telling Trump moment is right after he lost the Iowa caucus and was clearly psychologically thrown off his game for a bit. He bounced back of course, but experienced politicians don't crack like that, they declare victory and just pretend to be awesome some more. (See: Rubio and Hillary on less-than-winning nights.)

It smacks of the bully who gets punched in the face and is forced to realize they're not all that, and perfectly fits the archetype of the narcissist.

It'll be interesting to see if someone manages to replicate Iowa in the general (they likely won't, external events force someone like that to confront the possibility they may not be #winning while attacks by individuals can easily be rationalized away). It'll be especially interesting to see what happens after he loses. If he really, genuinely expects he'll win...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

McDowell posted:

Principles, after all, are for suckers. Why do something productive when I can go make myself feel better instead?

• Locked thread