Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

HP is awesome. Bring lots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blindeye
Sep 22, 2006

I can't believe I kissed you!
So the new physics is really fun, though definitely way more arcade like. However, I think I've mastered the details of its use:

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.
I believe you just won first place in Exia's physics contest. Good work.

Rampage tonight at 8pm eastern, six and a half hours from this post. Show up.

Blindeye
Sep 22, 2006

Hellsau posted:

I believe you just won first place in Exia's physics contest. Good work.

Rampage tonight at 8pm eastern, six and a half hours from this post. Show up.

I don't think I realized there was a contest. I will say I was shocked that doing a barrel roll causes zero damage to the tank if it's slow enough. Wargaming!

KaiserSchnitzel
Feb 23, 2003

Hey baby I think we Havel lot in common
So, it's come to this.

Jesus Christ.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

a recursion in time, we're stuck in a loop of goons discoving a poor american imitation of anthro-moe dating sims. truly an unceasing hell.

Stringbean
Aug 6, 2010
Tempted on playing this game again. But I sold my account a while back and I'm not sure I want to grind up again.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Blindeye posted:

So the new physics is really fun, though definitely way more arcade like. However, I think I've mastered the details of its use:

If you had hit and killed that Cromwell...my god, that gif.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug

Hellsau posted:

How is this even a contest?

Down to Clownshoe

Available for request:

:britain:
Soviet Valentine mods
Tetrarch in the USSR

:911:
M22 Locust
Medium Tank T2

:france:
ARL 44

:ussr:
LTP
T-37 with ShKAS
T-60
ZIS-20 NEW

:godwin:
Geschuetzpanzer MkVI (e)
Mauschen NEW

:sweden:
Bandkanon 1
Otto Merker's tanks
Strv 74

:poland:
7TP
TK-3/TKS

:japan:
SR tanks

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

KaiserSchnitzel posted:

So, it's come to this.

Jesus Christ.
Yeah, this has already been covered.

Anime is terrible.

Disregard my avatar.

Except when you don't.

Anime is great.

Rorac
Aug 19, 2011

Blindeye posted:

Goddamn it, I've been clean from this game for months. MONTHS. Why do you tempt me so!?

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

The M4 Rev is a really fun tank.
Out of interest, what are sort of the damage amounts I should be heading for in T7/T8, etc?

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
Ummm, just do your best?

Maimgara
May 2, 2007
Chlorine for the Gene-pool.

Michaellaneous posted:

Out of interest, what are sort of the damage amounts I should be heading for in T7/T8, etc?
You should try to do at least your hitpoints in damage, more in tank destroyers. If youre driving artillery, try to do damage equal to a same-tier heavys hitpoints. You'll of course have battles where you do less and more, but on average, you'll be pulling your weight.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Duzzy Funlop posted:

If you had hit and killed that Cromwell...my god, that gif.

It's a Comet, and he did kill it.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

McGavin posted:

It's a Comet, and he did kill it.

Oh, yeah. I meant with the shot immediately following the flip. That would have been so extremely dope.

ELI PORTER
Sep 16, 2007

I posted on Something Awful and all I got was this lousy t-shirt

Blindeye posted:

What'd you use to make this GIF? I did a sick barrel roll on the same map yesterday and want to GIF it.

Stringbean
Aug 6, 2010
Instead he shot and killed the Obj in mid roll. Which is even more great considering the shot had to clear the back deck of the Comet to get that hit in.

Comet looked like it missed the chance to stop his roll and make him die an upside down death.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

decided to test out the new physics, oh i haven't taken the e-75 out for a while.

first match has me and another player who did more damage than anyone on the enemy team, loss
second match has me and TWO other players who did more damage than anyone on the enemy team, loss

this playerbase can eat a gently caress!!

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Stringbean posted:

Instead he shot and killed the Obj in mid roll. Which is even more great considering the shot had to clear the back deck of the Comet to get that hit in.

Comet looked like it missed the chance to stop his roll and make him die an upside down death.

Hoooleeee poo poo, I didn't even notice that. :stare:

Blindeye
Sep 22, 2006

ELI PORTER posted:

What'd you use to make this GIF? I did a sick barrel roll on the same map yesterday and want to GIF it.

There's a goon screen capture/gif maker someone linked me to in this thread...forgot the link though.

Also yes, I was focusing on finishing off that 416, the comet was just icing on the cake. Shame I lost that game, I ended up doing 3500 damage.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Blindeye posted:

There's a goon screen capture/gif maker someone linked me to in this thread...forgot the link though.
GoonCam.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

imo you should make mp4s and not gifs in this fine year of 2016

texasmed
May 27, 2004
I think gifs will always be practical because they are smaller files and generally more web friendly

Michaellaneous posted:

There's this website which I'm not sure how often is updated, http://www.targetdamage.com/
Just do all the damage though, no need to count.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

texasmed posted:

I think gifs will always be practical because they are smaller files and generally more web friendly

that gif up there is 31 MB and browsers play mp4 natively - usually with hardware acceleration. mp4 is so mainstream today that even noted internet relic somethingawful.com supports it

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Yo mother fuckers, 10 minutes until RIGPAGE starts. I mean Rampage. I don't know how that rig got in there, must be a bug. There will definitely not be any rigging involved.

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

https://twitter.com/Crashingtv/status/708815412432117760

i played 2 battles so far with the new patch in a chaffee and got Himmelsdorf both times and lost easy of course. might play some more later and hope to get a better map where i can tony hawk with a tank.

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
Everyone told me the T28 Prototype was awful, and I loved it. Got a Mark of Excellence in it.

Everyone told me the T30 was freaking sweet, and I hate it. I have a 26% winrate in it.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
I think I might just sell all 89 of my tanks that are not the Luchs or SU-85B and just play those two for all eternity.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Michaellaneous posted:

The damage amounts you should be aiming for at T7/T8 is as much as a non-premium T7/T8 heavy. I think my average damage per game is/was something around 1500 with an average tier played of ~T7 (1447 @ T6.97 actual).

An even simpler rubric for doing well is doing at least twice your tank's hp worth of damage to the other team. Just doing ~1:1 in damage inflicted to hulls lost means you're pulling your weight, literally. Obviously this isn't as accurate when you're talking about artillery and TDs, and light tanks shouldn't be as concerned about damage so much as longevity and spots.

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Mar 13, 2016

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost
Uninstalled the game in less then 24 hours after installing it, new personal record. I just can't stand to deal with the player base anymore.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

What are equipment recommendations for the line leading up to the T37/Bulldog? Breezing through the M5 Stuart with vents, binocs and camo net currently for a bit of a more passive role, darting between overwatch positions. Vents, binocs, optics for the Chaffee and up, or should I focus more on gun-related poo poo once I get to the serviceable gun in the T37?

apseudonym
Feb 25, 2011

This patch is entertaining.

:unsmith::respek::france:

Then we got rushed by a KV-5 and murdered :smithicide:.

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit

CitizenKain posted:

Uninstalled the game in less then 24 hours after installing it, new personal record. I just can't stand to deal with the player base anymore.

Welcome to video games on the internet ya bozo.

texasmed
May 27, 2004
I'm pretty sure the ratio of retards to useful players is way out of whack compared to other games. I think part of it is being able to exit a battle early and jump in another tank to throw instantly in.

It doesn't help that my wn8 is like 570 from playing scouts for 2000 battles so it helps motivate people to go "gg we lose" at the start of a match and then throw.

edit: Attacking on Erlenberg, had an arty suicide and one of the scouts drove into the river and blew up about 15 seconds in, but we still won

Descar
Apr 19, 2010

texasmed posted:

It doesn't help that my wn8 is like 570 from playing scouts for 2000 battles so it helps motivate people to go "gg we lose" at the start of a match and then throw.

scouts are the easiest tanks to get high wn8 in, due to people not haveing a clue how to play a scout.
suicide spotting is not how you scout. blaming your poor wn8 on scouts is stuiped.

texasmed
May 27, 2004

Descar posted:

scouts are the easiest tanks to get high wn8 in, due to people not haveing a clue how to play a scout.
suicide spotting is not how you scout. blaming your poor wn8 on scouts is stuiped.

drat dude, it's almost like you answered your own question. No poo poo I didn't know how to play a scout properly for a while and got pretty bad wn8 for it. Thanks for setting me straight.

Chillyrabbit
Oct 24, 2012

The only sword wielding rabbit on the internet

Ultra Carp

Wulfolme posted:

Everyone told me the T28 Prototype was awful, and I loved it. Got a Mark of Excellence in it.

Everyone told me the T30 was freaking sweet, and I hate it. I have a 26% winrate in it.

I didn't like the t30 until I upgraded to the top gun, it turns into a pretty sweet tank as it really enforces a peek and boom strategy that you can excel at by having a turret. Out in the open no chance, and the reload means you have to have supporting tanks to prevent a rush.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Duzzy Funlop posted:

What are equipment recommendations for the line leading up to the T37/Bulldog? Breezing through the M5 Stuart with vents, binocs and camo net currently for a bit of a more passive role, darting between overwatch positions. Vents, binocs, optics for the Chaffee and up, or should I focus more on gun-related poo poo once I get to the serviceable gun in the T37?

So the Chaffee can get a VStab because Wargaming. Always use a VStab. That line has really good view range, so use Optics. I usually choose Vents next because GLD with VStab basically does not do anything even without considering #snapshotmeta, but let's be real here 2.5% boost to everything is pretty mild so I'd understand using a Wet Ammo Rack if you don't enjoy throwing credits into the wind on Large Repair Kits.

texasmed posted:

edit: Attacking on Erlenberg,

You should definitely disable Assault in the in-game options. Assault is famously imbalanced - on most maps the attacking team is cripplingly less likely to win, which makes most good players turn Assault off to lower the variance on their chance to win, which decreases the overall skill level of players in Assault matches, which increases the variance and stupidity of Assault matches.

Most goons strongly prefer if you disabled Assault while platooning, except for ExiaFS. If you platoon with Exia, make sure to have Assault enabled, because that dude just cannot get enough of that game mode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

apseudonym posted:

This patch is entertaining.

:unsmith::respek::france:

Then we got rushed by a KV-5 and murdered :smithicide:.

this is just like turtles helping each other :unsmith: