Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

advion
Jul 25, 2005
Can someone throw me an invite (Advion Kaber) to one of the guilds on Orwen please?

Edit - Got into one thanks.

advion fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Mar 12, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

minchar
Feb 10, 2013

advion posted:

Can someone throw me an invite (Advion Kaber) to one of the guilds on Orwen please?

You have to whisper an officer to get an invite. If you do it soon, you can whisper Matagon for an invite to parks and rec.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

advion posted:

I will be on in 15 minutes, if we have a spare spot and you send me a whisper I'll invite you!!!

Conall
Oct 8, 2015
This game is overwhelming so far. I'd like to play with some goons, but I am in the EU. Will playing on US servers be a terrible idea?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Conall posted:

This game is overwhelming so far. I'd like to play with some goons, but I am in the EU. Will playing on US servers be a terrible idea?
There's a couple of EU goons playing on Orwen, myself including, and it is alright for me personally. Occasional hitching, but nothing terrible.

SebastianK
Dec 4, 2011

Congratulations
Does anyone have any idea about whether investing energy in a node increases how much workers gather from that node along with the increased mob drop rates? Can't seem to find any concrete answers from googling.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

SebastianK posted:

Does anyone have any idea about whether investing energy in a node increases how much workers gather from that node along with the increased mob drop rates? Can't seem to find any concrete answers from googling.
They do I think.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

If the node shenanigans are overwhelming to me right now is it going to cripple me too badly to just ignore all of that for the moment and focus on playing trade baron once I get bored of beating increasingly larger imps to death?

Astroniomix
Apr 24, 2015

Draxion posted:

If the node shenanigans are overwhelming to me right now is it going to cripple me too badly to just ignore all of that for the moment and focus on playing trade baron once I get bored of beating increasingly larger imps to death?
As long as you are trading to connected nodes you'll be fine.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Draxion posted:

Read my post on page 87

Markkei
Aug 11, 2010

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Drythe posted:

Read my post on page 87

Cool, thanks.

Luxily
Aug 11, 2012

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

25 cyclops in 25 minutes... Did we make it? :ohdear:

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

Clocks posted:

25 cyclops in 25 minutes... Did we make it? :ohdear:

No

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Draxion posted:

Cool, thanks.

Now if lewtt would add it to the op

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1

Wilekat posted:

I've just moved a Calpheon wood crate produced in Trent to Velia via NPC transport, took it to the trader and sold it with a 32% distance bonus having carried it a grand total of about 100 feet myself.

Confirming you DO NOT have to transport your poo poo all the way across the map yourself. Pay NPCs to do it for you.

How much did it cost you to do it though?

Gerblederp
Dec 4, 2009

If you played wushu please remember to whisper grithok when joining parks and rec, he remembers you and wants to hear about it

DoctorCubicle
Nov 18, 2012
After reading the opening thread, this sounds a lot like GW2 with like, actual progression. Anyone happen to have one of those trial keys? Might take this out for a spin for a few days before I decide to pick it up (also is the deluxe edition thing worth it?) Thanks in advance Goons.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
Try that there pgs thread where the people be postem them there trial keys

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3766704&perpage=40&pagenumber=6#pti24

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist

now featured in the OP

lag issues back so i'm out of bdo for the night

Agreeable Badger
Aug 8, 2008

You bought the wrong tamer underwear, and that's why you'll never make the big bucks like me.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Luxily
Aug 11, 2012

There seems to be no limit on negative karma.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

DoctorCubicle posted:

After reading the opening thread, this sounds a lot like GW2 with like, actual progression. Anyone happen to have one of those trial keys? Might take this out for a spin for a few days before I decide to pick it up (also is the deluxe edition thing worth it?) Thanks in advance Goons.

It's not really anything at all like GW2.

FlyingCowOfDoom
Aug 1, 2003

let the beat drop

Stanley Pain posted:

Well there are characters who do certain things, so its kinda like it.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

They are both mmos, nerd

DoctorCubicle
Nov 18, 2012

Stanley Pain posted:

That could potentially be even better than my initial thoughts of GW2 w/ progression. Currently, the only thing keeping me playing GW2 is hate rolling for precursors.
Hows this game in regards to alts? These classes all look fun (probably gonna Valk/Sorc to start and maybe make a Wiz or ranger afterward.) Is there anything shared between your characters? Stash/crafting xp/etc.? Not a total dealbreaker just wanna know what I'm getting myself into before I dip in and realize that I have to start all over again whenever I get bored of a certain class.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Trading goons:
Does the origin of the trade pack matter for diminishing returns? Say, if the Calph trade manager has been reduced down to 80% for sunflower crates because of so many coming in from Heidel, does that reduce only the ones made in Heidel, or all of the ones coming in no matter where they were made?

prinnylaharl
Feb 10, 2013

DoctorCubicle posted:

Hows this game in regards to alts? These classes all look fun (probably gonna Valk/Sorc to start and maybe make a Wiz or ranger afterward.) Is there anything shared between your characters? Stash/crafting xp/etc.? Not a total dealbreaker just wanna know what I'm getting myself into before I dip in and realize that I have to start all over again whenever I get bored of a certain class.

Housing, Stashes, Workers, Contribution, and Maximum Energy points are all shared. Gear has no minimum item level and only weapons have class restrictions so it's very easy to transfer items over making your alts god till the real grind begins post 50.

Profession XP isn't shared, it's helpful to have cooking alchemy and processing on different alts for energy reasons but it's not necessary either.

Pretty much the main thing that prevents you from alt whoring is that every level after 50 is a ridiculous XP curve, 51-52 takes the same xp as 1-51 and 52-53 is the same as 1-52 for example.

prinnylaharl fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Mar 13, 2016

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

DoctorCubicle posted:

That could potentially be even better than my initial thoughts of GW2 w/ progression. Currently, the only thing keeping me playing GW2 is hate rolling for precursors.

Workers, Storage, Max Energy and Contribution are shared across your characters (each character has it's own energy pool though). Crafting levels are not shared.

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug
post botes

The Fishergoon and the Sea

The Maiden Voyage of the General Buttnaked

eta: \/ old!

POOL IS CLOSED fucked around with this message at 08:40 on Mar 13, 2016

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I'm finally 50

zwdzk
Dec 12, 2012

smug
I am a terrible person who bought this terrible game for house decoration points

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Eonwe posted:

I'm finally 50

Time to start a splinter guild? And make some fishing pacts?

Dr. Kayak Paddle
May 10, 2006

Eonwe posted:

I'm finally 50

Welcome to the grind.

Luxily
Aug 11, 2012

RedTonic posted:

post botes

The Fishergoon and the Sea

The Maiden Voyage of the General Buttnaked

eta: \/ old!