Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Lol

And you just reminded me that I never saw reservoir dogs until I was already in my twenties. So raise your kids in cornfields if you want them as oblivious as me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
JNCOs as far as the eye could see.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May
My first concert ever was MU330 and Mustard Plug because it was the mid 90s and ska was as cool as I was ever getting.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

LITERALLY SHAKING posted:

Lol

And you just reminded me that I never saw reservoir dogs until I was already in my twenties. So raise your kids in cornfields if you want them as oblivious as me.

dirt patches in the middle of nowhere work as well.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Stultus Maximus posted:

My first concert ever was MU330 and Mustard Plug because it was the mid 90s and ska was as cool as I was ever getting.

I saw reel big fish a few years ago out in hawaii and it was pretty good show. You could tell they absolutely hate beer and take on me but they'll never get to finish a concert again without playing those two.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
who else had dial up internet until 2002? my dad called me up two years after I had moved out to apologize to me. He had recently got a cable modem and finally understood why I always wanted one and a decent computer back in high school.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
sure are lots of walls of text in this here drunk thread

i went to an ozzfest around the turn of the century it was funny to watch ozzy trying to not die onstage

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
Teflon Don ate the eggs lol

Teflon Don posted:

OC+CS

Used a friend's toolshed
http://i.imgur.com/NQyc69o.jpg
During
http://i.imgur.com/3im3Pt0.jpg
After

Videos
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqK7-XCEpNI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMH_Eqa8cbo

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

sure are lots of walls of text in this here drunk thread

i went to an ozzfest around the turn of the century it was funny to watch ozzy trying to not die onstage

Same, and a visibly tired but not drugged/drunk Rob Zombie just want to finish up quick so he can go call his kid and maybe take a nap.

Mr. Nice! posted:

who else had dial up internet until 2002? my dad called me up two years after I had moved out to apologize to me. He had recently got a cable modem and finally understood why I always wanted one and a decent computer back in high school.

Luckily my dad had us on a really nice "business level" T3(I think) in 97 because he had to submit big rear end files to his office every now and again and got his "company" to pay for it.

Booblord Zagats fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Mar 13, 2016

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Booblord Zagats posted:

Korn was always the worst loving band. The lead singer was the whineyest little bitch, crying as he sang stupid rear end lyrics about the MTV generation while a distorted to poo poo bass line over powers everything else.

I saw them twice because fear factory was opening for them in 99 and 01

I went to see Fear Factory in 03/04 or something in Munich because they were the hot poo poo back then and the PA was godawful, the mixing was somehow worse and they barely played 50 minutes as a loving headliner. The opener was called One Minute of Silence and that's unfortunately not what we got from them.

But this was back in the day when we'd be stupid drunk for metal shows, so no one really cared. Working as a stage hand at moderately big concerts after I hand founded my "consulting business" for the next 7 years ended up being more fun anyway. Except for that one time I was made "honorary" rigger because they were short a guy and the stage manager didn't care about regulation. That was a living OSHA nightmare.

really good pay, though

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Mr. Nice! posted:

dirt patches in the middle of nowhere work as well.

I was so loving off pace with culture when I tried that I may as well have just thrown on some bell bottoms and stuck with it throughout middle and high school. But living in the middle of nowhere gave you a buffer back then, and being raised conservative catholic sets you back at least five years. Best example I can give is Jurassic Park. I was probably about 11 when it came out, but my mother forbade it because blood and heresy or something and I wound up never seeing it until I was probably 23 because it just didn't seem interesting. Same for Star Wars, most Indy films, and just about everything R rated prior to the nineties. Just didn't interest me and I don't have the nostalgia for it.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Mr. Nice! posted:

JNCOs as far as the eye could see.

My mom refused to let me or my sister have them, since she was a deputy and the only people she saw in them was shop lifting trailer trash.

I really should get her a thank you card or something for keeping an eye out for us like that

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Bowl cuts were popular for a little while in the mid-90s. Parents said no, thanks mom and dad.

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

i went to blink 182 and was the oldest person there who wasnt a parent

my gf really wanted to see em

The oldest people at a blink 182 concert is blink 182 themselves.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
What is the etiquette for preserving your time and not being a total rear end in a top hat when you know 15 seconds into a Tinder date that it's not going to work on any level

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
My first concert was Whitesnake and Motley Crue in 1987.

I've also seen Megadeth / Dio. Metallica a couple of times the Who and Van Hagar

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Zeris posted:

What is the etiquette for preserving your time and not being a total rear end in a top hat when you know 15 seconds into a Tinder date that it's not going to work on any level

I don't want her you can have her something something something

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Syrian Lannister posted:

My first concert was Whitesnake and Motley Crue in 1987.

I've also seen Megadeth / Dio. Metallica a couple of times the Who and Van Hagar

Which metallica? Burton, Newstead, or Trujillo? Because those are three distinct metallicas.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
Jason for both: Once in Chicago for In Justice for All and in NC for the Black Album

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Booblord Zagats posted:

I don't want her you can have her something something something

What?

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
shoulda done the ol' excuse yourself to the restroom and climbed out the window and ran away move

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Zeris posted:

Stay for a drink, split the tab or not, and peace out.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Zeris posted:

so shes a stupid uggo or what?

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

Zeris posted:

How fat is she?

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
I think the first concert I went to was Sevendust at a fairground. I don't remember anything about the show, so I guess that describes how amazing it was. Saw Aerosmith in the Delta Center (now Energy Solutions Arena) which is the worst show I've ever attended. That building is designed to deflect crowd noise everywhere and make it deafening. I honestly was only able to recognize one song in their entire performance, the rest was just a mess of echoes.

Best show I've ever seen was Metallica in 1998. Jerry Cantrell and Days of the New opened...both were fine, but Days of the New was a really odd choice for that tour. I saw Ozzy in OKC a few years ago, but only caught part of the show...that dude's still got it, or at least he did c. 2009. Flogging Molly and Dropkick Murphys are always fun as hell, just because half the crowd is always hammered and the other half is trying to catch up.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
I saw aerosmith around 2000 or so, that was a pretty decent show at a smaller venue. I haven't been to a concert since maybe 08 when I saw clapton.

Bowie died so thats one I'll never get to see. I wouldn't mind seeing prince but his ticket prices are always expensive as gently caress I think.

Not really sure who else I would be interested in seeing at this point.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Godholio posted:

I think the first concert I went to was Sevendust at a fairground. I don't remember anything about the show, so I guess that describes how amazing it was. Saw Aerosmith in the Delta Center (now Energy Solutions Arena) which is the worst show I've ever attended. That building is designed to deflect crowd noise everywhere and make it deafening. I honestly was only able to recognize one song in their entire performance, the rest was just a mess of echoes.

Best show I've ever seen was Metallica in 1998. Jerry Cantrell and Days of the New opened...both were fine, but Days of the New was a really odd choice for that tour. I saw Ozzy in OKC a few years ago, but only caught part of the show...that dude's still got it, or at least he did c. 2009. Flogging Molly and Dropkick Murphys are always fun as hell, just because half the crowd is always hammered and the other half is trying to catch up.

I think I'd rather see Jerry Cantrell and Days of the New than Metallica.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

ShittyPostmakerPro posted:

What happened to the 'These are the people you share a road with' thread?

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

something something something is replaced by "She's too fat for me" in an old german(midwest) folk song

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I had dinner with Tom Delong of Blink 182 a couple months ago. Kind of long story behind it, but he spent most of the time talking about alien conspiracy theories and some book/movie franchise thing he's trying to get started while a retired AF general figuratively sucked his dick. It was weird in a bad way.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

How many kids and or marriages did you find out she had?

I rode the last one out. But haven't spoken to her since and think she got the hint. I feel insulted tho, like I was catfished.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Fister Roboto posted:

I had dinner with Tom Delong of Blink 182 a couple months ago. Kind of long story behind it, but he spent most of the time talking about alien conspiracy theories and some book/movie franchise thing he's trying to get started while a retired AF general figuratively sucked his dick. It was weird in a bad way.

Dude sounds like he's got legitimate mental health issues.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

not caring here posted:

How fat is she?

Fat enough that if her pics were up to date I would've swiped left.

I realize I'm doing this wrong by even caring.

But hell, you just look at a stranger after meeting them for the first time, and they open their mouth and you think to yourself "based on this updated appearance, there is no way I am willing to get drunk enough to be attracted". Anyway she turned out to be an idiot who abuses prescription pills, is "On adderall any time she's up passed midnight on a Saturday," on hearing of my army background asked, "so did you ever get PTSD?" followed shortly by "I have PTSD too, it's not rude of me to ask," etc. etc.

Zeris fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Mar 13, 2016

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Zeris posted:

But hell, you just look at a stranger after meeting them for the first time, and they open their mouth and you think to yourself "based on this updated appearance, there is no way I am willing to get drunk enough to be attracted". Anyway she turned out to be an idiot who abuses prescription pills, is "On adderall any time she's up passed midnight on a Saturday," on hearing of my army background asked, "so did you ever get PTSD?" followed shortly by "I have PTSD too, it's not rude of me to ask," etc. etc.

LOL

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

yikes

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Zeris posted:

well i hope you did your damnedest to trigger hers

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

I forgot to add she teaches special ed so "she can't do illegal drugs because they could drug test her at any time."

Me: "Oh, that sucks, when was the last time they drug tested you?"

Her: "Oh, they've never done it, but they could."

ie a bunch of rationalizations for having a pill problem.

And she wanted to give me poo poo for being in a poor grad student I probably get paid more than her from benefits, during the school year. And she's the type to check her phone halfway through a conversation without even pretending at an excuse.

NYC Tinder & Bumble count, Fall 2015 and Spring 2016:

8 dates total so far.
6 of 8 asked one or both of, after my army background came: "Do you have PTSD?" / "Did you kill anyone?"
2 got second dates; 1 of which ended in sex; after which at 3am she had to go home because her ex was text-bombing her about ending their "friendship" if she slept over. Why does he know where she is? Why is she answering him at 3am? Why is she updating her ex on her Tinder dates? Why did she leave me a long apologetic voicemail after she left? Who knows!
edit: I forgot, the OTHER second date was an avowed germophobe and OCD freak who washed her hands up to her elbows every time she got home.
1 Syrian refugee interning at the UN
1 very predictably ended in a hookup; days prior to meeting she was texting pics of her dog and suggesting I'd get to meet it soon. After I passed out in her bed she brought the little pup into bed and LOUDLY played with it in the same weird baby talk voice she made during sex. I took the hint and gtfo.
1 chick who was in the army, also goes to Columbia, and would probably be a very cool chick to know but I hosed it up by ghosting after getting back w/ my ex

Stay classy, New York

Zeris fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Mar 14, 2016

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
My Life With the Thrill Kill Kult, Primus, Love and Rockets all at separate times at some club in hawaii that I keep forgetting the name of 96-98ish. It was odd seeing people mosh to love and rockets. Thrill kill was loving great. Primus was well primus.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Zeris posted:

Did you at least get her tumblr?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Mad Dragon posted:

Did you at least get her tumblr?

No but I probably should've been able to figure it out from this pic. Add 20lbs, though, for the real-life version.

• Locked thread