Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
people in this game get salty as gently caress if you kill them while they're rogue. i could totally get if they get mad if i dropped them when they had the 20 second 'i hosed up' rogue timer, but how are you gonna get so pissed if i take you out when you have like 120 seconds left?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

You matchmake for whatever difficulty you have set.

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

people in this game get salty as gently caress if you kill them while they're rogue. i could totally get if they get mad if i dropped them when they had the 20 second 'i hosed up' rogue timer, but how are you gonna get so pissed if i take you out when you have like 120 seconds left?
Isn't the salt half the enjoyment?

BAD AT STUFF
May 10, 2012

We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because fuck you.

Elpato posted:

So, I have this policy. It's a personal thing. If I go rogue by accident, I'm loving all in. Did I accidentally clip you during a firefight? Sorry, can't leave any witnesses.

That's been my philosophy too. The one time I flagged myself (jerk walked into my nade) I got wrecked instantly. But the few times the randoms I've grouped with flag us, it's go time. Sorry dude clearing the sports store with us, you're getting mag dumped. My survival rate for that is pretty good as well, aside from the time I ran down a dead end alley with only 12 seconds on my timer.

The one time I intentionally flagged myself there were 4 guys trying to extract at once. I couldn't help myself, nade into sticky downed them all and I got loot from at least two. Then I tried to take the stairs down from the parking garage and ran right into two dudes. Oh well.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

Been searching for a while now, still stuck at 12/13 and 21/22 in Pennsylvania and Clinton areas. :mad: Don't know why they wouldn't appear on the map.

Edit: If you toggle your map to INTEL, it seems to 'reset' the view and they popped into appearing.

Deviant fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Mar 13, 2016

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
Do you lose more xp and DZ dollars when a rogue agent kills you than an NPC? I guess when you get killed as a rogue there are some severe consequences but I'm not sure when you're just doing your own thing. I've seen maybe 6 dudes my entire time in the DZ (and I'm DZ level 19) and that's almost always at the extraction area

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

Since I settled my issue, have something that just sorta happened.

KFBR392
Jan 21, 2016

by Cowcaster

Deviant posted:

Since I settled my issue, have something that just sorta happened.

Lol

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
2 questions:
1: why can I put performance mods on some gear and not others. Just trying to understand the logic is all.

2: didn't the season pass supposedly do a Battlefield Premium-like thing where you got regular daily/weekly rewards?

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
I'm thinking about picking this up today.

What is new/different from the beta?

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Phi230 posted:

I'm thinking about picking this up today.

What is new/different from the beta?

loving lol posts like this slay me.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

I wish the triggers on PS4 had some dead zone because if it moves one nanometer you fire your gun. Most negligent discharges in a game ever for me. :(

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Feenix posted:

2 questions:
1: why can I put performance mods on some gear and not others. Just trying to understand the logic is all.

2: didn't the season pass supposedly do a Battlefield Premium-like thing where you got regular daily/weekly rewards?

1. The stats will usually have a +1 gear mod slot if you can. This is way more noticeable if you get the recalibration bench.

Hot Dog Day #82
Jul 5, 2003

Soiled Meat
I am a little baby level 10, but I am hoping to get to at least 15 in a few days. If I got into the DZ at the earliest level I can will it be worth my time at all, or will I just be dodging players and high level vagrants the entire time?

LCL-Dead
Apr 22, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Never got my hazmat suit. :(

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Low level DZ is cool and good. Get a group, even with pubbers it can be great.

You'll die and lose poo poo sometimes. It's ok.

LCL-Dead posted:

Never got my hazmat suit. :(

Contact support.

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

Hot Dog Day #82 posted:

I am a little baby level 10, but I am hoping to get to at least 15 in a few days. If I got into the DZ at the earliest level I can will it be worth my time at all, or will I just be dodging players and high level vagrants the entire time?

It's worth while at low levels, but I'd probably get up to 12 or so, since the first bracket is lvl 1-14 and most of the enemies in DZ01 are purple level 10+ guys.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

drat Dirty Ape posted:

Huh, I feel almost the opposite. I've been in a million subways and sewer levels, but the size and level of detail in this game is quickly making it one of my favorite video game cities.

Don't get me wrong, the level of detail in this game is amazing, but in terms of what I'd like to see more of from the Division, "more open-world collectathon maps" is pretty low on the priority list because it's been done to death in a million other games. I like the fact that the Division has a good balance among the game modes and all the major replayable missions are well-designed, so that you never have to spend more than an hour at a time without switching things up. Having even more game modes to choose from, like total map DZ or horde mode, would be even better.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Logged out inside a checkpoint, logged back in at the DZ5 safe room. Ubisoft :argh:

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

GOTYiTYoOL2016

Dammit pretend I quoted that image of the guy that looked like Kyle.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

evil_bunnY posted:

Logged out inside a checkpoint, logged back in at the DZ5 safe room. Ubisoft :argh:

I think checkpoints are just for respawning dude.

Manxome Foe
Apr 6, 2005

Beware the Jabberwock, my son! The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
So the new cool thing to do if you want to be a monstrous rear end in a top hat is to hit level 29, and then just go live in the Dark Zone. You'll always be in the 25-29 bracket, but you'll keep gaining DZ levels.

I have pretty awesome level 29 gear, but I came across a guy who was 29/43 (DZ level 43) and he was pretty much invincible. He killed at least 6 people at an extraction and never lost a full bar of health (with 6 dudes all shooting at him). It was grossly imbalanced.

Also, if you're on PS4 at least, you can kill people, steal their poo poo, and then close the application. Wait a bit for the heat to die down, log back in, and you're no longer rogue.

KFBR392
Jan 21, 2016

by Cowcaster
We plan on making the other 3 and running in a 4 man in the DZ. Hopefully this works.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

bear is driving! posted:

So the new cool thing to do if you want to be a monstrous rear end in a top hat is to hit level 29, and then just go live in the Dark Zone. You'll always be in the 25-29 bracket, but you'll keep gaining DZ levels ranks.

I have pretty awesome level 29 gear, but I came across a guy who was 29/43 (DZ level rank 43) and he was pretty much invincible. He killed at least 6 people at an extraction and never lost a full bar of health (with 6 dudes all shooting at him). It was grossly imbalanced.

DZ ranks. There's no Dz level. And who cares if you keep gaining dz ranks? Good for you?
Its not really a 'monstrous rear end in a top hat' thing so much as just how the game is gonna work. If you park yourself at 29 though you miss out on end game activities so its not like you'll become this massively OP bastard. Its as 'monstrous' as parking yourself at level 14 to pvp in the first DZ, which is what a ton of loving people have done and not really a big deal.

DZ rank 43 means nothing more than he can buy the things that require rank 30. That's all. Stop thinking about it like its level.

If he's grossly imbalanced to you its just because he's got better gear or he's re-rolled his gear better. Rank does not give you ANY power advantage.

You could park yourself at level 14 and get up to DZ Rank 100 and you'd be better geared than other level 14 players by far but you'd have no power advantage inherently whatsoever.

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005
Style.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
Are the servers down? I keep on getting a Delta error.

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

So I've heard mixed things about playing this game solo, would you recommend it if someone has no one to play it with yet enjoys loot games like Borderlands?

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Just Chamber posted:

So I've heard mixed things about playing this game solo, would you recommend it if someone has no one to play it with yet enjoys loot games like Borderlands?

I played Borderlands solo and it was fun. Division solo is pretty good actually. Better than Destiny ever was solo.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Just Chamber posted:

I've got up to level 14 entirely solo, haven't hit the Dark Zone yet but it's been fun.

I've been using the auto matchmaking for some of the missions, the only real issue is when people who are too low level for the mission queue up for it, they just die over and over and make everything harder.

Elpato
Oct 14, 2009

I hate to spoil the ending, but...some stuff gets eaten, y'know?
I use the DZ to wait for my friends to catch up to my level. Level 19 atm, DZ rank 24. Never tried to do DZ 1-14 though.

If anyone wants to DZ at that level in the next couple days on PC, my IGN is El_Pato_01

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

bear is driving! posted:

So the new cool thing to do if you want to be a monstrous rear end in a top hat is to hit level 29, and then just go live in the Dark Zone. You'll always be in the 25-29 bracket, but you'll keep gaining DZ levels.

I have pretty awesome level 29 gear, but I came across a guy who was 29/43 (DZ level 43) and he was pretty much invincible. He killed at least 6 people at an extraction and never lost a full bar of health (with 6 dudes all shooting at him). It was grossly imbalanced.

Also, if you're on PS4 at least, you can kill people, steal their poo poo, and then close the application. Wait a bit for the heat to die down, log back in, and you're no longer rogue.

I'm gonna farm up in the 25-29 bracket, seems like a good idea too.

Jolarix
Feb 28, 2004
Your reading skill has increased by +1 point(s).

Elpato posted:

...and catch their radio chatter:

"Is that the guy?"
"That's him! That's the guy that killed Jake! El Poto!"

GOTY

How do you hear other teams' radio chatter in the DZ? Is there a public or proximity channel?

To be clear- I'm on PS4. I'm guessing the answer is No.

WirelessPillow
Jan 12, 2012

Look Ma, no wires!

Jolarix posted:

How do you hear other teams' radio chatter in the DZ? Is there a public or proximity channel?

Proximity channel, all voice chat can be heard in the DZ.

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G

Jolarix posted:

Probably proximity.

Nissir
Apr 23, 2007
Man with no Title
Had a full stash from Dark Zone but when I left my stash was empty :(

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Nissir posted:

Check the "extracted" tab

KFBR392
Jan 21, 2016

by Cowcaster

Nissir posted:

Did you actually extract your stuff?

If so, check out he extracted tab. If not, lmao

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G
God drat hitting DZ rank 30 is useless because good gears require DZ rank 50 anyway :argh:

Retroblique
Oct 16, 2002

Now the wild world is lost, in a desert of smoke and straight lines.
90% of my co-op experiences thus far:

1) Teammate rushes blindly into an area filled with about 20 enemies.
2) Teammate proceeds to try and circle strafe all the enemies like he's playing Doom.
3) Teammate gets taken down within 5 seconds and starts hobbling around in circles.
4) Teammate screams over voice chat: "gently caress YOU, RETRO!"

It's a cover-based shooter, you spackers. Use it.

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic

Retroblique posted:

2) Teammate proceeds to try and circle strafe all the enemies like he's playing Doom.
3) Teammate gets taken down within 5 seconds and starts hobbling around in circles.

Get better teammates.

I've been running with the same crew since launch and we just steamroll everything. We're usually the ones running the dark zone, it's fantastic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KFBR392
Jan 21, 2016

by Cowcaster

Retroblique posted:

Most people are real real bad at bideo gamez. I've been getting ratfucked by Destiny's horrible SBMM for so long I almost forgot this.

• Locked thread