Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Because as the preeminent neo-con of our day and age, Hillary's inauguration speech will end with her stating that she's nuking Russia and China.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Taerkar posted:

Because as the preeminent neo-con of our day and age, Hillary's inauguration speech will end with her stating that she's nuking Russia and China.

Don't forget Iran!

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

blue squares posted:

He stood behind her at an event and then he did not support her plan. Instead he introduced his own plan that went nowhere, something Bernie Sanders loves to do

Stood behind her at an event is pretty meaningless but also there's this:

https://twitter.com/jeneps/status/708726520768901121

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Rhesus Pieces posted:

https://twitter.com/kcmomanager/status/708821136935505921

https://twitter.com/breakingnews/status/708825727177793536

He's just going to keep blatantly making poo poo up and getting away with it. His audience gleefully swallows it whole.

https://twitter.com/sakirkhader/status/708821173317050368

They feel safe and emboldened enough at these rallies to be as openly bigoted as they please. They've been dying to yell this poo poo at the top of their lungs around fellow racists for years without wearing a hood and they finally have their opportunity.

I don't know what's worse, these racist idiots or the Democrats/liberals who meekly speak platitudes about how we need to come together politically and rise above hatred instead of recognizing that we have a serious, bitter problem at the root of America and confront it head on with all the grave necessity it demands.

It's the difference between Obama's idealist posturing on the Grand Bargain he wanted with Congress vs the Trollbama pragmatist of the second half of his presidency. We need real action on this, not platitudes.

Teriyaki Koinku fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Mar 13, 2016

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

I don't know what's worse, these racist idiots or the Democrats/liberals who meekly speak platitudes about how we need to come together politically and rise above hatred instead of recognizing that we have a serious, bitter problem at the root of America and confront it head on with all the grave necessity it demands.

Is this a dogwhistle for "sic the military on Trump Supporters" or what?

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

computer parts posted:

Is this a dogwhistle for "sic the military on Trump Supporters" or what?

No, but I could see how you would interpret it that way. I'm not even sure myself, but airy political rhetoric and platitudes really don't help and give off a sense of not taking this issue seriously.

e: My point is that the Tweets by Neil DeGrasse Tyson and Hillary Clinton give off a really disconnected feeling to the reality of the situation that's almost insulting. It's about needing to get to grips on how dire this really is and take it seriously instead of being content with idealistic imaginings of how America should be united and all that. I'm just addressing the rhetoric that's being used here.

Teriyaki Koinku fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Mar 13, 2016

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

There's a LOT fewer of those "We must work together" folks than there used to be. Largely because of things like this.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Tempest_56 posted:

There's a LOT fewer of those "We must work together" folks than there used to be. Largely because of things like this.

True, but the ones that remain are particularly important figures like Hillary Clinton who really should be doing more, at least in her rhetoric. Obama at least learned that lesson (the hard way) going into his second term in office as President.

If she is going to be the Roman General "Destroy Carthage and Salt the Earth!" destroyer as President many of us here at DnD want and expect her to be, she isn't showing that quality as of now.

e: If anyone is thinking of bring this up, then yes she handled the Benghazi marathon investigative committee as best as she could. She also had to play on the defensive then and not show signs of fatigue or being ruffled by her inquisitors, which I still applaud her for as her endurance then is a good sign of her qualifications as president in the future. But it was also a different political arena than the sort of issue we're dealing with here.

Teriyaki Koinku fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Mar 13, 2016

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
I really don't expect Hillary to be all "gently caress the GOP now and forever, amen" on the campaign trail. That isn't exactly appealing of a candidate.

I do expect her to flip that switch in January, however.

StrugglingHoneybun
Jan 2, 2005

Aint no thing like me, 'cept me.

This is from yesterday, which might as well be 2014 as fast as this thread moves, but this mother fucker has some shameful mowing shoes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjAbAuYbfTY

IllIllIll
Feb 17, 2012
OK which one of you made this video?

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/708800227994537984?s=09

poo poo, as if Trump supports weren't already suspecting every brown person to be An ISIS... Now white guys with beards are fair game too

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

End of Life Guy posted:

This is from yesterday, which might as well be 2014 as fast as this thread moves, but this mother fucker has some shameful mowing shoes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjAbAuYbfTY

That's the best thing in this thread all month.

Sarcastr0
May 29, 2013

WON'T SOMEBODY PLEASE THINK OF THE BILLIONAIRES ?!?!?

IllIllIll posted:

poo poo, as if Trump supports weren't already suspecting every brown person to be An ISIS... Now white guys with beards are fair game too

It's in the Koran - Muslim build beards on people they have conquered.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

It will only get worse for him. You can tell from just looking at him on stage that he's on edge. He can barely contain himself, the hateful things he says are just his rage leaking out. He's going to continue to get more aggravated and more stressed out until he eventually just melts down on stage. I truly believe that he is literally mentally incapable of handling the next few months. A couple months ago he was enjoying this, he was having fun. He isn't having fun anymore. And if he even makes it far enough Hillary is going to push all his buttons in the debates.

I think the early predictions of Trump losing it mentally and screaming that Clinton is a oval office on live TV might just come true...

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

IllIllIll posted:

I think the Isis comparisons for all the protesters is what will lead to the first death of the campaign season.

Anchor Wanker
May 14, 2015
I'm still hoping for him to walk on stage during the general and play "The Wave" for the crowd before conceding to Clinton/Sanders.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
Rubio was just asked point blank by Jake Tapper if he thinks there is going to be a death on the campaign trail, and Rubio believes that, that will be the case.

:stonk:

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

IllIllIll posted:

Now? :raise:

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Boon posted:

Rubio was just asked point blank by Jake Tapper if he thinks there is going to be a death on the campaign trail, and Rubio believes that, that will be the case.

And the impulse to do anything about it or to prevent it will be absolutely zero... :smith:

If/when someone dies, it should be charged as criminal negligence on their part, but not like that's ever going to happen.

Sarcastr0
May 29, 2013

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

And the impulse to do anything about it or to prevent it will be absolutely zero... :smith:

If/when someone dies, it should be charged as criminal negligence on their part, but not like that's ever going to happen.

Freedom of speech is a bitch ain't it? No prior restraint, no charging people for incitement...

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Does Ted Cruz have a sex tape?

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Boon posted:

Too be fair, looking at the madness that is the Trump rallies it's hard to come to any other conclusion.

Still loving scary.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

gradenko_2000 posted:

You ever watch Silence of the Lambs?

eNeMeE
Nov 26, 2012

gradenko_2000 posted:

...please travel back in time to before you put that idea in my head and then kill yourself. I don't care if it ends the universe, just make it not happen!

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Sarcastr0 posted:

Freedom of speech is a bitch ain't it? No prior restraint, no charging people for incitement...

I mean more the part of Rubio et al knowing somebody's going to die but not taking any measures or effort to prevent it. They just don't care.

lothar_
Sep 11, 2001

Don't Date Robots!

Alkydere posted:

Too be fair, looking at the madness that is the Trump rallies it's hard to come to any other conclusion.

Still loving scary.

I'm honestly surprised more folks aren't making comparisons to KPD vs. NSDAP street battles. It's a great time to be a historical recreationist, really.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Alkydere posted:

Still loving scary.

I think it's one thing for you and I to speculate about it. When the national media and campaigning candidates have reached that conclusion - we're in a whole 'nother level of holy poo poo.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

gradenko_2000 posted:

It probably looks something like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAsPeY8BsQU&t=17s

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

eNeMeE posted:

...please travel back in time to before you put that idea in my head and then kill yourself. I don't care if it ends the universe, just make it not happen!

Don't blame me, it's YCS that's insinuating it

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

gradenko_2000 posted:

Of course not. His mate would have eaten his head after copulation.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Boon posted:

I think it's one thing for you and I to speculate about it. When the national media and campaigning candidates have reached that conclusion - we're in a whole 'nother level of holy poo poo.

Well it's gotten there. The latest TIME magazine cover asks "Who killed the Party of Reagan?"

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Of course not. His mate would have eaten his head after copulation.

he has 2 kids

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Entire Thread with Eyes Ripped Out: "Do you vote for Donald Trump? *attacks everyone with an axe*"

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Not judging by their reaction to him.

Franco Potente
Jul 9, 2010

Chokes McGee posted:

Entire Thread with Eyes Ripped Out: "Do you vote for Donald Trump? *attacks everyone with an axe*"

In the Mouth of Yuuugeness

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

2 suspiciously blonde kids

Sarcastr0
May 29, 2013

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

I mean more the part of Rubio et al knowing somebody's going to die but not taking any measures or effort to prevent it. They just don't care.

Fair enough. There's not much that can be done legally, but the way everyone has been kinda accepting this as inevitable has been pretty horrid.

I almost expect that from the right, who have legitimized political violence since forever, but even though I'm a Democratic tool (want Sanders, would be stoked for Hillary as well), and I feel like the left is also frozen in anticipation.

Xanderkish
Aug 10, 2011

Hello!

Sarcastr0 posted:

I almost expect that from the right, who have legitimized political violence since forever, but even though I'm a Democratic tool (want Sanders, would be stoked for Hillary as well), and I feel like the left is also frozen in anticipation.

Not everyone on the left. There's quite a few people taking action. The protestors, BLM, etc. That said, for the average person, it's kind of hard to feel like they can do anything. A lot of people believe they can only have a marginal, if any, impact on national politics right now, and it seems hard to justify putting yourself out there when you've got your own concerns at home that feel way more immediate and personal than those on the national scale. Plus people might be afraid of getting hurt. I'm not saying they're the best of decisions. But it's not done for no reason.

At the very least, people are speaking about it on social media. Which is good because television media is totally limp over all of this. I feel like social media is the biggest thing counteracting the bullshit media narratives right now, and I'm so grateful for that.

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

Boon posted:

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/708983126601682944

He doesn't even need to hand out armbands and blackjacks. Just tweet out some suggestive words and his supporters will fill in the blanks. He'll even pay the legal fees!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

blue squares posted:

2 suspiciously blonde kids

my hair used to be as blonde as thier's and now it's brown, hair genetics is weird

• Locked thread