Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.
Let's make some predictions what will happen after tonight:

BW: Thomas Strobl is going to hatefuck Guide Wolf and become the junior partner in an Greens-CDU coalition, ensuring that Kretschmann really does the full 5 years and winning in the next election. Expect a lot of people to interpret it as a sign for 2017.
RLP: SPD wins in an upset victory, staying in power with a commissarial minority government for now. Reelections next year at the same time as the general election
S-A: CDU/SPD Great coalition

Drone posted:

I honestly always pegged you for an AfD voter, so color me surprised I guess. I'm almost certain Riso would be one too if he were a real German.

I would never vote for a party that is peddling nationalistic poo poo as their solution to everything (note: I always wanted a European solution to the refugee crisis) simply because I don't view poor Germans as more deserving of my charity than poor Afghans or Syrians. I'm not even sure what they stand for in other policy areas, given that they have not adjusted their program since they ousted the last at least somewhat sane people, but I expect a sharp left turn in those areas (see FN)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

GaussianCopula posted:

Let's make some predictions what will happen after tonight:

BW: Thomas Strobl is going to hatefuck Guide Wolf and become the junior partner in an Greens-CDU coalition, ensuring that Kretschmann really does the full 5 years and winning in the next election. Expect a lot of people to interpret it as a sign for 2017.
RLP: SPD wins in an upset victory, staying in power with a commissarial minority government for now. Reelections next year at the same time as the general election
S-A: CDU/SPD Great coalition

I would never vote for a party that is peddling nationalistic poo poo as their solution to everything (note: I always wanted a European solution to the refugee crisis) simply because I don't view poor Germans as more deserving of my charity than poor Afghans or Syrians. I'm not even sure what they stand for in other policy areas, given that they have not adjusted their program since they ousted the last at least somewhat sane people, but I expect a sharp left turn in those areas (see FN)

Yeah, the AfD is notoriously opaque when it comes to policy positions that go beyond the regular "EU bad, foreigners bad.". Skimming over their programs for these three elections the closest thing to a common theme would a generally very conservative/reactionary thrust with lots of bitching about political correctness and the much-quoted and rarely-defined "Gender Mainstreaming". Apart from immigration, the most prominent topics seem to be "we need to be tough on crime (especially with them foreigners)" and "we're totally against the discrimination of LGBT people and women, but...". Throw in a bit of nationalism and on the whole it reads kind of like a NPD with more of a filter, or maybe like a CSU with less of one.

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gG8bZ_gWBbQ

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!

Perestroika posted:

Yeah, the AfD is notoriously opaque when it comes to policy positions that go beyond the regular "EU bad, foreigners bad.". Skimming over their programs for these three elections the closest thing to a common theme would a generally very conservative/reactionary thrust with lots of bitching about political correctness and the much-quoted and rarely-defined "Gender Mainstreaming". Apart from immigration, the most prominent topics seem to be "we need to be tough on crime (especially with them foreigners)" and "we're totally against the discrimination of LGBT people and women, but...". Throw in a bit of nationalism and on the whole it reads kind of like a NPD with more of a filter, or maybe like a CSU with less of one.

There's this
https://correctiv.org/media/public/a6/8e/a68ed5e4-32a8-4184-8ade-5c19c37ff524/2016_02_23-grundsatzprogrammentwurf.pdf

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.
Well, now it gets interesting.

Winners:
Afd, FDP, Greens

Losers:
SPD, Linke, CDU

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

lmfao sachsen-anhalt. l m f a o

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

23% AfD in Sachsen-Anhalt, wtf :barf:

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Prognosen aus Sachsen-Anhalt: CDU: 30,5 Prozent, AfD 21,5 Prozent, Linke: 16,5 Prozent, SPD 12 Prozent, Grüne 5 Prozent, FDP: 5 Prozent.
Erste Prognosen aus Rheinland-Pfalz: 37,5 Prozent SPD, 33 Prozent CDU, 5 Prozent Grüne, 10 Prozent AfD, 6,5 Prozent FDP, 3 Prozent Linke
Erste Prognose aus Baden-Württemberg: 32,5 Prozent Grüne, 27,5 Prozent CDU, 13 Prozent SPD, 12,5 Prozent AfD, 8 Prozent FDP, 3 Prozent Linke

GaussianCopula fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Mar 13, 2016

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!
jesus christ

LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead

GaussianCopula posted:

Erste Prognose aus Baden-Württemberg: 32,5 Prozent CDU, 27,5 Prozent Grüne, 13 Prozent SPD, 12,5 Prozent AfD, 8 Prozent FDP, 3 Prozent Linke
You've got the CDU and Greens the wrong way round there:

https://twitter.com/SPIEGELONLINE/status/709061650192666626

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011

LemonDrizzle posted:

You've got the CDU and Greens the wrong way round there:

https://twitter.com/SPIEGELONLINE/status/709061650192666626

Just copy pasted it but you are right.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Those are some nasty-rear end results. I can't even get properly schadenfreudey about the CDU getting wrecked in RP and BaWü.

Speaking of which: GC, you switched CDU and Grüne in Baden-Württemberg

Cingulate
Oct 23, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
That must be a lot more political positions than the AfD has qualified personnel for right?

Well, even beyond the fact that they have 0 qualified personnel.

ArchangeI
Jul 15, 2010
Figures that the Bundesland abbreviated SA would vote nazi

Wake up sheeple

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
First thoughts:

SPD/Greens and Greens/SPD don't have a majority in any of the countries.

CDU hates it if you try to backstab Mutti.

AfD is probably here to stay.

FDP is back.

In Saxony-Anhalt the "grand coalition" is no longer grand enough

LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead

AfD eating up the left-wing vote like candy.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Thomas Strobl already hatefucking Guido Wolf live on TV. Good to see.

Aix
Jul 6, 2006
$10
Until now I always thought the third reich came to be because of the special circumstances surrounding the aftermath of WW1, an economic crisis and a lack of infrastructure to politically educate the masses, followed by bullying street gangs beating down opposition. But as it turns out germans are born fascist and will turn full on nazi for no reason at all. Time to donate to the royal airforce, someone has to take care of this bullshit

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

Aix posted:

Until now I always thought the third reich came to be because of the special circumstances surrounding the aftermath of WW1, an economic crisis and a lack of infrastructure to politically educate the masses, followed by bullying street gangs beating down opposition. But as it turns out germans are born fascist and will turn full on nazi for no reason at all. Time to donate to the royal airforce, someone has to take care of this bullshit

:yosbutt: it feels like no reason at all... no reason at all... :yosbutt:

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Aix posted:

Don't worry, the AfD may be genuine Nazis, but at least they're politically still on the left of the US-Republicans. But if you want to send the RAF to bomb Trump, be my guest

Also wow, the Greens get 30+% on Landesebene, hopefully they can kick out the SPD-clowns from Lower Saxony next time, too.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011

Libluini posted:

Don't worry, the AfD may be genuine Nazis, but at least they're politically still on the left of the US-Republicans. But if you want to send the RAF to bomb Trump, be my guest

Also wow, the Greens get 30+% on Landesebene, hopefully they can kick out the SPD-clowns from Lower Saxony next time, too.

Well, Kretschmann defended Horst Seehofer and Boris Palmer who wanted Germany to close the border, if necessary with force.

Cingulate
Oct 23, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Libluini posted:

This must be seen in context. The AfD is as far right as they think they can go. They're the Trump (in rhetoric) and the Cruz (in actual idiotic policy) of the republicans, not the McCain or Romney.

Libluini posted:

Also wow, the Greens get 30+% on Landesebene
There goes the climate and any hopes for a sensible energy policy.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

So it seems like the biggest question will be whether Black-Red-Green will pan out in SA. If it doesn't I guess there's only one option left:

Black-Red-Red :getin:

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011

Perestroika posted:

So it seems like the biggest question will be whether Black-Red-Green will pan out in SA. If it doesn't I guess there's only one option left:

Black-Red-Red :getin:

There is always

ArchangeI
Jul 15, 2010

Cingulate posted:

There goes the climate and any hopes for a sensible energy policy.

Yeah imagine if the Land gets a green PM

The economy would crash so hard it would create an actual earthquake

LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead

Perestroika posted:

So it seems like the biggest question will be whether Black-Red-Green will pan out in SA.
How would that work - the CDU, SPD, and Greens desperately trying not to piss each other off too much and praying that Die Linke abstains on important votes to shut out AfD?

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011

LemonDrizzle posted:

How would that work - the CDU, SPD, and Greens desperately trying not to piss each other off too much and praying that Die Linke abstains on important votes to shut out AfD?

CDU/SPD/Greens have 2 seat majority
CDU/SPD/FDP have 2 seat majority

Basically it would work like a grand coalition just that the SPD part is not called SPD/Greens or SPD/FDP.

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Also ich finde das Ergebnis nicht überraschend. Am besten wäre, wenn man die neuen Bundesländer vor den Flüchtlingen schützt. So könnte man um diese zum Beispiel einen separaten Grenzzaun ziehen. Wobei, wenn sich die Szenen an den Grenzzäunen im Balkan anschaut, wäre es vielleicht besser eine richtige Mauer zu errichten.

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx

Sereri posted:

Also ich finde das Ergebnis nicht überraschend. Am besten wäre, wenn man die neuen Bundesländer vor den Flüchtlingen schützt. So könnte man um diese zum Beispiel einen separaten Grenzzaun ziehen. Wobei, wenn sich die Szenen an den Grenzzäunen im Balkan anschaut, wäre es vielleicht besser eine richtige Mauer zu errichten.

Das ist im Programm der Partei. Man hätte sie wählen sollen, denn die Partei ist sehr gut.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

You shouldn't send refugees there anyways. Nobody would want to live there.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Why do the Greens do so well in Baden-Württemberg?

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
What kind of weird voter migration happened in Rheinland-Pfalz? Greens lost 10%, did these people go to SPD/CDU, who in turn lost voters to AfD? Are there any big reasons to switch away from green in that state?

Edit:

icantfindaname posted:

Why do the Greens do so well in Baden-Württemberg?

Greens are the "feelgood conservatives" and conservatism is pretty big in BW I guess

elbkaida fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Mar 13, 2016

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

Do we already have any numbers concerning participation? I can imagine that the moderate parties lost votes by people just not going to vote at all, while the disgruntled that didn't vote previously now came back to vote for AfD.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

elbkaida posted:

Greens are the "feelgood conservatives" and conservatism is pretty big in BW I guess

How are the Greens conservatives? Is this just some contrarian "all politicians are the same maaaaan"? They're NIMBY-ist anti-nuclear people, right?

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
They are progressive socially (hence the feelgood) but otherwise pretty similar to SPD/CDU in stance on EU and other big topics. The NIMBY stuff is mostly local activist groups that might be associated with the greens or not. That leaves the anti-nuclear thing and I honestly do not know how it featured in the BW elections...

Also NIMBY seems very conservative in spirit?

AstroWhale
Mar 28, 2009

Infected posted:

Do we already have any numbers concerning participation? I can imagine that the moderate parties lost votes by people just not going to vote at all, while the disgruntled that didn't vote previously now came back to vote for AfD.

Participation is higher than before.

http://www.spiegel.de/politik/deutschland/wahlergebnisse-2016-in-der-analyse-afd-mobilisiert-nichtwaehler-a-1081852.html

People always said more voters -> no right wing parties. Guess they were wrong.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
The real winner of the election: The Germany coalition - would have a clear majority in all 3 states. (lastest numbers from 22:03 show the FDP having 5.3% in S-A)

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

icantfindaname posted:

How are the Greens conservatives? Is this just some contrarian "all politicians are the same maaaaan"? They're NIMBY-ist anti-nuclear people, right?

Yeah they're noit conservative by any meaning of the word.

bronin
Oct 15, 2009

use it or throw it away

botany posted:

They are neo liberal cunts. Also Afghanistan. gently caress them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011

botany posted:

The Greens in Ba-Wü? If you disregard their school and LGBT policy they stand for nearly the same policies the CDU stands for and a lot of people don't care that much about LGBT issues in Germany.