Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

symbolic posted:

i have no idea where you got the notion i have red hair from

also i probably should have stated this originally when the topic came up, but the reason i'm terrified of driving is because i almost died behind the wheel in 2014. tried making a left turn at a notoriously difficult intersection near my house at night, didn't see the other car coming, bam. it was my fault, i accept that completely. it was a combination of me being stupid enough to drive without my glasses and inexperience of only having driven for a few months. however, it's left me pretty shaken up, even though i somehow escaped serious injury. i've progressed to the point where i'm fine being in a car again, but i'm still pretty nervous about driving. i've already decided that when i'm home on break in the summer, i'll try to conquer that fear, but it won't be easy.

so yeah, i do have a fear of driving, but it's not entirely unjustified

Jesus you're like the alpha millennial.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

ranbo das posted:

Jesus you're like the alpha millennial.
honestly, i'm not even going to argue that it's millennial in spirit, because i suppose it is. i'm aiming to correct that anyways.

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb

symbolic posted:

honestly, i'm not even going to argue that it's millennial in spirit, because i suppose it is. i'm aiming to correct that anyways.
i crashed my car going 70 mph because I was sleep deprived. that has not instilled a fear of driving in me whatsoever.

sack up please

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Did you even get seriously injured or something at least?

edit: oh sorry it says you didn't get injured

yeah cmon man lol

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

symbolic posted:

also i probably should have stated this originally when the topic came up, but the reason i'm terrified of driving is because i almost died behind the wheel in 2014. tried making a left turn at a notoriously difficult intersection near my house at night, didn't see the other car coming, bam. it was my fault, i accept that completely. it was a combination of me being stupid enough to drive without my glasses and inexperience of only having driven for a few months. however, it's left me pretty shaken up, even though i somehow escaped serious injury. i've progressed to the point where i'm fine being in a car again, but i'm still pretty nervous about driving. i've already decided that when i'm home on break in the summer, i'll try to conquer that fear, but it won't be easy.

This is the softest poo poo I have ever read.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

symbolic posted:

Wow a left turn. Terrifying. I've already told you my Lions Gate bridge crash story, but here's another - in the early 90s my Nevadan grandma was driving back from Whistler in a monsoon and didn't know how to operate her defogger. She crossed into oncoming traffic, went around the left side of an oncoming logging truck, then overcorrected and fell off the cliff with me in the passenger seat. Here:

I was the only one of three who could get out of the car, and had to get back on the road and flag down someone to help us. I still drive to Whistler as often as I can. poo poo happens.

Nitevision
Oct 5, 2004

Your Friendly FYAD Helper
Ask Me For FYAD Help
Another Reason To Talk To Me Is To Hangout

symbolic posted:

Heres hoping that this page of this thread vanquishes this White Noise Elemental from posting for good lol

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus
Guys I was walking down the street and tripped on a crack. Now I'm afraid of cement. Please send help.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
Lol symbolic sucks at driving. Shouldve sunk a few more hours on your learner's permit before stepping up to the big leagues

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT SPHERICAL CATS
=3

I'm 21 and consider myself millenial. What is the millennial cut off point?

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
Born after roughly the year 2000 starts the generation after millennials

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

thathonkey posted:

born on 9/11 or later

tomatoes and shit
Sep 17, 2015

Nitevision posted:

Heres hoping that this page of this thread vanquishes this White Noise Elemental from posting for good lol

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

My drivers test had me being cut off by an 18 wheeler and almost being smeared into the wall. Still passed and got props for my creative language towards the truck driver

Acres of Quakers
May 6, 2006
Guys I just stubbed a toe on my coffee table while walking across my livingroom. Now I'm terrified to leave the kitchen! What should I do?

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Dirty Sanchez posted:

Guys I just stubbed a toe on my coffee table while walking across my livingroom. Now I'm terrified to leave the kitchen! What should I do?

Slowing work up to leaving the room over several years. God-willing, you'll get into another room, one day.

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer

symbolic posted:

You show real wisdom and maturity beyond your years. The soul of a millenial in the frail pathetic body of a gen z. :cheers:

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

EDIT: gently caress meant to post this in the Hellthredd.

Kaiju Cage Match fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Mar 13, 2016

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
white noise elemental was a pretty funny burn, mate

props

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

thathonkey posted:

kalstrams posted:

born on 9/11 or later
most of what i've read has put the starting point of Gen Z at around '95 or '96

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

symbolic posted:

most of what i've read has put the starting point of Gen Z at around '95 or '96

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

symbolic posted:

Hahahahaha.

I saved up every last penny I could to buy my first car. I was driving with my GF at 4 am when I hit some black ice, skidded a long ways, rolled 3 times down and embankment, every window blew out. The car came to a rest on its side, I had to crawl out the top, lift my GF out and help her down into the freezing night and did everything we could to flag someone down as our phones were dead/missing.

I was driving (someone else's car) the next day.

You are seriously soft.

Jim Barris
Aug 13, 2009
I love that so many people took time out of their day to call symbolic a pussy for being nervous in cars after getting t-boned.

Acres of Quakers
May 6, 2006

Jim Barris posted:

I love that so many people took time out of their day to call symbolic a pussy for being nervous in cars after getting t-boned.

"Nervous" is driving a little extra carefully with the radio off. Maybe avoiding highways if possible. Not giving up driving all together.

Jim Barris
Aug 13, 2009
As a matter of fact I was in a car accident, the car flipped over six or seven times while tumbling down a cliff, and not only did I have to pull my girlfriend from the wreckage we had sex right there next to the fiery remains of the Jaguar that I killed with the car as it tumbled down the aforementioned cliff.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Inzombiac posted:

Hahahahaha.

I saved up every last penny I could to buy my first car. I was driving with my GF at 4 am when I hit some black ice, skidded a long ways, rolled 3 times down and embankment, every window blew out. The car came to a rest on its side, I had to crawl out the top, lift my GF out and help her down into the freezing night and did everything we could to flag someone down as our phones were dead/missing.

I was driving (someone else's car) the next day.

You are seriously soft.
i once burned top of my mouth, but then i took another bite of pizza bare moments later, you meek

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Jim Barris posted:

i completely expected the backlash considering that this thread is a stomping ground of hatred towards anything perceived as "millennial" in nature. in fact, if goons didn't ridicule or lambaste me as a result of that post, i'd be shocked.

Jim Barris
Aug 13, 2009

kalstrams posted:

i once burned top of my mouth, but then i took another bite of pizza bare moments later, you meek
I don't think that's really a matter of meek or not meek. You should not burn mouth with hot food, instead, let hot food become cooler before ingestion.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Jim Barris posted:

You should not burn mouth with hot food, instead, let hot food become cooler before ingestion.
yeah but that's a millennial way of doing it. what are you, soft?

KiddieGrinder
Nov 15, 2005

HELP ME

Jim Barris posted:

As a matter of fact I was in a car accident, the car flipped over six or seven times while tumbling down a cliff, and not only did I have to pull my girlfriend from the wreckage we had sex right there next to the fiery remains of the Jaguar that I killed with the car as it tumbled down the aforementioned cliff.

lol I know the feeling, I once drove in to a bunch of pedestrians on the sidewalk after leaving a bar drunk as gently caress lol

You have to learn to man up, get back out there and just drive. :smug:

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

symbolic posted:

i completely expected the backlash considering that this thread is a stomping ground of hatred towards anything perceived as "millennial" in nature. in fact, if goons didn't ridicule or lambaste me as a result of that post, i'd be shocked.

It's too bad you have this crippling addiction requiring you to post in every thread on the forums 20 times a day or you could just avoid everyone pointing out your many faults.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

ChesterJT posted:

It's too bad you have this crippling addiction requiring you to post in every thread on the forums 20 times a day or you could just avoid everyone pointing out your many faults.
how dare i do something i enjoy

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

symbolic posted:

how dare i do something i enjoy

Consider going outside

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

jm20 posted:

Consider going outside
okay

will report back when i return

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Your friendly neighbourhood Postie.

Grimey Drawer
I lived in a really lovely town, there were shootings and stabbings every day, gang warfare, serial killers, and this underpass that would quite often have dumped bodies just rotting away down there. The weather was always bleak as gently caress too. The only thing keeping me going was this amazing girl I had met. Problem was, she was part of this gang that didn't like their girls seeing people not in the gang so I had to get out for my own safety. I had one last amazing night with her, then I had to GTFO of town before I got murdered.

I had this amazing motorbike I had worked hard to own, and had scrimped and saved and pretty much built it part by part. I was driving as fast as I could before daylight when the gang would start looking for me, through the underpass one last time and onto the open road. My heart was racing, a mix of adrenaline and fear and longing for the girl I knew would be crying for me back in the town. I got so distracted thinking about her beautiful face that I didn't see the turning, I flew off into a gorge and off the bike, which landed on top of me, on fire. It was a heavy bike, and the injuries I sustained meant I couldn't move it myself. This was in the days before mobile phones, so I just had to lie there, hoping that someone might see the tire marks on the corner and think to check. Hours passed. I could see the sun starting to rise over the hill, I lay there dying, wondering when and if someone would come to my rescue.

I was in an unbelievable amount of pain and started hallucinating, thinking of my mother and my girl, crying at my graveside while the church bell tolled. Demons swarmed overhead and laughed, the sky was on fire like my limbs and body.

As I died I thought "This definitely won't put me off driving again"

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

symbolic posted:

Now you're just doing it for attention.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

there was a steady drizzle outside that made the air seem fresh and crisp. took a pleasant little walk around the campus, bought a jug of iced tea since i'm fresh out, and came back. very nice.

Inzombiac posted:

Now you're just doing it for attention.

if you earnestly believe that i posted my experience just so i would garner attention and possibly somehow even pity, then be my guest. i only posted that because BDBF brought up my fear of driving and i figured it was an apt time to explain where that stems from.

i'm just completely baffled, though. i said that i expected the backlash that would come with my post. i didn't want any pity, for what happened was my fault and i accept my mistake completely. i realized the cowardice of my nervousness and have pledged to get over it as soon as i am able to. yet i'm still being argued with for reasons indiscernible.

please, enlighten me on what i'm arguing against, because i seem to be on the same side as you all

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

I'm a millennial and I drive my car all by myself daily, often multiple times

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

symbolic posted:

there was a steady drizzle outside that made the air seem fresh and crisp. took a pleasant little walk around the campus, bought a jug of iced tea since i'm fresh out, and came back. very nice.

if you earnestly believe that i posted my experience just so i would garner attention and possibly somehow even pity, then be my guest. i only posted that because BDBF brought up my fear of driving and i figured it was an apt time to explain where that stems from.

i'm just completely baffled, though. i said that i expected the backlash that would come with my post. i didn't want any pity, for what happened was my fault and i accept my mistake completely. i realized the cowardice of my nervousness and have pledged to get over it as soon as i am able to. yet i'm still being argued with for reasons indiscernible.

please, enlighten me on what i'm arguing against, because i seem to be on the same side as you all

people smelled weak prey and ganged up on u

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

symbolic posted:

okay

will report back when i return

Don't forget your helmet.

• Locked thread