Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wilekat
Sep 24, 2007

Is there a decent writeup on the easy daily repeatables for CP? I might have to break out a spreadsheet and oh god

Edit:

glug posted:

How much did it cost you to do it though?

A pittance, considering the distances involved (about 1000 silver for the two seperate transport orders required?), but no part of that endeavour is profitable in any way, shape or form when I can sell the birch plywood alone for 100k right now.

Wilekat fucked around with this message at 13:26 on Mar 13, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luxily
Aug 11, 2012

BTW I am selling AFK fishing permits to pubbies for 200 large potions.

Agonist
Jul 16, 2009

Wilekat posted:

Is there a decent writeup on the easy daily repeatables for CP? I might have to break out a spreadsheet and oh god

Here are some repeating ones:
http://www.blackdeserttome.com/guides/viewtext?id=1

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug

Zarcnest posted:

BTW I am selling AFK fishing permits to pubbies for 200 large potions.

I'm gonna try again this morning if enough people are interested. I think this is primetime afk murder zone.

ohsosad
Feb 11, 2012

Why is every game i play unbalanced in the other guys favour?
Did you guys end up doing any pvp on boats?

I had a LOTD ( lords of the dick) swim past my boat before and i attempted to fight him before instantly falling off my boat because all ranger attacks move you and decided that fighting on fishing boats is loving stupid.

But I'm probably bad.

Vier
Aug 5, 2007

Question regarding the purchase price, I noticed the cost from the UK is 49.99€ however if I use a proxy to appear in the USA it is only $49.99 when converting to £ this is a saving of around £5 has anyone brought the game outside their region? is there any type of region lockout?

ohsosad
Feb 11, 2012

Why is every game i play unbalanced in the other guys favour?

Vier posted:

Question regarding the purchase price, I noticed the cost from the UK is 49.99€ however if I use a proxy to appear in the USA it is only $49.99 when converting to £ this is a saving of around £5 has anyone brought the game outside their region? is there any type of region lockout?

No region lockout for US/EU.

We have lots of EU players playing with us on the NA server.

Though the base game should only be $30 unless you want a super package.

Wilekat
Sep 24, 2007

Thanks for this. Will try and confirm how many of these are in our version.

I started doing a thing - Repeatables spreadsheet. Lot of work to do, but it's useful to me so maybe goons will find it helpful too.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

ohsosad posted:

I had a LOTD ( lords of the dick) swim past my boat before and i attempted to fight him before instantly falling off my boat because all ranger attacks move you and decided that fighting on fishing boats is loving stupid.

But I'm probably bad.

And on that note, what happens if you die on your boat? You can't take a 2nd boat of yours out to get the first one, because then you have two boats. I guess you gotta get a lift from a friend to go get it?

Also seriously does anyone know this? I need to know before I set up a remote location making packs:

quote:

Trading goons:
Does the origin of the trade pack matter for diminishing returns? Say, if the Calph trade manager has been reduced down to 80% for sunflower crates because of so many coming in from Heidel, does that reduce only the ones made in Heidel, or all of the ones coming in no matter where they were made?

Luxily
Aug 11, 2012

ohsosad posted:

But I'm probably bad.

We killed the Viking npcs. Just sunk their boat. No loot though...

I wish I could join in on the afk murder zone but work. :suicide:

Markkei
Aug 11, 2010

The Noble Wagon is super fancy.

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug

Eltoasto posted:

And on that note, what happens if you die on your boat? You can't take a 2nd boat of yours out to get the first one, because then you have two boats. I guess you gotta get a lift from a friend to go get it?

Also seriously does anyone know this? I need to know before I set up a remote location making packs:

I have died on my boat. If your boat's HP isn't wiped (in other words, your boat survived you), you can recover the boat at any wharf using remote recovery. I was pretty far out of Epheria, Velia, and Illiya when I tried this, and it worked. Costs 1k silver. I don't know if there's a distance limitation; if there is, it seems generous.

On that note, has anyone uncovered Tashu and Pilava islands? I can't find them, and the semi-translated map is not helpful here. I also can't find the Heidel fruit display knowledge. I've looked at so many fruits. :downs:

Zarcnest posted:

I wish I could join in on the afk murder zone but work. :suicide:

Nobody seems to be on but me. :negative: I saw so many AFK fishers this morning too. We'll have to figure out a way to coordinate some rank piracy for peak AFK hours.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Eltoasto posted:

Trading goons:
Does the origin of the trade pack matter for diminishing returns? Say, if the Calph trade manager has been reduced down to 80% for sunflower crates because of so many coming in from Heidel, does that reduce only the ones made in Heidel, or all of the ones coming in no matter where they were made?

Sorry I don't know how I missed this. It affects the value of goods coming in from all sources, not just one. This can be offset, obviously, by doing the bargain minigame and distance bonuses.

Kimsemus fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Mar 13, 2016

Luxily
Aug 11, 2012

RedTonic posted:

Nobody seems to be on but me. :negative: I saw so many AFK fishers this morning too. We'll have to figure out a way to coordinate some rank piracy for peak AFK hours.

Probably like Webnesday morning I'll be ready for this. For now it's just prime time hunting for me. Anyone fishing alone in their boat is basically defenseless unless they are a mage.

DoctorCubicle
Nov 18, 2012
Five hours later I finally find a name for my Sorceress, I don't get the point of having a Family name or "totally not an account name we swear you guys" then having a super unique character name, but whatever I'm in this. Is there a minimum level to get in the goon guild for goobers on Orwen?

Korhal
Aug 9, 2007
Chaos and evolution, baby.
Goontang question. A group of friends and I are playing on Orwen Balenos 2 in the guild Tempest. We got a war dec from Goontang the other day and trying to figure out why we only have one person high enough to PVP so we're just trying to figure out what caused the declaration. Dying in PVP isn't a big deal but I'd like to be able to group with other goons again.

Korhal fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Mar 18, 2016

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Korhal posted:

Goontang question. A group of friends and I are playing on Orwen Balenos 2 in the guild Tempest. We got a war dec from Goontang the other day and trying to figure out why, we're 80% goons and only have one person high enough to PVP so we're just trying to figure out what caused the declaration. Dying in PVP isn't a big deal but I'd like to be able to group with other goons again.

You can group with war Dec people I think. Parks and rec is war decced with goontang and I grouped with one of them

Also if it's like us it's a joke war dec

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Korhal posted:

Goontang question. A group of friends and I are playing on Orwen Balenos 2 in the guild Tempest. We got a war dec from Goontang the other day and trying to figure out why, we're 80% goons and only have one person high enough to PVP so we're just trying to figure out what caused the declaration. Dying in PVP isn't a big deal but I'd like to be able to group with other goons again.

Goontang declared on parks once. I dont think it means much other than having a laugh maybe

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

You were in Kimsemus' grind spot, war was declared. He's the guild diplomat take up grievances with him.

*deep breath* Parks deced on us we deced on them kimsemus dropped it to declare on Tempest and MostlyHarmless then lewtt redeced on parks after undecing bakawatch.

Understand?

Fat and Useless fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Mar 13, 2016

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
yes

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Fat and Useless posted:

You were in Kimsemus' grind spot, war was declared. He's the guild diplomat take up grievances with him.

*deep breath* Parks deced on us we deced on them kimsemus dropped it to declare on Tempest and Malicious then lewtt redeced on parks after undecing bakawatch.

Understand?
Actually, *unfold the scroll* we deced on Parks first, and it took Grithok 2 days to come up with diplomatic response.

Gerblederp
Dec 4, 2009

kalstrams posted:

Actually, *unfold the scroll* we deced on Parks first, and it took Grithok 2 days to come up with diplomatic response.

well we were going to respond to the war dec with a drawn picture of lewtts dick but we couldnt find a small enough piece of paper

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Korhal posted:

You were in my grindspot taking my witch spawns, so decided to have a laugh of it.

Dropped wardec with Parks and Rec do dec you guys, had no idea it was a bunch of goons. Tried to tell Grithok this, but I guess someone in his channel didn't like me because they kicked me out as soon as I said hello :toot:

The wardecs are meaningless and fun friend. You can group with us, I just was going to murder people in my grind spot. Didn't even know you were goons :wooper:

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

kalstrams posted:

well gently caress

Luxily
Aug 11, 2012

*unlocks Holy War scriptures* Actually it says here, we got bored one night and Kim just Dec the closes guild next to him.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Gerblederp posted:

well we were going to respond to the war dec with a drawn picture of lewtts dick but we couldnt find a small enough piece of paper
Couldn't you take your business card?

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Zarcnest posted:

*unlocks Holy War scriptures* Actually it says here, we got bored one night and Kim just Dec the closes guild next to him.

So sayeth the keeper of the scrolls.

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

You take the blue paarp - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red paarp - you stay in pre-alpha, and I show you how deep the sperg wallet goes.

hey can i bot in this game?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Sure why not

Chewbot
Dec 2, 2005

My Revenge Meat!
Anyone know how energy regen works for multiple alts? If I have one doing an afk activity like fishing it seems like nobody else recovers energy no matter how long the wait. If I exit the game completely it seems like they all regen energy but at a very slow pace. Maybe it cycles between them every 3 mins instead of all of them every 3 mins? Any insight is appreciated.

Also, completely unrelated but is there any reason to do any tradeskill besides fishing? Seems like (according to the internet) you can make vast fortunes and just buy whatever you can't make.

Chewbot fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Mar 13, 2016

Bede
Jun 2, 2006

I wasn't even around for the goblin baby vote

Chewbot posted:

Anyone know how energy regen works for multiple alts? If I have one doing an afk activity like fishing it seems like nobody else recovers energy no matter how long the wait. If I exit the game completely it seems like they all regen energy but at a very slow pace. Maybe it cycles between them every 3 mins instead of all of them every 3 mins? Any insight is appreciated.

Also, completely unrelated but is there any reason to do any tradeskill besides fishing? Seems like you can make vast fortunes and just buy whatever you can't make.

Fishing is the best but you can't quite ignore everything else.

Resources like sturdy plywood can only be made by high level gather and processing and it isn't profitable at current prices to list them on the market. You might be able to convince someone to list them but you'll have to watch the market for 30mins and hope no one snipes them away.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Chewbot posted:

2 points per hour on each offline character.

Chewbot posted:

Also, completely unrelated but is there any reason to do any tradeskill besides fishing? Seems like (according to the internet) you can make vast fortunes and just buy whatever you can't make.
Yes, cooking and alchemy are the ones you want to get if you want to be able to buy whatever more than once per every three months or so, ones the first expansion rolls around.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
Has anyone figured out what's with all those soldiers?

They're all taking poo poo about me.

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

You take the blue paarp - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red paarp - you stay in pre-alpha, and I show you how deep the sperg wallet goes.

Eonwe posted:

Sure why not

thanks

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

i already figured out how to automate walking around and fishing but does anyone have tips on how to automate the fighting part?

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

Kimsemus posted:

You were in my grindspot taking my witch spawns, so decided to have a laugh of it.

Dropped wardec with Parks and Rec do dec you guys, had no idea it was a bunch of goons. Tried to tell Grithok this, but I guess someone in his channel didn't like me because they kicked me out as soon as I said hello :toot:

The wardecs are meaningless and fun friend. You can group with us, I just was going to murder people in my grind spot. Didn't even know you were goons :wooper:

You got moved from the parks and rec channel called "gently caress off" after being told to gently caress off. Where did you end up? The parks and rec channel not called gently caress off.

Apparently you didn't want to talk to the officers there.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Third World Reggin posted:

You got moved from the parks and rec channel called "gently caress off" after being told to gently caress off. Where did you end up? The parks and rec channel not called gently caress off.

Apparently you didn't want to talk to the officers there.

I got moved to an empty channel my dude.

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

catte centipede

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
Picked up the game yesterday and now I'm level 16. Its pretty fun but drat if the game isn't granular. Tons of horses everywhere and people lining the beaches. Are the human theives suppose to be unkillable or are they just really high level?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Revolver Bunker posted:

Picked up the game yesterday and now I'm level 16. Its pretty fun but drat if the game isn't granular. Tons of horses everywhere and people lining the beaches. Are the human theives suppose to be unkillable or are they just really high level?
They are level 60 I believe, if you talk about bandits that will attack pedestrian traders.