Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

my blades of mercy run is not going well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
maybe it's karma for killing a hunter of hunters, bra

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I will never kill her

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
i usually kill her unkless i wanna fight the cainhurst hunter. cos her oath rune doesnt seem like it actually does anything

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
my current goal of grinding up massive +damage gems so that i can wallop OoK is going pretty well. about to head into the defiled chalice, and once i get root ihyll i can start making depth five F/R/C chalices and getting high powered radials. i'm at level 100 right now, but i'm considering going up to 110 to bump my vit a little to make defiled bosses less of a pain.

beepstreet
Feb 7, 2005

beep by grandpa posted:

my blades of mercy run is not going well.

They don't start to shine until +6 or so, then they become killing machines

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

sector_corrector posted:

my current goal of grinding up massive +damage gems so that i can wallop OoK is going pretty well. about to head into the defiled chalice, and once i get root ihyll i can start making depth five F/R/C chalices and getting high powered radials. i'm at level 100 right now, but i'm considering going up to 110 to bump my vit a little to make defiled bosses less of a pain.

If you do all that you will probably shred ook. Is this your tinge guy too?

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

beepstreet posted:

They don't start to shine until +6 or so, then they become killing machines

thank you, I shall press on and report back. They just to +5 and I don't have gems for them yet. I am liking the dodge attack a lot too. These have such a different rhythm than everything else I've played with grrr

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

In Training posted:

If you do all that you will probably shred ook. Is this your tinge guy too?

yeah, chikage/bowblade/rakuyo, with evelyn in the offhand

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

sector_corrector posted:

yeah, chikage/bowblade/rakuyo, with evelyn in the offhand

drat.....if u were planning ahead u could get lost versions of those weapons with gem slots that fit 35% bloodtinge gems. pwned noob

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

scary ghost dog posted:

drat.....if u were planning ahead u could get lost versions of those weapons with gem slots that fit 35% bloodtinge gems. pwned noob

i'm owned

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

apropos to nothing posted:

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A BLURAY INTO THE SLOT. ITS BLOODBORNE AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE WITH THE GOOD HUNTER. I DO EVERY MOVE AND I DO EVERY MOVE HARD. MAKIN WHOOSHING SOUNDS WHEN I SLAM DOWN SOME WEREWOLF OR EVEN WHEN I MESS UP TECHNIQUE. NOT MANY CAN SAY THEY ESCAPED THE HUNTERS NIGHTMARE. I CAN. I SAY IT AND I SAY IT OUTLOUD EVERYDAY TO PEOPLE IN MY COLLEGE CLASS AND ALL THEY DO IS PROVE PEOPLE IN COLLEGE CLASS CAN STILL BE IMMATURE JEKRS. AND IVE LEARNED ALL THE LINES AND IVE LEARNED HOW TO MAKE MYSELF INTO AN INFANT GREAT ONE. 2 HOURS INCLUDING WIND DOWN EVERY MORNIng

I've been putting time into fighting games lately, but I'm going to make this week a Bloodborne week.

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
salt and sanctuary is coming out next week. I wonder how a 2D "souls like" is gonna be. it looks kinda bland from gameplay footage I've seen but everybody seems to be hyping it so who knows

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
muh soulsmans

Dec 26, 2012

i'll try it anyhow

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

salt and sanctuary is coming out next week. I wonder how a 2D "souls like" is gonna be. it looks kinda bland from gameplay footage I've seen but everybody seems to be hyping it so who knows

Its made by the same guy who did those Dishwasher Samurai games. They were alright for an Xbox live game made by a one-man team.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
indie games trying to do 'souls game but 2d' and stuff like that are pure AIDS imo. ive seen a bunch of them and none of them are inspired and they copy too much from souls games to be interesting at all. they are fairly boring to me

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
also the name of the game is salt and sanctuary and it pisses me off that i even have to type that

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Salty Sanctuary

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
ya those games are just castlevania games with stamina bars

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

its not very pretty. but maybe its a good platformer to play. i probably wont get it unless its really good

beepstreet
Feb 7, 2005

rediscover posted:

also the name of the game is salt and sanctuary and it pisses me off that i even have to type that

I feel you on that one. Douche chills.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A BLURAY INTO THE SLOT. ITS BLOODBORNE AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE WITH THE GOOD HUNTER. I DO EVERY MOVE AND I DO EVERY MOVE HARD. MAKIN WHOOSHING SOUNDS WHEN I SLAM DOWN SOME WEREWOLF OR EVEN WHEN I MESS UP TECHNIQUE. NOT MANY CAN SAY THEY ESCAPED THE HUNTERS NIGHTMARE. I CAN. I SAY IT AND I SAY IT OUTLOUD EVERYDAY TO PEOPLE IN MY COLLEGE CLASS AND ALL THEY DO IS PROVE PEOPLE IN COLLEGE CLASS CAN STILL BE IMMATURE JEKRS. AND IVE LEARNED ALL THE LINES AND IVE LEARNED HOW TO MAKE MYSELF INTO AN INFANT GREAT ONE. 2 HOURS INCLUDING WIND DOWN EVERY MORNIng

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i'll get salt and sanctuary regardless, but i've got some reservations. i played the overhead 2D mobile game that was released a few years ago and it was poo poo tho

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

a m obile game thats poo poo you say

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
it was called wayward souls. it promised a lot, and people in the DS1 thread said it was good, but the level generation sucked rear end (it was randomized and ugly) and the controls were heinous, so it was only like dark souls in the most superficial ways

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
i played wayward souls on a whim and didnt expect it to be like dark soulsand it was a pretty good mobile roguelike

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

sector_corrector posted:

it was called wayward souls. it promised a lot, and people in the DS1 thread said it was good, but the level generation sucked rear end (it was randomized and ugly) and the controls were heinous, so it was only like dark souls in the most superficial ways

A Games poster made that game

Dec 26, 2012

sector_corrector posted:

that doesn't sound like dark souls at all honestly except the name

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

blade of mercy is really fun to use, but it's not quite effective on bosses due to the small per-hit damage. that's why I've got my buddy mr. tonitrus as my secondary

also I wish the walk to logarius wasn't so long. he's so hard, I'm afraid I'll never get to try out the chikage or the wheel :cry:

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

SciFiDownBeat posted:

blade of mercy is really fun to use, but it's not quite effective on bosses due to the small per-hit damage. that's why I've got my buddy mr. tonitrus as my secondary

also I wish the walk to logarius wasn't so long. he's so hard, I'm afraid I'll never get to try out the chikage or the wheel :cry:

1) it has a 1.25x damage modifier on dodge attacks
2) there are two shortcuts that you can combine to make the run easier

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

I think I like the Saif a lot more than the blade of mercy. starting to feel bad for murdering eileen

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
my favorite skill weapon is the church pick.....rly strong with cool moves and a good look

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

SciFiDownBeat posted:

you may be missing a shortcut. Logarius run can be about 30 seconds

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

man, divebombing into the dlc with low level characters to get weapons and outfits is really gratifying

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

scary ghost dog posted:

1) it has a 1.25x damage modifier on dodge attacks
2) there are two shortcuts that you can combine to make the run easier

In Training posted:

you may be missing a shortcut. Logarius run can be about 30 seconds

starting at the lamp, I take the elevator, run down the hallway to the ladder previously hidden by a bookcase, climb up, go up the spiral stairs to roof, run along the rooftops until I get to the fight. did I miss anything?

It seems like a long run to me, maybe I'm just spoiled because I've been doing a lot of chalice runs

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

SciFiDownBeat posted:

starting at the lamp, I take the elevator, run down the hallway to the ladder previously hidden by a bookcase, climb up, go up the spiral stairs to roof, run along the rooftops until I get to the fight. did I miss anything?

It seems like a long run to me, maybe I'm just spoiled because I've been doing a lot of chalice runs

That's probably like 30-40 seconds if you time it. It feels longer because you're probably doing it a lot, I know I did. Martyr ruthless destroyed my first character but I haven't had too much trouble with him in later runs

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
it took me 3 characters to beat Martyr FAILgarious

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
I skipped cainhurst on my second cycle in ng+ and old soggy got decimated by repeated tentacle backstabs in ng++