Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Brunas posted:

Official, factual, and non-negotiable tier list of ships from factions that matter in Star Wars:

S TIER
TIE Advanced
B-Wing
Lambda Shuttle

The gently caress is this bullshit. Unless the S stands for Second (and then you would be correct).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

guts and bolts
May 16, 2015

Have you heard the Good News?

Brunas posted:

Official, factual, and non-negotiable tier list of ships from factions that matter in Star Wars:

S TIER
TIE Advanced
B-Wing
Lambda Shuttle

A TIER
X-Wing
TIE Fighter
A-Wing
TIE Interceptor

B TIER
Other Reasonable TIEs
Other Reasonable *-Wings

poo poo TIER
Special Snowflake Wings
Special Snowflake TIEs

K-WING TIER
K-Wing

how wrong can one man even loving be

EnjoiThePureTrip
Apr 16, 2011

The Phantom is beautiful and the Defender is ugly garbage.

Also, the Pancakes deserve some love.

Smegmalicious
Mar 13, 2002

I wake up in the morning and I piss excellence.

Brunas posted:

S TIER
TIE Advanced
B-Wing
Lambda Shuttle

A TIER
X-Wing
TIE Fighter
A-Wing
TIE Interceptor

B TIER
Other Reasonable TIEs
Other Reasonable *-Wings

poo poo TIER
Special Snowflake Wings
Special Snowflake TIEs

K-WING TIER
K-Wing

Holy poo poo, what is it like to live a life so wrong?

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
I mean, the bottom two tiers aren't wrong.

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

Actual good tier list with all the ships broken down by tier

S TIER
X-Wing
TIE Interceptor
Lambda Shuttle

A TIER
YT-1400
TIE Fighter
A-Wing
Tie Phantom
TIE Advanced
Firespray

B TIER
B Wing
Y Wing
Starviper
Decimator
Z-95
Kihrazx

C TIER
Mist Hunter
Phantom
YT-2400
Tie Bomber
Tie Advanced Proto
Punishing One

poo poo TIER
Tie Defender
HWK
Scyk
Ghost
Hounds Tooth

K-WING TIER
E Wing
K-Wing
Tie Punisher

Smegmalicious
Mar 13, 2002

The Punisher is so ugly it has come full circle and is beautiful again.

Smegmalicious fucked around with this message at 09:42 on Mar 13, 2016

HidaO-Win
Jun 5, 2013

"And I did it, because I was a man who had exhausted reason and thus turned to magicks"
So Triple Jumpmaster for the new meta?

3 x Contracted Scout with Deadeye, Plasma Torpedoes, R4 Argromech,, Extra Muntions and Guidance Chimps is apparently whomping bottom on Vassal.

On the plus side you can call it 333 Jump Street.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

HidaO-Win posted:

So Triple Jumpmaster for the new meta?

3 x Contracted Scout with Deadeye, Plasma Torpedoes, R4 Argromech,, Extra Muntions and Guidance Chimps is apparently whomping bottom on Vassal.

On the plus side you can call it 333 Jump Street.

It's basically everything Strobe talks about with XXX but actually durable.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

Brunas posted:

Yes? For as much as we hear about TLTs knocking out fat han etc, TLTs aren't nearly as good against low agility ships as they are high agility. Against a 0 agility ship, TLTs tokenless do 1.75 damage. Here's the breakdown of agility vs expected damage from TLT.

0 - 1.5
1 - 1.47
2 - 1.19
3 - .93
4 - .71

With focus on each side:
0 - 1.9
1 - 1.66
2 - 1.3
3 - .9
4 - .58

Same comparison for HLC

No focus:
0 - 2
1 - 1.65
2 - 1.33
3 - 1.06
4 - .82

With focus:
0 - 3
1 - 2.8
2 - 1.78
3 - 1.23
4 - .78

That's already more stats than I meant to post, but the short story is TLTs are worth more equivalent red dice per agility the defender has, and are good a stripping multiple tokens to prevent a single damage. TLTs are roughly an HLC against 3 agility but more effective at stripping tokens, but against 0-1 agility they're about the same as a 3 dice.
I'm not talking against an identical ship both things have in arc, by the by. On pure numbers the HLC definitely wins in a vacuum. I'm talking about taking an identical ship, ripping off the HLC and Cannon slot, and replacing it with a TLT and a Turret slot. I.e. keeping the full range 2-3 band all round the ship versus only in primary arc. I'm also talking about 2 shots rather than 1, meaning more token stripping and more chances for the green dice to fail.

I would always prefer to be able to shoot out of arc, given the choice, and the damage is broadly similar. I'd take slightly less absolute damage, more shots, and a point less cost over slightly more damage and a point more cost, only firing in arc, any day. My point is that TLTs should IMO cost at least the same as, preferably more than HLCs. They're a lot more useful. I don't think we'd see 4x HLC lists, even if they were possible. But we do see 4xTLT lists.

Essentially, compared to a thing which costs a point more, the TLT has a LOT better chance to deal damage in practice, due to having 360 degree firing.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Endman posted:

That's a good point, actually.

I'm not sure I agree entirely about the dial, though. For close range dogfighting, the 2-speed K-turn and the 1-speed turn are both excellent moves, even when they're red, because the B-Wing can take either a Fire-Control System or Advanced Sensors to ensure its shots are still modified. 3-speed banks being red is just hilariously bad though.

The B-wing generic is still more efficient but it's a bit harder to fly- I do think it's more rewarding though because of the low speed stuff, though it's worse against things like super dash.

I read Theorist's article and I kind of agree with most of it except the cards. Those cards are crazy. The jousters that use green dice suck. FFG tends to overvalue agility dice on generics who take one action. Poe's two evades with autothrusters are far superior to Wedge's or a Rookie's.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
If TLT cost 8, I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be that big a problem.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Corbeau posted:

If TLT cost 8, I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be that big a problem.

The thing is, the K-wing was designed around the TLT costing as it did. You'd have to price drop at least the generic K-wings to make that work.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades

Panzeh posted:

The thing is, the K-wing was designed around the TLT costing as it did. You'd have to price drop at least the generic K-wings to make that work.

Straight up don't care. Either way. But 4x TLT Y-Wing should not exist as a build.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

zVxTeflon posted:

I think hes taking care of a sick parent for the time being.
:ohdear: He's a bit weird but it's still nice to play against him.

quote:

And you should totally fly Poe because Poe is bae
OK :getin:

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Panzeh posted:

Also straight up don't care. If it cost 8 you could still get 2 Wardens and Miranda with TLTs (and C3PO for good measure on the latter) and that would still be boring AF to play against.

E: oog, the SC next week will be allowing Wave 8, and I will probably be picking up my Wave 8 (1 JM5k, 1 G1A, for now, though I'll grab a TAP if they have any left at the FLGS too). I will not, however, have any time at all to practice.

With this in mind, Dengar/Guri, or some combination of Soontir/Carnor, OL, Vader, and Whisper?

I kind of want to stick with what I know, particularly because I just finished painting OL, so I can actually run a full squad in my custom scheme for the first time if I do Squint/fo/Phantom.

Looking at this:

Carnor Jax (26)
Veteran Instincts (1)
Stealth Device (3)
Autothrusters (2)
Royal Guard TIE (0)

"Omega Leader" (21)
Juke (2)
Comm Relay (3)

"Whisper" (32)
Veteran Instincts (1)
Sensor Jammer (4)
Intelligence Agent (1)
Advanced Cloaking Device (4)

Total: 100

View in Yet Another Squad Builder
To give a bit greater survival against TLTs and to give OL a bit more targetting capacity if his locked target dodges him. But single-action Carnor, even at PS10, probably doesn't survive well.

thespaceinvader fucked around with this message at 13:35 on Mar 13, 2016

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!

Smegmalicious posted:

For all the talk about them I've never squared up against one. Why are they tedious? What makes them worse that regeneration or standard arc dodgers?

Edit: spelling.

Nothing, really. Regen lists are waaay more boring to fight imo, since half the game is them just disengaging to go regen shields. Imp aces tend to at least stay engaged for the majority of the game.

I think people just have a hard time with the palp list because target priority is tough.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

On an entirely separate note... Omega Leader

To go with Soontir and Whisper in a list where I already dropped Whisper for Vader.

>.<

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

The Gate posted:

Nothing, really. Regen lists are waaay more boring to fight imo, since half the game is them just disengaging to go regen shields. Imp aces tend to at least stay engaged for the majority of the game.

I think people just have a hard time with the palp list because target priority is tough.

I honestly think palp aces lists are way more boring and mechanical to play against than regen lists.

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!
I mean, that's cool, and I think what people dislike playing against comes down to what they are playing as much as anything. I love Imp aces lists, but I hate the palp shuttle itself, so I've been going triple aces instead. I've also been trying out Mirandash again, and it's pretty solid, but I don't think it can beat palp aces reliably.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
THE HATE CRIME DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
At store tournament. Looking around I see a triple yv666 list, dash corran, vsp, vader whisper scourge, two bs and a t70, and at leaat two defendera

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
There were nine YVs at the tournament yesterday. Twice, we had four of them on the same table.

EDIT:

Strobe fucked around with this message at 15:27 on Mar 13, 2016

pbpancho
Feb 17, 2004
-=International Sales=-
So Doug Kinney just won a store championship with an all Wave 1 TIE swarm. Beautiful.

BOGO LOAD
Jul 1, 2004

"You know I always had trouble really chewing the fat with my pops. Just listen to him..."

Strobe posted:

There were nine YVs at the tournament yesterday. Twice, we had four of them on the same table.

EDIT:

Good lord, it's a whale pod.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

pbpancho posted:

So Doug Kinney just won a store championship with an all Wave 1 TIE swarm. Beautiful.

TIE swarms have always been relevant except for Phantoms pre nerf

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

I wanna paint mine to look like a sperm whale or an orca.

bunnyofdoom posted:

At store tournament. Looking around I see a triple yv666 list, dash corran, vsp, vader whisper scourge, two bs and a t70, and at leaat two defendera

How did triple trucks do?

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Strobe posted:

EDIT:

They're so majestic when they're porposing :3:

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
THE HATE CRIME DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

thespaceinvader posted:

I wanna paint mine to look like a sperm whale or an orca.

How did triple trucks do?

Triple trucks killed by two bs and red ace. They are trash slaves with tactician and feedback

Smegmalicious
Mar 13, 2002

Panzeh posted:

Too loving bad. They made multiple bad design decisions and you can't keep the worst one around because you don't want to face another one.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

I can't believe how salty y'all are about something that's already been pushed out of the meta by palp aces
and brobots

and will soon be pushed out by triple JM and x7 / tractor Defenders

alg fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Mar 13, 2016

Smegmalicious
Mar 13, 2002

Yeah, all these people hate it and think it's a problem. They must all be wrong!

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

alg posted:

I can't believe how salty y'all are about something that's already been pushed out of the meta by palp aces
and brobots

and will soon be pushed out by triple JM and x7 / tractor Defenders

I can't believe you think they've been pushed out of the meta.

Foolster41
Aug 2, 2013

"It's a non-speaking role"
drat. Tripple k tlt here at tournament. And it won the first round.

Also lots of bro bots, two double bot lists and one with one. I lost first round vs. Double bots because mainly I forgot to use ptl and didnt 4 foreward 1st turn. Got hit with the crit causung crit on han and couldn't remove it because he was stressed from a k turn. :(

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

TLT will never be pushed out of the meta. Its too good of a filler ship.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

Strobe posted:

I can't believe you think they've been pushed out of the meta.

If you look at list juggler data, quad TLT is only about 2% of reported lists during Store Championship season. Palp Aces are still more popular, as are Brobots. Even BBBBZ is still incredibly popular.

http://lists.starwarsclubhouse.com/time_series

the graphs here are very interesting. Look at the explosion in scum y-wings around September of last year and how they gradually taper off. Omicron Group Pilot is actually even more popular now than Syndicate Thugs.

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

Juke Joint Jezebels:

Darth Vader (29)
Juke (2)
Proton Rockets (3)
Advanced Targeting Computer (1)
Engine Upgrade (4)
TIE/x1 (0)

The Inquisitor (25)
Juke (2)
XX-23 S-Thread Tracers (1)
Autothrusters (2)
TIE/v1 (1)

"Omega Leader" (21)
Juke (2)
Comm Relay (3)
Stealth Device (3)

Total: 99

High PS and easy access to Evade tokens to force the ships you're shooting to spend tokens. If they can pick the same target you're adding free hits with Juke, and there'll be some easy target locks floating around. Thoughts?

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

I need more Jukes. Juke is such a good card why does it have to cost £10 a copy and come with a junk ship I don't need?

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

My local store has an "Aces tourney" coming up soon. 35 points, only one ship, and each game is a 4 man free-for-all

Pretty sure I'm taking this:

Contracted Scout (35)
JumpMaster 5000 (25), Extra Munitions (2), Plasma Torpedoes (3), K4 Security Droid (3), Unhinged Astromech (1), Crack Shot (1), Guidance Chips (0)

Comedy option would be:

N’Dru Suhlak (25)
Z-95 Headhunter (17), Cluster Missiles (4), Glitterstim (2), Lone Wolf (2), Guidance Chips (0)

Sure it's 10 points under, but it should be able to erase one ship per game.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

thespaceinvader posted:

I need more Jukes. Juke is such a good card why does it have to cost £10 a copy and come with a junk ship I don't need?

Is the FO actually junk? I like it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

So I traded some 40k stuff for a Rebel Transport today, and turned around to field the following:

quote:

Luke Skywalker (28)
Veteran Instincts (1)
R2-D2 (4)

Wedge Antilles (29)
Predator (3)
R5-P9 (3)

Wes Janson (29)
Veteran Instincts (1)
R3-A2 (2)

Total: 100

Some Numbers posted:

Is the FO actually junk? I like it.

I like to run 3x Zeta squadron pilots with Epsilon leader as a ~65 pt core, and flavor the rest of the list to taste. It functions fairly well, FOs are more than just TIE Fighters with a shield upgrade bolted on. Lots more green on the dial, target locks, and S-loops make them more dangerous than you'd first expect, and that's before you start getting into pilot abilities.

• Locked thread