Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
style / art gimmick combo you want to see next
This poll is closed.
Commodore 64 hi fi 16 colors Drawing goons drooling over anime (or muscle men) 35 20.71%
Everything in MSPaint Black and White and Undertale Characters 22 13.02%
CGA in CYMK tones and rising stars of gaming like Hololens and Star Citizen 36 21.30%
Only Purple and Waluigi and Kirby ship fiction 76 44.97%
Total: 169 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.
Also this cute fat mole occasionally pops up and gives out important information.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Ravane posted:

For you, friend:

I played a game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xWjTyOdFVI

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Pictures of Shadow Tower bother me on a visceral level because it looks like Dark Souls with everything even vaguely user friendly removed and reduced to pure pain.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Sakurazuka posted:

Pictures of Shadow Tower bother me on a visceral level because it looks like Dark Souls with everything even vaguely user friendly removed and reduced to pure pain.

So Demon's Souls?

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.

Sakurazuka posted:

I played through the three PS1 King's Fields before this, so the amount of user-friendliness in this game feels amazing. And there are some surprisingly modern features like item quickslots and the ability to quickly switch between two weapons or shields which aren't exactly a given considering it's a PS1 game.

Some of these monster designs might haunt my dreams though.

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

Kanfy posted:

Some of these monster designs might haunt my dreams though.

Reminds me of the spore penis monsters.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?

Jay Rust posted:

Stardew Valley is my favourite game of 2016 so far.

Mechanically, it plays like the best Harvest Moon I've ever experienced. But what makes it great is the characterization and the details. Details like frogs leaping out of bushes, butterflies flying out of a tree you're chopping, rare woodpeckers, and I think I witnessed a fishman swimming around the ocean for about a second.

The characters are charming. Once you earn enough favour with one, you can take a gander at their room, and find out things like: what station their radio is tuned to, letters to or from loved ones, their hobbies, what they eat. Some days a group of friends visit a house to exercise. The fashion-conscious girl spends her Mondays taking snapshots of the wilds to the west of town. The carpenter and her scientist husband go dancing at the saloon on Fridays. Shane the curmudgeon goes to work at the soulless Wal-Mart equivalent every morning and drinks a beer alone when his shift is over.

It's so good!

It's seriously great. I kind of get entranced when I play because I feel like there's always more that I want to accomplish before I shut the game off. "Oh, I should go chop down some trees. And I need to get a few items from the mines. Lewis wanted some blueberries for that quest, and also I think I still need to get a gift for Penny before the week ends..." It's addictive, man.

Yesterday I seem to have finally started to break Shane's shell and so he's actually talking to me more. God drat if his situation isn't one of the most depressing things. Pam seems kind of the same in that respect.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Kanfy posted:

Also this cute fat mole occasionally pops up and gives out important information.

ah, shadow towerrr

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

aim at the floor dart in dart out

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Stux posted:

this post is correct despite the poster being an idiot piece of poo poo.

Actually it's not. He's confusing immoral with amoral hth.

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

Nasgate posted:

You got me there. My bad.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I thought that was like a flammable/inflammable thing

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I was just going to make some Marios for ten minutes and two hours have now passed

good grief!!!

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

Ciaphas posted:

I thought that was like a flammable/inflammable thing

To be honest, I thought the meaning was relatively nuanced, but apparently amorality refers to anything irrelevant to moralistic principles. Like the subject of Physics.

Granted, the person I originally responded to, also used the term amoral to mean immoral, so it is more of a pedantic argument to say I'm actually wrong.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
I used amoral because it sounds better.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

amortan joe

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QIchmlJfzs

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
I picked up Black & White from a bargain bin years after it came out when I was like 12. I had no idea who Peter Molyneux was and had zero expectations for the game so it blew me away. Years later I got extremely hyped for Black & White 2 because he promised the moon. That was my first taste of the Molyneuxperience.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Lady Naga posted:

I picked up Black & White from a bargain bin years after it came out when I was like 12. I had no idea who Peter Molyneux was and had zero expectations for the game so it blew me away. Years later I got extremely hyped for Black & White 2 because he promised the moon. That was my first taste of the Molyneuxperience.

Did you enjoy Creature island? I know I did.

I own 2 but never actually played it because the mouse symbol drawing controls somehow got worse.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
i got really excited for The Movies for some reason then never played it

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
shadow tower abyss is loving amazing

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Nasgate posted:

Did you enjoy Creature island? I know I did.

I own 2 but never actually played it because the mouse symbol drawing controls somehow got worse.

I don't think I played it much, too obsessed with the base game. The subtitles were in the game folder as just an unencrypted .txt file you could open with Notepad so I made the devil say things like "i'm a smelly weiner who likes to eat poop" and laughed for hours.

absolutely anything posted:

i got really excited for The Movies for some reason then never played it

I thought The Movies was aces even if the actual making a movie part sucked.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
black & white and the movies are pretty good games

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
hope everybody is having a goodd ay

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

FirstAidKite posted:

hope everybody is having a goodd ay

i think yuri is having a good day, he does not scream when he transofrms into a hell monster anymore

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
Red Alert 2 was sick and I haven't found an RTS I like more than it.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Lady Naga posted:

Red Alert 2 was sick and I haven't found an RTS I like more than it.

RA2 is good as hell though I sadly haven't played much of it. The only C&C game I played to any meaningful extent is Tiberian Sun and I remember it being pretty good.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

The Grimace posted:

It's seriously great. I kind of get entranced when I play because I feel like there's always more that I want to accomplish before I shut the game off. "Oh, I should go chop down some trees. And I need to get a few items from the mines. Lewis wanted some blueberries for that quest, and also I think I still need to get a gift for Penny before the week ends..." It's addictive, man.

Yesterday I seem to have finally started to break Shane's shell and so he's actually talking to me more. God drat if his situation isn't one of the most depressing things. Pam seems kind of the same in that respect.

Yeah, there's some serious "Just one more turn!" going on. Opening your front door and seeing plants ready to be harvested feels good. Then you have to ask, "Do I need to buy more seeds? Since I'm going into town, do I have some geodes for the blacksmith? Is it someone's birthday? Will I have time to pick a wild flower for them?" So good!

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Nasgate posted:

whathever ner.d

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

[speaking about Fable Legends] "I hate to make fun of people with illnesses, but I really feel that Microsoft is run by people with ADD... Do you not like well made games then? Albion should not be destroyed by the likes of idiots! Who will believe me when I tell the tale of Jack of Blades or the hero of Oakville?"

Man... So this is the audience Molyneux aims at.

https://twitter.com/PeterMolydeux/status/709063801279098880

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I have never played a Fable game and don't really care to, thanks for reading.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
What was that fantasy RTS for the Gamecube I remember it being pretty dece

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Lady Naga posted:

i thought you were talking about pokemon for a second

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Lady Naga posted:

What was that fantasy RTS for the Gamecube I remember it being pretty dece

Goblin Commander?

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Looper posted:

i thought you were talking about pokemon for a second

I am a fair bit older than 17 :v:

Skeezy posted:

Goblin Commander?

That's it. Is it actually any good?

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Lady Naga posted:

That's it. Is it actually any good?

I played it on the Xbox so I have no experience with the GameCube version. That being said I remember it being pretty drat fun for what it was.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
I assume they're the same thing. Man I was talking about Chaos Theory earlier today and now I really want to play it again. I should probably do that.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
you should play the gamecube splinter cell double agent!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
I don't think I actually ever played last-gen DA.

They should make a new Super Mario cartoon where Bowser is Peach's highschool bf who's really cool but incredibly immature and Mario is now her fiancé and Bowser is trying to win her back.

• Locked thread