Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Real hurthling! posted:

doesn't chun have a neutral unique? like a wide split kick?

Yep, and its just as good as it always was as it still hits both sides, and has a ridiculously quick startup for a fierce button(like 5 frames I think).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

inthesto posted:

It's just the costume for the rogue in Shadows Over Mystara

They ended up giving the costume to Rose instead

Rose gets all the good costumes. Except that one with the rose shoulderpads, that one is kinda bad.

Gold Dust Gasoline
Jul 11, 2006

just be yourself and you'll be fine
Pillbug

croutonZA posted:

How would you do 323 on a hitbox or keyboard? I don't play with any of those but I'm curious.

Hold forward and down, then lift your finger off of forward and back down on forward again.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Enkmar posted:

If this outfit was in SFV I wouldn't be as embarrassed to play as cammy around people I know

I bet the people you know, and in fact most people, don't give a poo poo.

cougar cub
Jun 28, 2004

Is there any technical reason on my end why SF5 doesn't record game stats? My player menu is totally blank. Or is it just a poo poo release thing? (on PC)

Cake Smashing Boob
Nov 5, 2008

I support black genocide

Now that I've played a gazillion matches I feel I'm justified in posting this tier list. Completely unbiased and totally accurate.

May take a while for the pros to catch on, but this is p much the definite list.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Cake Smashing Boob posted:

Now that I've played a gazillion matches I feel I'm justified in posting this tier list. Completely unbiased and totally accurate.

May take a while for the pros to catch on, but this is p much the definite list.

where's ryu? the center?

burger time
Apr 17, 2005

Lol

croutonZA
Jan 5, 2011

cougar cub posted:

Is there any technical reason on my end why SF5 doesn't record game stats? My player menu is totally blank. Or is it just a poo poo release thing? (on PC)

Yeah, mine's the same. Says I last played 110 years ago for some reason. It's a common issue.

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?

F- tier: My character
S+++ tier: Your character

Cake Smashing Boob
Nov 5, 2008

I support black genocide

Real hurthling! posted:

where's ryu? the center?

He's dead.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

ryu in peace little nihonji

Cake Smashing Boob
Nov 5, 2008

I support black genocide
Is there any way to upload matches from PC in game? Also how the gently caress do I accept invites?!

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
Poor Ryu, he died as all Hobo's lived

Forgotten until someone asks

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Also how the gently caress do I accept invites?!

lol you gotta quit to main menu and get it from the upper left log tile. most invites i get are expired by the time i get there and i have to retype the user name.

i wish there was in game messaging that let you type text after a match. i really want to get hate mail and nobody is going to look at my profile for my psn, go to the ps4 menu, start a chat, remind me what their cfn name is, and then call me gay.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Ryu's grave visited by his father, Pyu.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

Here's a real serious chart that you can use for something

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

Why do people think Chun is so hard to use? The only thing she has that's even remotely difficult is crMK xx SBK in her BNB. You can sub crMK xx Legs and only lose a bit of damage (and the knockdown, I guess, but KDs don't always have a lot of value in this game).

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Sarchasm posted:

Why do people think Chun is so hard to use? The only thing she has that's even remotely difficult is crMK xx SBK in her BNB. You can sub crMK xx Legs and only lose a bit of damage (and the knockdown, I guess, but KDs don't always have a lot of value in this game).

tk legs

Cake Smashing Boob
Nov 5, 2008

I support black genocide
tbf his list says less easy, not difficult.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Sarchasm posted:

Instant air legs is a little awkward :shrug:

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

The stuff Chun has at optimal levels is much harder than anything else in the game, Karin is the same way. If I wasn't going to count any of that stuff, everyone would be off the chart because they're too far left.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
Yeah, I'd like a Laura costume where her tits aren't literally everywhere.

Weird thing is I switched to M.Bison briefly after getting fed up of Laura. Lost a bunch of LP as I began to learn him and then decided to switch back.

Somehow my Laura has got significantly better. I do not know why.

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

You have Zanchief over on... EZ?

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

!Klams posted:

You have Zanchief over on... EZ?

spin to win

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I guess if you can't do 360s but this is like the easiest they've ever been.

burger time
Apr 17, 2005

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

I like this list but I would put birdie higher and Necalli lower. Probably switch their y-axis positions imo.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

Nobody can convince me Necalli isn't the easiest character in the game.

The reasoning Birdie is further to the right is because he relies almost entirely on 2 hit light confirms which are the hardest thing most characters have and his are also unsafe if you mess them up. He also has very situational confirms from vskill stuff, negative edge specials, and a lot of unsafe/scrub trap moves that are harder to use "correctly" than some other characters.

The reasoning he's so far left is you just kind of press random buttons and anti-air with cr.MP and you're 80% there.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

is there a reliable input to instant-air chun's stomp or do i just be quick on the stick

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy

Dark Clam posted:

the characters in this game feel like they have a lot less depth without close normals and unique neutral jump attacks. has capcom said why they got rid of these?

They didn't, they just made every normal in the game a close normal.

Reznor
Jan 15, 2006

Hot dinosnail action.
So wait, did we just conclude birdie is better than zangief?

Cake Smashing Boob
Nov 5, 2008

I support black genocide
birdie is the worst character in the game

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Cat Machine posted:

is there a reliable input to instant-air chun's stomp or do i just be quick on the stick

I haven't even begun working on it yet but

http://youtu.be/2ku9_2Kdun0

Soft Shell Crab
Apr 12, 2006

birdie is the worst character in the game

With the dumbest name.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

a haiku re: sfv

March update come quick
cammy goggles must be mine
take money capcom

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

Ryu's Toes Cut Short
Chun-Li's Boobs Jiggle Sometimes
Where Is Urien

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
What exactly is guard recovery? I thought that was some kind of punish on block but I can't seem to get the training bot to throw out any kind of punish after successfully blocking an attack.

E:
Nm got it working had to turn the slots ON apparently.

Microwaves Mom fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Mar 14, 2016

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

What makes Necalli so ez?

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

Microwaves Mom posted:

What exactly is guard recovery? I thought that was some kind of punish on block but I can't seem to get the training bot to throw out any kind of punish after successfully blocking an attack.

I go into how to use it a little bit here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFzO6HBZhLQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
I should really work on some non-chun characters if they're as easier as bebo's chart says they are, I'm getting ridiculously frustrated by all the overlaps she has on commands (I have a habit of constantly charging downback from playing a bunch of 4 and I'm constantly getting SBK instead of legs) and the input for TK legs is just escaping me from P2 side.

What's Cammy's storymode costume, if she doesn't have the giant wedgie in that costume I might pick her up when the costumes start arriving