Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

HGH posted:

I just finished watching the whole thing and that's not all they cribbed from MGS4.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZaIu0FAxXHg&t=420s
Big fat spoilers here. But man, it's such a shame they played the Broken Bond.

what a thrill

oh they just sang that as i typed it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Baal posted:

No, but you see Woolie can't play a Naruto game with stuff he hasn't seen!!!!!

It's so good how Matt IMMEDIATELY called that poo poo out

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

wait

wait

does Pat think Hiashi Eugenics is the CANON STORYLINE?

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Rodyle posted:

wait

wait

it's darth jar jar all over again

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

also holy poo poo Minecraft 3 takes the conversation topic into the dark zone and beyond

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Rodyle posted:

also holy poo poo Minecraft 3 takes the conversation topic into the dark zone and beyond

Pat/Woolie LPs tend to go to very dark places, like elevator decapitation, fear of death and Woolie's home for recording.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Rodyle posted:

wait

wait

I thought the same thing and I really really really hope he does

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Dias posted:

Pat/Woolie LPs tend to go to very dark places, like elevator decapitation, fear of death and Woolie's home for recording.

well this one starts with pat explaining the mechanics of butt chugging to woolie and goes from there

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Dias posted:

elevator decapitation

Woolie's reaction to this was amazing, when Pat was describing the warning sticker.

"Oh? Oh! OH!"

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Rodyle posted:

the point is 1. what is the endpoint of such an LP? 2. Harvest Moon/Stardew Valley is a game about creating routines and whatnot which doesn't really play for video

The endpoint would be when you have successfully chilled and had fun with a good video game.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

CJacobs posted:

The endpoint would be when you have successfully chilled and had fun with a good video game.

I don't understand why you're watching LPs instead of just listening to a podcast

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
I like the the minecraft lp, its a bunch of bullshitting and weird conversations

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Improbable Lobster posted:

I don't understand why you're watching LPs instead of just listening to a podcast

We only get one of those a week.

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Depths posted:

I like the the minecraft lp, its a bunch of bullshitting and weird conversations

I also like it for this reason.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

CJacobs posted:

that is not an answer to the question that I asked

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Depths posted:

They specifically say it's basically just an extra podcast for them, sooooo

which would also be what Stardew Valley'd likely wind up as, and I would be A-OK with that, with the occasional waifu wars

I like the spunky blue-haired chick so far

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

I already do both so combining them is like chocolate + peanut butter to me.

edit: chocolate + peanut butter - lovely minecraft game

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Rodyle posted:

wait

wait

It's the only subplot that makes sense, so.

Depths posted:

Agreed. Loved the tale of Pat's sister realizing the bunny she bonded with over the summer was served in a plate for her.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Minecraft was a mistake.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Rodyle posted:

boy this ubisoft naruto game sure is the worst of both world who could imagine

I dunno that stardew would really inspire that in them in the first place

I mean in a hypothetical harvest moon playthrough.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Stairmaster posted:

I mean in a hypothetical harvest moon playthrough.

Stardew IS Harvest Moon!

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Dexie posted:

Minecraft was a mistake.

Notch agrees, probably.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Dias posted:

Notch agrees, probably.

I'd ask him but it's hard to spot him when he's snorkeling in his loving olympic size swimming pool of money.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Stardew Valley is a great game, but would be LP poison. Would be a good one for a one-off or a stream for sure.

Abigail and Leah are best girls, Maru is acceptable, and the rest are trash.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

CJacobs posted:

I'd ask him but it's hard to spot him when he's snorkeling in his loving olympic size swimming pool of money.

Notch has been slowly going insane from isolation if his twitter is any indication. Turns out that when you flee your home country (to avoid taxes, lol) and lock yourself in a mansion it gets pretty lonely I guess.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Notch has been slowly going insane from isolation if his twitter is any indication. Turns out that when you flee your home country (to avoid taxes, lol) and lock yourself in a mansion it gets pretty lonely I guess.

Notch is like the king of incredibly weak comebacks on twitter, it's the only reason I still follow him after all these years.

edit: Of course, the other guy's comeback is weak too in this example, but that's generally how twitter slap fights are

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Suteki Da Ne sucks

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Godaaaaamn that TFS Naruto LP lore knowledge would make most hardcores blush. Like, specific chapter of the perfect pronunciation of a power introduced in chapter 300 something something.

Lanipator had way too much free time.

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Rodyle posted:

Suteki Da Ne sucks

Thank you.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Rodyle posted:

Suteki Da Ne sucks

For real

DPM
Feb 23, 2015

TAKE ME HOME
I'LL CHECK YA BUM FOR GRUBS
Did anyone else catch that Boss-Key-Yachts* is a lovely reference to Jean-Michel Basquiat ? Like, what the actual gently caress Spike Lee that is some Macklemore level wank right there.

*I loving refuse to spell it with dollar signs, gently caress yourself

DPM fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Mar 14, 2016

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I think my favorite part of Trashcan Racism is that Jensen's minimal affectation compared to her makes her somehow become even worse

I wouldn't have been surprised if they'd backed down so hard they straight up removed her from the Director's Cut cause christ

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Rodyle posted:

I wouldn't have been surprised if they'd backed down so hard they straight up removed her from the Director's Cut cause christ

She does have a commentary node dedicated to her wherein the devs basically go "whoops, this was uh probably a bad idea, our bad"

edit: Having played it recently: Specifically, they say the character was not written as a black woman and it only turned out that way in post, and that it was the VA's idea to voice her in the way she did. They go on to say that they probably should've nixed that and gone back and looked at the character a bit more in depth to prevent something like what happened from happening in the first place.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Mar 14, 2016

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I know they didn't, she's in the new vessel episode, I just mean I wouldn't have been surprised if they had.

I don't know that I buy the "it was an accident" defense but it's not like we'll ever really know so OH WELL.

I doubt we shall be seeing her in Mankind Divided. RIP.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
They didn't play the "it was an accident" defense, they admitted the character was a bad move and apologized for their mistake. They didn't really even defend anything.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Mar 14, 2016

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

CJacobs posted:

They didn't play the "it was an accident" defense, they admitted the character was a bad move and apologized for their mistake.

And they left the character in as well showing their integrity for their mistake rather than pretending they didn't gently caress up and erase her all together.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
...man, Minecraft episode 3 went some DARK places, yeah.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

woolie is halfway through reboot

turns out there are missable weapon upgrades throughout the game and if he doesn't get them (and he won't) the last bosses are going to be just about unkillable

lets hang out fucked around with this message at 06:31 on Mar 14, 2016

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Dias posted:

...man, Minecraft episode 3 went some DARK places, yeah.

I checked out like, five minutes into the video.

I know they just talked about not ending LPs early on last week's podcast, but...man. I really hope they cancel this one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Dexie posted:

I checked out like, five minutes into the video.

I know they just talked about not ending LPs early on last week's podcast, but...man. I really hope they cancel this one.

What the gently caress, Pat Discusses Existential Issues is some of the best content the channel ever puts out. Also it's like five episodes long apparently.