Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Judakel posted:

I hope Anthony dies. He is a very bad person.

I hope he gets help. He won't, but there's always hope.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keg
Sep 22, 2014
This is why I don't have any sympathy for Anthony right now: https://vimeo.com/158525495

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Call Me Charlie posted:

Already permabanned for posting personal information. Somebody should have clued him in that doxxing is against Reddit TOS
those quotes are gold, no surprise that if you dox former XM listeners they're almost all truck drivers

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
I just realized why Ant keeps Gavin around: He's literally the only bigger loser in the world than himself. Ant lost multiple millions of dollars a year in an easy gig contract. Gavin lost billions by getting himself ousted from Vice.

frenton
Aug 15, 2005

devil soup

Keg posted:

This is why I don't have any sympathy for Anthony right now: https://vimeo.com/158525495

This is actually hilarious but yeah, whatever, still gently caress Anthony.

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe
gavin got totally chumped and made to look ridiculous by sam hyde. he's a loser.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
I love hearing random things that are entirely different in a modern context. Like "Go fast without making your hands shake." Lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8cys-EvrG4&t=7396s

https://vid.me/TmRN

Apoplexy fucked around with this message at 13:45 on Mar 11, 2016

An Enormous Boner
Jul 12, 2009

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God

IDGAC.

ada shatan
Oct 20, 2004

that'll do pig, that'll do

JFC posted:

IDGAC.

Language, please.

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Did you ask him if he was lost?

He looks a bit lost.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
Haha it reminds me of

Tevryr
Dec 5, 2009

don't let the appearance catch you off guard, a relentless smile might be charging around the corner!

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Tevryr posted:

don't let the appearance catch you off guard, a relentless smile might be charging around the corner!

This is the look he gave right before he said 'you know what would be great? Lady Di Internship.'

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
Colin came in on Xmas Eve to the wine shop I was working at. He saw me notice him and start to geek out that Colin Quinn was in my store, the most beaming smile appeared on his face.

Point is, Colin Quinn is a good egg.

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
One time years back when Tough Crowd was on the air, a friend of mine saw Colin Quinn in a gas station in New Jersey and she was so excited that she called me because I used to watch the show all the time. She put him on the phone and I told him I loved the show and he goes "well bad news, they're cancelling it" in the disenchanted Colin Quinn voice. She told me he was wearing a fluffy pink shirt.

Tr33
May 26, 2007

Love is a tiny lion holding a donut!
how is colin quinn not a mega star. Don't get me wrong, he's got a pretty high profile I just feel like he should way way higher.

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?
Most of my friends and relatives don't "get" colin quinn and believe he's not funny.

I wish I had different friends and relatives. :smith:

ozza
Oct 23, 2008

It's a massive shame that he isn't on the "comic God" tier in the public's eyes. Not only is he funny but he comes across as a genuinely good human being, which can't be said for all the rest of the O&A comics / hosts / fans.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Long Story Short is my favorite comedy special ever

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Long Story Short is my favorite comedy special ever

You mean a Long Shory Stort?

cochise
Sep 11, 2011

All this good talk about Colin scares me. Hope he doesn't die or some horrible secret comes out and crushes all of our hearts.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

cochise posted:

All this good talk about Colin scares me. Hope he doesn't die or some horrible secret comes out and crushes all of our hearts.

And ruins our loving Friday.

trjl710
Oct 21, 2005
I would like to put this out there in all seriousness. Amidst all of the negativity that has gone on over the past year or so I honestly have to say that I feel terrible about the whole thing with the people involved. This was a show that I listened to since the late 90s and the every show from 2004's XM days on. These guys felt like part of my family as I listened to all of their shows in my headphones at work. I felt like "part of the gang" and it got me through some real rough patches in my life with their humor. It was a 20 year career that exploded in everyone's faces and had such negative effects to everyone involved.

All the comics that relied on them for publicity are torn between the shows, employees lost jobs, friendships turned to enemies, the list goes on. Everyone's private lives and secrets went public, many of their own fault.
Jimmy is trapped and on unstable ground and looking to make sure he is employed which is is unsure since the on air fight that brought out all the crap between him and Opie.
I read all the comments here and Reddit and see what happened to Anthony, a former brilliant broadcaster who is tied with Jimmy for unbelievable quick timing that has had me in hysterics numerous times.
I may get crapped on for this but I'm just being honest. It was my favorite entertainment for over 10 years and to see it devolve into this. It is just heartbreaking.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

trjl710 posted:

I would like to put this out there in all seriousness. Amidst all of the negativity that has gone on over the past year or so I honestly have to say that I feel terrible about the whole thing with the people involved. This was a show that I listened to since the late 90s and the every show from 2004's XM days on. These guys felt like part of my family as I listened to all of their shows in my headphones at work. I felt like "part of the gang" and it got me through some real rough patches in my life with their humor. It was a 20 year career that exploded in everyone's faces and had such negative effects to everyone involved.

All the comics that relied on them for publicity are torn between the shows, employees lost jobs, friendships turned to enemies, the list goes on. Everyone's private lives and secrets went public, many of their own fault.
Jimmy is trapped and on unstable ground and looking to make sure he is employed which is is unsure since the on air fight that brought out all the crap between him and Opie.
I read all the comments here and Reddit and see what happened to Anthony, a former brilliant broadcaster who is tied with Jimmy for unbelievable quick timing that has had me in hysterics numerous times.
I may get crapped on for this but I'm just being honest. It was my favorite entertainment for over 10 years and to see it devolve into this. It is just heartbreaking.
source your quotes

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

I don't feel bad at all that things have blown up in everyone's faces. I knew they were all scumbags even 10+ years ago when the show was good, I just let it slide because they were funny and had good comics on.

Now that the humor is gone it's easy to laugh and poke fun because they all sort of have it coming. I'm having my cake and eating it too.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Chromatic posted:

I don't feel bad at all that things have blown up in everyone's faces. I knew they were all scumbags even 10+ years ago when the show was good, I just let it slide because they were funny and had good comics on.

Now that the humor is gone it's easy to laugh and poke fun because they all sort of have it coming. I'm having my cake and eating it too.

I feel the same way, especially since they have shown that when the shoe is on the other foot they simply cannot deal with it at all, especially O&A themselves.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.

trjl710 posted:

It's still real to me, damnit!

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Chromatic posted:

Most of my friends and relatives don't "get" colin quinn and believe he's not funny.
I hated Colin when Tough Crowd was on. I thought he was just the old curmudgeon who couldn't read the Weekend Update cue cards.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

trjl710 posted:

thank you for sayin what needed to be said!

ozza
Oct 23, 2008

trjl710 posted:

Sorry dude, your internet crapped out. Can you say that again?

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

trjl710 posted:

Agreed, and I'd like to add: Some eighteen years ago I left Dayton Ohio with two very bad knees, and the dream to become a major league baseball player.

Atarian
Aug 10, 2005

This ant...
Clever Betty

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Agreed, and I'd like to add: Some eighteen years ago I left Dayton Ohio with two very bad knees, and the dream to become a major league baseball player.

What happened?

ada shatan
Oct 20, 2004

that'll do pig, that'll do

Atarian posted:

What happened?

SHE WAS VERY BADLY RAPED, YOU SEEEEEEE.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

A victim of the modern age, poor poor girl!

trjl710
Oct 21, 2005
You guys rule!!!!!

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rfnz32eOpS4

Paul Revere 3000
Dec 8, 2007

So like a pimp I'm pimpin'
I got a boat to eat shrimp in
Nothing wrong with my leg
I'm just B-boy limpin'

ada shatan posted:

SHE WAS VERY BADLY RAPED, YOU SEEEEEEE.

When the hell did this happen!?!?

An Enormous Boner
Jul 12, 2009

https://twitter.com/iamcolinquinn/status/709056920506798080

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

I remember before everyone picked up on social media Colin would just say outlandish things and retweet everyone who got offended or annoyed.

He was the only person Louis CK followed before he deleted his twitter.

Colin owns and is good.

• Locked thread